View Full Version : What comes up on caller ID? And will my Unknown ID Block prevent his calls??

Techno1
01-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I finally got set up for long distance and requested they allow any and all collect calls including from prisons. :yes:

But I have caller ID and tend to not answer my phone if I don't recognize the phone number or if it says Unknown Caller :rolleyes:. I also have Caller ID block..where no one can call me with their number blocked :nono:.

I was wondering if I get a call from Bobby how would I know?
Does it come up as collect call on the caller ID? or some other number/name? :confused: and will my no blocked calls allowed service cause a problem? :shrug:

Thanks.
:grouphug:

GotaysWifey21
01-24-2006, 05:57 PM
when my man was able to call it would come up pay phone and the number. when my uncle calls my dad it comes up on there caller id unknown. if i were you just to be sure i would answer all the calls even if you dont know who it is. only until you get the first call from him. if you dont get a call for awhile then i would take the call block off, just incase thats the problem. good luck

Vlfl
01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
You need to take the anonymous call rejection off......actually, just disable it, that's what I did, as sometimes there will be a number and sometimes there won't be, at least that's been my experience. ............. pm me if you have any more questions

MrsPhil
01-24-2006, 05:59 PM
When my man calls it always comes up as pay phone and the number.

sande leigh
01-24-2006, 06:06 PM
mine have come up with either pay phone number or out of area.

sande

monet420
01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Mine just comes up as unknown caller....the is no #

whiskeylullabye
01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Mine comes up with Unavailable ID or 000-000-0000 <-- but that one happens next to never!

Retired-25
01-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Mine used to come up as Unknown Caller, but now it comes up as MCI plus the number he's calling from.

MrsBenji
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, over the past five years, it's shown up at CBS's number and name "Unknown"... it's shown up with all zeros. It's shown up as "Michigan" and the main number for the prison.

I would suggest that you remove the block service, just because it could block his calls. ANd you can always hang up if it's a telemarketer or some other person you don't want to call. And after a few calls, you'll be able to identify when it's him.

Happy calling!!!

Jenn

Thomas's girl
01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Mine always shows up as UNKNOWN ID or just UNKNOWN so I would take the block off just to be safe

robs_angel
01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
When he was in the regional it was TCG Payphone and the number, now that he is in prison it says : private name and private number.

Yep if you have the block on he wont be able to call, good luck :)!

HardHeadedWoman
01-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Mine shows up "privacy director" then the number

Techno1
01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Great! Thank you all!! :grouphug: :hifive:
I have turned off the block and I think I'll just remove it completely and that'll save me $1.15 a month.. :rolleyes: lol of couse I'll just be putting that saved money towards my long distance bill now:o.
So now I should be all set! :D I just need him to call now lol :p.

Oh and I've been answering the phone allllll night too! Someone with Unknown Name Unknown Number keeps calling but when the machine got it there was only a dial tone so I keep answering it now lol and it's just some weird music then slience. :shrug:

Cubana
01-24-2006, 09:27 PM
mine says. unknown number, id unavailable, annonymous. it jus depends what prison he was calling from

MuhBabyJesse
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Thru our co. jail, it either comes up Ameritel Payphone and the # or Evercom So. and the #, but when Jesse calls me, it's usually Unknown/Unknown, which I hate because more often than not I try to ignore those calls because there is not usually anyone there. Occasionally it will say Blocked Name/Blocked Number, and every once in a while it will say Unknown, or Payphone, with the #999-999-9999. I've had to totally take off all my blocks just so he can call.....

kkinney
01-27-2006, 06:10 PM
My phone calls always come up unknown. I also know that if you have the block on your caller Id that doesn't allow unknown names to come through that the calls from the prison or jail won't work either so you should probably get that taken off so you can talk to your loved one.

80 days and counting until my Scotty comes home !!!!!!!

Techno1
01-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Great .. Thanks! :thumbsup: :grouphug: Everything is all turned off now. Still no phone call :shake: :shrug: Maybe he'll get the letter tonight telling him it's all set and he'll call. :rolleyes:

Thanks again!
:hifive: