View Full Version : Ok Ya'll I'm gettin fat!!!!

varsgrrrl
06-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Since my baby's been away I've been putting on the pounds. Has anyone else had this problem? Please let's discuss the "fat girl" blues:(

Rona
06-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Try the PTO dieting group on yahoo groups. There's an awful lot of ideas and much needed support. I don't have the link however. I'm sure someone will come along with it though.

Rona

varsgrrrl
06-15-2003, 08:21 PM
You know I don't even want a solution. I already know I need to get off the couch and the computer. I just want sympathy and to know I'm not alone. Girl, I've gone from a 5/6 to a 9/10. He likes da butt but I don't.

TxRenee
06-15-2003, 10:21 PM
No sympathy here! In fact to those that do have weight issues I think this is kinda a lame post :)

PTO is for SUPPORT!!! I should hope not for sympathy.

Renee

varsgrrrl
06-16-2003, 04:48 AM
My God lighten up!!! I'm sure everyone can find something to be offended about. If ya don't like my post move on to the next, if it doesn't apply to you SKIP IT. It was just done in fun. Have a lovely day:)

Lysbeth
06-16-2003, 05:06 AM
I think she was just teasing & kidding, Varsgrrrl. See the smiley :) in her post? :D

irisheyes66
06-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by varsgrrrl
You know I don't even want a solution. I just want sympathy and to know I'm not alone.

Girl, I've gone from a 5/6 to a 9/10. He likes da butt but I don't.

Why on earth would you want sympathy? Like the rest of us with weight issues, you are the one that put the pounds on, and you are the ONLY one who can take them off. I have roughly 45-50 lbs. to lose, and I don't want sympathy....I want to lose the weight, LOL! The "knowing I'm not alone" part is understandable; that's what makes PTO such a great place....there are so many others here dealing with similar issues, from our incarcerated loved ones, to car troubles....to weight loss.

And geez....if going from a 5/6 to a 9/10 makes you yell, "gettin' fat"....what does that make ME, at size 16/18??? LMAO! Did you know that today, Marilyn Monroe, the idealized icon of beauty and sex appeal for decades now, would be a solid size 12 or 14...or maybe even a 16? I'd much rather my daughter be built like Marilyn than Kate Moss, or one of those waifish-looking runway strutters...no offense intended to our thin members :)

I hate the way our culture is geared for near-frenzied "thin thinking".....the lies perpetuated by the weight loss industry are downright criminal. A target number on the scale becomes more important than words like "healthy", "muscle", "strong", etc. When I diet, I do not look for weight loss at the beginning, but rather, an increased feeling of energy and stamina, a general sense of well-being and confidence, and pride that I am taking care of myself in an important way. When those feelings are in place, the pounds inevitably come off. Getting started is the hardest part; setting aside time for meal planning and exercise can be a real pain in the *ss sometimes, but for me, it's the only thing that works...putting myself "first" from time to time.

Good luck, and feel free to pm me for support, not sympathy! *wink*

Susan in Providence

GlindafromOz
06-16-2003, 11:27 AM
I would love to find a diet that works and keeps you healthy too. But the key is activity. We need to get away from the computers and do something

ToughTimes
06-16-2003, 01:25 PM
I am a size 20/22 --- I KNOW that I am fat! But I can't work out right now cause I just had surgery. I am just trying to find a guy that doesn't mind me being bigger. I carry myself really well though, and look good.

Chevygal55
06-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Okay well I need to loose like major pounds here and I am disabled with back injuries and my feet well..y'all know about my feet.... So I can't do my walking no more like I use to, I can't do areobics, I can't do sit ups or crunches cuz of my back, so does anyone know of some senior citizen excercise tapes? Serious....LOL... don't laugh but I am begining to think some kind of excercise is better then none right???

flygirlaa2
06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Chevy, there is an exercize that is breathing. I will try and recall what it is named so you can look it up on the net.
(I cant recall the name of the breathing exercize, but I will ask the yoga teacher next time I go. It is a good exercize for people with limitations and a lot of wheelchair bound people do it. It is an aerobic that consists of only breathing) There is also Tai Chi and yoga but they may be too much for you.

Vars I will give you some sympathy. ;) It is not fun to be overweight. Hang in there and make a plan to help yourself now before you are the size 16/18 or 22/24.

Christy
06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Chevy....try water aerobics. That might be easier on the back and feet. Check with the doctor first.

Lucrisid
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
How about coming to my house to help me spend one month watching 9 kids????

Trulykath
06-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Society tell us....or dictates...how we SHOULD look...but there are some important comments here....

it's how you carry yourself...it's an air of confidence....you can be a size 5...and completely insecure....you can be a size 20, and be totally secure....and YES..i'm the latter.

Since Skip left, I still have to remind myself to eat....I'm down 8 pounds....this really suprised me.....Historically, I found solice in food.....now that part of my soul is gone, I have to force eating. (My boss is about to kill me, as I never go to lunch).

Skip loves me....and told me just yesterday, how beautiful I look!!! Make sure, if you lose weight, gain weight etc...you do it for you....and not what you THINK society thinks you should look like!

my 2 cents,
kath

varsgrrrl
06-16-2003, 04:55 PM
WELL! I see I struck a nerve here. I should realize that you all don't know me and don't know my sense of humor...yet. This was not to put anyone down, not even myself. I've truly gotten lazy!!! That's just me. Tae Bo kicks a** for those who are motivated. It's not for me to determine what overweight is for anyone else but I know what's overweight for me. Var loves my weight gain and doesn't want me to lose a pound but it's about ME not HIM or anyone else. Keep this forum going though, some of your comments might help others. Oh yeah, I'd gain weight watching 9 kids, from the cases and cases of beer I'd have to consume (Joke Alert!!!) Tootles Ya'll :)

JJH
06-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Well, I am glad to finally hear that someone else out there copes with all this by drinking lots of beer. I find that it is the only answer.
Really...just kidding. not.

JJH
06-16-2003, 09:36 PM
PS I think you should eat while you are hurting and dealing with the initial shock. Even if that takes a few years. Whatever it takes to feel OK for a moment. You will come around and finally decide that you have to take care of you to get through all this and then you will loose the weight but at first you just have to have immediate comfort to get through and I just really don't see anything wrong with that. You just have to do alot of work later when you are stronger.
This situtation is unbearable at times so eat a cookie for God's sake.

varsgrrrl
06-16-2003, 10:11 PM
OOOOHHHH! I'm feeling a new prison recipe....BEER COOKIES!!!!! mmm mmm good ;) :idea: :idea:

msveggie
06-16-2003, 10:25 PM
JJH

Eat a cookie you say. Thanks for permission to do so but I think I might have eaten the cookie factory. Not really but I've gained weight also.

It's just very difficult since some of us don't have much of a life any more. I don't want to go any where. Nothing sounds interesting to me or like fun. I'm not comfortable hanging out with friends or family since most would rather I not be with my fiance. So we can't talk about the things in my life that are important to me. So what's left? That's right something in the fridge will understand me. I know how pitiful this must sound. But it's the truth.

irisheyes66
06-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by msveggie
I'm not comfortable hanging out with friends or family since most would rather I not be with my fiance. So we can't talk about the things in my life that are important to me. So what's left? That's right something in the fridge will understand me. I know how pitiful this must sound. But it's the truth.

Well, so far, my Mother has been understanding and even accepting of Shawn in my life....but it still makes for some awkward conversation!

However, "something in the fridge will understand me"....Now THAT is the gospel truth, sister! Been there, done that, and now the t-shirt doesn't even fit anymore!!!

Susan in Providence, whose breakfast today consisted of 5 ounces of sour watermelon gummy bears and 2 Dunkin' French Crullers.........AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :(

demossangel
06-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Love my Cherry Vodka,love my food, love sitting in front of my computer, and I just got out of the pool!!!! My hubby says I have a cute butt and I say its big. His comment "just all that much more to love, MY Dear. :D So I gave in, I just live to be HAPPY! Beer cookies? :hmm: Wonder if I could make some with CHERRY VODKA!!! :dance:

varsgrrrl
06-17-2003, 09:05 PM
See this is what I was talkin' about. Having a laugh about the whole thing. If I don't find humor in the problem I'll go nuts. My mother thinks I'm crazy for staying with him but she's been a single mom since I was born and is just set in her ways. She doesn't believe in second chances but I'm learning to give them. I'm also learning that I don't have the metabolism that I had when I was 19 and I have to get off my a** if I want to stay in shape. By the way that cherry vodka sounds like something worth trying;)

Lucrisid
06-19-2003, 08:51 PM
My problem is that I loose weight too fast. I look anorexic at times and I have to eat like a cow to not look like a sick version of Twiggy. Not nice either...

JJH
06-19-2003, 08:59 PM
Cherry Vodka is sounding so delicious to me, too.

Chevygal55
06-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Here's one for y'all..... okay okay and for me too! Hahaha

Trulykath
06-19-2003, 10:08 PM
inside me....there is a skinny woman screaming to get out.....

(i can usually shut the bitch up with cookies...)

{running/ducking}
kath

Chevygal55
06-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Here ya go Kath.... Your T-Shirt! LOL.....

SaraSmile
06-21-2003, 12:08 PM
I've actually gained weight since Randy went in. Then in the last 3 months I've lost abotu 15 lbs. Still eating better. I finally can because I saw myself and said I don't want him seeing me like this. Motivation kicked in and I have finally sticked to a diet for the first time in my life!! Still need to lose some more, but I'm glad Randy has given me that motivation to lose those xtra lbs. My pic is in the gallery under inmate photographs. first one...
Sara

Seanachai
06-22-2003, 10:44 AM
HA! I am talking to my doc about gastroplasty when I go in for my annual. Tired of up and down yo yoing starving myself so i dont gain working my ass off only to make it bigger. Screw all that.
As for cherry vodka pour me a triple and I will take 5 of em. Cant drink though due to the meds I am on so I can just THINK about losing myself in a booze haze for an evening or 500.