View Full Version : Just assigned FDC FAIRTON

phillysentance
01-21-2006, 04:57 PM
any info i got a small bit 5 months.. how do i know if i got the camp, the judge ordered i should get mim but its not garenteed.

SusanT
01-21-2006, 05:13 PM
If your letter states that you are to self-surrender to the detention center, you may be there the entire time. Let's be grateful it is only five months. Lee Weingarten Fastow (Enron wife) had requested to go to FPC Bryan and the judge agreed but the BOP sent her to the Houston Detention Center for 5 months.

phillysentance
01-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I meant to write FAIRTON FCI .. its not an FDC sorry thanks. my date is 2/17/06 I was sentanced 1/5/06

SusanT
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
The FCI is a medium security facility. Perhaps they will transfer you to the adjacent camp as soon as they have space. I have no knowledge of life in a medium security facility but I'm sure you can get the information you need during the next few weeks.

GOODT
09-25-2006, 06:18 AM
I was sentaced to camp time st fairton went right in sfter prossesing about 2 hrs....its the smallest camp in the system, only draw back is it is dorm style other thrn that was a good place to do my time

bellisq
09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
welcome to Federal Forum, it's good to have first hand knowledge of Fairton.

oceanshaman
09-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I am getting sentenced in Baltimore on October 5, 2006 and am requesting FPC Fairton relative to any incarceration imposed. It has gotten good reviews across the board, and its the closest federal institution to my home near Ocean City, MD. :thumbsup:

Fed Up
09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I was released from the camp at Fairton in March of 2006, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I will help as much as I can

phillysentance
09-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I was released in July 2006. Feel free to ask anyquestions as well.

oceanshaman
09-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Fed Up and Phillysentance, please provide reviews detailing your experience . . .

GOODT
10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
well, you didnt ask me buttt I tell you any way..... In my opinion if you have to do time fairton is about the best to do it...

Its one of the smallest camps in the system and its all dorm style

has many amenitys and when I was there the staff actually caried

the food was above average ( the inmate who ran the kitchen owned a cattering company on the out side )

theearle
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Are there any Study programs ASt Fairton?

GOODT
06-09-2007, 04:15 PM
When I was there there where a few programs but not many as the camp is so small it hard for them to justify it

Connors21
01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I am interested in learning as much as possible about FCI Fairton, not the camp, but the medium security prison. If anyone can give me any info- I would so appreciate it. My son just was brought there to begin his 5 year sentence. I am from RI.

Email removed per PTO policy

abbey09
01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Connors:
My guy is in the camp at Fairton. I don't know a lot about the medium security prison, but it is more like high security. There is a fairly new assistant warden there that is a female and she has been making a lot of changes that are not so good. I was inside the locked prison once for visiting when he was in the hole and i didn't like it very much. You have to go thru metal detectors. Bring at least $20 when you visit so you can buy food. The coffee and cappocino are good.
Abbey

GOODT
01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi connors

As Abby said the med (as it was sold to the locals) is actually a high in disguise as the locals never would of gone for a high sec prison ... ( Thats why there are no towers but they have guards circling the prison 24/7 in pick up trucks, there are motion detectors on both sets of fences along with being toped with razor wire... I was only behind the fence twice once was set to shu, the second time was because of a hurricane scare The the inside didnt look all that bad although for the most part only saw the mess hall where we stayed all night

Joe

Connors21
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks Abbey- for replying. I really need to hear from someone who has a friend/family inside the medium facility, because the camp is probably MUCH different, I'm sure. Hopefully my son will make his way to that security but I haven't a clue how they get to go there, unless court ordered to do so. As for the metal detectors, well that is like that here in RI as well, not just the max security, either. I just hope this is it, and will be my son's final place to stay for awhile, anyhow. The only reason I would think he should move is if the drug program is not available there at Fairton.

He was recommended to do the 500 hour program, due to his charges.

Thanks so much for the information!
A. Connors

Connors21
01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Joe- OK- the security is really "high" but what does that mean really? The way I see it- they ain't going to get out until their release, so... LOL! I just think if someone is being ordered to a medium security level, then that's what they should be at. Does this mean the most violent offenders are here at this facility, Fairton? Are the inmates allowed to roam within the facility- such as rec halls, etc.. outdoors, etc... play cards. or are they in lockdown like most high securities?

Thanks for the info!
A. Connors

abbey09
01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Conners:

As I said, my guy is in the camp next door, but I saw the inside of the "high security" prison. You are right that if you are ordered to medium, then that is where you should go, but this really is a high security prison. I have never seen men roaming outside. The guards are all behind bullet proof glass and the inmates are strip searched at this facility. It was very frightening when i had to visit him there while he was in the hole. He is in for not paying taxes, so you can imagine that yes I was frightened because I have never dealt with any violent men. The visiting room can and does have violence occassionally.
There is also a secret maximum security facility there that most people don't know about. It is not listed in BOP website.
Abbey

abbey09
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
I forgot to say Hi to GOODT. How have you been dear????? You have been away from PTO for a while.
Abbey

GOODT
02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi abby

yes been very busy, doing great thanks for asking

Joe

phillysentance
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I can't believe this thread is so high. I created it 2 years ago. Wow.

GOODT
02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
I can't believe this thread is so high. I created it 2 years ago. Wow.

Thats pretty cool !!!!!:thumbsup:

BLW
09-24-2010, 06:01 PM
When can you expect to get the first phone call from a new inmate in FPC Fairton? Also how long do you have to wait before wives and children can visit?

dlyles
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I just came home from the camp a few months ago and got to use the phone the next day. I got visits the first weekend. By now you've already gotten your answer, but feel free to ask me any questions about the camp. I was there for 18 months.

CONCERNED MAMA
12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
how did this asst warden get so much power? Who is she????