View Full Version : Region II Car Pooling

mrsdragoness
01-21-2006, 04:33 AM
I am a work in progress ;) Please be patient!

Please post the following information.

Starting Point
Destination (prison/area)
Route
Pertinent information such as days you visit, how long, do you have a vehicle or are you looking for a ride with someone, etc.

EJSMI05
01-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Hi~

I don't have a vehicle and I've called various shuttle services and they've either been rude or haven't returned my calls, sooo...if anyone else is planning on going to Carson City CF sometime soon, I'd love to go with you if possible.

I'm in Ann Arbor (but might be able to get to a more central location if need be.)

I haven't been there yet, as he was just transferred from Egeler. He's a level IV, so Saturdays would work best for me since I'm a student. I'd like to visit as long as possible.

Thanks,
Erin

devonnikki5
01-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi

Starting Point= west of Kalamazoo (Gobles)
Destination (prison/area)= Ionia (Handlon, Bellemy Creek, Ionia max) I visit Handlon
Route= D ave to 131 I get off onto 173(I think) take it to m-43 to Hastings then on to m-66 into Ionia.

I don't have a normal day other than Thursday through Sunday. I drive and soon will be taking my daughter. I ussually leave my house between 2 and 3 pm, arive an hour and a half after I leave. I stay until visit is over, Thur-Fri 8:30 and Sat-Sun 8:00.

thugluvin
01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
My Starting Point Is Detroit
My Destination Is St. Louis
Any Day Is Good
Visiting Hours M-f 2pm-8pm
Sat.-sun. 10am-8pm
Looking For A Ride But Working On A Car.

lasiajay
01-27-2006, 09:21 AM
My starting point is Madison Heights, but can meet somewhere else if needed
My Destination is Boyer Road Correctional Facility
Saturday or Sunday would be great because the visit's are all day, but I will take any day I can get...
I'll pay for the gas, I don't mind. My head gaskets blew on my car right after he got transferred there from Jackson...I haven't hugged him in over 5 months...I miss him...

Lions Heart
02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Starting Point=Jackson
Destination=Ernest Brooks CF, Muskegon Area
Visiting Days=Tues & Thurs (2:30-9), Sat (8:30-9)
Route=varies from 127 north to 96 west to 31 but sometimes I leave from work in the Hillsdale area which takes me 69 north, 94 west, 131 north.

I stay for the whole visit.

Steph523
02-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I live in Grand Rapids
I am going to MID MICHIGAN
I do know there is a lot of PTO members that gose to Pine River
so if any one go down 131 to 46 I could really use a ride
would help pay for gas thanks every one for all your help on PTO Steph

missin'rich
02-11-2006, 06:51 PM
my starting point is pontiac, and i go north on I75 to east 69 to 96 to 66 to ionia max on sundays
or i go m59 to 96 through lansing, all the way to 66 to ionia max
am willing to help anyone out with a ride to ionia on sundays

MsSchema
02-12-2006, 01:56 AM
start Lowell (M 21) aka Fulton
destination MCF
Monday or Tuesday even, arrive before count starts leave by eight or so
Share a ride or give one that is fine with me, I have a mini van so the more the merrier........Wendy pm me if you need too.....don't be shy we all need to support one another!

chelles35
02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
i live in macomb twp near 94 and gratiot
i would like to go to coldwater
any day or time works for me i cant drive i would need to ride with someone i would be so grateful !! of course i would help with gas and whatever thanks!!!!

HisSpecialone
02-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Hello All I am planning to visit KB for the very first time one weekend next month. I will be travelling to MI by greyhound so the starting point isn't a big issue as long as greyhound runs there then I can get there. I would like to be able to visit both days since this is our first visit and I'm not sure when I will be able to go again. I am willing to help with gas and if it is a case where we can stay overnight then split the hotel room costs. If there is anyone out there that is going that way please let me know. Thanks so much in advance.

Mztia72
02-27-2006, 11:30 PM
starting Point- Taylor,mi
detination-muskegon Correctional Facility
route- 94 West To 75 North-to 96w To Us 31
i Usally Visit On Sundays/mondays
sunday Varies If I Wake Up Early I Try To Get There By 11am If Not By 2pm For Sure Visits On Sun Are From 10am To 8pm, If I Go Early I May Leave By 5 Or 6 Sometimes I STAY The Whole Time. Monday Visits Are From 230pm To 830pm and I STAY The Entire Visit.
i Have Reliable Transprotation And I Could Give A Ride Or Ride With Someone But I Would Rather Drive.

Bobbys'Angel
03-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Start>Cadillac
Destination>Coldwater, (Florence Crane)
Route>131 South, I-94 East, 69 South.
Try to get down there at least 2 times a month. In the winter I get a motel for a night or two on a weekend (so I can visit 2 days in a row). In the summer I camp about every other weekend at a place 5 miles from Crane (it's nice).
I have my own car. Most of the time my 10 yr. old daughter comes with me, and sometimes my 15 yr. old son.
I usually stay untill visit is over. 8:00p.m. w/e 8:30p.m. w/d
If I can be some help, feel free to ask(: Cathy

zhane
03-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Grand Rapids to Coldwater-Crane Correctional Facility

131 S to I 94 E to 69 S

soontobewife
04-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Starting point = Adrian, MI
Destination = Boyer Road
Route = 223 to 127 to M-57
Info. = I visit at least once/month (I fly in from Arizona) and stay for 3 days (usually Friday, Saturday & Sunday). I have a vehicle and would be willing to share the costs of the motel room.

DJB's Wife
04-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Starting point = Metro Detroit, MI
Destination = Camp Branch
Route = 94 W to 69 S
Info. = Visiting hours Sat, Sun & State Holidays 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. I visit every other weekend, flexible on the day. I plan to leave at 10:00 to arrive by 12:00 and like to stay as long as possible. I have a reliable vehicle and don't mind driving.

PM me if you are interested in carpooling.

Aztec
04-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Starting point- Bangor/ South Haven
Destination- Bellamy Creek Correctional
Route- I96 North through Grand Rapids cross over to 21 East towards Lowell
It takes about 1 hour 1/2
Info- I visit Saturday/Sunday from about as early as 9:30-10:00 to 8:30 at night when the visits are over. I usually leave about 7:30-8:00 just to give time for traffic and breakfast break. They don't have any real food there.

lasiajay
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm still in Madison Heights and I would love to go visit him again, but he's worried about me driving up there alone...I took my 26 year old neice up there with me last time and she drove me insane...lol but I'll go through just about anything for my baby :D ...if anyone lives near Madison Heights and needs a ride, I'm more then willing to drive...I'd be going to Boyer Road Correctional in Carson City and I usually stay overnight, last time I stayed two nights and that was great cuz I got to see him 2 days in a row...I like going up on the weekdays though because on the weekends it gets crowded and they tend to cut the visits short. Just let me know if anyone would like to go...believe me you'd be doing me a favor, cuz I don't like driving up there alone either :)...Have a great day...

MsSchema
05-31-2006, 10:58 PM
I go to Muskegon Correctional approximately once a week. And I go through Ada, Grand Rapids, Nunica and on up to MCF...I would enjoy a visitor. I usually visit for about two or two and a half hours and then head home...dinner is always an option too or coffee...PM me if you are interested...Wendy

Lesiashope
07-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Starting point= East of Ionia
Destination = MTF west shore line Muskegon
Route

Lesiashope
07-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Ionia to Muskegon
Mon-sun
will share cost of gas.... Lesia

tiffanycasscity
10-22-2006, 01:56 AM
im coming from thumb area going to muskegon cf have a car would love a ride share buddy share gas you drive or i drive i stay whole visit

Jimmie's Boo
10-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Start: Brooklyn which is near Jackson
Destination: Deerfield in Ionia
Route: 127 N to 94 West to 27 N to 96 West to exit 67 I think it is (M66), turn right to Tuttle Road, to Harwood turn right, facility is on right

I try to go every other weekend and stay the whole day if I can. Even if it means signing out and signing back in for a 2nd visit the same day.

devonnikki5
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Starting point- Near Kalamazoo
Destination is Carson City CF Level IV
Visiting is tues thurs and sat
I drive and have a young child but wouldn't mind the company or help with gas.
When I go depend on my work schedule but I can make plan up to 2 weeks early.

Lions Heart
11-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I guess I should repost now that he is no longer at Brooks!

Destination: Ionia Area (Bellamy Creek)
Days: Wednesday and sometimes on weekends (Sun) His days are currently Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sunday
Route: I leave from Jackson, take 127 North to I-96 West to 66 North

I stay the entire visit.

sugarhill
11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
starting point grandrapids (wyoming) to florance
i go on my day off which changes weekly need a ride there or to lakeland pm me

MZ.DRE
11-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Starting In Detroit
Destination Is St.louis ,mi
Route I-75
I WILL BE VISITING ON SUNDAYS,ONLY DAY I HAVE OFF.YES I DO HAVE A CAR.WAITING ON VISITING PAPERS

Sylvia123
11-26-2006, 08:11 AM
I live in Bay City (near the tri-cities). My fiance is located in Muskegon Correctional Facility. I need a ride. I have a car but don't trust that it will make it. I can go any day/weekend as long as I have a couple weeks notice to get the day off from work. I'd be willing to pay for all the gas. Anyone who can help please let me know!!! Thank You.:confused: :)

Tommygirlsangel
11-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I live in the Howell area and go to St. Louis on a regular basis if anyone is looking for a ride.

soontobewife
11-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Start = Adrian (after flying into Detroit from Arizona)
Destination = Deerfield in Ionia
Visiting schedule = 1X-2X/month, Sat., Sunday and Mondays
Length = Whole visit
Route = 127 North to I-96 West to 66 North

Would love to meet any PTO members who visit there for dinner, coffee, ride-sharing, etc. PM me if interested.

tiffanycasscity
11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
any one interested in ride share to muskegon ?:)

DJB's Wife
11-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Please post in the first thread for carpooling. Take a look at some of the other posts to see what info should be included.

Hope you find a carpooler.

foreverlee&I
11-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I visit at West Shoreline CF. I try to get to Muskegon as often as I can, where are you tiffanycasscity? I travel from Canada, so I cross the border in Sault Ste Marie.

Sylvia123
12-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Me Me Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to call you last nite, but I didn't get any answer. I'll try tonite after I get home from work about 10pm.

Nine
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Starting Point: Saint Johns ( Just north of Lansing)
Destination: Muskegon Correctional facility
I pretty much go at least once a month because of gas prices. With the weather getting bad I would not mind the company!

I typically go on the weekends, getting there at 10 am and stay until about 3 or 5. But over all the timing is pretty flexable. We are in the process of getting my kids approved and they may occassioanly go. They are in middle school and pretty mature for their age so they shouldn't annoy any passengers!

sugarhill
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
starting point grandrapids
to: florance crane
i go every week most of the time days vary

need a ride pm me id love to have the company

deb
12-10-2006, 05:12 PM
foreverlee&I--I travel to West Shoreline and leave from Soo, Michigan..

Deb

11/29/07
01-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I haven't gone yet because he just got transfered there. But I plan on going once a week. If not even twice a week. It will alter depending on what days I have off, but most likely it'll be during the week so I can get the most out of the visits. I'll be going to Florence Crane from Haslett, which is the Lansing area. I'll be taking 69 south to get there and I have my own ride. I plan on staying as long as I can when I visit also. If anyone needs a ride or something, just let me know.

loving you duke
02-12-2007, 10:22 AM
hi i am looking to carpool with someone. i'm in the benton harbor area going to ionia mi. The days i can visit don't matter.

loving you duke
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi, I don't have a car but, Im working on one. In the meantime : my starting point is in benton harbor MI,and I want to visit Ionia, MI correctional facility. I would rather go on a weekday and stay for the whole visit time.

Sylvia123
03-04-2007, 09:37 PM
i suppose i should repost as my fiance is not at MCF any longer.........he is now at Bellamy Creek Corr. Fac. Does anyone have any info on this place? I am still in Bay City interested in carpooling to there....:confused: i just hope he comes home soon.

sharonkaytu
03-18-2007, 11:22 AM
i'm new to this was wondering if anyone from jackson have love ones in ionia i would like to visit my son will share expenses with someone

LostInYourEyes
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
i start out in flint michigan headed to Carson City i can go by way of I-75 north to 57 west and across to Carson City, or I-69 west to 127 north.... for same destination... i will be going on every other saturday and like to try to stay as long as possible (6-8 hrs or longer if possible)... will drive or ride and split gas expence

ang3leyezz
06-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Starting Point: Grand Rapids...S.E. Side
Destination: Muskegon Correctional Facility

Info: I need a ride because I don't have a vehicle. I'm willing to help with gas. I'm open every week to different days. Let me know in advance if anyone can help me out.

Linny's Lady
06-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Region II - Car Pooling to Boyer Road Correctional Facility

Starting Point - Detroit Area/Oak Park/Southfield/Westland/Garden City

Destination - Boyer Rd / Carson City, MI.

Route - 96W/127N/M57

Visiting Days - Usually Tuesdays all day 3:30 - 9:30 pm

Please Note - I fly in from Las Vegas, NV. Tuesday morning rent a car at Budget Rental Car.
Looking for someone to share cost of gas and rental car. ($40-$70 Bucks). I am willing to pick you up and drop off at your choose destination.:D

michigangirl69
07-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Starting point:Charlotte/near Lansing
End Point: Deerfield -Ionia

I am without a vehicle at he moment since my tranny went out.I'm looking to share gas expenses with anyone going up through Lansing/Charlotte area to Ionia.I check mail on here a few times a week.If anyone is going that way and is willng to swing by and get me I will also give a few extra bucks for havng to drive over from Lansing the miles on 69...thanks

mizzpatrick
08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
I will pick you up. PM me!

meme11
08-12-2007, 12:49 PM
New Baltimore to Mid Michigan. I am able to drive if someone would like to ride with me I hate driving alone. Also I would love to ride with someone else and I would be more than happy to share the expenses! Just email me and let me know days and times.

sslipp6257
08-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I am looking for a ride to Cotton from Lansing.
My visit days are Thurs, Fri Sat. 2:30 to 9:00
I am willing to help with gas.
PM me if interested
Sue

grimsley0819
09-29-2007, 03:11 AM
i can help with expences but my car wont make it out there

vir9inia
10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Coming from: Harrison Township, Michigan
Going to: Deerfield in Ionia, Michigan
When: Approximately once a month on the weekend, possibly more.

I have a dependable vehicle and wouldn't mind having a travel partner.

futurewifey
01-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Flint to Florence Crane
Saturday or Sunday
1pm until 8:30pm
Willing to pick anyone up along the way would love to have the company just kick in on the gas. PM me if interested

annemariebatt
02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi:

I am interested to know if there is anyone who goes to St Louis CF??? I do not have a license, so I can never offer to switch driving but I am more than willing to pay for the gas, quick meal...

I can only go on Sat/Sun...I dont have the visiting hours with me...but whatever they are I am only able to go on the weekends as I work all week, unless there is someone who goes in the evenings(?)

I am in Farmington Hills, near 696 and Orchard Lake.

matts sister
02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
My brother just returned to ionia (handlon to be exact). I am willing to share a ride/gas with anyone going that way. I have a car so I can drive if someone needs a ride. I like to stay as long as possible. If you need a ride, please get back with me. Also any day is fine, as long as I couple days notice to arrange my work schedule.

Teri

Please God
03-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I go from Petoskey to Ionia via 31 through gaylord to 75 south to 27 to 21
I visit on Saturdays 11-3ish can stay longer if needed.
I can give rides to any of the prisons in the area.

mhuggards gal
03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
I go to West Shoreline and for now, and thanks to Maternity Leave I can go any day of the week. I do have a car, but for now I am not supposed to be driving...but nothing can keep me from my baby! Im willing to drive, or ride and pay for gas.
I am from Fenton (23 & 96 area) and take 96W to 31 N. I can also take 69W to 96W to 31N. I'd be willing to drive and switch off cars along the way if you are along my route.
I can go any day of the week now, but in 8 weeks I can only go on the weekends.
I want to be there for the entire visit, and will also be intersted in getting a motel room to stay the night and visit 2 days in a row.
Please PM me if you are interested.

Please God
03-22-2008, 03:54 PM
My brother was moved so please ignore the previous post.

I now go to Muskegon from Petoskey via 31. I can drive and share expenses. Visiting is T/Th and Sat. Overnights a possibility.

MRP Mom
04-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Destination: MCF
Starting Point: Plainwell
Usually visit two weekends each month and one or two weekdays, if I can get the time off work.

Rons Wifey
05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi I don't have transportation right now and i'm looking to carpool to Bellamy Creek Dormitory in Ionia. I live in Detroit on 7mile and Greenfield area I can be contacted (edited phone number). I like to visit on Sunday and Mondays due to my job schedule.

JaysWifeWaiting
05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I live in New Haven MI close to chesterfield and port Huron, I drive to Mid Mich (st louis) 8 times a month and I am lookin for someone to car pool with me ore we can switch off! I am more than willing to split gas!! COme on ladies...GAS IS ridiculous!!!:blah: So lets do it smart!! ;)

PM me on here if intersted!

ababyvoice
06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Starting point: Sterling Heights
Destination: Deerfield CF, Ionia
I am would like to visit my husband on Saturday or Sunday...but really any day will work. Please let me know if you are willing to drive and I will help with gas!

vanillia cookie
06-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Looking for a ride to Brooks CF Muskegon, MI willing to share expense and help drive in the day time only can't drive at night.
Visiting a level 2 su m w f only. live in Detroit PM if you can help thank you

vanillia cookie
07-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Hi I don't have transportation right now and i'm looking to carpool to Bellamy Creek Dormitory in Ionia. I live in Detroit on 7mile and Greenfield area I can be contacted (edited phone number). I like to visit on Sunday and Mondays due to my job schedule.
Hi try calling 1-800-miss-van and see if they go where you want to go the ride is ok and the prices are good.

QUDEEPA
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Destination:Coldwater, (Florence Crane)

Route>131 South, I-94 East, 69 South.

LEAVING :DETROIT MI
I TRY TO GO ON WEDNESDAYS BUT RIGHT I HAVE NO ONE TO TRAVEL WITH AND I HAVE TO LEAVE B4 IT GETS TOO DARK BECAUSE ITS SUCH A LONG RIDE CAN I RIDE WITH ANY ONE GOING TO THE SAME FACILITY?

Mrs.Cuellar
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
I go to Pine River from Bay City every weekend so if any one is looking to get a ride let me know.

nicegirlloving
08-28-2008, 06:32 AM
well im in wv and i have no car so i dont get to go up there hes in carson city come april i will get to see him and i cant wait

jennilynn49442
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Starting Point: Muskegon (I can get to 131 to meet up with someone though)

Destination: Florence Crane CF

I don't have a vehicle, if anyone is traveling out of Muskegon area or passes the Muskegon exit on 131 so I could meet up with them. I can help with gas, just have to know ahead of time so I can set money aside. I can go most anytime and anyday, weekends are best, but I can make provisions for other days.

1dayclosertohim
09-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Hello all,

I live in Jackson, MI (off I-94). Anyone going to coldwater that passes by Jackson to I-69? I would *always* help w/ gas. I usually only get one day off a week. But if you know ahead of time what day you'll be going I can try to trade shifts w/ someone. Please email me if you arre interested in carpooling. Thank you in advance.

Soņando de Mi Amor
~ Cynthia aka Dedicada

Sunny_n_G
09-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi!! So, I live in Warren (Metro-Detroit) and I was wondering if anyone was heading to Bellamy Creek in Ionia anytime soon? I would of course give gas money, but I just haven't been up there in a long time and I miss my baby! If anyone is interested, please PM me. Thank you so much!

Sunny

Chelsx3Anthony
09-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone. My boyfriend Is In Carson City Correctional Facility ... and I live In Bay City.. I was wondering If there was anyone In this area going to visit anyone at the Prison anytime soon. He Is In a level 4.. =] Please get back and let me know. I haven't seen him In awhile.

Kyle's Gurl
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm planning on going to Florence Crane 2 weekends a month... with exception of Dec 16, I'll be going that day.

I'm coming from the Port Huron area and will be taking 69 all the way down.

On the weekends, I will be staying overnight down there.

If anyone is up for the drive together and wants to split gas and hotel expense... let me know!

The next dates I want to go is:

October 11 and 12
October 25 and 26

The first one is based on whether I get my approval back in time.

Let me know on here, or through private message.

vir9inia
09-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I am looking for someone to replace my dear carpooling friends Amber and Valerie. Both of their loves have been released and my brother is still incarcerated (ERD 4-1-10). I usually go out every 3-4 weeks and spend the entire day.

My brother is in Deerfield Correctional Facility, Ionia, MI. I wouldn't mind dropping off and picking up someone at one of the other prisons in the area (within 10 miles).

I have a dependable vehicle and ask you just to pay for 1/2 of the gas. The more ladies we get together the cheaper it is for everyone.

Feel free to look me up on myspace (my id is vir9inia) and or message me back here to get together.

I look forward to hearing from you.

imhisqueen4eva
09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
:confused:From: Downriver Melvindale
Destination: Muskegon Correctional Fac

Looking for a ride up to MCF. I am more then willing to pay half gas and snacks. Have a car just not reliable to make a 3 1/2 hour trip. Plus it gets lonely. If anyone is going up there please send me a message or email me at (email address removed per PTO policy).

samanthaessmyer
10-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry messed up lol

samanthaessmyer
10-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Starting point- Muskegon Mi
Destination- St. Louis (Pine River)
Info- I don't have a car and willing to help pay for some gas I go about once a month and any days work for me. I try to stay the whole time but its not something that I have to do.

sssimlay
10-24-2008, 07:39 PM
i go to pine river in st louis pretty much every weekend. it varies on whether i go sat or sun depending on my schedule. i would be willing to pick someone up on the way if they would be willing to split gas.

i leave imlay city (it's between port huron and flint) about 11 am and arrive around 1ish. i take i-69 w to 475 n to 75 n to m-46 w. i stay until visiting is over. i am considering going earlier in the winters--like leaving here at 8 getting there at 10 and then leaving by 4 so i can have daylight driving time. also, if the roads are ever bad in the winter i'm not going to chance it.

MRP Mom
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I still make the trip to Muskegon from Plainwell about three times a month. I willing to help anyone who needs a ride.

jamilahjones
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I start in Lansing
I go to St. Louis
I can go on Saturday or Sunday; Saturday I go around 12:30 and Sunday after church around 2pm and I stay until 8pm
Anyone interested?

Sunny_n_G
12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
If anyone is going to Ionia in the next week, please let me know. I am MORE than willing to pay half the gas, snacks, whatever. Please, pm me. Thank you!

doreen75
12-11-2008, 01:03 AM
<b><font color="Purple">I start out in Sandusky (M-46),<br>going to Mid-Michigan,<br>I usually go on Saturdays and I only stay for 2 hours.<br></font></b>

futurewifey
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I live in Flint and go the St. Louis Pine River. If you would like to ride and chip in on gas please contact me.

ChrisAngel
01-31-2009, 11:38 PM
I live in Ann Arbor and go to West Shore lines at least once a month ...next trip is Feb 15 wedding anvieristy if any one eles wonts to join me....PM me
Email address removed per PTO policy

(svcobb215@yahoo.com)

missingsteven
02-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I live 20 minutes south of Jackson and my son is in Ionia prison the Michigan Reformatory Level 4. He just got there this week so I dont think that I can go until I do an application or something. This is all new to me but I thought that I would at least get to know someone who goes there so that when I do get to go visit I would have this part all set up.
I would be more than happy to help with gas but I can not drive due to having a brain tumor which causes me to have seizures sometimes.
Please let me know if anyone is near the Jackson area and goes to this prison for visits and could help me get there to visit Steven.
Thank you,
~Terri~

carmel
02-20-2009, 10:02 PM
I live in Flint and my husband is in Mid-Michigan Correctional Facility.
I would love to go and see him. I have no form of transportation at the moment, but I am more than willing to help pay for gas, and so forth.
I have no preference on when to go and see him. I just really would like to see him. I haven't seen him in almost a year.

If there is anyone going that way, or to that prison, please PM me and let me know.

Thank you.

dad2008
03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
We travel to St Louis weekly. 2 Fridays and 2 Sundays. Fridays we arrive at or around 3:30 (leave the house at 1:30PM) and leave St. Louis around 7:30 - 8:00PM and Sundays we arrive at around 10:30AM (leave the house at 8:30AM) and leave St. Louis around 3:30PM.
We are in the Auburn Hills area (by the Palace).

heartbrokenwife
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I am in Benton Harbor and am looking for transportation to Ionia. I do not have a car but I am willing to pay the travel expenses. If anyone is visiting in Ionia and able to give me a ride, please send me a message. Any day or time is fine.

vir9inia
03-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I have a dependable vehicle and am looking to carpool (my car or yours).

Am I going your way??

I plan to take either route:

From Harrison Township through Frankenmouth/Saginaw to St. Louis
1-94 to M-59 to I-75 to M-46

OR

From Harrison Township through Lansing to St. Louis
I-94 to 696 to I-96 to US-127N

My next trip out to see my brother is on March 13, 2009 and questions PM me or contact me at myspace (vir9inia) or facebook (vir9inia).

hisbabygirl4evr
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
i live in grand rapids and need to go to ionia, i have no car but a licence and am able to share expense....

jennilynn49442
04-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Is there anyone that goes to Florence Crane from around the Muskegon/Grand Rapids area. I have not seen my husband since the day we were married in January and want to visit with him so terribly. If there is anyone I can help with the traveling expenses.

Thank you
Jenn

vir9inia
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
As of April 9th my brother was moved again (he's at Cooper Street in Jackson now). So please disregard this post. Best of luck to all of you!

I have a dependable vehicle and am looking to carpool (my car or yours).

Am I going your way??

I plan to take either route:

From Harrison Township through Frankenmouth/Saginaw to St. Louis
1-94 to M-59 to I-75 to M-46

OR

From Harrison Township through Lansing to St. Louis
I-94 to 696 to I-96 to US-127N

My next trip out to see my brother is on March 13, 2009 and questions PM me or contact me at myspace (vir9inia) or facebook (vir9inia).

Nine
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I live in St. Johns, just north of lansing and go to Muskegon. It would be nice to share expenses and the two hour drive!

detroithonie
05-14-2009, 06:38 AM
I live Downtown Detroit and I will be going to Mid Michigan May 18th or 19th. I have an older car but very reliable if someone would like to share the ride PM me. I am taking my 8yr. old with me as well.

tknudson
10-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Im traveling from southern Ohio and spending the night in Hudson to travel to Michigan Reformatory in Ionia every other wknd. He is a level 4 so I would be staying all 12 hrs on Sundays. First visit will be Oct.4. Need a ride PM me and Ill get back with you.

Bobbyswife48838
10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I live in Greenville and my husband is at West Shoreline in Muskegon.

Missingmyman1
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I live in Alpena and drive to Florence Crane in Coldwater. (5 hour drive). Anyone from this area?

troys wifey
11-20-2009, 12:51 AM

Starting Point
Route
Pertinent information such as days you visit, how long, do you have a vehicle or are you looking for a ride with someone, etc.

i go to Muskegon correctional facility from grand rapids, i visit whenever i can get a ride! please help me find someone to go see my husband he really needs to see me soon

troys wifey
11-20-2009, 12:56 AM
im coming from thumb area going to muskegon cf have a car would love a ride share buddy share gas you drive or i drive i stay whole visit

do u come by grand rapids? rpetznik@hotmail.com

troys wifey
11-20-2009, 12:56 AM
i would love to! rpetznik@hotmail.com

tknudson
11-28-2009, 08:21 PM
I drive from Lake Somerset to Ionia level 4 days if you need a ride pm me I go 3 times a monthI live 20 minutes south of Jackson and my son is in Ionia prison the Michigan Reformatory Level 4. He just got there this week so I dont think that I can go until I do an application or something. This is all new to me but I thought that I would at least get to know someone who goes there so that when I do get to go visit I would have this part all set up.
I would be more than happy to help with gas but I can not drive due to having a brain tumor which causes me to have seizures sometimes.
Please let me know if anyone is near the Jackson area and goes to this prison for visits and could help me get there to visit Steven.
Thank you,
~Terri~

natural3d
12-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I drive from Lake Somerset to Ionia level 4 days if you need a ride pm me I go 3 times a month

Hi my hubby is at Ionia and he's a level 4 if you dont mind maybe we can ride together switch off driving

*First Lady*
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm going on March 6th to see my husband if any one wants to split the gas and go let me know

kariray
04-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I live in the flint area...my bf is at west shoreline in muskegon hts.
(69 w to 96 w to 131 n)

i have a car, and am available to go just about any saturday..some fridays, too. They have even odd visiting on wkends..i go on even saturdays. So i guess anyone interested would have to have a loved one whos number ends in an even number for this to work. Unless someone wanted to go on a friday...
When i go i usually stay the whole visit, too.

Like i said, i have a car just looking for help to defray the cost of gas, and the company on the ride :)

michangel
04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I live in the flint area...my bf is at west shoreline in muskegon hts.
(69 w to 96 w to 131 n)

i have a car, and am available to go just about any saturday..some fridays, too. They have even odd visiting on wkends..i go on even saturdays. So i guess anyone interested would have to have a loved one whos number ends in an even number for this to work. Unless someone wanted to go on a friday...
When i go i usually stay the whole visit, too.

Like i said, i have a car just looking for help to defray the cost of gas, and the company on the ride :)

My man just went to Brooks in Muskegon heights(which is next doors i heard) and i live in the flint area too! I am waiting to be approved hoping next week! I dont know what his visiting days are but if it works out, would like to share the cost with you!

kariray
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
My man just went to Brooks in Muskegon heights(which is next doors i heard) and i live in the flint area too! I am waiting to be approved hoping next week! I dont know what his visiting days are but if it works out, would like to share the cost with you!

Yay! Yeah brooks is next door, never been there so i dont know if their visiting hrs are the same (i think they are..) or if they have odd even wkends like west shoreline..but that sounds great, im sure that one way or another we could make it work.
Feel free to pm me if youd like :)

natural3d
05-29-2010, 06:41 PM
any body going to MRI in Ionia my hubby is level 2

Proudmommyof5
06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I need a ride I am near Standish and need a ride to West Shoreline.

kariray
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Is anyone planning on visiting West Shoreline for fathers day (june 20th)?

I live in flint and have a car. Just kinda need help to defray the cost...so i figured id give this a shot.

I have a van so theres room for kids. Ill be bringing my 2 yr old daughter. I was planning on leaving around 7 or 8 am...and being back in flint no later than 7 pm. Pm me if anyones interested.

godislove52
06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
now i got to try like hell to get to florence crane since that is where my husband has been moved to. i need to know of any one in the flint area that is going that way. pm me and let me know or (email removed per policy. PM member)

godislove52
06-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Is anyone planning on visiting West Shoreline for fathers day (june 20th)?

I live in flint and have a car. Just kinda need help to defray the cost...so i figured id give this a shot.

I have a van so theres room for kids. Ill be bringing my 2 yr old daughter. I was planning on leaving around 7 or 8 am...and being back in flint no later than 7 pm. Pm me if anyones interested.
is that anywher around crane facility and do you carpool. i live in flint also pm me or (email removed per policy. PM member)

JohnNlindaMaria
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
I haven't seen my husband in almost two years and the ride I was supposed to have to visit him fell through:( I am willing to pay gas money and buy dinner.

godislove52
07-08-2010, 07:05 AM
still trying to get in a carpool to crane facility in coldwater. a**holes moved him from jackson. i know it was b cause of the officer that was harassing him............anyone going i will help. pm me

JohnNlindaMaria
07-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Starting point = Tawas City, MI
Destination = Muskegon
Route =
Info. = Have gas money just need a lift to see my husband haven't seen in 2 years

JohnNlindaMaria
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello. Are you going to visit your husband? I have gas money just need a lift to see my husband. It can be any day during the week or even day on the weekend.

godislove52
07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
i live in flint michigan
i am trying to go to florence crane facility in coldwater
i am looking for a carpool
visits are 230-9 mon thru fri
visits are 10-9 sat ?????????????about sundays

bluberry1020
07-17-2010, 08:14 AM
The visiting room is very small at Crane so you want to try and go during the week. If they get over crowded then they will terminate and people will have to leave.

MushyMoo
07-24-2010, 10:47 PM
hey is anyone's loved one still in muskegon corr facility?

Teflon_17
07-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Anyone in the Detroit Metro area going to Ionia? I know there are a few prisons there.. Michigan Reformatory is the one I am trying to get to. I am more than willing to help with gas... just need a ride. I have a vehicle that is not allowed on the prison grounds due to my doors not locking. I am thinking about renting a car to go but I really dont have that much money. If someone is willing to help with that cost I'd be happy to rent in my name and drive.... just let me know! I jsut REALLY want to go see my man!!

staci0417
08-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I dont hav a car and my loved one is in Carson City. Im from tha jackson area. If anyone is going any time soon i would love to go wit u. I will go half on gas!

limit2love
02-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Starting point = Muskegon, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo (can be at any of those places)
Destination = Coldwater, MI (Florence Crane)

I live out of state, but can fly into/greyhound to any of those places in order to be able to carpool! Contact me! :) It would be so much help. It's hard knowing I have a loved one that it won't be easy to get to because of transportation. This would help so much.

:heart:

LeaAnn
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm in Westland and needing to visit Carson City level 4

niccihill
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
hello, is your husband still at west shoreline? i live in ossineke and would like to share expenses with someone. i dont have a vechicle but im willing to share the cost. please let me know.

niccihill
07-06-2011, 07:51 AM
is there anyone on here in 2011 to share rides with? i live by alpena, mi. my husbands in muskegon .i do not have a vechicle but im willing to share the cost with someone. Id like to visit for a couple of days at a time. get a room to share. any one interested please let me know. im desperate.

mthurston
11-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi my son is in Earnest c Brooks my car broke down a few months ago and i havent been able to visit him I am looking for anyone that would be willing to share a ride with me I stay in Port Huron but i can take a train to flint. I can also get to Detroit, I am willing to help with gas I really miss my son and we do need a visit and as many of you know this is a hard emotional time of the year with the hoildays near. He is level 4 and his visits are thursday 2-9pm and Saturdays 9am-9pm. Pls messege me for contact details.

mthurston
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi tiffany I am located in Port Huron is that near you?

Juliet1084
02-04-2015, 07:00 PM

Starting Point
Route

I'm located just north of Detroit and I'm looking for someone who goes up to Muskegon Correctional. I'm open to going any days and can pay for 1/2 the room, and gas

Juliet1084
02-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Starting Point: South Oakland County
Destination (prison/area) Muskegon Correctional
Route Any as currently don't have a vehicle

I'm looking to ride with someone and willing to pay for gas as well as share a room possibly with someone

darkangel8968
08-17-2015, 10:41 PM
My Starting Point Is Roscommon.mi
My Destination Is Handlon corr fac Ionia
Visiting Hours everyday but Tues and Wens 2:30pm-8pm
Looking For A Ride But Working On A Car.