View Full Version : Ohio Reformatory for Woman in Marysville..womens prison

lookinattyme
01-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I have so many questions...Dunno where to start.. visitations..and care packages first and foremost.. Shes lookin at time in Marysville womens prison in Ohio.. Can anyone help me??
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

mrsdragoness
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Start by checking our our Ohio Forum and reading the information there..you'll find lots! You also find lots of support and understanding here on PTO ;)

WELCOME!

lost_princess
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
welcome to pto. you may want to post in the ohio fourm to get better answers.

lookinattyme
01-17-2006, 01:37 PM
My sister is about to start doin time there and Im really confused..Im reading a bunch on other prisons..but each one is different,..I need to know about Marysville.. My email and yahoo profile is **Please PM for personal info*** please if some one can help me.. notify me..Im desperate here..My sister is goin away, thats taking my heart too.. but now I feel helpless if I cant send stuff to her..like paper and stuff..Someone please help me
Jade

DLM
01-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the PTO Siblings Forum lookinattyme! I am sorry to hear about your sister but I am glad you found this place. I am moving your post to the Ohio Forum as members there will be able to help you with the information you need.

MsChiku
01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi :wave: Welcome to PTO (((lookinattyme))) and the Ohio Forum...I've merged both of your threads...you can type in the word Marysville in the search box and it will bring up previous questions and answers about Marysville...Best Wishes. Sabrena :)

warm_fuzzies
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your sister but I must say that you came to the right place best wishes to you and remember that we are all here for you!!

lookinattyme
01-17-2006, 05:12 PM
I dont know how to really work this site.. can someone help me? I feel so helpless..Shes my twin sister, and weve never been apart..now we're gonna be for who knows how long..I feel like Im losing my mind.. I dont know what to do

DLM
01-17-2006, 05:31 PM
lookinattyme-if you look at the top of the page you will see "Search":type in Marysville and you will see different posts about the place- just click on them. If they don't answer your questions you can start a new thread.
(You can post an intro in the Siblings Forum too-great place to go to for support as lots of us know how you are feeling right now:( :grouphug: .)Just ask if you need more help finding your way around.

lookinattyme
01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Shes going for a white collar crime, so will she go to Marysville? and where exactly is trumbell..Ive been reading other threads and been wondering if she goes to that one since it sounds more minimum security than Marysville.. I cant stand to be away from her, but Marysville is like only an hour away from me.. I could visit her as much as they would allow..how are visitation schedules anyway? I thank you all for your help and support..I feel like Im losing my heart here..we're twins.....when she hurts...I hurt.. and god it feels like Im dying here..
I have yahoo messenger if someone will please talk to me there.. **Please PM for personal info***is my user name..Im logged in now..just invisible..
Becky/Jade:(

lookinattyme
01-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Im actually using my sisters user name here.. because I registered, but got no email as to how to activate my registration.. any help or should I just stay usin this

DLM
01-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Im actually using my sisters user name here.. because I registered, but got no email as to how to activate my registration.. any help or should I just stay usin this
Did you check your Junk Mail as sometimes the activation email ends up there.

lookinattyme
01-18-2006, 08:41 AM
yes.. and Ive even tried using a different email address..and nothing..
Becky

lost_boys
01-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Just some info and a question... The Post Office currntly does not have embossed envelopes with the NEW postage. You need to call or pre-order online and WAIT till they process it. So plan ahead - going in person to the Post Office may leave you empty handed.

I found the visitation info for Marysville very helpful - thanks. Now does anyone know if such items like a radio? a cd player? or an IPOD are allowed in there? What about a small TV set? or even maybe a lap top or gameboy? Ok Im reaching a bit here. Any idea on the allowance of these items would be awesome! thanks

lost_boys
01-24-2006, 10:53 AM
proper ackowledgment to MsChiku. I hope you dont mind... I borrowed the quote "this too shall pass" from your post. I found that a very profound meaning in just 4 words! (I, on the other hand use way too many words) But if that was not ok to do, I apologize and I will promptly remove it. Thanks again

lost_boys
01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
And last but certainly NOT least... I dedicate these posts and myself to my friend. I will continue the vigil and stand by you in any way that I can. Yes I know... "words are just words". But I believe anything worth doing... is worth OVERdoing!. And you are NOT gonna go thru this alone. This I Promise you.

So Girlfriend... get used to me cause I aint going anywhere anytime soon!

MsChiku
01-24-2006, 05:59 PM
proper ackowledgment to MsChiku. I hope you dont mind... I borrowed the quote "this too shall pass" from your post. I found that a very profound meaning in just 4 words! (I, on the other hand use way too many words) But if that was not ok to do, I apologize and I will promptly remove it. Thanks again

No problem at all (you brought a smile to my face :) )...honestly, that's quoted from somewhere in the Bible...So it caught my attention the same way as you :yes: ...And the little words mean the world to me too...It inspires my dedication to the struggle :grouphug: Sabrena

lost_boys
01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Well I feel really dumb with my previous post on what my friend will be allowed to bring in. I read in the other thread that they dont even allow her to bring books in! sheeesh. The reality of this finally kind of hit me today. I thought it would have depended on the type of criminal punishment (this was a white collar non-violent offense) but Im guessing the rules in the place make no difference? Did Martha Stewart have so strict a requirement? or did they make "exceptions". It probably doesnt matter - for it is what it is. I just want to apologize for sounding so naieve.

lost_boys
01-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Just been reading more and more here - and its amazing how much I never knew about. I dont want to copy too much from the other threads but I dont know what the proper way to make sure the issues are being read here? Hope that makes sense. This is what I wanted to show here about costs and sending money and how we will need to budget accordingly so that you have enough blankets and chlothing and food etc. (please forgive any misuse of this thread I will get better organized):

Koko45449

Yes they are incarerated but cost us so much money, it cost us to feed them and cloth them and pay for there outragous phone calls, envelopes and everything else and they still get charged 60.00 a day average for being in there. YOu can send them boxes twice a year, 2 food boxes and 2 clothing boxes, that helps in saving money. You can actually cram alot of stuff in there weight limit, you might want to have yours check on getting the papers to send to you so you can send him some. I know I sent mine sweats, shorts, watch, socks, underclothing, blankets, hats, gloves, theres alot they can have, but has to be according to the institution there in. The only thing you can't send is tolietries, they have to get them thru commisary. The food boxes they really can have alot, just have to see what his institution will let him have. Money is something they always can use, mine only gets 18 a month so it dont' go far, and I feel bad as I have no extra to send as I was left athome with 6 kids and all of the bills, and we ran our own business so I took a HUGE finacial loss, and well his bill just for county jail was over 8000.00!!! I figure by the time his time is up they will be handing us a 250,000.00 bill for him being in there, real fair huh! dswife