View Full Version : New Rumor Good time or Parole Board

devonnikki5
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I just got off the phone with Devon and his roommates laywer told his roommate that if they don't bring back good time that they are going to do away with the parole board- all together, I was wondering if anyone could help me research this. It sounds crazy and untrue to me but how could his laywer give him false information!?!?!?!??? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!!!

mrsdragoness
01-16-2006, 04:46 PM
There has been nothing introduced or released about this at all.. this is something that has been discussed in the legal community however the parole board is appointed by the governor. If they get rid of the parole board they will have to get rid of parole.

devonnikki5
01-16-2006, 04:56 PM
What does it mean exactly if they get rid of parole, everyone has to max out????

mrsdragoness
01-16-2006, 04:58 PM
That won't happen.. in order to get rid of the parole process they have to change the laws.

Lions Heart
01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
wouldn't it be great if everyone got out on the ERD! That would be a good result of getting rid of the parole board. I am not going to hold my breath on that one, especially knowing how difficult it is to change laws here in Michigan and everywhere else I'm sure.