View Full Version : People getting denied! What's the craziest reason you've been denied visits??

KevinsWifey2006
01-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Yesterday i went to visit my fiance at the mid michigan correctional facility and people were being denied left and right for the craziest reasons possible! One lady because her sweater was zip up, one because of cleavage(and she barely had any!) and another lady i felt so bad for she came all the way from virginia too see her son and she couldent get in because she had no bra on!! Could you imagine? I felt soooo bad for her. Whats the craziest reason you've ever gotten denied to visit?

KMJoyner
01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
first shift guards at Mid-Michigan are WAY rougher than those on second shift. I usually don't go until after two for this reason. My husband likes the second shift guards a whole lot better too.

KevinsWifey2006
01-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Kevin Likes the second shift guards better too!

dmpdbd
01-16-2006, 06:44 AM
We must all remember to know what the dress code rules are. Zippers and no bras are definitely mentioned...at least in every correctional dress code I have read. Some CO's are a little more lenient. An extra set of clothes in the car or a quick trip to a local store to redress yourself could always be a possibility so you can visit.

MrsBenji
01-16-2006, 11:55 AM
A very true, but unspoked rule at Mid-Michigan is also white shirts. In general, any white shirt you have on, odds are something will be found wrong with it.

I had a visit termed because they decided 4 hours later that the slit that was to my knees standing (longer skirt) and 3 inches (I measured before going and after) above my knee sitting was "whore-ishly short." :D

I was also denied a visit because they could see the outline of my bra strap because the bra I had on was a bit snug and it was tight on my shoulders. (I was up visiting and had to buy an extra bra and had to take what I could get.) So I had to go put a sweater on OVER it since they could see the straps were digging into my shoulders.

There is one specific CO that I know most every single women I've spoken to at Mid-Michigan has had problems with about some tiny or petty dress code issue. Even things that are NOT mentioned in dress code.

And unfortunately, the last I heard, they weren't allowing folks to go change and try again in the same day at Mid-Michigan either. So if there's a question about something you're wearing, even a TINY one, change clothes before you get there!!!

Jenn

KevinsWifey2006
01-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Mrs.Benji...your right! They did that a lot on saturday too. Once you try....no more retrying! Thats really crazy, especially if you came from far away! They should at least give you 1 more chance!

mrsdragoness
01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
This is why we stress to our Michigan members that you read and follow the rules when you visit - it saves a lot of grief!!

snowdancer
01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I've never been denied a visit. Dress wisely, read the rules...... Good luck...

Moeshaforever99
01-17-2006, 03:33 PM
The stupid ION Drug Machine testing me positive for Cocaine and Opium ..which of course was BULLSH@T...

MrsBenji
01-17-2006, 03:33 PM
The stupid ION Drug Machine testing me positive for Cocaine and Opium ..which of course was BULLSH@T...

Fortunately, we don't have to deal with those in Michigan, but UGH....

Hang in there!!!

Jenn

doreen75
04-06-2009, 01:36 AM
A very true, but unspoked rule at Mid-Michigan is also white shirts. In general, any white shirt you have on, odds are something will be found wrong with it.

I had a visit termed because they decided 4 hours later that the slit that was to my knees standing (longer skirt) and 3 inches (I measured before going and after) above my knee sitting was "whore-ishly short." :D

I was also denied a visit because they could see the outline of my bra strap because the bra I had on was a bit snug and it was tight on my shoulders. (I was up visiting and had to buy an extra bra and had to take what I could get.) So I had to go put a sweater on OVER it since they could see the straps were digging into my shoulders.

There is one specific CO that I know most every single women I've spoken to at Mid-Michigan has had problems with about some tiny or petty dress code issue. Even things that are NOT mentioned in dress code.

And unfortunately, the last I heard, they weren't allowing folks to go change and try again in the same day at Mid-Michigan either. So if there's a question about something you're wearing, even a TINY one, change clothes before you get there!!!

Jenn

That's true!
If they deny your visit due to the dress code you cannot go change and come back the same day because they already considered that a visit..how stupid!

ExtremeCaution
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
At Harrison, they will not let you go change without losing a visit.

My daughter wore a top one time that had some little metallic decorations on it. They gave her three chances to go thru the metal detector without setting it off, or we would have had to have a non-contact visit. Fortunately, she got thru on the 3rd try.

We always bring extra clothes and try to follow the rules very carefully, but you just never know.

Kyle's Gurl
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
well i'm notorious for not wearing panties... never had problems... until I had a co that liked to really feel for things... and she caught the fact I wasn't wearing any... and I got turned away.

They would not let me go buy any and return... and if I left I could not come back the same day for a visit.

Rules are rules, so I can't be upset that much about it. And now it's a joke when I go.. especially when I run into someone I know or the CO that was in the visiting room reading the "improper dress" list to my man trying to figure out what I didn't do right.

The last visit, a fellow PTO'r said "you come dressed right?" or soemthing like that, I'm like "yep, they are silky and pink with purple soft lace boyshorts" the CO (which is a really cool guy actually) shook his head and laughed.

I make sure to double check now.

MrsVC
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Kyles girl....LMAO!!!!

ilovecharles
04-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I havent been turned away but one time at Macomb, another visitor was in trouble because her shirt was shimmer shear...i always have an extra shirt and just tossed it to her real quick. The CO at the desk was really nice to me all the time and said "Ill pretend i didnt see that"

She put it on..unfortunately she ended her visit first and she asked the CO my name...i left the visit and it was raining out...

i wasnt worried about the shirt but to my surprise it was in my wheel well on my car! EEK so it was muddy and gross...i tossed it but it was nice for her to return it. it had a note in the pocket with her name and number if i ever needed a place to stay (she lived a short distance from the prison and i live 3 hours) we still talk to this day:rolleyes:

mrssunnyb
04-09-2009, 11:54 PM
ILC - how cool of you to do!! props to you.

I have never been turned away - but have seen people get turned away. With the policy they decided to start following (lol) - they dont let people go change and come back.

Lions Heart
04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
At Harrison, they will not let you go change without losing a visit.

My daughter wore a top one time that had some little metallic decorations on it. They gave her three chances to go thru the metal detector without setting it off, or we would have had to have a non-contact visit. Fortunately, she got thru on the 3rd try.

We always bring extra clothes and try to follow the rules very carefully, but you just never know.

They have a hand detector that they should have used. There would be no reason that she shouldn't have been able to visit. My step daughter always sets the machine off with what she wears and it has never been a problem.

melypop
05-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I walked right through that metal detector with my bag of change in my pocket and it didn't even go off...by the end of my 8 visits the co wasn't even making me take it out of my pocket or doing much of a pat down...I could have had anything in my pocket...

missing_him79
05-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Are capri's okay? and how about flip flops and tight fitting shirts, tank tops?

Lavender
05-06-2009, 08:42 PM
capris are okay, flip flops are okay, tight fitting shirts I think are a no and tank tops I dont know about...but I am sure someone will know the answer.

sssimlay
05-06-2009, 09:12 PM
capris are okay, flip flops are okay, tight fitting shirts I think are a no and tank tops I dont know about...but I am sure someone will know the answer.

capris are ok.

flip flops depend on the facility. i have seen it posted on here some require tennis shoes.

tight fitting shirts--not obscenely tight or low cut and not see through. be careful wearing white--some places don't like if they can see your bra through the shirt. i would guess a close fitting shirt would be ok.

tank tops are only if you can't see ANYTHING. no hint of a bra strap in the arms, shoulders or chest area. also in my experience the vr tend to be cold so tanks only if you get hot easily.

but remember your man isn't the only one who is going to see you. best bet dress conservatively. you can still be classy sexy.

sssimlay
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I walked right through that metal detector with my bag of change in my pocket and it didn't even go off...by the end of my 8 visits the co wasn't even making me take it out of my pocket or doing much of a pat down...I could have had anything in my pocket...

depends on the facility. no way would this slide at the facility i visit. i wouldn't get into a habit of putting your change in your pocket. its fine now but who know if one day someone has a problem with it and you could get in trouble for looking like your trying to smuggle something in.

Lavender
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
but remember your man isn't the only one who is going to see you. best bet dress conservatively. you can still be classy sexy.

That is wonderful advice - I never thought about that until a guard in Chippewa told me about a guy who attacked another guy for talking about the outfit his sister wore on a visit. She told me things like that happen a lot because the inmates tend to talk about females they see in the VR and it tend to rub guys the wrong way if it is their loved one being talked about.

Since then I make it a habit to stop and look in a mirror more than twice before a visit. Once to make sure I look good and once to make sure its not "too good"

tballa
05-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I know I posted this a long time ago but it's worth mentioning again. I bought two sided tape called "hollywood tape" off of QVC and it helps if you are worried about low cut shirts or bra straps showing. I have put it on my bra straps and then stuck my shirt to it so I don't have to worry about the straps showing or it falling too low for their standards. It works wonderfully!! I even use it at work.

Lavender
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
That is an awesome idea... I need some of that stuff.

missing_him79
05-07-2009, 10:38 PM
That is wonderful advice - I never thought about that until a guard in Chippewa told me about a guy who attacked another guy for talking about the outfit his sister wore on a visit. She told me things like that happen a lot because the inmates tend to talk about females they see in the VR and it tend to rub guys the wrong way if it is their loved one being talked about.

Since then I make it a habit to stop and look in a mirror more than twice before a visit. Once to make sure I look good and once to make sure its not "too good"

Good point! I wouldn't dress "slutty" or anything, I just didn't know if clothes had to be loose fitting. If something you have on, say shoes for instance (I have a couple pair that have made the metal detector at the court house go off) set it off, will they deny your visit?

HOPE4FUTURE
05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
No, they won't deny your visit. They will just have you take them off and then walk back through.

Lions Heart
05-08-2009, 04:54 PM
most heels will set off the detectors because they have a rod in the heel for support. As hope indicated, they will make you take them off and walk thru the detector without them on. Shouldn't be a problem.