View Full Version : Riker's Island Information

Pages : 1 [2]

lilluv117
11-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Saltygal, I don't think they can have Nike sneakers. I know in Rikers they can't. I'm not sure about the Tombs. But i think they can have certain color sneakers, not just white. There are certain colors they can't have like red, navy blue, green, or other gang related colors. The main colors they can have are beige, brown, black, white, pink, and purple.

saltygal
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
ok, so today my fiance is being transfered to Riker's Island & i'm worried about him. apparently he's going to be thrown back into the "dorm" situation (at the Tombs he had a cell & was free to walk around or stay in his cell), and he dislikes the dorm-style because too many people on top of each other is just fuel for altercations between detainees & he's really trying to stay out of the mix. He went to court on Tuesday & they denied his bail request (his lawyer is a joke, i hate him! :mad: ), and according to his lawyer, his type of case can take almost a year to go to trail. futhermore, according to the lawyer (who i hate :mad: ) you only get one bail application. so this means that my fiance will be in Rikers (or some other city jail) for however long it takes to hear his case (which is CRAZY considering he's legally innocent until proven otherwise, and yet he's being treated as if he's guilty! :angry: ). anyway...i'm very worried about my fiance. i've heard & read all sorts of crazy things about Rikers (fights, stabbings, overcrowding, etc). furthermore, the visiting situation seems much more confusing & daunting than the Tombs ( i haven't been able to visit yet because i'm out of state, but somehow i am the visitation coordinator/go between for his whole family). at any rate...i don't know what to expect & neither does he. he is trying to be strong, but he admitted to me he's nervous. i told him to keep praying & staying calm and out of trouble & i will continue praying for him. i guess that's all i can do, right? in the meantime i hate waiting...i hate waiting for his phone calls, but i feel so damn good when they come through :D . anyway...send up a few prayers for me & my fiance.

thanks.

oh by the way...Mrs G...i checked the Riker's Island thread & i didn't find any info....so...

does anyone know if it's possible to get married in Rikers' (there was one person who said she got married in Riker's but didn't give any info on how to go about it)? considering he will be there for a while, there's really no reason for us to keep putting off the wedding. is it even possible for a Detainee to get married in Riker's? Is there a number i can call to find out this info?

thanks!

nimuay
11-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Believe it or not, Rikers' reputation has improved greatly in the last few years. Breathe!!

Momma Ann
11-17-2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158580

COMPLETElyhis
11-17-2005, 01:32 PM
If I were you, I'd be "glad" that he was on Rikers...at least you don't have to travel all the way upstate NY to see him (when you do visit). As of now, although it's still a "journey" he's a little more accessible.

Rikers has always had a bad reputation. It's always been a mess (just like any city prison), but it's not that bad.

I used to go and visit there.

As far as getting married there, I personally wouldn't do it. I would wait and see where he goes from there.

Peace and blessings...

saltygal
11-17-2005, 01:56 PM
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158580

thanks, but i already went through this thread. :thumbsup:

PhillyGurLL
11-17-2005, 02:03 PM
My husband was at Riker's for A WHILE!!!!! I didn't think it was even worth visiting!!!!! They only gave me an hour after taking a bunch of trains and buses all the way from PHILLY!!!!! They also treated us MEAN!!!!! I was never worried for my husband and he's not a great big guy or anything! He was fine!!!!!

saltygal
11-17-2005, 02:52 PM
hey Philly & others...

an hour visit is a HUGE step up from the 15 minute, through the glass visits that we got here in the LA Country jail (and i had to wait 5 hours when i was 9+ month preggo just for that). so...i'd travel the 3000 miles, wait 2 hours, and endure the searches to see him. it's THAT deep :love:

oh & Completelyhis....he won't be going anywhere anytime soon, which is why we'd like to find out if it's even possible to get married there. someone in the Rikers thread said they were married there & that it was really nice (i guess as nice as can be), so i was just wondering.

babygurl919
11-17-2005, 04:30 PM
My boyfriend was on Riker's for about a year and a half before they sent him upstate. He said it wasn't as bad as everyone says it is, but he has said that where he is at now is a million times better.

Taya
11-17-2005, 04:42 PM
My boyfriend is still on Rikers. The visits are for an hour unless sometimes you get lucky and get caught in the count and may get up to 1 hour 45 minutes. You can visit 3 times a week depending on his last name. Visits take place 1-8 Wed & Thurs. Fri, Sat and Sun 7-2. Fri everyone can visit. One week A-L visits on Wed and M-Z visit on Thurs and then vice versa the next week. I have never personally had a problem with any of the CO's but then again I don't try to get familiar I am just there to see my man. It can be rough in some of the buildings but it is not as bad as it was back in the days. Hope this helps.

Taya
11-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Also you can hug and kiss on Rikers as long as you don't get a booth visit for whatever reason.

saltygal
11-17-2005, 09:42 PM
thanks for the info everyone!

well i JUST spoke to him (:D ) and he was just assigned a bed. he doesn't have a pin number yet for the phone, so someone was kind enough to allow him to use their number to call me :D . by the grace of God, my fiance is is always able to make a friend anywhere he goes. anyway, he is ok & i found out which part of Rikers he's in (c-73). he will try to call me tomorrow, hopefully he will be able to get a pin number assigned tonight or tomorrow. i'm just happy he's ok & he was able to call me tonight. :thumbsup:

he DID ask me about the wedding thing again. i will have to call Rikers tomorrow to track down some info. he's going to check into it also...wish us luck!

Manzanita
11-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I am sorry for the rough time you are going through and I am sorry you could not find wedding information, I hope you do get it though, maybe you can PM the member who mentioned getting married there, if she is still with us. Then when he settles down, you can get married.

I don't know how Rikers is now, but I know double bunk is hard if you are used to being alone. My husband was in Rikers maybe 16 years ago and it was rough for him, being that he was 17 at the time ...I am sure it is better now, and you will be closer to him as well.

Good Luck

Taya
11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
To get married at Rikers Your man has to get a paper filled out. Sometimes the CO's have them but if not he can ask to go to Social Service and get a marriage form. Its basically your info and what he was charged with. Then a counselor will call you and ask general questions. He will then get an approved form that you will have to take to city hall to get the license. After that they will gave you a date for your wedding. It takes time for them to approve the paper and to call you though.

saltygal
11-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks Taya :thumbsup:

I called Rikers yesterday and they told me the same thing. He has to go to Social Services & request an application. From there he/we has to fill it out & get put on the waiting list. the social services person i spoke to said it will take some time because there are a lot of people currently waiting. the waiting time will be good though. when we got engaged in August, i told him i wanted to go to pre-marital counseling, just because i would hate to end up divored (both of our parents are divorced & we used to talk about how it affected us. now that we have a son, we don't want to put him through that. plus we want to be HAPPY!). well...now we can't GO to counseling together, but i'm going to send him some marriage books/articles & we're going to read them together and discuss them. sort of our own counseling sessions *lol*

wish us luck! :)

Manzanita
11-19-2005, 10:15 PM
I moved your posts here as it is now more information linked to Rikers...

:)

lilluv117
11-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi Saltygal :) I'm getting married at Rikers on Monday. Basically, your boyfriend has to go see the counselor when they call "programs" They let them go to programs I think once a week. He has to find out which is the day they call it in his house. Then he fills out an application and waits to be called. When they call him (it takes about 2 months) he fills out the application for a marriage license. Then they give him a paper that he sends to you. It basically says to go to 1 Centre St. in Manhattan and get the marriage certificate. When you get to 1 Centre St., they will have the marriage license application that he started to fill out. Then you fill out your information and you get the marriage license. Then you call the couselor and let her know you are ready to get married and you pick a date with her. Then you show up on that date and that's what I'm up to. I'll let you know what it's like on Monday. My fiance put in the application in August and we got called the beginning of November. You can PM me if you have any questions or need any help. :)

Manzanita
11-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Wonderful! SO great someone else could help!! ;)
Congrats to you too!

saltygal
11-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi Saltygal :) I'm getting married at Rikers on Monday. Basically, your boyfriend has to go see the counselor when they call "programs" They let them go to programs I think once a week. He has to find out which is the day they call it in his house. Then he fills out an application and waits to be called. When they call him (it takes about 2 months) he fills out the application for a marriage license. Then they give him a paper that he sends to you. It basically says to go to 1 Centre St. in Manhattan and get the marriage certificate. When you get to 1 Centre St., they will have the marriage license application that he started to fill out. Then you fill out your information and you get the marriage license. Then you call the couselor and let her know you are ready to get married and you pick a date with her. Then you show up on that date and that's what I'm up to. I'll let you know what it's like on Monday. My fiance put in the application in August and we got called the beginning of November. You can PM me if you have any questions or need any help. :)

thanks and congrats!!! please let me know how it went!

i did get a chance to speak to the social services guy and he explained my fiance would have to get the application ( his programs day is Thursdays), but he didn't say what happens after that...so thanks for the info!

once again....CONGRATS and don't forget to dish on the details of your wedding! :)

saltygal
11-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Saltygal, I don't think they can have Nike sneakers. I know in Rikers they can't. I'm not sure about the Tombs. But i think they can have certain color sneakers, not just white. There are certain colors they can't have like red, navy blue, green, or other gang related colors. The main colors they can have are beige, brown, black, white, pink, and purple.

lilluv117, you are correct. no nikes & no new balances. i got my fiance some white on white shelltoe Adidas, just so we wouldn't run into any problems. they were accepted. i don't even want to deal w/ the hassle of colors. i keep sending shower shoes and for some reason they keep rejecting them, so i'm going to start dealing w/ solid colors (i.e. white or black) only.

PhillyGurLL
11-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Congratulations to you!!!!! :D I had just found out I was pregnant when my husband got to Riker's. I was very very very sick!!!!! I had a condition called hyperemisis that I get with every pregnancy. Basically, you have morning sickness 24/7. I was in the hospital every three days getting IV's for dehydration. That had a lot to do with me not thinking it was worth the visit. I threw up the whole way there! Then there was this MEAN C.O. that rejected his clothes I brought up EVERYTIME!!!!! I have 10000’s of stories about the c.o’s (especially that one biotch!!!!!,) but I always left their crying and something bad always happened!!!!! I failed the ION scanner there….the drug scanner….I was pregnant, I didn’t touch ANY drugs!!!!! At least I got to see him behind the glass……That was a KODAK moment!!!!! I remember my shower shoes getting rejected EVERY TIME!!!!! I forgot what it was now, but I could ask my husband for you! Maybe they had to be clear, I forget now!!!!! Congratulations to you, I’m glad you don’t let the prison system come in between your love and happiness, it is very hard when you have to endure what we do to visit!!!!!

onlyhis0911
11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
if u need any info on rikers u can go to prisonhelp.com or the nyc dept. of corrections home page they have all the info there... u may bring cell fones but they have to be kept in a locker outside it costs 50 cents... it will take u around 4 hrs for the whole process they search u many times... and u r crazy but if ur thinkin of bringin ne drugs in plese dont put them in ur purse hide it really good inside u cuz if u hold up anyones visit people on ur bus will get real mad at u lolz... if n e 1 needs info on sumone tha # is 718-546-0700... u can mail stamps inside a letter u send an inmate... u have to bring envelopes in a package... rikers wont accept nike jordan or new balance sneakers... they will accept reeboks or addidas or cheap knockoffs... if u have any other questions jus ask i knoe alot about rikers and tha tombs(manhattan detention complex)

edited due to language

g*1
11-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi all!

My honey has been on rikers for a year and will be heading upstate any day now. We just got married about a week ago because he got an 8 year sentence and we want those trailer visits. I'm on vacation right now (honeymoon by myself?) and it's the first time we've gone so long without seeing or really talking to eachother (I'm not in the country, so roaming rates are probably really expensive). And it's scary to think there's a good chance he won't be on rikers anymore when i get back.

Anyway, I think this site is going to save my life in terms of finding out information about whichever prison he is sent to. It's also comforting to know that there are so many people who have been going through or are currently going through the same shit.

I'm also doing a senior thesis project on recidivism and problems with the criminal justice system, specifically how it deals with young adult male offenders and the subsequent racial and economic impact that has on the city. I'm mostly using my husband's situation as a case study, but am also looking to interview other inmates, those with incarcerated loved ones and activists. Just to warn you, I may be posting calls for people who would be willing to share experiences and opinions with me.

g*1
11-23-2005, 08:48 PM
My honey has not been moved upstate yet, and I wouldn't
consider doing this for another year or so; but is it unrealistic
of me to consider moving near whatever facility they send him
to? Will he just get transfered randomly at some point and I'll
be stuck out in the middle of nowhere?

He told me that max facilities have daily visits, not that I would
be able to go every day if I wanted to maintain a job, but it
seems like it could be easier and I'm not opposed to getting
out of the city for a few years.

Has anyone done this? Was it worth it or were you miserable?

nimuay
11-24-2005, 06:50 AM
A lot would depend on the length of his sentence, eh? The big problem is that he can be moved at any time, to anywhere. Given that, upstate is a pretty large area, and you could still be 6 hours or more away if they scoot him from Erie to Dannemora or something like that. If you try for the central tier, somewhere like Kingston or Oneonta, you'll be in small cities, certainly closer than you are now, but most of the prisons are located in smallish towns with rampant unemployment. If you're unencumbered and have a skill that can get you employment anywhere, then you can certainly make it, but if you're doing it with kids and no major job skills you can pretty much be stranded (unless you like farm work!).

Good luck

nvydiznavynena
11-24-2005, 06:58 AM
i would do it but im stationed in the navy so i cant

Ken'sWife
11-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Welcome to PTO! Happy that you have found the site and joined. I live in CNY and love it.

haswtch
11-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Welcome to PTO! From what I gather, even the nastier prisons are a little better than Rikers, so his life will get better. And congratulations, Ms. Newlywed!
What Nimuay said about moving is true. I think you should do it if it's right for YOU to get out of the city, but don't for heaven's sake move to a little eentsy town way upstate because it's 15 minutes from him, because a fair number of them get moved from here to there to who-knows-where, and the prison towns mostly don't seem like happy places.
glad to have you amongst us, and always glad to hear of another intelligent person studying on this mess to try to make some sense of it all!

Momma Ann
11-25-2005, 07:50 AM
but he is still 5 hours away. However, it does seem they keep people in the same hub for at least 2 years most time-so you might be ok for 2 years. But of course there are no guarantees!

lostinloveinny
11-26-2005, 05:40 AM
welcome aboard G congrats on your wedding.

lilluv117
11-26-2005, 09:34 PM
lilluv117, you are correct. no nikes & no new balances. i got my fiance some white on white shelltoe Adidas, just so we wouldn't run into any problems. they were accepted. i don't even want to deal w/ the hassle of colors. i keep sending shower shoes and for some reason they keep rejecting them, so i'm going to start dealing w/ solid colors (i.e. white or black) only.

Yeah, that's what I do... stick to solids- white, black, brown or grey... the shower shoes have to be those plastic ones that they sell pretty much in the 99 cent stores around here.. they're not hard to find around here but i'm not sure in CA. Make sure they're black... that's your best bet. Some cheap black flipflops are your best bet. A lot of people have these plastic black reebok slippers too. They're really hard, stiff plastic. They're really popular in there. My husband has a pair but I use them here at home :) He had them from before he got locked up so I like to keep them around to remind me of him. :)

Manzanita
11-26-2005, 09:38 PM
so glad you ladies can hook up and help eachother ;)

lilluv117
11-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Congratulations to you!!!!! :D I had just found out I was pregnant when my husband got to Riker's. I was very very very sick!!!!! I had a condition called hyperemisis that I get with every pregnancy. Basically, you have morning sickness 24/7. I was in the hospital every three days getting IV's for dehydration. That had a lot to do with me not thinking it was worth the visit. I threw up the whole way there! Then there was this MEAN C.O. that rejected his clothes I brought up EVERYTIME!!!!! I have 10000’s of stories about the c.o’s (especially that one biotch!!!!!,) but I always left their crying and something bad always happened!!!!! I failed the ION scanner there….the drug scanner….I was pregnant, I didn’t touch ANY drugs!!!!! At least I got to see him behind the glass……That was a KODAK moment!!!!! I remember my shower shoes getting rejected EVERY TIME!!!!! I forgot what it was now, but I could ask my husband for you! Maybe they had to be clear, I forget now!!!!! Congratulations to you, I’m glad you don’t let the prison system come in between your love and happiness, it is very hard when you have to endure what we do to visit!!!!!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles with your pregnancy. I hope everything turned out alright. I too found out I was pregnant just 2 weeks before he went in. He had to turn himself in so unfortunately, I had a miscarriage the weekend before he went in. I guess it was the stress but God knows what he is doing and I trust it was all in God's hands. I hope everything is good with you.

lilluv117
11-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Did anyone hear anything about an alleged prisoner escape at Rikers yesterday? My husband was locked in from about 7-9:30pm. He told me the count was wrong in the 6 building and that someone was missing. They did the count twice and then they locked down the entire facility. A few of my friends were on the bus returning from their visits and they got stuck in the facility from 6 till about 9pm! They wouldn't let anyone off of the island until the count cleared. I never found out if the count finally cleared or what actually happened but it was really stupid if someone in that building tried to escape because everyone in that building has less than a year sentence and if someone tried to escape that's an automatic 7 year sentence, minimum. Anyways, just wondering if anyone had heard anything.

curiousity
11-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi so ive been reading these postings and everyone seems very helpful and i need some advice
my boyfriend just got sent to rikers hopefully only doing 20 days tho thankk goodness, but i dont know anything about the system and i dont know how he can phone me , or even IF he can phone me and i am wondering if anyone knows the answer
my phone # starts with 347, and i know it doesnt accept collect calls and so i need to know whether he is going to be able to phone me or if i wont be able to hear from him?? Does anyone know???

and also how is visiting there, he just went today and so i have no idea what building he is in, but what is it like in general? any advice for best times to visit? i would be driving from Brooklyn

THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOEVER READS THIS i would appreciate hearing anything at all!!! :)
thankk you thank you

onlyhis0911
12-04-2005, 12:03 AM
well tha best times to visit would really be in tha morning try to get there for tha first visit and youll be in and out... id say tha best thing to do is to try and change your number to a 718 number because thats what i had to do so my man could call me... hope this helps...if u need any other info just ask

saltygal
12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi so ive been reading these postings and everyone seems very helpful and i need some advice
my boyfriend just got sent to rikers hopefully only doing 20 days tho thankk goodness, but i dont know anything about the system and i dont know how he can phone me , or even IF he can phone me and i am wondering if anyone knows the answer
my phone # starts with 347, and i know it doesnt accept collect calls and so i need to know whether he is going to be able to phone me or if i wont be able to hear from him?? Does anyone know???

and also how is visiting there, he just went today and so i have no idea what building he is in, but what is it like in general? any advice for best times to visit? i would be driving from Brooklyn

THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOEVER READS THIS i would appreciate hearing anything at all!!! :)
thankk you thank you

i think that as long as you have a local number, he can call you if he has money on his account. i'm not sure if that only applies to 718 tho.

as far as visiting...you can check www.prisonhelp.com (http://www.prisonhelp.com) (click on "Riker's Information) for the visiting calendar for December, as well as driving directions. visiting is based on last names (A-L, M-Z, and A-Z). detainees (peoeple who haven't been sentenced) can have visits 3 times a week, sentenced imates can have them twice a week. if u want to find out which building he's in call 718-546-0700 & punch in his name, and they will tell you where he is located.

good luck!

now...does anyone know what you can take into Rikers for babies? i am visiting w/ my son and i want to know what can & cannot be brought in. thanks!

onlyhis0911
12-11-2005, 11:28 PM
when u bring the baby to rikers u can take the diaper bag but it must be left in the inside lockers u may only bring urself and the baby in with you and most of the time they do check the baby's diaper for contraband. if any1 has any questions just ask...

saltygal
12-13-2005, 04:42 PM
when u bring the baby to rikers u can take the diaper bag but it must be left in the inside lockers u may only bring urself and the baby in with you and most of the time they do check the baby's diaper for contraband. if any1 has any questions just ask...

yeah, i learned this. it was kind of weird not to be able to take the baby's bottles in with him, in case he got hungry, but i fed him before we went up to the visiting floor, so it was ok. they didn't end up checking his diaper, but i was speaking to a woman who visited another house, and they checked her baby's diaper. i guess it just depends.

onlyhis0911
12-13-2005, 11:56 PM
i said the same thing about no bottles it really is crazy cause if the baby gets hungry you'll have to cut the visit short... but im glad everything went okay im going to see my man tommorrow i hop everything goes good

lilluv117
12-17-2005, 08:40 PM
That's crazy about no bottles. In GRVC they allow you to bring in a bottle and a burp cloth for the baby. The inmates get to feed the baby which I think is really good for them to interact with their children. Maybe you can ask if you can bring in the bottle. They definitely allow it in my husband's building.

onlyhis0911
12-19-2005, 12:21 AM
if someone is in the box do they still get contact visits?? the guards suspect that i broughh him 'contraband' and they put me on the k-9 search list or wateva it is but he's in the box now and i havent seen him in a month and i was just wondering do me and him still get contact visits???

Blestace227
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
My husband has been locke dup since june but has been in the suffolk county correctional facilty, Last week he was moved to Rikers and I am so confused as to how the visits work and how to send mail because now I can only get a call once a week three way. I called the jail and they said hes not in their system and were really not much help. I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how visiting works like if you make a reservation or what days I can go. I wondering if I should even go because they say hes not in their system:confused: .

saltygal
12-19-2005, 01:45 PM
hey...well, my fiance is in Rikers and i've talked to so many people on this site & at the jail, that now i feelt like i'm an expert LOL. so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me. Also visit the Riker's post in the NY Prison Profiles section. but as far as visits go...

Visits are based on last name. no reservation necessary. each week a detainee can receive 3 visits per week, a sentenced inmate can receive 2 visits per week. visits are based on last names, such as A-L, M-Z, and then there are days for A-Z. you can check the NYC doc site. they list calendars for each month.

December calendar http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/doc/html/1205.html
January 06 http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/doc/html/0106.html

they also list directions, both driving and by train/bus. if you have any questions as to how to get there from the train/bus, just ask me.

as far as calls...i'm not sure why he can only call you once a week. my fiance is able to make 21 mins worth of calls every 5 hours, until 11pm. but they have to have a PIN number for the phone, so perhaps your hubby doesn't have that yet. however, if he's a sentenced inmate, i'm not sure if it works any differently. so i would advise you to call and ask his "house" what the rules are. my experience is that if you're polite, they usually are pretty helpful (usually, but not always).

as far as mail...all you need to know if his Book & Case number and an address to a house. most detainees are in C-73 which is in GMDC (i think & maybe GRVC). i suppose you can just send him letters to any address, and they will locate him by his Book & Case number. if you go to www.prisonhelp.com (http://www.prisonhelp.com) and click on "Rikers Information" (on the left hand side) they list all of the houses, adresses, and phone numbers.

and finally...to locate him in the city...you can call 718-546-0700 & punch in either his name or his book & case number and it will tell you where he is in the city. you may not be able to locate him right now because they may not have "officially" moved him, but it shouldn't take long. it took almost a full day for them to update my fiance's info. but once that's done you should be able to visit right away.

good luck & if u have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Blestace227
12-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Thankyou sooo much for your help saltygal, I really appreciate it:D .

saltygal
12-19-2005, 04:33 PM
anytime ;)

satOsz wifey
12-19-2005, 05:28 PM
my baby was in Riker's for a long time, but Saltygal seemed to do a pretty good job of summing up all the info. But if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Manzanita
12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
BLestace, I moved this here, Glad you found great help :)

dbutterfly
12-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi, if someone can please send me the adress for Rikers Island I would so very much appreciate it. I really need the mail address and don't know how to get it. My boyfriend says I am better off with out him but I really need to get my letters to him. I miss him , please help me.
God Bless you for your assistance.

California Sunshine
12-30-2005, 06:17 PM
You may be able to locate the addy here http://www.docs.state.ny.us/ or here http://www.correctionhistory.org/html/chronicl/nycdoc/html/jailist1.html

LilBabyL
12-31-2005, 01:39 PM
First you need to call & find out which building he is in. 718-546-0700

ARDC - C-74 11-11 Hazen Street - Phone: 718-546-6950
GRVC - C-73 09-09 Hazen Street - Phone: 718-546-2107
GMDC - 15-15 Hazen Street - Phone: 718-546-4550
OBCC - 1600 Hazen Street - Phone: 718 546-6449
RMSC - 19-19 Hazen Street/Female - Phone: 718-546-7450
AMKC - C-95 18-18 Hazen Street - Phone: 718-546-3550
CIFM - C-76 10-10 Hazen Street
NIC - 1500 Hazen Street - Phone: 718-546-1150
JATC - HDM 14-14 Hazen Street
WEST FACILITY - 1606 Hazen Street

EAST ELMHURST, NY 11370

Manzanita
12-31-2005, 04:44 PM
your rikers question was moved here, good luck and welcome to PTO ;)

Free Tone
01-05-2006, 09:02 AM
My baby's in O.B.C.C right now waiting to be shipped upstate. I've never been to Rikers' b 4 so anyone who has any pointers on what to do,what not to do, anything to make this trip a little easier. Please help a lonely chick out please. I really need to see my man b4 they send him upstate......I'll appreciate anything thanks!!!!!:D

Manzanita
01-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Welcome! :) you will find lots of help here...read all of the above too :)

adgthfgh
01-10-2006, 08:45 PM
both of my babies are in rikers... pm me if anyone wants to go to a visit with me:o :eek::confused: :rolleyes: :)

saltygal
01-12-2006, 07:18 PM
hey all,

has anybody heard anything about this??

my fiancee's father called to tell me that he couldn't visit w/ my fiancee today because Rikers was locked down because someone tried to escape (or escaped). i looked on NY1.com but didn't see anything about this. has anybody heard anything??

this sucks because my fiancee isn't able to call, and may not be able to call for up to 3 days! (which is torture!:mad:)....

any info would be helpful.

lilluv117
01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Rikers was on lockdown. They're not anymore. A prisoner had escaped and was found on the roof. My husband called me at around 6pm. They were on lock from about 12pm to 6pm but that's all done with right now. My husband said they were searching everyone's cells, under the beds, and in all these weird places. They finally found the guy on the roof and the CO's beat him up real bad. He's in the hospital now. That was a real stupid move because now he gets 7 years for trying to escape. I hope you hear from your husband soon.

OfficerFriendly
01-13-2006, 07:51 AM
"They finally found the guy on the roof and the CO's beat him up real bad. He's in the hospital now."

And you know this for a FACT how?

The Nice CO

saltygal
01-13-2006, 11:19 AM
hey,

yes, i spoke to him a little before 10pm Eastern time. he missed his visit though, but he is well.

David
01-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Riker's Island now has its very own forum. (This thread is now located in it)

Please start making new threads on specific questions that you may have so that it will be more easy to locate the information.

Thanks!
David

*Thread Closed*