01-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Many people want to know where the halfway houses are located. Here is a list:

http://www.bop.gov/locations/cc/CCcontracts_05.pdf

Cinammo
01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Good. Am Glad you put this as a sticky!

Momskirox
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know about a half way house in the Bronx, New York?
It might be located at Fordam Road & Cresent avenue.
My husband is scheduled to go there in April.

mesacowgirl
01-09-2006, 01:08 PM
It's at 2534 Creston Avenue in the Bronx. It's not far from the D train stop at 182/183rd Street. I don't know anything else about it though. My fiance was supposed to be going there in April but his unit leader didn't do the paperwork in time and now it looks like he's going to Newark instead which is really inconvenient and makes no sense since NYC is his release city. This guy hasn't done the paperwork for Newark yet either.

songway
03-16-2006, 10:06 PM
so, i'm new to pto. i want to know, does anyone know if a person has a choice of where they go to, or does the bop make that choice, when paroled? my guy is in pennsylvania but he was sentenced in california (state)14 years ago, "life with possibility of parole" and he's beginning to think on what we can do...well, i sure don't know! he thinks we have to move to california. is this true?

BabyBooWV
04-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Does anyone have a updated list of federal halfway houses. I am looking for info on a new on that is in Wheeling WV.

LuvmyOz
07-02-2006, 04:07 PM
I was told by a law enforcement officer that down in the South Florida area, there are no more halfway houses. I don't know if he means Federal or County. Anyone know where I can again, see a list. We think he is going there, but he is in another state now and he claims he knows nothing.

Melissa_2006
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I dont know, but I need an updated one also.

Kahlan
07-23-2006, 08:43 PM
This is the updated list - April 2006:
http://www.bop.gov//locations/cc/CCcontracts_0406.pdf

TxRhino
08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Here is an updated list as of:

APRIL 2006

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43235&d=1154577033

Keep the Faith

Michael :thumbsup:

Melissa_2006
08-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks Michael.

xtramayo
11-15-2006, 02:33 AM
hello all

my love is in lewisburg usp. i am hoping to relocate to nc within a year. his 1st parole hearing is in 2 years. can he released to a hwh in nc if he has no drug history? someone told me nc has hwh ONLY for parolees who've had drug issues. AND GENERALLY, HOW LONG DOES HWH LAST? :confused:

cassylovesjr
07-08-2007, 09:00 PM
does anyone have a loved on at the hwh in Springfield Missouri .. I have questions about the Alpha House

Inhousecounsel
07-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Hubby is in Greensboro NC HWH. Anyone who needs info can PM me. Generally, I think it is a good one compared to some others.

Weazy
07-15-2007, 12:34 PM
all this info is so great to know.
Thanks for sharing.

windygirl
08-01-2007, 02:21 AM
This may sound like a dumb Q as I am new to this my man is going to a half way house soon What do they do there what are its rules and regulation....lol..i posted this same Q in another thread no one answered. So I give it a shot here. Thanks in advance

gotcott
08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
This may sound like a dumb Q as I am new to this my man is going to a half way house soon What do they do there what are its rules and regulation....lol..i posted this same Q in another thread no one answered. So I give it a shot here. Thanks in advanceWelcome, No worries,the Federal hafway house program is exactly what it infers....The inmate is usually in most cases to due 10% of his sentence in a half way house,however due to the BOP beauracracy and politics and only God knows what else the time could be less and usually is.The HWH is designed to assist inmates to reintegrate into the community and start working and reestablishing themselves in society and allow them while under direct supervision to begin to have various freedoms such as freedom to attend church, go shopping , eat meals attend job training if it is directly related to thier new job as well as short home visits and the longer home visits usually granted by the form of passes issued in 8 to 12 hour increments and then eventually they are able to spend a weekend at home and it progresses gradually along with other freedoms. There is another forum here and it is titled coming home from prison, but my best suggestion is to view the probation and this one as well. The fastest way to gain insight to questions you have and desire an immediate answer is go to the little search box at the top of the page on the right and enter key words related to your questions and that will give you immediate insight rather than waiting for a response and this will also give you the greatest insight to your specific questions and the search affects all forums and expedites .As well if you make friends here and have a personal question and wish to remain discreet you can click on the dot next to thier screen name and send them a private message and communicate discretely re: touchy subject matter, or if you are viewing a post and are curious about that person you can research thier personel profile and also view all thier posts as well as see which threads they originated which will give you an even greater insight as to the content and experience they or others have and why they are here! The inmate is still in bop custody and is allowed to freely interact and have more freedoms than while incarcerated and some HWH are coed but usually only at meals and in passing .WHOOOO! Hope this assists in navigating PTO, again welcome! Gotcott

BillyBob'sBabe
11-09-2007, 06:22 PM
New list as of January 2007
http://www.bop.gov/locations/cc/RRcontracts_0107.pdf

bzzz
12-17-2007, 05:20 PM
A tip. Make sure you double check the address. The HWH (New Mexico)I needed had the wrong zip code. It was for a city 500 miles south of where he is. Needless to say almost all the mail I sent to him has yet to reach him, in over 3 weeks. A box of cookies I sent at thanksgiving arrived 10 days late. Important mail, has yet to arrive to him.
I just figured it out a few days ago, lucky I had not sent the Christmas cookies yet lol

So.... just double check that the adress on the list is the correct address.

Kahlan
12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry that happened to you.

You should send a note to the Bureau of Prisons and tell them that the address is wrong so that it won't happen to others.

bzzz
12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I did e-mail them. Lets see if they fix it now or never lol It's just one of those things. But nice to know that his mail will get their quicker now :) I still have to write him, was such a big part of my day for so long.

Kahlan
12-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I hope they fix it and I'm glad that he will get his Christmas cookies on time!

missmysissy
01-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Hi...anyone been to or have a loved one at the VOA halfway house in Hutchins, Texas? I have information on what my sister can & cannot have, visitation, etc...but would like to hear from someone that has actually dealt with the facility. I have heard some horror stories...

hopeful64
01-10-2008, 06:06 AM
KIntock Newark does not house Federal inmates anymore at of 1/1/07. They are now sent to Toler House. 20 Toler Place Newark, NJ

ohwhatacruise
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know if they have an option to not go to a halfway house and just do the last 6 months of their sentence? He has been down 15+ yrs upon release so I assume they will put him in a HWH whether he wants it or not...

yourislandgirl
01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm looking for the NEW wardens name and address at FCI Memphis. I can't locate it anywhere and his counselor refuses to give it to him. Probably because our grievance is about his jack-ass counselor.:angry:

Thanks for any help I can get, feel free to p.m. me also.

Another day in is another day closer to being out.
Have a blessed day.

Kahlan
01-18-2008, 08:24 PM
The warden at FCI Memphis is Bruce Tearson.

cherise2007
02-07-2008, 03:54 AM
On the BOP website

Lesliezack
02-10-2008, 04:25 AM
I was told by a law enforcement officer that down in the South Florida area, there are no more halfway houses. I don't know if he means Federal or County. Anyone know where I can again, see a list. We think he is going there, but he is in another state now and he claims he knows nothing.

WRONG... just now I have a friend in Miami and another just left West Palm. HWH

PTO-97580
02-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Please see updated HWH list as a Sticky at the top of this forum