View Full Version : Charlotte CC

cindid88
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi all!! I'm new here and am glad I found this forum. It has been very informative. The only thing I didn't find anything about is where my boyfriend is. He is at Charlotte CC. Anyone know anything about this place?? Looking forward to hearing from you all.

mel2020
12-22-2005, 01:45 PM
I don't know anything about that place. My man has never been there. Are you looking for an "inside" look, or basic info? The DOC website can give you some general info if that's all you want. Hopefully someone else will come along for the nitty-gritty, if that's what you're after. BTW:WELCOME TO PTO!!! :wave:

MsAkbar
12-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Welcome to PTO. You can get lots of good advice here, and bad....Make your choices wisely. for the most part everyone is willing to help and are well informed in one area or another. I am not familiar with that camp though, but if someone is they will respond.

Again welcome.

snuggles22
12-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello & Welcome to PTO!

rubydoodle
12-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Is he at the minimum custody camp, I think Camp Green (but could be wrong). My son is in Dallas, close to Charlotte. He heard Camp Green was not a great place. My son has been at Rowan and Dallas and said both were very decent.

cindid88
12-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! I got a letter from my boyfriend since I posted the thread. Finally!!! He said the place was awful. He hates it. Of course, prison isn't supposed to be fun. But he was doing pretty well while in Salisbury for processing. Anyone know if there is a chance he could be moved out of there or is he stuck for the rest of his time in (about a year) ?

shadowjack69
12-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Per DOC policy an individual is eligable for transfer after 6months and no write ups for 90 days.
also what custody grade is he? minumum or medimum?
once he gets a job - time will go by faster for him.

mel2020
12-26-2005, 10:27 AM
There is a small chance that they're still "processing" him. My man was processed at Neuse, sent to another place for about a month, and then ended up at Lincoln CC. Sometimes they get confused or backed up...*L*

Iamenough
01-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Charlotte Camp Green--He can get on work release right? My dad owns his own business and picks up guys there all the time for work. Maybe i't's no the same place? But it never hurts to check it out!

cindid88
01-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes, it is Camp Green. I haven't heard all good things about the place. He can get work release. He's working on that now. I know he would be a lot happier if he gets it all worked out. I live in Asheville and he's all the way in Charlotte so I can't see him. I don't even have a car. And I can't talk to him on the phone either cause I would have to make a deposit in the evercom account and unfortuantly I don't have the money to do that. The only contact we have is through letters. It's driving me crazy. I miss him a lot, and the kids do too. I hope he's learning something from all this. Anyway, thank you all for the replies and support. It helps to know others out there understand what I am going through.

prdrmewf
01-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to say welcome!

Coondoggg
08-12-2006, 10:54 AM
[quote=rubydoodle]Is he at the minimum custody camp, I think Camp Green (but could be wrong). My son is in Dallas, close to Charlotte. He heard Camp Green was not a great place. My son has been at Rowan and Dallas and said both were very decent.[/quote

I'd have to say I agree with ruby. The only good thing about Charlotte is the work release. It'll take you at least a year to get on it. I was there 2 years an 4 months with NO infractions. I did the last 8 months on work release. The officers run that camp like the Army. You have to go to the basketball court every morning at 7:00 am and stand (not sit) for two hours until they open the yard. Then you cannot go back to your bed until 4:30 pm. They make you stay outside all day. When I was on work release I worked second shift and got in around 11:00 pm. Superintendent Richard Neely gave all work release inmates working second shift permission to stay in bed until 10:00 am. But the guards never honored it. They'd wake us up at 6:30 am with everybody else and kick us out too. They get you a job making about $200 a week. Then they take out $80 for room and board and another $60 for transportation to the job!! That's $240 left over at the end of the month for you. If you owe restitution, they'll take 75% of THAT. Then you'll have $60 left! And the visitation? You have to sit across from one another and can't touch! They strip search you after each visit just like you were back in medium custody. Tell your loved ones DO NOT GO TO CHARLOTTE CORRECTIONAL,whatever you do. P.S. If you go back to 2004, an inmate named Floyd came in from road squad and wanted to see a doctor about his leg. The sergent on duty told him to go lay down. The next day he could hardly walk. Sergent McGregor, who was acting sergent that morning, told him to stay away from her office and go back to his dorm. That night he got real bad. He was rushed to Charlotte medical center and died before the next morning. The doctor said that they could have saved him if he'd gotton there earlier. McGregor was put suspended, but returned a month later and is still there today. Floyds' family has a lawsuite pending.

mdmccrary
05-17-2009, 11:13 AM
my son is at camp green. it is awlful is there any chance of gettina moved anywhere else