View Full Version : Info. for Carson City, MI visit from out-of-state

soontobewife
12-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Looking for advice for my first visit to the Carson City, MI facility. I am flying into Detroit from Arizona. Suggestions on transportation, places to stay, eat, etc. Anything else a first-timer to Carson Ciry should know?

Thanks!

nanafett
12-18-2005, 10:05 PM
I have had good visits at Carson City (Boyer Rd.) and the CO's have all been
easy going. I don't have any info on places to stay or resturants etc. Hope your visit goes well!

mrsdragoness
12-19-2005, 02:46 AM
There's no public transportation that will get you around... you'll need to rent a car ;)

Hopefully some of the members can help you with the rest. I hope you enjoy your visit

angeltob
12-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Of all the facilities to visit...CC would be one of the better ones. The staff are nice, there is plenty of vending machines including coffee, there is a game and toy area for children and two scenes to choose from for pictures. Please read the info page in the profiles for Carson City. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76386I did not stay there or eat there but there is a quaint little town right up the street and I did see some resturants. Mom n Pop joints if you will.

DJB's Wife
12-19-2005, 05:39 PM
There's not a whole lot close by other than one restaurant. You may want to do a search on Greenville for a place to stay.

soontobewife
12-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the info, all.

Lavender
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I am planning to go up to Carson City CF in late July and staying in Ionia... anyone have a better idea? I am flying into Detroit from Orlando... a little nervous to be going alone...but there is nobody else to go with me.

fedupmomma
06-28-2006, 05:59 AM
When we use to visit Carson City and stayed over, we always stayed in Greenville, it's 10 miles away. Sorry, I don't remember the names of the places though.

Lions Heart
06-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Not too much going on in Ionia that I can see. I drive up there every Thursday for a visit. I have been to Greenville and surprisingly it seems a little bigger. I wouldn't mind meeting you Lavender if you are going to be in Ionia, maybe we can grab a late dinner or something.

soontobewife
06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I go once or twice a month. Yep, from Phoenix. I'd choose Greenville over Ionia to stay. Greenville is just under 20 miles west of Carson City. Look for more detailed information on visiting and lodging, restaurants, etc. in the "sticky note" section. Don't be nervous about going alone, I do it that way every single time. I will be visiting this Fri., Sat. Sunday, Mon. & Tues. this week. Would be happy to meet any PTO member for a diet coke at the Big Boy in Greenville.