View Full Version : Question about WERDCC Vandalia

eldenno
12-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi all,

I am from the netherlands and i like to know what kind of things can be sent besides letters to inmates in WERDCC. I mean can i sent little gifts. I have tried to find out on the web what is allowed and what is not but i didnīt find a clear listing.

can anybody help me?

kindest regards,

denis

leeperjeeper
12-18-2005, 05:11 PM
It is my understanding that nothing can be sent in to any inmate unless it is ordered by the inmate and paid with a green check that the inmate signs for. And it has to be an approved place that the inmate can order from. Nothing can be sent to an inmate except for magazines and newspaper subscriptions, letters and cards. Anything else will be returned or placed in the inmates property storage. You might try this link if you haven't already. It is very imformative. http://www.doc.missouri.gov/division/constser/ff_05.htm

midwestkraut
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Dear Dennis;

Sorry no you can't send them anything! The only thing you can do is deposit money in their offender account and you still have to be careful about doing that. If the DOC believes that a offender is getting too much money in their account and its from too many sources then they freeze the account and take the offenders money from them. But yes you can subscribe to a magazine for them as long as its something sent directly from a publisher then its ok. But any item needs to be ordered by the inmate herself.

Don

eldenno
12-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the answers. You two have been a great help. I appreciate it.

regards denis