View Full Version : Quarterly Packages/Pelican Bay

Kingsfan916
12-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Does anybody know how long it takes for a quarterly package to get into an inmate's hands after it being ordered? I put in my guy's order over the internet more than two weeks ago and as of this morning he still hasn't received it. The tracking info on the californiaqp website states his order was shipped on 11/29. Has anybody ever ordered online? If so did it work out well? Maybe I should have asked this before ordering. I just thought it would be faster....

RonnieB
12-15-2005, 01:26 PM
HI,Well, I also ordered a quarterly package for a loved one. It was delivered to PBSP on 12/6 according to Access Securepak. I called the R&R dept. at PBSP [707 465-1000 ext 5561] to inquire if and when it was delivered. They stated "we have not received the pkg". Well, once I told them what Access stated with the tracking number,they of course changed their response. they told me that the pkgs. are delivered to a warehouse [on the facility's grounds], they make pick ups from this warehouse of a limited amount of pkgs per day to be searched and issued to the inmates. They do not make a record of the delivery until it reaches their dept to be searched. They also said it can be an additional 3-4 weeks before the actual pkg reaches the inmate even though it is on the PBSP grounds. They said they receive hundreds of pkgs each day, and the holiday season is even in the thousands. This is not including the increase in mail during the season. They said to call back in a week, which is 12/16.
All I can advise you to do is to call up there and speak to Sgt. Mcguire, she should be able to help you. Note: I just called PBSP and the Quartely Pkg. was rec'd and will be issued next week.
Hope this helps!!!
Happy Holiday

California Sunshine
12-15-2005, 04:50 PM
When I used to send packages it seems it did take a good 2-4 weeks to get them in his hands after they recieved it

Kingsfan916
12-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Thank you ladies for your responses. I will be going up there this weekend to visit :D I will ask him if he has recieved his package, if he hasn't I will call the number Ronnie posted. Thank you very much!

Ted's mom
12-22-2005, 12:10 AM
In the gym they deliver packagaes to inmates on Sundays only. At the ranch they deliver on other days too. I ordered a package on Nov. 28th and he had it on Dec 14th or 15th so it was just a few days over 2 weeks from order to his hot little hands.

lancaster
12-29-2005, 10:02 PM
i hope someone can help me out here..i filled out the quarterly package form online and it said to delete some items due to the fact it went over its size limit..i didnt see it until i submitted the form. what happens next? will they contact me or what?

Barbara
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi:) I would call them on the phone and tell them what happened just to make sure. Love Barb