View Full Version : please help (will he still go to court while on lockdown)?

bullittgirl
12-11-2005, 07:17 PM
:confused: my husband is at chino on a pre-sentence co-opt . if they go on lockdown because will he still be transfered to s.d. for court? This is driving me nuts.i am new to the system .Dont even know what a co-opt is for.His P.O. says only to see if he is prison material . What is that???He is scheduled for court jan,. 3rd. Kids and I were hoping to visit him at Christmas in san diego.If any one knows anything i would greatly appriciate any response.tHANKS :confused:

Unique Ways
12-11-2005, 07:28 PM
to see if hes "prison material" means if he'll be able to handle prison life. but, usually whether or not you are they will send you. and if they are ld and have a court appearence they will take him cuz hes not actually in the system more like a guest of the state.most times they'll go to court a day or two ahead of time. but, then cdc has a mind of its own and makes their rules regardless of the law or whatever. hope that helps and someone else probably has some more info

bullittgirl
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Thank you,sparkey951,You have cleared up some confusion .

bullittgirl
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
why do they have the pre-sentence investigation if they have already know they are going to send him to prison?

Mom Jackson
12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
That is such a good question.

Strasse
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM
This may or may not be what your husband is doing, but, there's a provision, codified at Penal Code sect. 1203.03, for a 90 day "diagnostic" commitment to CDCR; CDCR then gets to report to the judge as to whether they want him as an inmate or whether probation might be appropriate. No idea what the ratio is of recommendations for probation vs. incarceration, though...

Unique Ways
12-12-2005, 11:08 PM
to be honest its just a formality they seem to do. my very first time i did a 90 day op for what i have no idea, cuz i had been in cya at the age of 15 until iwas 17 just short of my 18th b/day. by the time iwas 20yrs old i was back i trouble. cya isn't all that different only one is adult the other juvenile. most people i know that do those op usually end up in there. but, they seem to want an "official opinion" on whether or not you are.

andibyrd
12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
In my county they are called "90 day ops" short for 90 day observation. My county sends people on those like crazy! They usually do it to scare a person into acting right. Basically to see if they are able to conform to the rules of probation, or if probation is just going to be a lost cause. They send a lot of people on 90's that are in drug court as a last chance before going to prison. But, then again I've seen people that have never gone to prison go straight to prison without a 90. It just depends on what circumstances he went on the 90 for.

bullittgirl
12-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Thank you all for responding.I think that I may sleep a bit easier tonight in regard to the 90 dAY opt. thing but now there is this Tookie situation. I pray all are safe tonight and the coming days. Not a whole lot of talk or activism going on here in san diego, I hope the rest of the state stays quiet.Thanks again and God Bless us all.