View Full Version : Need Info on food visit, Algoa

layne74
12-08-2005, 09:42 PM
I really need to know some rules about a food visit , Not sure if I need
to bring plastic silverware, plates etc.?

Ken
12-09-2005, 04:39 AM
Food visit rules are probably the one thing that will change between prisons and especially between security levels of the prison.

My suggestion is that you get them directly from the Prisoner - they will be available in written form.

Generally this is what they cover - you can bring in 4 containers/4 food items - the containers must be see through plastic. You can not bring in plastic knives or forks - they have the 'spork' in the visiting room - this however may be different in a lower level camp. They will poke around in anything that you are bringing so if you have a nice pie or cake or something like that they may cut into and through it if they cannot see through it. Usually bread, butter, and condiments are on top and extra. They have to be in plastic, not glass bottles - like hot sauce or mustard. Generally you can also bring in fast food from the local restaruants - you have to however keep to the four food items....

These are general guidelines, but please get this prison's rules or talk to someone that has direct experience with this prison.

layne74
12-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Thank you for the info. My brother is the worlds worst about getting info to me and my mom about visits and rules, it seems like when he does give us info it is usually wrong. Thanks again.

layne74

PTO-29412
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
You can also check the MDOC website, and find the contact information for that specific prison. If you call and ask to speak to the head of visitation, or the warden, they can provide you with the needed information.

leeperjeeper
12-09-2005, 02:55 PM
I was also brought unopened packages of napkins, paper plates, salt and pepper containers, plastic silverware, etc. That way there is no question as to whether something is hiding in them.

layne74
12-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone I went today, They are very nice there we didn't have any trouble at all.

Layne74