View Full Version : South Central Correctional Facility

CINDYinIN
12-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Because each prison is a little different, I thought those of us with knowledge about phones, mail, visitation, quirky rules, etc. at a certain prison could post in each prison's thread to give new people some much needed information. Please post any information you have about SOUTH CENTRAL in this thread.

Thanks!
CindyinIN

kevnsunny
04-25-2007, 04:25 PM
my fiancee is in sccf and i would be glad to answer any questions you may have the best way i can,phones i know they use globaltel i go to walmart and put money on his account so we can talk pretty much daily if there not on a lockdown that is,mail seems to be pretty lienent,ive sent cards pictures all kinds of stuff and i just found out he can have stamps,visitation i know you have to fill out a form and he said it could take two weeks to a month to get approved ,not sure what else i can write about but if anyone has a loved one there i would love to talk to you and get to know you or if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and if dont know i will find out for you

TNmom
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi, can you tell me what this prison is like? Is there alot of violence, gangs, younger inmates. Do they starve? Is it a really bad inviroment or does it seem to run fairly smoothly? My son has been classifed for Whiteville which is one of the worst ones. South Central is open and he could get reclassed. He is not sure if he wants to or not. Any help at all would help.

Thanks, TNmom

melyssais26
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
My fiance is at SCCF. This is his first time there, but I do have a little knowledge about it. I know that he is allowed to use the phone pretty much anytime he would like to - in fact a little more often than I would like some times - LOL. But he has said there are quite a few things for him to do - he has found books to read - plenty of work out equipment and he knew some people there. He said that comissary is ok, I am waiting on the info to order him a package and to find out if I can mail him his TV back from a previous incarceration. I was told as long as it came from TDOC that they could have it back. He says that SCCF is one of the better places to be b/c it is a older crowd and more trades and educational programs. Hopefully visitation forms will be coming home soon since he was just transferred there about a week ago. I would love to have some other people to meet that are going through the same things and can relate to having a loved one at SCCF, please feel free to email me.

missuboo
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow it looks like no one had posted here for a while. I hope to get a response. LOL Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the anex at South Central. My brother was there a few years ago so I remember a little but I'm sure things have changed since then. When he was there, there were a lot of gang wars going on between the white gangs and the black gangs. I hope all of that has subsided. Any info would be most appreciated. Can they still cook out in visit? Are visits still pretty laid back?

melyssais26
08-28-2008, 09:24 PM
SCCF has had its share of issues this year. We have been thru several lock downs. Some for extended periods. My bf is there and it has been a roller coaster. Although he seems to like it there.

superdreamATM
08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
My husband is at South Central, for his second time. He actually had requested it this time. They use the phone any time they want (except during count times, which seem to be around 10am and 4pm), and they have alot of activities like Bible studies, AA meetings, music groups. He did tell me that yes there are alot of gang members in there, and they seem to fight black vs. white. He sticks around his cell watching tv and has not gotten into any trouble. He said the best bet is lay low and don't take sides, and you are ok. He hates prison of course, but seems to be surviving SCCF ok. The CO's there are all laid back. I have not heard him gripe about any of them.

mk806
08-30-2008, 07:52 AM
hey ladies!! well mine is at Whiteville right now, THE WORST ONE I HEAR, hes been there about a year and is being transferred to SCC sometime next week, only for a new months. !! i would like to get to know some of you ! how is visit? laid back or no?
at whiteville its for 8 hours, you hug and kiss right when you see each other and then sit across table from one another. inmate cant get up or anything, then you can hug/kiss when its over also/ and the guards in there are so hateful! i got yelled at for sitting on my foot! good lord! anyway. hope someone replies! i had gotten to know alot of women with family members at Whiteville, and now were all likea big family ;) PTO is great for that!!!!

heartbrokenmom1
08-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Visitation is pretty laid back. Guards are nice but very strick. They usually catch someone trying to sneak something in about once or twice a month. The inmate can get up and go to the microwave and the vending machines. The inmate has to sit across from his visitor. The visits are from 8am - 315 pm. Unless it gets full then first in first out. The inmate must get a guard to use the restroom and the guard goes in with the inmate and pats him down. As long as you do what you are suppose to at visit, be nice to the guards you will have no problems. Me and my husband go every weekend to see our son and on special visits we also go see him. We know most of the guards and they are nice but strict. Don't let your loved one use the card or touch the vending machines. If you have any children they are not allowed to sit on the inmates lap. They assign you a table when you get into VG. As I said as long as you follow the rules you will have no problems. Don't ever try to sneak anything in because they have at least 3 guards in VG at all times and cameras watching everything. Not much gets past these guards. There have been a lot going on at SCCF for the past few months. They go on lockdown a lot. I worry everyday that it makes me sick. I have been dealing with this for over a year and my son goes up before the parole board in about a year. I have been told that only about 1 in 40 make it out there first time. Any advice on getting ready for a parole hearing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

nenejo
08-30-2008, 07:44 PM
they had a guard from there get arrested about two weeks ago at crump flea market for selling burnt dvd was in our weekly paper i live about 30 mintues from there

mk806
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
well..... good news!!! my man got PAROLE!!!! so he wont be going to SCC.. thankgoodness!! it was his first time going up for Parole! he had a 3 year sentence and served 1.5 years........ 8 months of that was in the county jail then 9 months in prison( whiteville ) ........!! im so excited!!
yall hang in there!! if you need anything let me know... oh and when you get ready to do your parole packet just let me know. i made one that the BOPP commented many times on.. ( i had it professionally bound into a book )

superdreamATM
08-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that your man got parole! Let us know when he comes home. I know everyone is envious but also happy!

mk806
08-31-2008, 11:40 PM
i sure will!! we dont have an exact date, but it should be this coming week or next.
Hopefully

mk806
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
WELLLLLL ladies! my man did get parole but in the meantime while were waiting for a release date he has been transferred to SCC... ive read all your replies to my original post and really appreciate them.. Now I have some more questions that I hope someone can help me with!! Crossing myfingers!!

I have got to get ahold of him tonight somehow to tell him the name of an employee there at SCC he needs to get in contact with, who has parole information for him. Long story! ha! .. and i have tried to set up a phone account with GTL, but he cant get through for some reason.

anyway ive just had an awful day with this mess and need some assistance! i wonder what pod he is in..? too bad one of your men arent in the same pod and could relay the message! haha! that would be awesome! his last name is SHIPMAN, he has dreads... if any of your men see him wondering around looking like a lost puppy, thats HIM! hahhaha!

all this transferring is so annoying. changing all the phones over, and etc. especially with parole going on right now!

mk806
09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
also ladies-- which one of these cities/counties is SCC closest too?
cookeville
crossville
fayetteville
manchester
mcminville
pulaski
spring hill
manchester

heysmom
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
My son is in Apollo . Where is your man? He is Rockman in Visitation. HE might know him. He will be working ater visit tonight but he will probably call. He always does.
Fayettville will be closest.

mk806
09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
My son is in Apollo . Where is your man? He is Rockman in Visitation. HE might know him. He will be working ater visit tonight but he will probably call. He always does.
Fayettville will be closest.

HEY THANK YOU i have no idea where hes at in there, he was just transferred there early this morning! that would be great if your son knew him or could find him! OMG! just great!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
hmmm fayetteville??...... im trying to figure that out so i can change my number to the closest city where SCC is at

heysmom
09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
If you dont mind telling me what is his name?

mk806
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
If you dont mind telling me what is his name?
DJ SHIPMAN

short black guy with dreads ! ha. just got there today! :thumbsup:

i was thinking Pulaski was closer, am i wrong

heysmom
09-08-2008, 06:27 PM
You may be right. I am from Shelbyville so I use Fayettville as a shortcut since they are building the new interstate. I will ask my son as soon as he calls and will post ASAP!:thumbsup:

mk806
09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
oh i see! well i appreciate it!! thanks so much

superdreamATM
09-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Actually Pulaski is closest to South Central (Clifton), but really isn't that close! Are you trying to get a new cell phone # or what?? I think if they have Waynesboro phone #s that would be a local call.

mk806
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
no not trying to get a new cell phone number. just re setting up my VOIP account

nenejo
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM
waynesboro is closer it is also call wayne co i live in savannah tenn about 30 mintues from sccf

heysmom
09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I asked my son about DJ and he said that they keep the inmates in transition at the bottom of the hill and they dont see them until they give them a cell assignment. But will keep his eyes and ears open.

mk806
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
thank you sooooo much!! i really appreciate it! i cant wait to hear from him whenever he calls! I hate all this moving stuff! im worried sick about him!
where he was before, i still worried cuz its prison yaknow. but at least i know what cell he was in and could usually guess what he was doing if we werent talking or where he was! and picture him in my mind. haha! but now i dont know anything. dont know where hes at, what the facility looks like or his cell assignment ANYTHING! aww i miss him! and its only been like 5 days since we have talked! :angry::(

ok sorry im just venting!! i hope i have set up the phone right, GTL sucks!
so far i like evercom so much better!! ugh!

heartbrokenmom1
09-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Waynesboro 20 minutes
Lawrenceburg 1 hour maybe
Columbia 1 hour 20 min
savannah 30 minutes maybe
spring hill is 1 hour 30 minutes
fayetteville, manchester and mcminnville are pretty far away
pulaski is about 20 minutes further than lawrenceburg
cookeville is a few hours away
hope this helps

mk806
09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I asked my son about DJ and he said that they keep the inmates in transition at the bottom of the hill and they dont see them until they give them a cell assignment. But will keep his eyes and ears open.

hey! dj wrote today and said he is in APOLLO! so maybe your son and him are in the same pod now! ha! i wanna talk to him soo bad! them people are tripping about his phone list. and said it takes a month to get it approved! what the crap! he was at a CCA facility before this, and was just transferred to SCC so i dont know what the problem is!! :angry:im sooo angry

superdreamATM
09-15-2008, 08:13 AM
I told Trey about your phone taking long, and he said they used to only update lists every 3 months. now the policy is "at least" every 3 months. But it depends on how busy they are. When i changed my # it only took 2 days to get updated. When he went from CBCX to SCCF, #s were usable from day one.

superdreamATM
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Crazy Stuff at South Central... hubby told me last night a guy in his unit got thrown in the hole because he had 4 cell phones and 2 knives in his cell! It amazes me that the inmates obtain and keep that kinda contraband!

Odd Mushroom
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
You know it's funny, I always wondered what it would be like to get a cell phone in to hubbys guild. That would save me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much money and we'd be able to text!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

heysmom
09-18-2008, 08:47 PM
I would be to scared to talk to my son. Too many snitches:eek:

superdreamATM
09-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Trey said he was afraid of a lockdown coming at South Central this weekend. Apparently there was word this old man in his unit was gonna get jumped cause he's a snitch. So if you don't hear from your loved ones, thats why. Trey called me one time on someone's phone... i freaked out!!! He called his mom and that crazy woman thought for sure i had bought him a cell phone. HECK NO!!! I do't know the punishment in TN but my friend in GA said an inmate gets 2 years added to their sentence if caught with a cell phone. That's serious business! Naughty naughty!

heysmom
09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
In Tennessee it is a Class A write up and you can lose your good time for up to 18 months.

Odd Mushroom
09-21-2008, 03:29 PM
In Tennessee it is a Class A write up and you can lose your good time for up to 18 months.

YIKES!

Joey's Heart
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey Ladies, I posted a new thread on this before I figured out there was a SCCF site. Does anyone know anything about the dress code there and where would I find the closest city to be able to spend the night for 2 days of visitation? I haven't been approved yet, but hopefully soon. I would have to stay 'cuz I'm in Alabama and of course he's in SCCF. I only get 2 weekends a month off and I would like to take advantage of that when I get approved. Thanks bunches for any information or advice you can throw my way. I appreciate all of you.

Derek'sPooh
09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Joey's Heart. Check out the TDOC website at state.tn.us/correction/ Go to the state prisons and find SCCF. Go to the visitation schedule and click on mapquest. Mapquest should have a list of motels in Clifton or surrounding areas. There will also be a visitation manual that will have all the rules. Hope that helps.

superdreamATM
09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
DereksPooh is right.. TDOC shows you some good info about visiting.

I found out as far as dress code.. wear some regular old clothes not too tight, and maybe tennis shoes. Just a plain ol' shirt. I've seen people sent away with shirts too tight, too low cut, if their back shows when they bend over, if the words on it are something the guard doesn't approve. And jeans, they can't show panty lines or be tight! No white clothes either. I got to where i'd wear my husbands clothes: cargo jeans and a t-shirt from some vacation spot, and my Keds tennis shoes. Pretty lame, not sexy, but you get in the door!

I have not stayed in a motel up there yet, but was told that right around the prison in Clifton they are more expensive than if you stayed in Waynesboro or Savannah.

heartbrokenmom1
09-26-2008, 03:28 PM
They also have a new rule that if you cannot pass through the metal detector as of this weekend you cannot go in to visit. They have turned it up on full. Me and my husband have been going for 6 months and never set it off until last weekend my husband set it off with what he always wears. Now he has to find something else to wear. It is his buttons on his pants. He wears levi and it is setting it off. Make sure any buttons are not metal on your pants and no under wire bras ladies.

Odd Mushroom
09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
They also have a new rule that if you cannot pass through the metal detector as of this weekend you cannot go in to visit. They have turned it up on full. Me and my husband have been going for 6 months and never set it off until last weekend my husband set it off with what he always wears. Now he has to find something else to wear. It is his buttons on his pants. He wears levi and it is setting it off. Make sure any buttons are not metal on your pants and no under wire bras ladies.

A (former) guards sectret: Put your hands over the metal on the belt. I had a belt that set it off every time. But if I walked through slowly and with my hanbs on my belt, it never set it off. The guards aren't watching you walk through. They are looking at the xray monitor and listening for the alarm.

superdreamATM
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I promise you, they are NOT gonna want to see me go into visitation with a bra that does not have underwire... i'm way too saggy! ha ha! Stephanie how do we keep our bras from beeping? haha

superdreamATM
10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Has anyone had trouble with underwire bras beeping?? Trey told me just go ahead and find some bras with plastic instead of underwire. I think they are expensive. and my boobs will probably break them. (haha)

Odd Mushroom
10-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I promise you, they are NOT gonna want to see me go into visitation with a bra that does not have underwire... i'm way too saggy! ha ha! Stephanie how do we keep our bras from beeping? haha

LOL! You're asking a small B cup that question?

I would think that they make hard plastic underwire bras or even a sports bra

UKGAL
10-15-2008, 07:17 AM
when i visited my hubby at Brushy, i had an underwire bra on, i had to take out the wire part it wasnt a good look, but i was more ennoyed i had spoilt my best bra,
when i got back home i stuffed where the wire came from with cotton wool, it takes a while but does the job, just no good after you have washed it, i now have "prison bras" that i have converted myself, you dont seem to be able to get pretty bras that come without under wire, i use plastic i get from the hardware store to convert mine,

superdreamATM
10-15-2008, 09:01 AM
UKGAL, thanks, good idea. I was thinking I will be MAD if i have to take the wire out of my bras to get in the door! At CBCX i didn't have a problem. But i don't know if the machines will be more sensitive at SCCF. I get to visit in 51 days. Yippeeee!! I am thinking of looking on EBAY or somewhere online for plastic underwire bras. I am sure they exist but might cost alot!

superdreamATM
10-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I've looked everywhere online to find a plastic underwire bra. At least when i visit in December it will be winter and maybe i will be in a sweatshirt so you can't see my shape anyway. a sports bra does NOT look good on me! but that sounds like my only option!

UKGAL
10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.bonton.com/category/intimate+apparel/bras/wire-free.do

https://121307.biz/oe-cgi/pm00040?cat=bras
just found those two for you, wired bras are apparently bad for you, found it while i was looking for wireless bras,
http://www.relfe.com/underwire_bras_dangers.html

hope these help sports bras dont do me either,

superdreamATM
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm going to take a look at the Playtex 18 Hour bras. I know a regular sports bra won't work. they just smush every thing down and out. YUK! I think the guards don't want anyone looking at our hot bodies when we visit.. ha ha

heartbrokenmom1
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Update on my son. I don't get time to post to often. I so sneak a peak and read as often as I can. My son has been at SCCF for about 7 months and he got moved to the Annex. We got to grill out for the first time in 15 months. I took him big steaks and chicken. It was great. Know have to wait until April again to grill out. But when I first heard that if you are at the Annex they allow cookouts. I was floored to say the least. It is nice, though.. The guards have always been nice to us. Hope everyone is well.

papisgirl
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I hope the Joy from the "cookout" stays in your heart for a long time. It's the little things that help with the rehabilitation. As much as it meant to you I'm sure your son was even prouder...with a big grin on his face.."yeah that's my MOM!"

superdreamATM
11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
That is wonderful about the cookout you got to attend. I am sure your son was happy to see steak, after having to eat turkey every day in the chow hall!! My husband said when i pick him up from prison we are heading straight to somewhere that serves steak and lobster and he's gonna pig out! He is in the RDAP unit now and i don't know if they get to have cookouts in the spring. I sure hope so! that would mean alot to us!

superdreamATM
11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Last night i had a dream that my sweetie came home.. and our friends picked us up in a limo and had a big dinner, some sexy clothes for me, and a "honeymoon" planned for us.... wishful thinking... when or if i see him and we can have a cookout, that will be like a 5 star meal!

papisgirl
11-07-2008, 10:46 AM
lol..i hear ya..When Papi gets outs i'm renting a R.V. that way i can cook for him...get our groove on...all in the same place and just keep rolling..I need to hire a driver though i can't see myself driving an R.V. I give anything to be able to visit and east stale food out of the vending machines.!

superdreamATM
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
you need to find a motel NEARBY!!!! ha ha ! Trey said he knows where we can pull over in the woods near the prison as soon as i pick him up. hehehe

nenejo
11-12-2008, 01:04 PM
they are moving alot of guys up here to our new jail in savannah they bought some up here last week will let you know if i hearanything else i work with the sheffic wife havw a good day jo anna

superdreamATM
11-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Why are they moving guys to Savannah? I didn't know there was a new jail. I am going to visit my husband on December 6. First visit in 6 months. I am so excited! i want to go on a crash diet but i don't think i can lose 10 pounds before then. :) He will love me just how I am, but i feel nervous like i'm going on a first date! My sister and I will get a motel room in Clifton or Waynesboro or Savannah. I can't wait!

papisgirl
11-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Girl to get weight off quick...two words ...NO CARBS...

UKGAL
11-13-2008, 08:02 AM
i second the no carbs it falls off,

superdreamATM
11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
does anyone know any good online sites where i can find carb counts? I eat alot of bad stuff: bread, chips, crackers, potatoes, cheese, Lean Cuisine, and Oreos. ha ha

Odd Mushroom
11-13-2008, 10:40 AM
i second the no carbs it falls off,

Seriously??

Tell me MORE!!! I am expanding..................

:pilgrim:

papisgirl
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I do very low carbs and sugars ...and high in protein. Yeah at first it takes awhile to get the hang of it but you would be surprised how many hidden carbs are in things ..of course no bread, pasta, or rice i dont do anything white...(lol...just thinking of Papi on that one ...) anyway..If i do things with carbs i make sure it's whole grain..I have come to a happy medium between the Akins diet and South beach diet. I lost 8 pounds the first week and down 40 pounds in 3 months..good thing about this is it's the carbs that stick to your mid-section.

UKGAL
11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
ive never heard of the south beach diet??, i did the Akins one time :-( tho i did lose loads of weight, also made me ill, now i just dont eat Bread, pasta, potatos, white rice, i dont go crazy looking for hidden carbs i used to but drove myself nuts, i think this is the best way to lose weight cos you can eat as much choc as u like,
tho when i sent pics in of my new self i got moaned at and told to get some meat on that butt,

Odd Mushroom
11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
so chicken, salads, etc are ok?

superdreamATM
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
South Beach and Atkins are both supposed to be good. Who am i kidding though? my husband will love me no matter what! :) I have probably gained 10 lbs since he has been gone. HOWEVER, he has gained about 60! And they say prison food is bad?? Must not be that awful, cause he's eating it! What is the visit room like at SCCF? is it big? if i get there real early will i run the risk of being kicked out if others come to visit and its crowded? are there little tables or big tables where a bunch sit (like at CBCX)??

UKGAL
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
yep chick salads are fine , you can basically eat what you like when you keep the carbs down, with the akins diet you eat tons of fatty stuff, which i couldnt cope with made me ill, im at the weight i wanna be now, so i dont go hunting for carbs i just dont eat the obvious ones bread etc, apart from that i eat what i want, and im happy to say i havent put the weight back on,

superdreamATM
11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I have a little book with fat/calories/carbs, including fast food places. it's great! i have had the book for 3 or 4 yrs and never paid it much attention . NO i don't like to diet. ha ha But i pulled it out and have been reading through it all weekend. Looks like steak, chicken, mushrooms, pork rinds will be on my new diet. Then again, my hubby doesn't care.. he told me again he loves me how I am! "Through richer or poorer, through fat or skinny..." ha ha :)

Odd Mushroom
11-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeh, but I have doubled in size since Chris and I met and I'd like to be, not necessarily skinny, but toned. Yeah, that's the word. Toned

superdreamATM
11-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Who the heck am I kidding?? I will see my hubby in 2 1/2 weeks and i am only about 10 lbs at the most more than i was when he left. And he is 60 lbs heavier. He is worried about me finding him unattractive! he is so freaked out, he is struggling to find some kind of cologne, needed a new set of clippers for his hair, etc.. it's like HE is going on a first date! hehehe What can you guys tell me about the visitation room at South Central???

Funbank
12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Hello all.
My best friend just got classified at Charles Bass and he said they will be sending him to SCCF. He is afraid there are lots of gang issues there. Can anyone tell me if this is the case. He hoped to get somewhere closer to his parents who live in the Cookeville area. I guess they send them to whereever they have beds available. Are inmates allowed to request transfers? He hoped to go to Southeast Regional in Pikeville or to Morgan County. It looks like a 3+ hour drive for his folks. I will read through the posts for any info and will be posting on here regularly.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

heysmom
12-17-2008, 12:29 PM
My son just got transferred from SCCF to Southeastern in Pikeville. There is just a huge difference. Number 1 SCCF is a CCA run facility(UGH) and Southeastern is a state rum facility. He has been there for about six weeks and in just that length of time I can tell a huge difference in him.
At SCCF they spend their time trying to figure out how to get in more trouble and the guards which are most under the age of 25 are more than willing to help them for a price. At Southeastern you wouldnt dare ask a officer to break the law. The other inmates there are not gang affiliated and have jobs.
They also have a Tricor plant which pays them to work and gives them something to work for. I have only visited him one time but it was pleasant enough and no hassles. The road to the prison is terrible though. Straight up a mountain.

heartbrokenmom1
12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
You are right. SCCF is very gang related. You have to watch yourself 24/7. The guards are decent. Visitation is good. How old is your loved one. Is he very street wise. If you don't mind me asking what is his name. My son is there. He was only 18 when he went to there. He has been there for about 7 months. It is out in nowhere. Cell phones don't work worth a crap out there. If you have any questions please ask. I will try to help if I can.

Funbank
12-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Thanks y'all for posting on my message. My friend's name is James Daniel Shirley. Me and his family call him Daniel but I think in this situation he may answer to James. He is still at Charles Bass this AM but told me they could move him at anytime. He is 41 and this is his first time in prison. He had been living in Florida because he didn't report for his sentence on this charge back in 1999. He is parole eligible next Dec. He hoped to go to Pikeville or Morgan County since it is closer to his mom. He asked that at classification yesterday but was shot down. He is pretty street smart and can handle himself well. He is mostly very quiet and unassuming. Most people like him. I told him about what I have been reading on this board and that he should be aware of the gangsters. He said he had already heard about that at SCCF. He is not a gangbanger so hopefully he can stay away from that trash. I am moving up there in the next few months near Cookeville. I will be able to take his mom to see him regularly. I talk to him by phone daily and will contiune after he is moved. Are they able to request a transfer once they are sent there? I will post more about all this once he gets there. I would appreciate y'all keeping in touch.
Thanks. God Bless you. :)

heartbrokenmom1
12-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Has anyone heard about someone being killed at SCCF. Do not know any details just someone told my daughter they heard someone had been killed at SCCF. You know how rumors are, but I have to ask, my son is there also. I talked to him this morning and he said nothing about it. Let me know if you hear anything.

superdreamATM
12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Haven't heard any rumors about a killing. My husband calls me every day and always tells me when something is happening. I will ask him tonight.

djd0522
04-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi MK806.... don't know if you are still logging into the site, but if you are, I was hoping that you could give me some information about parole hearings. My husband is up for his first parole in June and I don't have a clue of what to do to help. Any information from anyone would be great!! Thanks.

superdreamATM
04-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Hubby told me last night there may have been someone whose throat was slashed at SCCF. He was hurrying to call because he thought they'd be locked down today. Anyone know about this??

Odd Mushroom
04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Hubby told me last night there may have been someone whose throat was slashed at SCCF. He was hurrying to call because he thought they'd be locked down today. Anyone know about this??

Gawd - this is getting insane!

superdreamATM
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
It is kinda funny now to hear my hubby complain about other inmates, saying how there are so many who think its cool to be a gangster, drug dealer, or whatever. Maybe he is actually figuring out that home and family are whats important!!!

Odd Mushroom
04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I've been trying to tell Chris this all along. It took this time being aroud these idiots to see how stupid they really are

superdreamATM
04-21-2009, 09:29 AM
DDDUUUUHHHRRR! Will they ever learn? lets hope so! My hubby's problem i think, is that he was hanging out with young guys who thought it was "cool" to be drug dealers and thugs. Maybe now he has realized that ain't cool... being a HUSBAND and DAD are way more cool!!!

BTW, after visit Sunday, he was doing his strip-search before returning to his unit and the guard made him bend over and spread his butt-cheeks. EWW.. i said i hope he enjoyed the view. YUK! ha They could not pay me enough to do that.

superdreamATM
05-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Miss Sanchez, the CO who is always at the checkpoint and pats me down, told me this weekend I was losing weight. I love her... :) Seriously she is a very sweet lady and does not have a chip on her shoulder like alot of the COs there.

Odd Mushroom
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Miss Sanchez, the CO who is always at the checkpoint and pats me down, told me this weekend I was losing weight. I love her... :) Seriously she is a very sweet lady and does not have a chip on her shoulder like alot of the COs there.

She wants ya.....LOL

superdreamATM
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Hush yo mouth!

UKGAL
05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
lol i used to get one guard that patted me down a bit more than what she should of done, it was a full on grope. it never bothered me long as i got in, something i have never got maybe you can answer it for me Odd mushroom how come its ok for lesbians to pat you down but not a guy guard, dont they have the same way of thinking??

Odd Mushroom
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
lol i used to get one guard that patted me down a bit more than what she should of done, it was a full on grope. it never bothered me long as i got in, something i have never got maybe you can answer it for me Odd mushroom how come its ok for lesbians to pat you down but not a guy guard, dont they have the same way of thinking??

Don't know. Maybe because men are dogs and when they are aroused, it is quite noticeable??:confused:
Don't mind, really. It beats feeling myself all of the time.:thumbsup:

heysmom
05-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Hush yo mouth!
According to he scuttlebutt she is actually BI.

Odd Mushroom
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
according to he scuttlebutt she is actually bi.

rolmfao!!!

superdreamATM
05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
ok ya'll pervs...hubby says Miss S. has kids at homes and hubby, she's just doing her job. But she exchanged #s confidence , inmate will tried to hook up a cella lady one time and got a cellphone exchabe and hell to the NAW... Sanchez don't break rules
! she's a sweet hardworking updstanding citizen and i admire that, If she thinks my ass is hot so be it...hahahh..but she does her job and we all , inmates and visitors, like her bunches.Me LOVES HER!!!

Odd Mushroom
05-05-2009, 06:12 AM
ok ya'll pervs...hubby says Miss S. has kids at homes and hubby, she's just doing her job. But she exchanged #s confidence , inmate will tried to hook up a cella lady one time and got a cellphone exchabe and hell to the NAW... Sanchez don't break rules
! she's a sweet hardworking updstanding citizen and i admire that, If she thinks my ass is hot so be it...hahahh..but she does her job and we all , inmates and visitors, like her bunches.Me LOVES HER!!!

Bi curious, maybe?
:p

UKGAL
05-05-2009, 06:33 AM
whats a scuttlebutt?? ive never heard that word before.

i also agree with you odd its better than having to feel yourself up lol,

heysmom
05-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Maybe with 5 kids at home she wants a little SAFE sex:rolleyes:

superdreamATM
05-05-2009, 08:17 AM
P.S. I was a little 'impaired' when i typed my last post. Already on my Ambien.. hah! But anyway what I was trying to say is that she is a wife and mother and supposedly on the up and up. She exchanged # with someone to be friends with and that inmates wife assumed she could get Miss S. to bring in contraband. When what came up, the inmate got in trouble. And anyway Odd, you're right, at least SOMEONE touches my rear end..better than nothing.. hah!

Odd Mushroom
05-05-2009, 10:43 AM
self satisfaction never hurt anyone

healingdaughter
06-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi yall, just wanted to stop by and see what info I can get about SCCF...my dad is currently there, not sure how long. I haven't spoke with him in 13-14 yrs. I tried to write a letter to him last year when he was at Northwest and no response...I don't even know if he got it. Can anyone that has a loved one on the inside possibly help?

superdreamATM
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi yall, just wanted to stop by and see what info I can get about SCCF...my dad is currently there, not sure how long. I haven't spoke with him in 13-14 yrs. I tried to write a letter to him last year when he was at Northwest and no response...I don't even know if he got it. Can anyone that has a loved one on the inside possibly help?

Be sure you have his TDOC number correct. The mailing address is: SCCF, P.O. Box 279, Clifton TN 38425-0279. My husband has been there almost a year and he gets letters the day after I send them. So far nothing has been lost in the mail or anything.

Funbank
06-16-2009, 12:31 AM
My experience is the same as SuperdreamATM. Mail I send gets there the next day. I did try to have the Supply Direct catalog sent but he didn't get it. He told me that he saw the Sgt of the CO's in his pod with two copies in the office but he didn't check them to see if one had his name on it. I ordered stuff for him a couple of weeks ago and he got it in one week with no problems. I just saw him on Sunday and he says the security is getting tighter since they've had escapes at Charles Bass. The warden at CBCX was replaced too. I saw on the news tonight that they had a tornado and some hail and lots of rain but they survived. Thank goodness.
Good luck connecting with your father. Even if he doesn't reply, at least you made the effort. :)

superdreamATM
06-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Funbank, glad you have had the same good experiences with mail. Never a problem sending stuff to my hubby at SCCF. Last night there were tornado warnings so they were locked down. But as soon as that was lifted, he called. I agree with you, Healingdaughter should at least try to send a letter to her dad. He may or may not want to rekindle their relationship. But if it helps her to TRY, then she should.

Odd Mushroom
06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I just saw him on Sunday and he says the security is getting tighter since they've had escapes at Charles Bass. The warden at CBCX was replaced too. I saw on the news tonight that they had a tornado and some hail and lots of rain but they survived. Thank goodness.

OMG! The warden was replaced by Captain Barbee!!! He is a dickhead!! They should have given that postition to the asst. warden. He was a fair man. As well a Captain Scott. (If anyone has a loved one at CBCX, you know)
When Chris was there waiting to be sent, the guild he was in was (attmepting to be) run by gangs. They damaged all of the phones but one and stood by it making the guys "pay" to use it.
When I found out, I called and talked directly to then-Capt. Barbee ( cuz I had the direct extension memorized - he he he) I yelled at him and asked who was rnning this prison: the guards or the inmates???

YAHOO.COM
07-16-2009, 12:03 AM
my fiance is at sccf. This is his first time there, but i do have a little knowledge about it. I know that he is allowed to use the phone pretty much anytime he would like to - in fact a little more often than i would like some times - lol. But he has said there are quite a few things for him to do - he has found books to read - plenty of work out equipment and he knew some people there. He said that comissary is ok, i am waiting on the info to order him a package and to find out if i can mail him his tv back from a previous incarceration. I was told as long as it came from tdoc that they could have it back. He says that sccf is one of the better places to be b/c it is a older crowd and more trades and educational programs. Hopefully visitation forms will be coming home soon since he was just transferred there about a week ago. I would love to have some other people to meet that are going through the same things and can relate to having a loved one at sccf, please feel free to email me.i was just wondering where was he at before the moved him cause they just moved my husband there 2 he was at morgan couny maybe they know each other u never know if u send me something bk please send it 2 my e-mail rebeccahayes24@yahoo.com i dnt know how 2 check my messages on here i mean i know how it wnt let me 4 some reason something about my user name maybe u can help me with that 2 im new 2 all this shot i dnt have a clue u feel me looking foward 2 hearing from u

superdreamATM
07-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey Yahoo, my husband is at SCCF. I emailed you about it. melyssais26 fiance was in the same unit as my husband, they know each other. Seems to be pretty easy to find people in there. Email me any questions. My husband has been there a year this time, but spent about 7 yrs total down there.

sah1211
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows anything about good time and if it is prorated at all? My fiance is at SCCF and he is supposed to be coming home next month 5/10 and no one at the prison is helpful not even his counselors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

superdreamATM
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, he will earn good time credits depending on his custody level and if he is working or taking classes or programs. He needs to bug the crap out of the counselors. They were not helpful to my husband there either, but he bugged them til they gave him his answers. ha ha

sah1211
04-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes, he will earn good time credits depending on his custody level and if he is working or taking classes or programs. He needs to bug the crap out of the counselors. They were not helpful to my husband there either, but he bugged them til they gave him his answers. ha ha

Haha trust me he bugs the hell out of them they just dont want to help anybody. Its ridiculous!

gt1944
05-17-2010, 07:13 PM
My fiance is at SCCF. This is his first time there, but I do have a little knowledge about it. I know that he is allowed to use the phone pretty much anytime he would like to - in fact a little more often than I would like some times - LOL. But he has said there are quite a few things for him to do - he has found books to read - plenty of work out equipment and he knew some people there. He said that comissary is ok, I am waiting on the info to order him a package and to find out if I can mail him his TV back from a previous incarceration. I was told as long as it came from TDOC that they could have it back. He says that SCCF is one of the better places to be b/c it is a older crowd and more trades and educational programs. Hopefully visitation forms will be coming home soon since he was just transferred there about a week ago. I would love to have some other people to meet that are going through the same things and can relate to having a loved one at SCCF, please feel free to email me.

I don't know if I'm even writing in the right place but you seem to be a nice person. You talked about a TV. Can they have a TV in their cell? If so, what size? I would like to get my brother one. He was recently moved there from Charles Bass. How do you get a visitation application? I live iin Florida so it's hard to find out anything. I would appreciate your help.

heartbrokenmom1
05-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone,
I usually am on here everyday but I don't seem to take the time to post. I am sorry. My son has been as SCCF for over 2 years now. If there is anything you need to know about the place I can probably help. You can have a TV in your cell along with radio, headphones, games, cards, books, magazines, clock,. There is a website that you can order your brother stuff from every 3 months. My son was also at CBCX for about 6 months before going to SCCF. You can go on the TN official web site at Tennessee department of corrections and look up SCCF prison and it shows all the rules, regulations, visitation. Anything you need to know. Global is the best for phone. I spend about $50 a month a talk to my son about 5 times a week. I go see him every Sunday. Visits are pretty laid back. We never have any issues but we always follow all the rules. If you do the guards do not bother you. They are stricter than they use to be. They also do not have cookouts at the Annex either. The inmates are not allowed to get up from their table except to use the restroom. They are not allowed at the vending machines or to use the microwave. They use to. The website to order a package for your brother is www.tninmatepackage.com. Word of advise, figure out what you want to order, then call the 888 number to place the order and make sure you get a confirmation number. If you order it on line and they are out of something it does not tell you and then your order is put on hold until they get everything. It could take weeks for him to get it. It usually ships out within 24 hours and takes about 7 business days for them to get it. Do not order any of the new items that have to do with wrist bands or knee wraps. The prison will make him ship it back or send the whole order back. I made that mistake last month. Thought it was cool that they had new items and then they can't even use them. Anyway, I hope I have been of some help. Let me know if you have any other questions.
TT

superdreamATM
05-20-2010, 10:23 AM
My husband spent almost 2 years at SCCF (twice). There are alot of gangs there. It is run by CCA and so the guards seem to be 'wanna be cops'. They tightened up the visit rules. You have to sit where they tell you, across the table from each other. You can hold hands but inmates cannot get up except to go to the bathroom. And yes, you can send them a tv they had at another facility. You can also order books from Amazon.com and send them to the inmates. they get alot of freedom to use the phones too, which is good. Also, the TN inmate package that heartbrokenmom mentioned has the approved tv, radios, etc. that you can order every 3 months.

kellu25
06-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Im planning on visiting my husband at Sounth Central at the end of July, if someone could please let me know how the visit are, im bringing my three young children and my mother. can u visit both saturday and sunday?

superdreamATM
06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Yes, you can visit both days and for the entire time (if the kids can stay still that long--haha). Just remember to stay sitting at your assigned table except if you have to go to the bathroom or to vending machines. And kids can't sit on your hubby's lap.

kellu25
06-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanku. is there a play area for the kids, can u visit outside? also how many ppl are allowed to visit at one time?

superdreamATM
06-03-2010, 09:44 AM
They don't allow kids to play in the playroom anymore. they have to stay at the table with you, and they cannot sit on your husband's lap. He can give them a hug and a kiss upon and arrival and departure. Some prisons do have playrooms and outside visits, but NOT South Central!!!

kellu25
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
It looks like my husband got sent to the wrong prison to bring kids to!!!!! I was gonna bring them for half the day and then let my mom take them out, if they allow that. Does anyone know the area? I need to find a hotel and some stuff for the kids to do.

kellu25
06-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Also how long does it take to get into the visits? I wont be able to get there til about 8-8:30, does that mean I will have to wait a while to get in?

superdreamATM
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
It doesn't usually take too long to get through the checkpoint. Just depends on how busy they are, but usually about 15 minutes. Just make sure you arrive before 10 because once they start doing count, you will not be allowed in til they are done. If your mom leaves with the kids, they will have to leave prison property. There is a motel not far from the prison. I didn't know where you were staying while visiting. The town of Clifton is really tiny and there's nothing really to do! So far, the best prison I've seen for visiting children is Riverbend! And the only way to get in there is to be a death row or max inmate, or know someone and get on a staff job there (like my husband did)!!! South Central isn't too bad for the inmates, but when you visit, the guards WILL enforce their rules.

kellu25
06-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Thankyou, I will definatly get there before 10am, as long as everything with the drive goes well. Im looking for a nice hotel, with a pool. I was thinking of staying in Nashville. I was told it isnt too far away and Im hoping theres some stuff around there. Do you know anything about metal detecors there, am I gona be okay with an underwire bra? Sorry for all the questions, I just dont want to drive 14hrs and have any problems

JTJwife
06-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Columbia is closer than Nashville. There is not any good way to get from Nashville to Clifton. I am sure there is a hotel in Waynesboro, but.........There are a couple of nicer ones in Lawrenceburg, less than a couple of hours from Clifton. Just check out a map of the area and see what is close. Truth be told, Clifton is not an easy drive from anywhere. It is a tiny little wide spot on the banks of the Tennessee River.

Tims wife

kellu25
06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Is Columbia a big town/city, is there alot to do in that area for the kids.

superdreamATM
06-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Columbia is almost 2 hours from Clifton. Small town. Lawrenceburg is about an hour away. Waynesboro is in the same county as the prison and about 30 minutes drive. There is a motel that is almost brand new called the Hurricane Inn, in Waynesboro. Rates are reasonable. The Bear Inn is the closest motel to the prison (about 5 minutes away) and runs about $89/night. You have to drive alot of country roads to get to the prison , so I'd suggest to stay pretty close so you don't get lost! The Bear Inn has a pool, continental breakfast & snacks all day. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you make that 14 hour drive!! Confirm that everyone is on the visit list, and be sure you all dress according to their rules. Otherwise they will turn you away and you'll have to run to the dollar store and buy something else to wear!

superdreamATM
06-25-2010, 09:14 AM
My husband is being shipped back to South Central. I think he's probably on the bus this morning. I am SO MAD at him for getting a write up and losing his job and trustee status. But.. what can I do? Not much. Just deal with it. I hate South Central. Visits suck so bad compared to Riverbend. argghh....

heysmom
06-25-2010, 12:18 PM
My husband is being shipped back to South Central. I think he's probably on the bus this morning. I am SO MAD at him for getting a write up and losing his job and trustee status. But.. what can I do? Not much. Just deal with it. I hate South Central. Visits suck so bad compared to Riverbend. argghh....
Sorry to hear that. I know it was much easier to visit Riverbend than it is SCCF.

amaslow
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
My son is just classified to SCC.. this is his first time in prison.. What is it like, besides strict visitation? How old are the prisoners? gangs? violence?

superdreamATM
07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
My husband is there for I think the 4th time (ugh). I don't particularly like it, but he has learned how to live there. There are alot of gangs and racial tension, poplulation seems to be mostly guys 20s-40s. Not old guys like at Riverbend! My husband has a new cellie who is young and first time in prison, so he will show him the ropes. I would be scared if I were there! Visitation sucks. The guards tell you where to sit, and you must sit across from the inmate. The inmate can't get up unless they have to go to the bathroom. You have to get the food from the vending machines for them. You can hug and kiss when you arrive and leave, and hold hands over the table. The food in the chow hall is horrible. They serve only turkey (every way you can possibly make it). My husband did gain about 50 lbs in prison though, so at least he got back to a normal healthy weight. They have weights, basketball, volleyball when they have rec time. Its pretty easy to get on the phones there too. Unlike in classification, they can make a 30 minute call (through Global Tel-Link). My husband is always able to call back if we are not done talking in the 30 minutes. The prison is way out in the middle of nowhere, but it's a scenic drive.

heartbrokenmom1
07-14-2010, 10:40 AM
The guards are very nice as long as you follow the rules. I have been going for almost 3 years and have never had any problems. The longest it has every taken to get into visit is about an hours. My son was very young, probably the youngest when he went in. You learn to adapt. Tell your son to keep himself busy. It makes the time go by faster. They have soccer and softball teams, weights, basketball, volleyball. The guys play cards alot also. My son is involved in all the above and he keep himself very busy. You can have books sent in from Amazon.com or somewhere like that. He can also get magazine subscriptions. It's best to find a few people to hang with and keep it a small group.
Don't ever get into the position that he borrows from someone else. That can cause lots of issues in prison. My son goes up for parole in a few weeks. Also the parole board likes to see that the inmate takes it upon himself to enroll in classes such as anger management, RDAP, subtance abuse, and such. It looks better if it is not parole recommended. It shows the inmate is trying to better himself and not made to do it. Anyway, if you have any other questions, please IM me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions. Also, he can get a package from www.tnpackage.com every 3 months.

amaslow
07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
My son called tonight and I read your post to him. He said to tell you that he really appreciated it! He seems to be more relaxed about going there. He thinks they will take him on Friday.Do you know how quickly he can call me, recieve mail, get commisary? Will they transfer his commisary money from Charles Bass there?

He said that he heard from someone there that you have to walk in lines??

The guards are very nice as long as you follow the rules. I have been going for almost 3 years and have never had any problems. The longest it has every taken to get into visit is about an hours. My son was very young, probably the youngest when he went in. You learn to adapt. Tell your son to keep himself busy. It makes the time go by faster. They have soccer and softball teams, weights, basketball, volleyball. The guys play cards alot also. My son is involved in all the above and he keep himself very busy. You can have books sent in from Amazon.com or somewhere like that. He can also get magazine subscriptions. It's best to find a few people to hang with and keep it a small group.
Don't ever get into the position that he borrows from someone else. That can cause lots of issues in prison. My son goes up for parole in a few weeks. Also the parole board likes to see that the inmate takes it upon himself to enroll in classes such as anger management, RDAP, subtance abuse, and such. It looks better if it is not parole recommended. It shows the inmate is trying to better himself and not made to do it. Anyway, if you have any other questions, please IM me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions. Also, he can get a package from www.tnpackage.com (http://www.tnpackage.com) every 3 months.

amaslow
07-15-2010, 08:27 AM
I gave all this information to my son.. he had heard there were gangs. My son is 30 and he was hoping to have some guys his age and older there. he heard that you can work out there every day. Do you know if that is true..? Thanks for this information. My son was glad to get it.. i may have more questions for you later..

My husband is there for I think the 4th time (ugh). I don't particularly like it, but he has learned how to live there. There are alot of gangs and racial tension, poplulation seems to be mostly guys 20s-40s. Not old guys like at Riverbend! My husband has a new cellie who is young and first time in prison, so he will show him the ropes. I would be scared if I were there! Visitation sucks. The guards tell you where to sit, and you must sit across from the inmate. The inmate can't get up unless they have to go to the bathroom. You have to get the food from the vending machines for them. You can hug and kiss when you arrive and leave, and hold hands over the table. The food in the chow hall is horrible. They serve only turkey (every way you can possibly make it). My husband did gain about 50 lbs in prison though, so at least he got back to a normal healthy weight. They have weights, basketball, volleyball when they have rec time. Its pretty easy to get on the phones there too. Unlike in classification, they can make a 30 minute call (through Global Tel-Link). My husband is always able to call back if we are not done talking in the 30 minutes. The prison is way out in the middle of nowhere, but it's a scenic drive.

heartbrokenmom1
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
My son works out everyday there in the yard. He lifts heavy and my son is much younger than your son. But if you IM me I will give you more info. The gangs are bad there but just stay away from them, don't owe anyone any money and find some guys that are older there. They don't usually have the attitudes that some of the younger ones have. Not all are that way. My son runs with older guys, some that are lifers. That have helped him a lot. Let me know when he gets there what pod he is in. Such as Columbia, Discovery, Enterprise, and such. He should be able to call as soon as he gets there, he can get commissary ASAP and letters. He can use the phone for 30 minutes but sometimes you have to wait for awhile to get to the phone. He also can shower everyday and they are closed showers, meaning its not one big room they have seperate showers. The guards in visitation are nice. The older guy, Joyce, is real helpful but don't try to pull anything, nothing gets by him. There are vending machines and snack machines. You have to buy a card for $5 and then you can put money on it. Hope this helps.

superdreamATM
07-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree with Heartbrokenmom... stay away from gangs, don't borrow and end up owing anyone because you have to pay it back double, make friends with older guys who can show you the ropes. My husband is 40 and has been in and out of prison for a total of 15 years. He has never been in a gang or involved in gambling or anything else that could get him in real trouble. Seems to be working. Hubby just transferred back to SCCF and said Officer Joyce is now working the sallyport. He was always nice to us in visit, but tried to act like he was in charge of the VG, and other guards made fun of him. The younger guards are nicer. They seem to not be too uptight about things.

amaslow
07-26-2010, 05:49 PM
My son arrived at SCC today. I forgot to ask him what pod he is on,but he said that he thought they would move him to a different pod in a couple of weeks. Is that the way they do it?? Is there any minimum security there?? How long do they stay locked up during the day? I printed off the visitors hadnbook, but I was too anxious to absorb it.. Can you bring food in?? I am a little surprised that I am feeling emotional about this. I thought I was prepared..My son said he thought he was going to be able to lift weights tonight and he was excited about that. I was glad that he could call me.. he thought the guards are nice. so far..Whew.. I hope this is the end of his criminal career!!

kellu25
07-26-2010, 07:53 PM
My husband has been there for a few months now and so far its not so bad. My husband was transfered to a different pod after about a week or so. They are locked up during count time but other than that they can move about, my husband can call whenever basically. The best thing my husband has done is started his job, it helps kill the time and our phone bill!!

superdreamATM
07-27-2010, 08:24 AM
It seems to be normal for inmates to get transferred to a different pod after a few weeks. It doesn't really matter which pod they are in, they are about the same. I think they have count 4 times a day and they are locked up during that time. Other than during count, they can make phone calls and they are not locked up. I believe around 6:30 they are out in the morning for breakfast, and then 9:00 pm is when they lock down for night. If your son gets a job or into a class, that will help make the time go by. Also he will get more credits (time taken off his sentence). They have weights, volleyball, handball, a jogging/walking path. The food is terrible and loaded with carbs, so it seems like everyone gains weight!

amaslow
07-31-2010, 07:52 PM
CAn anybody tell me aabout ordering books from Amazon? Does is have to be paper back only? Is there any limit to the amount they can recieve? Is this a special division of Amazon?

heysmom
07-31-2010, 09:31 PM
CAn anybody tell me aabout ordering books from Amazon? Does is have to be paper back only? Is there any limit to the amount they can recieve? Is this a special division of Amazon?
I order all the time. Just go to Amazon.com-type in the name of the book(I buy used ones) from .99. I cant answer for SCCF but at STRCF they can have either one and there is no limit.

Funbank
08-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I send books to SCCF all the time. There is no limit I know of. I have sent up to 8 at one time. Hard back or paper back are allowed.

superdreamATM
08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I thought the inmates could only have paperback books. I do know that whatever you order MUST come from the distributor or publisher. You can't send them yourself. I order from Amazon alot.

amaslow
08-05-2010, 07:17 AM
There was a stabbing there Tuesday night.. Actuallly 2 stabbings.. They were on lockdown...

superdreamATM
08-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Didn't know about the stabbing. My hubby didn't mention it. Which pod was it in??

amaslow
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Columbia

kellu25
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
I talked to my husband yesterday and he didnt mention anything either, must of been another pod then his.

heartbrokenmom1
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
in was not in Columbia B pod either. My son said someone got beat pretty bad and that they were on lock down because of it. He never mentioned a stabbing either

amaslow
08-07-2010, 10:48 AM
It was Columbia A...My son said they took 4 guys out in handcuffs...which at first baffled me.. aren't they already in prison.. where else is there to go? Apparently there is another building they take them to.. He said he heard that 2 guys were stabbed and air lifted to a hospital..:eek: It was all gang related.. very scary.

kellu25
08-10-2010, 07:01 AM
In 3 weeks I will be going to visit my husband for the 1st time in South Central, we are traveling from NY so I want to make sure I do this right. Are you allowed to wear underwire bras? Also one of the ladies there told me that you have to be careful of what logos are on your clothing, Im sure they mean gang related stuff, but will my kids beable to wear nike shirts or stuff like that? One more thing, the no flip flops, does that mean just the sandals with the strap between you toes? Thank you for any help.

heartbrokenmom1
08-10-2010, 10:23 AM
About visitation at SCCF, you cannot wear any type of shoe that goes between the toes. For the clothes, make sure it is not to tight and if you raise your arms above your head your midsection cannot show, you cannot wear plain white shirts, be careful on the logos on the shirts, anything that might be considered gang related will not be acceptable, as with no drugs or alochol on the shirts, make sure the sleeves are long enough and you cannot show any of your chest area. The shirt must be very high to not show hardly any skin. No skulls on the shirts either. You can wear underwire bras but it will set off the metal detector, you just have to go through it with your arms across your breast area and walk slow through it. Pants cannot be too tight either. Hope you have a good visit. The guards are very nice. You will need to have a $5 bill to buy a card and then you can put cash on the card to spend at the many vending machines. The inmates are not allowed to go to the microwaves or to the vending machines. Hope this helps make your visit a more positive one and less stressful. Oh yea, also you can bring in card games so you have something to do while visiting. Make sure you put the cards in a ziplock baggie out of the box.

kellu25
08-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much! That definatly helped, i dress pretty conservative anyways but I will bring an extra shirt and capris just in case. One more thing can my daughter wear a sun dress, if it has no sleeves?

heartbrokenmom1
08-10-2010, 08:42 PM
no all clothes must have sleeves

kellu25
08-10-2010, 08:46 PM
ok thankyou! Im soo nervous, I just want it to go good. do you know what kind of i.d. i should bring for the kids, besides a birth certificate and does it have to be the original

amaslow
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
gee. strict dress code.. I am thinking.. can you wear skirts? How tight is tight on the jeans? You can only spend $5 while you are there? How long do they let you stay? Once you are in, do you have to stay the whole time? Are we talking for the main prison or does all this apply to the annex too?

kellu25
08-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I cant say for certain on everything but I know that the card for the vending machine cost $5 and then u just add money on it before you go into the visiting area.(at least thats how it was at morgan). I think the visits are from 8-2:30. you dont have to stay the whole time if you dont want to. I will know more in 3 1/2 weeks!!!!!!

superdreamATM
08-11-2010, 09:37 AM
NO sundresses or sleeveless anything. Even if sleeves are too short (cap sleeves) its a no-no. You can wear a dress or skirt as long as its knee length and no wraparound or slits. You can wear capris. I stay safe with jeans that are not tight, and a plain shirt. Plain colored tshirt or polo type shirt. I have worn logo shirts but they are pretty tame (ie, from a vacation spot or just a picture of a kitty or something). NO shoes that go between your toes. To be safe, you can wear tennis shoes or even crocs. No flip flops of any type. No skin showing if you lift your arms or when you sit, you better not have your panties or "plumbers crack" showing (hahahaha). Sorry but i have seen that before and the guards didn't like it. You can visit any time between 8-3 but around 10-11am they do count and you have to wait. Also when they are doing afternoon count and you are in the visit room and want to leave, you can't until they are done. They won't let the inmates go back to their pods during counts. If your underwire bra sets off the metal detector, they usually ask and they say ok. Cross your arms in front and it sometimes prevents it. When you get frisked you go in a room and they barely pat you down, make you shake out your bra to make sure nothing is in there (ie, contraband or money). The debit cards for vending machines take a $5 to get a new one, but I think you can put up to $50 on them. I usually spent at least $20 per visit for my hubby and me to eat. Food is kinda crappy and the ice cream machine is always broken!!!!! Its always cold in the visit gallery too! If you have any trouble with clothes, you can run to town to Dollar General and get something else to wear. Just stay conservative and you'll be ok.

kellu25
08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
what kind of id do i need to bring for the children besides birth certificates, and do the b.certificates need to be the original?

superdreamATM
09-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know if South Central is on lockdown? I haven't heard from my husband since Sunday. He usually calls 2 or 3 times a day. I'm starting to worry!

kellu25
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I just talked to my husband this morning and he didnt mention anything.

heartbrokenmom1
09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Everyone that visits must be pre approved before visiting. Visitation is from 8 to 3:15 pm/ You do not have to stay the whole time but when it is count you cannot leave. Count is usually around 10:45 until 11:30 to 12:00. Again at 1:15 you cannot leave until about 2:15. Make sure you take a deck of cards so you have something to do while visiting. If you have any other questions I will try to help. My son was released on parole 2 weeks ago but I will help answer any questions you might have.

JTJwife
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Be prepared to remove your shoes to go thru the x-ray machine. Your jewelry will also have to come off to be x-rayed. No watches are allowed. On Monday they made me take mine back to the car, that they did not have a place to put it even though I saw coin operated lockers. I took a long sleeve shirt because the visitation room is cold. I had a bit of a conversation with the female guard in the visitation area as to whether my shirt was a shirt or a jacket. I put the shirt on and buttoned it up, poof, a shirt. Coats and jackets have to be hung up, not allowed at your assigned seating table. Your hands have to stay above the table, no touching above the wrist.

Take a big healthy dose of patience, you are going to need it. You will be dealing with a bunch of small town, ego full burned out bunch of people who have absolute control and love flaunting their control. Does it show I am not impressed? Just in case any CCA people are reading................you don't have to be nice...just don't be openly rude.

Tims Wife

amaslow
09-10-2010, 11:54 PM
My son is in the annex now. Anybody had visitation there?

JTJwife
09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
On my trip to South Central on Monday I learned a few things. Soon they are going to ban and enforce the ban on metal under wire bras. And if you go thru the metal detector and set it off, you are going to have to go to the end of the line. (If you have a documented metal implant you are ok) And in whatever booth they watch visitation from they list whose visitors set off the metal detector and these inmates are watched a bit closer (documented metal implants excluded). I know for sure about the metal implants, I have one and wanted to be sure I was not sent to the end of the line or brought closer watch for hubby over it.

Tims Wife

superdreamATM
09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
That sounds ridiculous! How did you find out? Trust me they do NOT want me wearing a non-underwire bra! And almost everyone who goes through sets off the alarm. The TDOC-staffed prisons have their metal detectors set lower. I have only set one off 2 or 3 times. But at SCCF I set it off every time. I told them I have staples in my stomach and guard who was there before knew it and was OK with it. The new guy who looks like he's 15 years old asked if i had a doctor's note. I said um no it has never been an issue! Even the metal detectors at the airport don't pick it up. I friggin hate South Central's visitation! I am so mad that my husband had to go back there !

JTJwife
09-17-2010, 07:01 AM
I heard them telling a couple of visitors about it. That is when they were telling these ladies that they were going to make the new rule about if you set the metal detector off that you have to go to the end of the line. That is when I asked about the metal implants.

Consider yourself lucky that you were able to get in without a doctors note, I would not have been allowed in without one. That one woman there, whew...........she is a something else.

Tims Wife

amaslow
09-18-2010, 04:58 PM
do visitors for the annex go through the same entry point?

JTJwife
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think so, where is why..................Some people came into the main visitation and said they were trying to visit the annex. They were sent to the building at the bottom of the hill. There is a guard shack at the entrance, the old guy at the shack comes out to your car and you can ask him.

Tims Wife

superdreamATM
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
i was told that annex visitors have to go to the main checkpoint FIRST and then they are directed down to the annex. Not real sure how it all works.

superdreamATM
11-10-2010, 08:14 AM
My hubby was in RDAP the first time he was at SCCF and it was a good pod. Now he is in a horrible pod (Apollo), lots of fighting, yelling, etc. and he hates it. He said he requested to go to Enterprise for some kind of program they have up there. Anyone know about it? I only talked to him real quick so he didn't explain. not sure if its a class or a job or what. I know i sure want him in a calmer pod! We can't hardly talk on the phone with all the yelling in the background!

kellu25
11-10-2010, 08:05 PM
My husband was in Appollo also and it was bad, we could barely hear each other on the phone, recently he was moved to the Annex and honestly its not much better with the yelling, but there are less fights. I thought my husband would have been so much happier there but hes not at all. Of course it might have to do with his board 4 weeks away and just being anxious.

Stingingfork
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi,
I was hoping someone might be able to fill me in on the specific website where I could order shoes, clothing, etc. for my grandson. I was told that I couldn't bring any of those items to him but the lady that answered the phone @ SCCF told me a little about being able to ship him basic items that I'm sure he'll need this winter since he's already written to let me know how cold they keep the facility even during the fall.
Also I sent in the visitation forms for my wife and I but never received confirmation of there acceptance from the facility but the grandson did write and let me know supposedly we had been approved. I just didn't want to drive over 4 hours and find out he was mistaken. :confused:
Thanks for any help and info that you could offer.

Fancy
11-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi,
I was hoping someone might be able to fill me in on the specific website where I could order shoes, clothing, etc. for my grandson. I was told that I couldn't bring any of those items to him but the lady that answered the phone @ SCCF told me a little about being able to ship him basic items that I'm sure he'll need this winter since he's already written to let me know how cold they keep the facility even during the fall.
Also I sent in the visitation forms for my wife and I but never received confirmation of there acceptance from the facility but the grandson did write and let me know supposedly we had been approved. I just didn't want to drive over 4 hours and find out he was mistaken. :confused:

Here are some links to get you started. Call the facility and ask for the visitation staff, they will let you know if you are on the list.

https://www.tninmatepackage.com/Home.aspx

https://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/index.html?ProgramID=29

And of course, the main website. Over to the right you can find some links about policies and procedures regarding inmate packages. They can only get packages every so often.

http://www.tn.gov/correction/

Your grandson is lucky to have family that cares! :)

Stingingfork
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Fancy,
Thank you for the quick follow-up. The TnInmatepackage site was exactly what I was looking for. I will take your advice and call the visitation staff tomorrow. :)

amaslow
11-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi,

THey told my son I was approved to visit and about 3 weeks later, I got a confirmation in the mail. Just google tn prision packages and that site will come up. Call them to place your order to make sure you get it right. God bless you grandson.

JTJwife
11-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Hubby is in Columbia. When we talk on the phone it sounds like he is at a zoo or something with all the yelling in the background. There are quite a few fights in his pod. He wants to go to another because that Buttram woman/counselor is such a hateful hag.

Today when I was there, once again I heard the staff direct some visitors to the check in at the annex, so I do not know.

Tims Wife

amaslow
11-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Hubby is in Columbia. When we talk on the phone it sounds like he is at a zoo or something with all the yelling in the background. There are quite a few fights in his pod. He wants to go to another because that Buttram woman/counselor is such a hateful hag.

Today when I was there, once again I heard the staff direct some visitors to the check in at the annex, so I do not know.

Tims Wife

My son had dealings with that women too.. when he was in Columbia. I called some man there when my son thought he could get to the annex and he made it happen right away. That women is incompetent. The man I talked to indicated that he agreed that she is not too sharp..

superdreamATM
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
She was my husband's counselor for almost a year and he said she never wanted to help the inmates. I met her and she was nice, but as far as her job, he said she seemed pre-occupied with other things besides helping out an inmate. she WAS good at updating the phone list right away.

superdreamATM
11-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I can't find the thread where someone put a comment about Thanksgiving pictures at South Central... but hubby said yes they are doing pics and to find out what time and when (I think Saturday the 27th)... help anyone?

JTJwife
11-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I have been seeing signs posted in visitation about the pictures being taken, for $5.00 money order, two of them.

Tims Wife

superdreamATM
11-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks JTJWife for your post and your PM. I haven't been to visit hubby for about a month so haven't seen the signs. I'd rather NOT have reminders of him being in prison, but on the other hand, we haven't had a picture together since March 2008!

Friends2TheEnd
03-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Planning to visit my friend in South Central as soon as visitation form is approved. Can anyone give me updated info on whether or not the underwire ban has taken effect? Any new visitation tips I need to be aware of?

Thanks so much in advance. I'm so glad I found this forum!

Fancy
03-10-2012, 08:34 PM
No direct info about that prison.

However, at NECX is you do not make it thru the scanner, then no visit. And they are becoming less and less willing to let you "go change".

I recommend not wearing anything that might keep you from getting into visit. Have a nice and safe visit.

TonysBabay
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Is it the same @ MCCX about the underwire? I get buzzed every time at south central and thankfully there is at least one guard I know down there and they let me go on through but i tell you I sure hate getting felt up and i mean really felt up when they pat me down. That one latina guard, I think her name is Gonzalez or something, shes a pill. She put her hands up under the bands of my bra under my breasts and ran them up between my breasts and i was like hello? Should I take my shirt off here or what lady?!! I guess where I am so big busted they think i have got a tackle box in there.

Friends2TheEnd
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
All I can say is WOW. Sounds like I better prepare myself for a possible up-close-and-personal introduction to the guards?:(

Fancy
03-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Seriously, the guards touch on me more than they allow my hubby to touch me...LOL

And Seriously, depending on the guard, if you can not make it thru the large metal detector, they will simply send you home....no go and change, no wanding you, no feeling you up...you buzz the detector, then you can just take your goodies and go home with no visit.

At NECX they did vehicle searches last weekend, the drug dog was all over my truck, sitting in my extended cab......

JTJwife
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I dont think they should send you home if you cannot pass the detector, just move you to the back of the list. I have seen them spend a great del of time with someone and leave the rest of us waiting.

One week one part of clothing, and next week that piece of clothing is not allowed.

There was one guard worse than Gonz (whatever). One guard kept on and on about me shaking out my bra until I just had to pull it up and flop the girls out. I have not seen her in quite some time.

Gotta watch out for Captain Giggles (Rash-at visitation) he has such a chip on his shoulder, he just looks for reasons to end your visit. I have never seen such a miserable person in my life. According to some of the other guards, he is the whore of the prison and tries to poke most any female there. And he got into trouble once for trying to mess with a visitor. I find that hard to believe..........why would he think that someone would want to mess with him.

Tims Wife

fauxgirl
03-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Actually Pulaski is closest to South Central (Clifton), but really isn't that close! Are you trying to get a new cell phone # or what?? I think if they have Waynesboro phone #s that would be a local call.

even though waynesboro is same area code the next 3 digits aren't local. i have a waynesboro # through hosted numbers and send the m.o. to GTL and each call is about 3.80. have been trying to figure out how to get a clifton # for some time now with no luck. considering getting it through magic jack. someone please clue me in:::confused:

LynKay
03-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Planning to visit my friend in South Central as soon as visitation form is approved. Can anyone give me updated info on whether or not the underwire ban has taken effect? Any new visitation tips I need to be aware of?

Thanks so much in advance. I'm so glad I found this forum!

Best bet is to think ahead and try to out think them. They wont let ya leave, change & come back anymore. And they have become REAL difficult about a lot of things. pants too tight, shirt too tight/low cut, too much arm showing.... it seems to never end. And there are some c/o's that take their job MEGA seriously.
Good luck. I envy you. I can't wait to visit some day....

TonysBabay
03-26-2012, 04:34 PM

Tims Wife

THats the pod my man is in.. he said she is a pill too.

TonysBabay
08-25-2012, 10:41 PM
So my man is at SCCF and now he went up for reclass and they shot him down, even tho he has been in absolutely no trouble. Even works in one of the shops. I dont get it. Is this something common? He has been trying to get his incentive move for 6 months. I just dont understand. He is in the honor pod and all that and they wont let him reclass to Morgan county. Someone advise me here.

BSTforme
10-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Is it the same @ MCCX about the underwire? I get buzzed every time at south central and thankfully there is at least one guard I know down there and they let me go on through but i tell you I sure hate getting felt up and i mean really felt up when they pat me down. That one latina guard, I think her name is Gonzalez or something, shes a pill. She put her hands up under the bands of my bra under my breasts and ran them up between my breasts and i was like hello? Should I take my shirt off here or what lady?!! I guess where I am so big busted they think i have got a tackle box in there.

gonzales and pettigrew are the rudest ones there

BSTforme
10-26-2012, 08:43 AM
so my man is at sccf and now he went up for reclass and they shot him down, even tho he has been in absolutely no trouble. Even works in one of the shops. I dont get it. Is this something common? He has been trying to get his incentive move for 6 months. I just dont understand. He is in the honor pod and all that and they wont let him reclass to morgan county. Someone advise me here.

just be patient its all about the numbers

BSTforme
10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
i dont think they should send you home if you cannot pass the detector, just move you to the back of the list. I have seen them spend a great del of time with someone and leave the rest of us waiting.

One week one part of clothing, and next week that piece of clothing is not allowed.

There was one guard worse than gonz (whatever). One guard kept on and on about me shaking out my bra until i just had to pull it up and flop the girls out. I have not seen her in quite some time.

Gotta watch out for captain giggles (rash-at visitation) he has such a chip on his shoulder, he just looks for reasons to end your visit. I have never seen such a miserable person in my life. According to some of the other guards, he is the whore of the prison and tries to poke most any female there. And he got into trouble once for trying to mess with a visitor. I find that hard to believe..........why would he think that someone would want to mess with him.

Tims wife
obviously you have not been there in a while rash is gone and yes he was bad.

JTJwife
10-28-2012, 06:40 AM
I am there every Saturday. Look at the date of the post, obviously.

Tims Wife

TonysBabay
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Which one is Pettigrew? I dont remember her. But I don't remember them unless they rub me wrong any ways lol.

wendalyn12
11-10-2012, 04:34 PM
:confused::confused::confused:My husband is at sccf and we got married over a month ago, we were in a small room for all of ten min from beginning to end. They didnt allow us to talk or communicate in anyway simply say i do and depart. Sad because i drive from Florida each time. I to have a felony charge from four yrs ago. Ive overcome it and moved on changed my life in everyway. Im in my fourth semester in school and about to transfer to Univ. so i can continue and recieve my masters in Social Work and minor in Psychology, After a few weeks of putting in a second visitation form i call they tell me that after a felon marries an inmate there is a six mth waiting period before they can visit.
Sadly i called today in hopes that since people with restricted visits can stil have visits that i might be able to see my husband who i so desperatly need and miss. the answer was straight no you have to wait six mths. How is this fair???? I get five min with my husband then no communication for six mths. It says that the warden can otherwise approve guests, can anyone offer advice and where to go next i just cant accept no without a fight knowing i tried everything.

wendalyn12
11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
So my man is at SCCF and now he went up for reclass and they shot him down, even tho he has been in absolutely no trouble. Even works in one of the shops. I dont get it. Is this something common? He has been trying to get his incentive move for 6 months. I just dont understand. He is in the honor pod and all that and they wont let him reclass to Morgan county. Someone advise me here.
My husband also has been trying for a transfer from there its an awful place and they are not for the men there. They dont do their jobs not sure if its to be mean or if they are lazy. But my husband has also done everything necessary for transfer and no results ive wrote reclassification coordinator and called him personly, even went as far as requesting transfer typed up and notarized from my husband and mailed it as well as faxed it. still no results just yesterday i submitted a letter to nashville on just this subject maybe you could as well so that if they get enough complaints they will have to look into it. :o:o:o

JTJwife
11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Being an old timer around here, let me tell yall this.........it is all about money. CCA makes money for each inmate they have. Without a valid reason they are not going to transfer anyone out. About the only way to get transfered out is to get into some kind of trouble, gang, with guards or something and then you will go.

As far as people doing their jobs........HA!................The people that work there are there only for a pay check. Ask any of them. As long as they draw that check, they are happy. And no, they do not care about the men there. As my husband and I have been told, "you should have thought of that before you (insert crime here) and came to prison".

I am hoping with the financial mess the state is going to find themself in the end of the year, with the cuts from the federal goverment that in a way to help reduce the budget that some non violent offenders are released early. The county jails are full of state inmates and if the state cuts payments to the county jails a lot of the county jails are going to stop housing state inmates. Who knows. All I know is at the end of all this, my husband will be home and they will still be assholes and the prison system in Tennessee will be a shame and a disgrace.

Tims wife

TonysBabay
11-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Well I tell you what. I think the way they figure the time is all messed up. I wish i could actually get a real time on what he has left. The FOIL says his release aint till 2028 but according to what was sentenced to him it should be 5 years sooner. IDK how you can really tell but I am up to my eyeballs in the nonsense. I can relate to what you are going thru with the marriage and all that. I am not a felon but I have had to go long periods of time without seeing my man and it is very hard. But you have to be strong and it will all work out. Inmate wives are a whole different breed of person to me. Lol. It defines who can take it and who can't. Best of luck to you.

slbjdb258
01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
My man has been in for 20 years... I learned from working for TN Medicaid, Governor requests get done first... SO anytime I want to get something done I go straight to the top... I write to the Governor:
Office of Governor Bill Haslam
1st Floor, State Capitol
Nashville, TN 37243

Call him:
Primary (615) 741-2001

or email him:
bill.haslam@tn.gov
When the governor hands a request to the Department of corrections it is an official request.

I bet he hates to see or hear my name now! LOL

TonysBabay
02-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks!!! He is up for another incentive move soon so hopefully I can persuade him to let me nag the gov a little bit. What can it hurt ya know??
I haven't been down to SCCF lately, is there any new drama with the visits? I am planning to go this weekend so I was after a little heads up lol.

InFL
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I guess my nephew was very lucky. He was at a CCA facility, but he was moved from WTSP because of a clerical error in his charges. Once they were straightened out (with me calling all over the place) he was transferred to MCCX annex.
I guess you just have to keep trying. The more I read the more I realize how lucky he was to be moved.

JTJwife
02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
On time caculation: Another magic 8 ball trick. There seems to be no rhyme or reason how time is caculated. You can get all the dates related top this charge, call the corrections department and they can help figure his good time, etc.

Tims wife

Mikey's_Wifey
03-20-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure where to put this. So I apologize if it's in the wrong section. I haven't heard from my hubby and I've heard from another inmates wife that they moved him to segregation. When can I expect to hear from him?