View Full Version : Northwest Correctional Complex

CINDYinIN
12-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Because each prison is a little different, I thought those of us with knowledge about phones, mail, visitation, quirky rules, etc. at a certain prison could post in each prison's thread to give new people some much needed information. Please post any information you have about NORTHWEST in this thread.

Thanks!
CindyinIN

flchickie
05-28-2006, 08:40 PM
From my experiences Northwest is pretty basic. Mail takes a long time to get there. Make sure you have thier number next to the name. They can reciev stamps. If you send money it must sbe a money order or cashier's check made out to the inmate with his number and your name and address, you must sbe on his visitation lists so that they have your information on file. Access pacakages must be ordered and recieved in the correct month. Books must be sent by a bookstore not from an individual. If someone has questions you can email me and I will be happy to answer. My son has been there for two 1/2 years now. I don't check my mail every day but try to check in every week.
Stay strong and stay in touch with your loved one.
flchickie

Neca Blacc
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
My husband has been at NWCX for about 3 years, so if anyone has questions I can try to help. The good thing about NW is that they allow you to visit on both Saturdays and Sundays, so if there a holiday that falls on a Monday. I usually spend the weekend so I can see him 3 days straight.

MattelMade
05-30-2008, 01:29 AM
My boyfriend is housed here, I go up for visits and have gotten so many slaps on the wrist there that I can probably answer any questions.

Mrs.Newman
07-14-2008, 12:22 AM
My fiance has been their for 2 1/2 years, so if anyone has any questions just send me a message. I will be more then happy to try to help.

Kaydoodle
09-21-2008, 07:03 AM
I need all the info I can get about Northwest. My son is done with the classification and they are sending him there. Is there alot of gang activity? My son has alot of health issues, do you happen to know how effective the medical staff is there? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

See'ya Someday
09-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Don't know anything about the medical but my husband has been there for about a year and he says they do not have any gang members to speak of and when one comes about they transfer them. They do not tolerate it. He also says the food is great . He was in the main compound for awhile and now he is in the annex which he likes much better. For me it is a long drive is the worst of it. Good luck and things will work out.

MattelMade
10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't know what your husband told you but gangs are rampant there... there's always some gang war or fight going on. My boyfriend has been there almost three years now. The food sucks a$$, especially on the main compound. Medical care there is alright, they are okay about passing out medication. However, this is by the far worst of the Tennessee prisons that I know of and the most violent in my opinion.

Odd Mushroom
10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I don't know what your husband told you but gangs are rampant there... there's always some gang war or fight going on. My boyfriend has been there almost three years now. The food sucks a$$, especially on the main compound. Medical care there is alright, they are okay about passing out medication. However, this is by the far worst of the Tennessee prisons that I know of and the most violent in my opinion.

Is that the one they call "Thunderdome"?

superdreamATM
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't have firsthand experience with NWCX, but i have seen stories about them on TV. I don't know if there are alot of gangs (I think all the prisons have them), but there are alot of pretty hardened criminals there. I think they've got the offenders separated though, with the more violent felons housed away from the lesser offenders. I believe my husbands lawyer said they do.

Odd Mushroom
10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
They all saw that there are no gangs, but that is SO NOT TRUE

coffee_mom
11-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Hello, I am new mother here and what town is NWCX. We are in TN and I was trying to find out all I could on this area and where they would go first and then. He self surrender and is looking at 2-5 non violent. I had hoped of suggesting a possible request place but I don't know much at all.
Thanks

Derek'sPooh
11-01-2008, 04:19 PM
NWCC is in Tiptonville. You can go to the TDOC website at http://www.state.tn.us/correction/
Hope that will help you out and welcome to PTO

heavy
11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
my son is in n.w.c.x.Iwould like to know how meny stamps they are aloud?
My son hasn't bend there but a couple of weeks.I know nothing about this.And I need all the help Ican get.

papisgirl
11-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Well welcome to PTO Coffee_mom and Heavy it's nice to see more TN people! Heavy it's two books of stamps ....and you came to a good place...the ladies here are very knowledgeable so any type of question is open. We are here to help!

coffee_mom
11-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Sorry I wondered into the wrong place. Doing some looking on Fed.

heavy
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello everybody.Could someone tell me about ordering fromTennessee Holiday Package program and Union Supply Direct?
And when should I order for Christmas so I can make user my son gets it in time for Christmas.

papisgirl
11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
www.tennesseepackages.com (http://www.tennesseepackages.com/) that is the link for the holiday package and if you place your order by November 30 they will be delivered by December 19 orders received after November 30 to December 31 will be delivered by January 16.
http://www.tninmatepackage.com/site/index.cfm?categoryID= that is the link for Union Supply they are good about getting the orders out within 5 days, you can order once a month and i would suggest when you place your order you request a catalog be sent to you and your son, it makes it easier to order next time he can just send you the item number.

shanswife
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
;)
HI MATTEMADE......MY HUSBAND IS IN THERE, AND I LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA....:angry:I CANT VISIT HIM....NOR SPEAK WITH HIM THRU PHONE AS IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE..WE HAVE TALKED FEW TIMES, SO, I MISS HIM ALWAYS AND LOT......HE SAID TO ME THAT THERE IS AWFUL THERE AND FOOD IS NOT GOOD AND THERE IS VIOLENCE...I KNOW MY HUSBAND DOESNT WANT TO SAY MUCH TO ME TO NOT WORRY ME.... PLEASE TELL ME HOW VIOLENT IS AND IF IT IS REAL THE MAIL PROBLEM.....HIS LETTERS TAKE SOOO LONG TO GET TO ME TO MY COUNTRY, AND SOME NEVER COME........DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A RADIO SET COSTS? MY HUSBANDS IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE AND I WANT TO KNOW PRICE.
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME, YOU WILL HELP ME LOTS TO COPE WITH THIS WAITING.

Odd Mushroom
11-05-2008, 07:49 AM
;)
HI MATTEMADE......MY HUSBAND IS IN THERE, AND I LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA....:angry:I CANT VISIT HIM....NOR SPEAK WITH HIM THRU PHONE AS IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE..WE HAVE TALKED FEW TIMES, SO, I MISS HIM ALWAYS AND LOT......HE SAID TO ME THAT THERE IS AWFUL THERE AND FOOD IS NOT GOOD AND THERE IS VIOLENCE...I KNOW MY HUSBAND DOESNT WANT TO SAY MUCH TO ME TO NOT WORRY ME.... PLEASE TELL ME HOW VIOLENT IS AND IF IT IS REAL THE MAIL PROBLEM.....HIS LETTERS TAKE SOOO LONG TO GET TO ME TO MY COUNTRY, AND SOME NEVER COME........DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A RADIO SET COSTS? MY HUSBANDS IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE AND I WANT TO KNOW PRICE.
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME, YOU WILL HELP ME LOTS TO COPE WITH THIS WAITING.

Radios cost anywhere fom 11-40 USD

heavy
11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Its me again. Hope everybody had a good day.Its bend one thing after another around hereIjust wanted to cry.Igot a call from my son today.Iorder a cap for him.They told him today that his points is to high.They sent it back,Told he that he could get it next month.
Could some one tell me what that means?And if I order the hat next month can I order the Tennessee Holiday Package Program.How meny package are they aloud in a month.

superdreamATM
11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
There are certain things (such as write ups) that will prevent them from getting packages. My husband is on a 9 month restriction because he failed a drug test when he first went to CBCX. But.. it does not mean they can't get anything at all. just the necessities (underwear, socks, tshirts, tennis shoes are some). Other things are considered "luxury items" such as caps, thermal underwear, sweat shirts.

heavy
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
:mad:Isend my son money.And they keep taking it and putting it on a D@A TEST.Could some one please tell me.How much a D@A cost.My son don't understand.What they are talking about.I heard from him today.He was upset.Ineed to find out about this.I can't call there because it cost so much.They put you on hold.:mad:

superdreamATM
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
They took $30 i think for the DNA test. Its required by the state. And if an inmate has to go to the sick call it's $3 each time. Just keep writing, that will help him out even when you can't call to check on him.

MattelMade
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Shanswife I'll PM you with some details about NWCX.

And hey you guys I posted this already in the main forum but thanks to my incessant b!tching to the warden, holding hands is now allowed in visitation!! WOOHOO!!

Safe Haven
12-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello my name is Pat; I am the chair-person of Safe Haven Prison Ministry in Memphis Tennessee at my church. We are in the process of reaching out to in-mates in the Tennessee area prisons and to offer our support to them and their families.

This summer their will be a summer camp for children to help them with the stress of their parent being away from home. This program is design for only children who parent is incarcerated or in some cases both parents.

We would like to also inform you of our transportation service starting in January to many of the state and federal prison facilities in the state Tennessee.

If you would like more information please contact Safe Haven Ministry at 901 217-3412 or e-mail us at safehavenchildren@mail.org

heavy
12-22-2008, 09:21 PM
My son called me tonight.He said that hes not getting his good time or nothing else knot off.I am so :angry:.They shouldn't told him that if there not going to stand by what they say.
I told my son that Idon't know what good it would do me to talk to the man.But Iam going to call and see what I can do.My son said that he wouldn't give him time to talk to him.I told my son he probley wouldn't talk to me.But I would try.
I am going to cool off befor Italk to any off them at N.W.C.X.:angry:

MattelMade
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Anyone knows what's going on at NWCX? My boyfriend hasn't called in almost a week and I keep trying to call up there but I keep getting a busy signal. Last I talked to him they were on lockdown.

NotherWife2
01-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Mattel, with the extreme ice storm we have in w tn, they have been on lock down -- out for only about 10 min. the ancient phones are not working most of the time. Don't worry, it will be ok soon.

MattelMade
01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks so much I was so worried!

heavy
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Anyone knows what's going on at NWCX? My boyfriend hasn't called in almost a week and I keep trying to call up there but I keep getting a busy signal. Last I talked to him they were on lockdown.

I haven't heard from my son this week.And he calls at twice a week.I didn't know that they were lock down. Are they stell on lock down?
You can't find out anything.It don't do any good to call.

Toby's Girl
01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
I was wondering about the phones at NWCC because my husband usually calls everyday and I haven't talked to him since Tuesday. I know that they had a bad ice storm over there. I tried to call the prison also, and I kept getting a busy signal. I pray that they are doing okay.

heavy
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
I was wondering about the phones at NWCC because my husband usually calls everyday and I haven't talked to him since Tuesday. I know that they had a bad ice storm over there. I tried to call the prison also, and I kept getting a busy signal. I pray that they are doing okay.

My son calls me every Saterday or Sunday.Iwill let you know if he calls.

Toby's Girl
01-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks, I would really appreciate it. I called to check on some hotels there because I am planning a weekend visit and one lady told me that it was really bad there and that alot of people are without power and telephones. She said her hotel was like 5 miles from the prison and they are just now getting power.

heavy
04-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Could someone tell me the phone number to the prison? I miss place it.

superdreamATM
04-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Northwest Correctional Complex
960 State Route 212
Tiptonville, Tennessee 38079
(Lake County)
(731) 253-5000

NotherWife2
04-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I had the biggest burst out in hysterics yesterday when I read her request, it took me back several years when I went to the post office and was so upset at myself because I could not figure out what STATE that Colorado was in. As you can imagine when the clerk told me not once but 2 times that Colorado IS a State and my utter humiliation because I KNEW that, my family has lived there for years. That was when I knew in my soul that this was gonna be a very interesting journey. The Postmaster was there when that happened and she was my neighbor, whenever we saw each other she would quiz me on cities vs states. Hope you all enjoy that tickle.

superdreamATM
04-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Life makes us crazy like that.... :)

wheelergirl
05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
hey.........can you send envelopes too? My fiance is there and he doesn't have either.....

wheelergirl
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
The phone number is 731-253-5000Could someone tell me the phone number to the prison? I miss place it.

wheelergirl
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah......there are gangs there. Don't let anyone tell you different.Don't know anything about the medical but my husband has been there for about a year and he says they do not have any gang members to speak of and when one comes about they transfer them. They do not tolerate it. He also says the food is great . He was in the main compound for awhile and now he is in the annex which he likes much better. For me it is a long drive is the worst of it. Good luck and things will work out.

NotherWife2
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
hey.........can you send envelopes too? My fiance is there and he doesn't have either.....

NO, do not send envelopes. If he is indigent, he can go to either the library or the Chaplain (Chaplain is a better choice).

MyHeartIsMissin
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi my man will be getting transfered here and I was wandering a few things. Could you give me some information about the visitation their, what phone service do they have how much does it cost? How much does it cost for a 30 min phone cal and anything else you think could be useful. Thanks so much :)

From my experiences Northwest is pretty basic. Mail takes a long time to get there. Make sure you have thier number next to the name. They can reciev stamps. If you send money it must sbe a money order or cashier's check made out to the inmate with his number and your name and address, you must sbe on his visitation lists so that they have your information on file. Access pacakages must be ordered and recieved in the correct month. Books must be sent by a bookstore not from an individual. If someone has questions you can email me and I will be happy to answer. My son has been there for two 1/2 years now. I don't check my mail every day but try to check in every week.
Stay strong and stay in touch with your loved one.
flchickie

MyHeartIsMissin
05-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi my fiance' is about to get transfered their. Could you give me all the information you have about this place. Like how is visitation and what phone service provides them and how much is the min. balance to pay for minutes and how much are the rates for the same area code. I would appreciate it thank you

My husband has been at NWCX for about 3 years, so if anyone has questions I can try to help. The good thing about NW is that they allow you to visit on both Saturdays and Sundays, so if there a holiday that falls on a Monday. I usually spend the weekend so I can see him 3 days straight.

Almstbtful
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure what all you know about NWCX, but my ex was there for about 3 years. The gang activity there is rampant! They have a 'gang unit' there. He had a guy get stabbed sitting right next to him when they were eating breakfast one morning because of being part of a gang. It's terrible up there.

Toby's Girl
05-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi my fiance' is about to get transfered their. Could you give me all the information you have about this place. Like how is visitation and what phone service provides them and how much is the min. balance to pay for minutes and how much are the rates for the same area code. I would appreciate it thank you

I don't like to visit at NWCX, they are always watching you. You can visit on Saturday and Sunday, but make sure you are dressed properly. You can only wear one shirt, no flip flops, etc. Some co's are more strict about your dress than others. I have seen them send someone back to the car because their shirt sleeves were too short. You can kiss and hug them when you first get to visit and when you leave, whatever you do, don't put your arm around them during visit, my husband got a warning for doing that. They said that he could drop something in my pocket(lol). There is a nice place to stay if you are visiting for the whole weekend. PM me if you need more information.

Toby's Girl
05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh, I forgot the phone service provider is Global tel-link and I pay $5.95 for 30 minutes. I have a different area code than the prison does, so I am not sure about that. I imagine that it is cheaper.

superdreamATM
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
It is weird that some of the prisons are WAYYYYY strict on dress code and others kinda don't even care. I see people at SCCF , women too provacative, men too scruffy. In stuff that CBCX would have turned away. I guess it just depends on the Visitation C.O. at any particular place and time.

Odd Mushroom
05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I have seen more camel toes than I had ever hoped to see.

Bleh:yuck:

NotherWife2
05-11-2009, 08:30 PM
OK I have never heard the term "camel toes" and I have wracked my imagination to pieces..... and have NO clue Please share with those of us who are not up on the lingo. Thank you!!

Odd Mushroom
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
OK I have never heard the term "camel toes" and I have wracked my imagination to pieces..... and have NO clue Please share with those of us who are not up on the lingo. Thank you!!

Okay. Imagine this:
A woman who wears a size, oh, let's say 20, puts on a pair of jeans or pants that are size 14. Somehow she is able to get them on and fastened. From behind, they are as tight as it gets and are wedged in her butt crack. NOW, turn this woman around and the effect is the same in front but not in her butt crack......
This wedging creates a separation of....well, you get the picture....and this creates the look of a camel's foot (aka camel toe).

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camel+toe#)Camel Toe: A vaginal wedgie("vedgie"), most commonly caused by tight pants that work their way into the crevices of the vaginia making a shape that clearly resembles a camel's toe

superdreamATM
05-12-2009, 09:45 AM
ODD!!!!!!!!! You said what I was thinking but hesitant to write! haha Trey always changes seats with me so he does not have to look at someone's camel toe! ha! I brought his daughter a few weeks ago and she is 11 and heard him whisper to me about camel toe and she heard and I said "you don't even know what that is" and she said "yes i do" and explained it. I laughed so hard i almost peed my pants! then when we got back home she explained it to Trey's mom and stepdad...omg!! His stepdad said, umm listen we don't need you to demonstrate it either... hahahah Thank you S. for making my day! hahahaha

NotherWife2
05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
OMG, I NEVER would have even thought of that. I was trying to picture men and what that could possibly be. I don't ever look at women and I was never on VG duty. oh my --- that is tooooo funny and I will never forget that now. THANK you for answering.... :-)

Odd Mushroom
05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
The mens version of a camel toe is a "mangina"

NotherWife2
05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Shoot, I am sooo far beyond "SPRUNG" on my man that all of this is so new to me, and a place away from Him that I don't even want to come back from ......
THANK YOU for enlightening me!!!! :-)

superdreamATM
05-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Fortunately most men wear pants LOOSE and not tight. Although there is a guy i see in the visitation gallery who wears them tight and peg-legged. ewwww..

Odd Mushroom
05-13-2009, 06:03 PM
One word Wrangler

wheelergirl
05-13-2009, 06:27 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!! You just gave me the best laugh I have had in a long damn time!!! Thank you so much!!:D:DOkay. Imagine this:
A woman who wears a size, oh, let's say 20, puts on a pair of jeans or pants that are size 14. Somehow she is able to get them on and fastened. From behind, they are as tight as it gets and are wedged in her butt crack. NOW, turn this woman around and the effect is the same in front but not in her butt crack......
This wedging creates a separation of....well, you get the picture....and this creates the look of a camel's foot (aka camel toe).

Camel Toe: A vaginal wedgie("vedgie"), most commonly caused by tight pants that work their way into the crevices of the vaginia making a shape that clearly resembles a camel's toe

superdreamATM
05-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Odd cracks me up every time she writes something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Odd Mushroom
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Odd cracks me up every time she writes something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Imagine what I'd be like conversing in person!!

Scary.....:yes::dizzy:

superdreamATM
05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
You, in person... oh lordy.. and if you were drunk, you'd probably start speaking in Dutch too... haha Thanks for giving us something to laugh at! Oh BTW the guy who I call "peg leg" because of his tight pants, Trey said they call him "Stovepipe". He told me Stovepipe let him borrow a shirt for his pics yesterday. Then i got to thinking about this whole camel toe, etc. conversation..hahahahahahah

Odd Mushroom
05-15-2009, 06:09 PM
If "Stovepipe" wears his pants like that, imagine how he'd wear that shirt!
He probably makes a halter out of it like we used to do as kids (before we got boobies)

*3 snaps* Girlfriend!

papisgirl
05-15-2009, 09:22 PM
halter out of it like we used to do as kids *3 snaps* Girlfriend!

Don't play i still do...lmao and that's 3 snaps in a circle. Odd your a blessing of laughter and i appreciate that in you!

superdreamATM
05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
ODD!!! you are so gross! tied halter shirt...eww! PS i still like Pegleg better than Stovepie.PPS i think my husband is weird fo having so many poses in his pics taken. ha GAYASS hahahaha :)

superdreamATM
05-16-2009, 06:44 PM
p.p.s. my computer is so screwy i can't type w/o it skipping around. sorry for typos!

chasitychantae
05-19-2009, 10:00 AM
My husband is being moved to Site 2 today. The Annex. Has anyone visited over there? He has been at Site 1 for a few months now and I have been to visitation there. I hope it is better at the annex

Odd Mushroom
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
My husband is being moved to Site 2 today. The Annex. Has anyone visited over there? He has been at Site 1 for a few months now and I have been to visitation there. I hope it is better at the annex

Any annex is 100x better. Basta!

dee'swife2009
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi i am new to this website. My fiance has been incarcerated for 19 months now. He was recently moved from charles bass in nashville to northwest. He tells me that it is very violent down there and that you have to really stay to yourself. He says that you are always looking over your shoulder. He only gets to talk to me like twice a week because of the cost of the call which sucks because when he was in nashville (where i am ) he would call two or three times a day. If anyone could get me a little info about the place like where to stay if i want to visit the whole weekend i would really appreciate it. thanks,

MattelMade
07-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Did yall hear about A&E visiting up there to make a documentary? It should air in February I'm pretty sure.

superdreamATM
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Have seen snippets about NWCX on tv in the past. My husband is very happy he has not had to go to any prisons in West TN. He says they are bad.

babyslady
07-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi i am new to this website. My fiance has been incarcerated for 19 months now. He was recently moved from charles bass in nashville to northwest. He tells me that it is very violent down there and that you have to really stay to yourself. He says that you are always looking over your shoulder. He only gets to talk to me like twice a week because of the cost of the call which sucks because when he was in nashville (where i am ) he would call two or three times a day. If anyone could get me a little info about the place like where to stay if i want to visit the whole weekend i would really appreciate it. thanks,

I always stay at ReelFoot lake Inn, the owners are wonderful people! If you want the number i can get it for you. Its only like 5 mins from the prison

MattelMade
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I always stay at ReelFoot lake Inn, the owners are wonderful people! If you want the number i can get it for you. Its only like 5 mins from the prison

I always stay at Reelfoot too, it's very affordable and the cabins are pretty cozy.

NotherWife2
08-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Just thought I would share the LEGAL address to NWCX... I have been sending my husband mail to the LEGAL address...
NWCX
960 Tn-212/NEGRO GRAVEYARD ROAD
Tiptonville, TN 38079-4037
and in my uhhhh looking around, I found that the phone number for The Lake Banner is: 731-253-6666 ------------- Now does this NOT tell you EVERYTHING about West TN?? (I have sent mail to just 960 NEGRO GRAVEYARD ROAD, and he got them the very next day, as he does all mail I send) DIRTY, STINKING, ILLEGAL, IMMORAL SOUTH to the core. This showed me WHY no Black Admin has taken NWCX.
Sorry, I am just soooo piXXXXXed off at how TN has gotten away with it all for soooo long.

papisgirl
08-08-2009, 01:22 AM
It's a shame oh so many people just say it's the south and that is the way it is...that is what gets my blood boiling....it was wrong than it's wrong now....

awifey
08-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I am new to prison talk but definitely not new to the prison walk. My husband has been at nwcx for 11 years and we have been together for three. There have been a lot of changes in visitation over that time. I do miss the long kisses we used to have at the end of visit and I do miss him being able to put his arm around me. Laying back in his arms helped me make it through each week. My husband went up for parole on 8-3 and was hit for 3 more years. I thought I would faint but we decided to restructure our relationship a bit, I mean just do things differently to ride out the next three years. He is enrolled in college now and is looking into participating in more programs there. So far, there aren't many programs at NWCX. What ever happened to Corrections? Is there a such thing in TDOC? Just feeling the blues over his parole decision and I am venting a little. This can only be done with people who understand what this is like..

papisgirl
08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Welcome sister solider! Glad you found PTO..I'm in the same boat as you...got hit for another 3, back in Jan..Papi has been in for 16 years...so i walk your walk..and here you can rest ..come here just be....Yes, all the programs have seemed to vanish...vent on sister..keep your self rooted and always remember that storms which always come make trees take deeper roots.

wheelergirl
08-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Are you fricking kidding me about the address to the prison Nother???? What the hell is that about?!!!! I have also heard many stories about NWCX and it is not good and yes it is a shame that TN can still get away with things like that. It is very wrong and things will not cahnge until people change the way they think. What is most sad is that a lot of people are ok with how things have been and want to keep it that way.

beauru
10-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Ive been offline for a long time, but im here to join with you again. my husband is in NWCX since many years ago. now he is waiting, for the PB answer!!!! finally we got to a hearing..im so happy.
i dont want to say negative things but i know through him that there are gangs and that prison is violent there and that theres racism. Sorry to tell u this. Im here for any question.
love, BEA waiting for my love;)
Don't know anything about the medical but my husband has been there for about a year and he says they do not have any gang members to speak of and when one comes about they transfer them. They do not tolerate it. He also says the food is great . He was in the main compound for awhile and now he is in the annex which he likes much better. For me it is a long drive is the worst of it. Good luck and things will work out.

superdreamATM
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I think all prisons in all states have gangs. Hubby is (unfortunately) very "experienced" with the TDOC system and he said Morgan County is the only one that is halfway decent. He said though, it's a "good ol' boy" place, and there is some racism but not so much the gang divisions like everywhere else.

McBethelCat
11-24-2009, 12:45 AM
I have toured the facility twice now for a course at my university.. gangs are very prevelant in the thunderdome (the max security section). and they let it be known.. when we walked through the thunderdome just this last thursday, in the windows the inmates can see out of they were flashing all kinds of gang signs.. the number of signs that i could count were up to 6 different ones, this isn't counting all of the signs and things that are on the inside of the max cells themselves. it was hard to look over at the inmates in the windows because they were flashing more than signs. The Annex (the minimum security and main prison) is actually pretty good about controlling themselves with gang violence, because as soon as they slip up they are shipped over to the thunderdome, but there are gangs there as well and they do stick together. they all are housed together in 8 housing units. We go to hear the inmates that are in the Paiice program. these inmates are trying to show (wayward kids mostly) how not to end up where they are. *i would tell anyone to take a tour*. the workers at the complex even say the food sucks!! if there is anything else that i can answer i will try my best to do so.

heavy
11-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Thank you McBethel Cat.My son is there.He told me the food was not good.Any information that you can give.Will help me a hole lot.
God Bless

wheelergirl
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
My husband is also at Northwest and if you need any help with thiings or have questions feel free to pm me.Thank you McBethel Cat.My son is there.He told me the food was not good.Any information that you can give.Will help me a hole lot.
God Bless

heavy
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you Wheelergirl.My son has bend there for about a year and a 1/2 .He had a job.But got fird for asking a question.My son has never bend fird in his life.Go to prion a get a job and gets fird.Idon't understand that system.I think some of the people there need to let up on there prisoners.Itold my son what go around comes around.I am praying for that lady.And my son.Will he be able to get another job?And how hard are job to find in prison?
Have a Blessee Thanksgiving

God Bless

McBethelCat
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
as far as I know.. According to Tiptonville, they are required to have some kind of schooling going on.. it's not necessarily a job... they either attend school for any schooling that they failed to complete or they are in a vocational course... why he would have gotten let go i do not know, but that is a question that i might have to bring up with the professor that keeps in touch with NW.

[quote=heavy;5073262]Thank you Wheelergirl.My son has bend there for about a year and a 1/2 .He had a job.But got fird for asking a question.My son has never bend fird in his life.Go to prion a get a job and gets fird.Idon't understand that system.I think some of the people there need to let up on there prisoners.Itold my son what go around comes around.I am praying for that lady.And my son.Will he be able to get another job?And how hard are job to find in prison?

God Bless

heavy
12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
[quote=McBethelCat;5085040]as far as I know.. According to Tiptonville, they are required to have some kind of schooling going on.. it's not necessarily a job... they either attend school for any schooling that they failed to complete or they are in a vocational course... why he would have gotten let go i do not know, but that is a question that i might have to bring up with the professor that keeps in touch with NW.

[quote=heavy;5073262]Thank you Wheelergirl.My son has bend there for about a year and a 1/2 .He had a job.But got fird for asking a question.My son has never bend fird in his life.Go to prion a get a job and gets fird.Idon't understand that system.I think some of the people there need to let up on there prisoners.Itold my son what go around comes around.I am praying for that lady.And my son.Will he be able to get another job?And how hard are job to find in prison?

God Bless[/quote

McBethelCat,Thank you for your help.Hope you can find out something.
because ,Idon't understand what is going on.And it don't do any good to call.Because all you get is an answermechins.And they don't call back.
God Bless

MattelMade
02-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know when they are scheduled to show the NWCX documentary they were filming up there a while back?

heavy
02-05-2010, 08:54 AM
My husband wants to watch that .It Ican find out when it is going to be on.
Hope someone will answer our question soon.

Keilakat
02-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Is that the one they call "Thunderdome"?
Yeah they dont call it thunder dome now my man just transferred to the nru and its a whole lot better its all gangs up there i worry a lot

Keilakat
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know when they are scheduled to show the NWCX documentary they were filming up there a while back?
i didnt even know about that when you hear something please let me know when and where i can watch it

Keilakat
02-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I have toured the facility twice now for a course at my university.. gangs are very prevelant in the thunderdome (the max security section). and they let it be known.. when we walked through the thunderdome just this last thursday, in the windows the inmates can see out of they were flashing all kinds of gang signs.. the number of signs that i could count were up to 6 different ones, this isn't counting all of the signs and things that are on the inside of the max cells themselves. it was hard to look over at the inmates in the windows because they were flashing more than signs. The Annex (the minimum security and main prison) is actually pretty good about controlling themselves with gang violence, because as soon as they slip up they are shipped over to the thunderdome, but there are gangs there as well and they do stick together. they all are housed together in 8 housing units. We go to hear the inmates that are in the Paiice program. these inmates are trying to show (wayward kids mostly) how not to end up where they are. *i would tell anyone to take a tour*. the workers at the complex even say the food sucks!! if there is anything else that i can answer i will try my best to do so.

I read on the internet about the tours didnt think people who had family or knew anyone in there could tour i dunno? But i would like to tour the place or watch the documentary they filmed there

Keilakat
02-28-2010, 06:00 PM

I also stayed at reelfoot inn such nice people. . .The whole town shuts down its the only hotel that will actually let you check in before 8 am!!! only down side was check out is 12 and you have to pay 20 extra for a late check out cause i know at the NRU part visitation is til three and i wanted to stay

Keilakat
02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
I am new to prison talk but definitely not new to the prison walk. My husband has been at nwcx for 11 years and we have been together for three. There have been a lot of changes in visitation over that time. I do miss the long kisses we used to have at the end of visit and I do miss him being able to put his arm around me. Laying back in his arms helped me make it through each week. My husband went up for parole on 8-3 and was hit for 3 more years. I thought I would faint but we decided to restructure our relationship a bit, I mean just do things differently to ride out the next three years. He is enrolled in college now and is looking into participating in more programs there. So far, there aren't many programs at NWCX. What ever happened to Corrections? Is there a such thing in TDOC? Just feeling the blues over his parole decision and I am venting a little. This can only be done with people who understand what this is like..

Thats horrible. . I hate the visitation policies . . there crazy we cant touch during the whole visit his feet have to stay under the table and he's so tall its uncomfortable. . .I hope you guys make it through. . Bry goes up for parole in Nov and i just dont know what i will do if he gets denied :( I used to get phone calls all the time but its so expensive he cant anymore

dedicated2glen
03-01-2010, 03:00 PM
my fiance got moved to nwcx today, he and i both are a little nervous. so the ridiclous visitation rules are true. he was at west tennessee state prison and we could have our arms around each other the whole time. its going to suck at northwest i hear but we are hoping he has only 6 more months to go. we are planning on getting married while he is there

dedicated2glen
03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
i have heard that nwcx is the thunder dome? i think that means alot of fightin. my fiance got moved there today from w.t.sp. i heard the visits are going to be really strict compared to w.t.s.p. we are plannin on getting married while he is there, does anyone know about the process of getting married at nwcx? :confused:

dedicated2glen
03-01-2010, 03:22 PM
mattelmade, i have a question, my fiance got moved to nwcx today from wtsp. we want to see each other this weekend but can he get a visit that soon or do i have to wait for seven days, do you know anything aout what it takes to get married there. does the prison use global tellink? i have mins on a global account from wtsp and wanted know if he could use the money to call me this afternoon that i already have on the phone?

NotherWife2
03-02-2010, 12:28 AM
mattelmade, i have a question, my fiance got moved to nwcx today from wtsp. we want to see each other this weekend but can he get a visit that soon or do i have to wait for seven days, do you know anything aout what it takes to get married there. does the prison use global tellink? i have mins on a global account from wtsp and wanted know if he could use the money to call me this afternoon that i already have on the phone?

Here are some links that will help you
1) Main page for Policies n Procedures for TDOC:
http://www.tn.gov/correction/policies/poly.html
2) Visitation for NWCX:
http://www.tn.gov/correction/institutions/visitationmanual/nwcxvisitationhandbook-apr08.pdf
3) Specific to inmate marriages TDOC:
http://www.tn.gov/correction/pdf/503-07.pdf

Now as far as Global Tel Link, you do not have to do anything different - it transfers he can call you from NWCX just like he did from WTSP, NO CHANGE. If he as not already called you, he will as soon as he gets to a phone.

SoAlone81
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
My fiance has been their for 2 1/2 years, so if anyone has any questions just send me a message. I will be more then happy to try to help.

Hello I have a question, I would like to know how the seating arrangments are there. My husband was transferred there about 3 months ago and his grandmother wants to go see him but she's not sure since the last prison he was at didn't have seating to accomodate her. We went all the way down there one day for a visit and she could not visit because the chairs were to small. She is some what handicapped and requires a larger chair or a chair with no sides so before we make another false trip I would like to know more about the seating arrangements there. I would also like to know how far of a walk it is from the parking lot to the gate and how far is it from the front entrance to the actual visitation area, we need to know before we get there so that she can make special arrangements to take a skooter chair or something. I doubt she would be able to walk or stand for a long period of time. I think he is housed in the close unit N-6 site 2, thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

TiffanyRH82
04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
My boyfriend is at NWCX. I am jsut trying to find some people to talk to that understands how I feel. People say they understand but they really don't until they are in your shoes. I miss him so much and can't wait until he comes home. His parole hearing in sometime in April 2012.

TiffanyRH82
04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Hello I have a question, I would like to know how the seating arrangments are there. My husband was transferred there about 3 months ago and his grandmother wants to go see him but she's not sure since the last prison he was at didn't have seating to accomodate her. We went all the way down there one day for a visit and she could not visit because the chairs were to small. She is some what handicapped and requires a larger chair or a chair with no sides so before we make another false trip I would like to know more about the seating arrangements there. I would also like to know how far of a walk it is from the parking lot to the gate and how far is it from the front entrance to the actual visitation area, we need to know before we get there so that she can make special arrangements to take a skooter chair or something. I doubt she would be able to walk or stand for a long period of time. I think he is housed in the close unit N-6 site 2, thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

At site 2 its not far from the lot to the actual gallery. you walk in the door through metal detectors throught a sliding door wait for it to shut show your hand under the black light and enter another door into the gallery. at site 1 it takes a little longer. enter the lobby metal detectors ,walk outside throught gate 1 wait for it to shut behind you. enter gate 2 wait for it to shut. enter the next building,show your hand under black light wait for door to shut so door 2 can open in the visistation gallery. For both Sites you must give the visitation guards the slip of paper with your loved one's name number and housing unit on . it seems like it takes forever for them to go get your loved one. Oh and if you want snacks you must purchase a debit card in the lobby area. make sure you have at least one $1.00 bill to purchase it and then whatever you want to put on it. i think the limit is $20.00. not for sure about protective custody visitation, i just know you have to have an approved appointment to visit them. if you wanr ro know anything else feel free to ask me and i will try to help. the chairs are real big but ok. i've seen people take wheel chairs in there.

juliedustin85
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=TiffanyRH82;5342875]My boyfriend is at NWCX. I am jsut trying to find some people to talk to that understands how I feel. People say they understand but they really don't until they are in your shoes. I miss him so much and can't wait until he comes home. His parole hearing in sometime in April 2012.[/QU My husband was there a few years ago now he is in the county waiting to be shipped again i hope they dont send him there because its a nine hour drive from where i live but i know how you feel so you can write me anytime

sah1211
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows anything about good time and if it is prorated at all? My fiance is at SCCF and he is supposed to be coming home next month 5/10 and no one at the prison is helpful not even his counselors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

heavy
04-22-2010, 08:45 PM
My son is at NWCX.And he get so meny day a month off his sencents for good time.That is if he does everything right.And don't get in any trouble.

superdreamATM
06-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know which channel/tv show filmed the documentary at NWCX? I can't remember if it's MSNBC or A&E or NatGeo.... A friend of mine got filmed and I'd love to see it if it's out there somewhere!

JTJwife
06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Is it on MSNBC.....lockup raw?

Tims wife

superdreamATM
06-25-2010, 10:11 AM
That's what I thought. I watch so many crime and prison shows, I can't remember what i see on which show! I ordered the DVD of the Lockup: Raw series. I think I've seen most of the episodes.

hisrider5132010
07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
my husband is in "PC" b/c a gang wanted him to do something he didnt want to so he asked to be put in "pc" cause they were harrassing him threatening to kill him how long are they usually in "pc" for exactly? he cant call and i miss him and wanna hear his voice so badly

ilovemiles
09-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know which channel/tv show filmed the documentary at NWCX? I can't remember if it's MSNBC or A&E or NatGeo.... A friend of mine got filmed and I'd love to see it if it's out there somewhere!

hey superdreamATM : not sure if you already found out this answer but the show is on A&E and it's called The Squad: Prison Police.

my fiancee told me about them filming forever ago.. and it's been driving me crazy ever since. thought he had gotten confused on what it was... but I found it the other day :) hope that helps!

ilovemiles
09-13-2010, 02:54 PM
hey ladies.. i am new and am SO EXCITED to find a nwcx group!!! i was just at visit this weekend and wanted to give everyone a head's up. the visitation staff told me that they have a new sergeant in charge of visitation so get ready for rule changes... :(

i asked for details but the only 1 that i got was they are going to be REALLY STRICT now on the dress code. you know how they used to let you change your clothes if something wasn't acceptable.. well now you are NOT going to be allowed to visit. are you serious?!? so beware of what you wear.

i am really upset about this cause i drive 3+ hours to see my baby.. but what are you going to do. sometimes they make it impossible to follow the rules. and i think that's there goal.

JTJwife
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
The same thing at South Central. They are soon going to ban and enforce the ban against under wire bras.

Tims Wife

superdreamATM
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM

hey superdreamATM : not sure if you already found out this answer but the show is on A&E and it's called The Squad: Prison Police.

my fiancee told me about them filming forever ago.. and it's been driving me crazy ever since. thought he had gotten confused on what it was... but I found it the other day :) hope that helps!

NWCX and other prisons have been filmed by several shows. The one i was referring to was Lockup. I ordered the Lockup Raw: series 2 set and there are quite a few people who I recognize or who hubby knows. One was his old cellie. Same as Prison Squad, its a little more recent and there are people on there who my hubby and friend know.

ilovemiles
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM
OHHHH... i didn't know that Lockup Raw had been at nwcx!! i will have to check that out. i love that show.. must have just missed the ones that have been there.

sorry for the confusion :)

superdreamATM
09-16-2010, 04:25 PM
OHHHH... i didn't know that Lockup Raw had been at nwcx!! i will have to check that out. i love that show.. must have just missed the ones that have been there.

sorry for the confusion :)

Just do what I do: watch every prison show that comes on tv! haha! Even before it was something I had to deal with personally, I had been watching prison/crime shows alot. Hubby won't watch Prison Squad anymore because he sees too many people on there who he has done time with or been the c/o at his facility!!!

ilovemiles
09-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Just do what I do: watch every prison show that comes on tv! haha! Even before it was something I had to deal with personally, I had been watching prison/crime shows alot. Hubby won't watch Prison Squad anymore because he sees too many people on there who he has done time with or been the c/o at his facility!!!

Well.. i used to watch every one that i could find.. but then i started telling the hubby about stuff i would see on there and he got worried that i would get freaked out or worried from watching them.. so let's just say i am trying to cut back. he would be happy if i didn't watch any but that's not gonna happen.

maybe i'll just dvr them and watch them spaced out. i would LOVE to see all the ones at nwcx :)

hope you had a great day!!! :D

superdreamATM
09-22-2010, 09:36 AM
My hubby doesn't like me watching the prison shows OR talking to people who have loved ones in prison. He said it makes me too paranoid. Alot of bad stuff happens in prison, but he said alot is exaggerated too.

Broken24u
10-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know the website to order a package for my loved one that is at Northwest Correctional Complex? I have looked on Tn dept of Corrections but didn't find it. I am talking about clothing, tv, hotpot etc.

Thanks in advance!

heavy
10-21-2010, 06:01 PM
You can order at www.tninmatepackage.com (http://www.tninmatepackage.com).
Hope this will help you

JTJwife
10-22-2010, 07:29 AM
I thought I was the only one with this odd thing of watching prison shows.

Tims Wife

superdreamATM
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
I thought I was the only one with this odd thing of watching prison shows.

Tims Wife

Heck no.. i was watching every prison and crime show on tv even BEFORE my hubby got locked up! Just something I find interesting. But now it means more to me...

Broken24u
11-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Any one heard about a lockdown at NWCX? My loved one moved there this am and he had heard they were in lockdown. Just wondering if it was so and how long will it be before he is able to call? He was just classified from WTSP to NWCX.

Broken24u
11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Just want to let everyone know that NWCX is NOT on lockdown. My loved one has called me since arriving there. Could only talk a minute or so but all is well.

Thank God!

ilovemiles
11-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Just want to let everyone know that NWCX is NOT on lockdown. My loved one has called me since arriving there. Could only talk a minute or so but all is well.

Thank God!

good to hear!! thanks for the update :) oh.. and yea for no lockdown!!!

Mrs. Hindo
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey Girl,
do you know of anything else that could be going on at NWCX. My husband, said that people are getting shipped out of there this week like crazy. and for whatever reason he said he may not get to call me as often until everything gets back to normal. Just let me know. Thanks

Thank God!

ilovemiles
11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey Girl,
do you know of anything else that could be going on at NWCX. My husband, said that people are getting shipped out of there this week like crazy. and for whatever reason he said he may not get to call me as often until everything gets back to normal. Just let me know. Thanks

hey mrs. hindo - i should talk to my baby today on the phone so i will see if i can find anything out for you too. hope things settle down soon..

have a good day.

LaCrystal
11-28-2010, 04:33 PM

I have been searching for the address to NWCX and have had no luck. Just hopeing that you can help me

Fancy
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I have been searching for the address to NWCX and have had no luck. Just hopeing that you can help me

use this link

http://www.tn.gov/correction/institutions/nwcx.html

TiffanyRH82
12-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Just in case anyone was wondering why they haven't talked to their loved one. The new phones at NWCX are not working at all. The repairmen are working on them right now.I wonder how many days it's gonna take them to fix them this time.

heavy
12-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Igot a called from my son today.He is a NWCX.I couldn't hear him to good.

JTJwife
12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
When I was waiting to get screened for visitation at South Central, I heard the guards talking about getting several shipped in from NWCXand several folks from Clifton were going other places. Do they just move people around at random?

Tims Wife

sheree572
12-17-2010, 09:52 AM
nwcx, 960 state route 212, tiptonville, tn. 38079 phone # 731-253-5000......hope this helps

SVT_MLH
05-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I just found out today that my boyfriend was moved to NWCX. PLEASE tell me all you know about this facility. I have heard some pretty terrible things and it is really freaking me out!!

NotherWife2
05-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I just found out today that my boyfriend was moved to NWCX. PLEASE tell me all you know about this facility. I have heard some pretty terrible things and it is really freaking me out!!
It IS one of the WORST prisons in TN. BUTTTT, they now have a FABULOUS Warden (David Mills). NWCX has been "run" by the former Warden Tony Parker for somewhere around 30 years and he was/is the dirtiest MoFo --- If anyone can fix what Tony Parker did, it IS David Mills. It will take time to reconfigure the mentality there and Warden DAVID Mills can do it. My hubby is at NWCX, I worked under David Mills (and was let go by him yearsss ago) I RESPECT him with my ALL. Take into account that change cannot happen overnight but, it WILL happen. Small steps are already being taken... :):D:cool::)

lilpaulgirl
06-05-2011, 01:57 AM
does anyone kno if the phones was on 2day??

lilpaulgirl
06-05-2011, 02:00 AM
i havent heard from mine since 31 of last month

lilpaulgirl
06-05-2011, 02:35 AM
hey do u kno if the phones at northwest was working yesterday

NotherWife2
06-06-2011, 11:04 PM
i havent heard from mine since 31 of last month

This is what it is there: The Vice Lords and Gangsters have been behaving like the FOOLS they are and stickings have been going on. Lock down happens TO KEEP THEM SAFE from their own moronic selves. Wonderful Warden David Mills is doing the BEST that he can given that he has been "Blessed" with TONY PARKER's CRAP from the last 30 odd years..
Keep the LETTERS going back and forth between you and your loved one, that is the BEST that this ""TIME"" can be.
PRISON is what it is, NOT a good or decent place to be, and the ONLY ones it helps is the States to gain Federal money to keep the challenged down. Let no child be left behind MY ASPIRIN!!! for the MAJORITY, the others, they were just spoiled brats who wanted what they wanted, when they wanted it NO matter what.

P.S. Lockdown will be 20 - 30 days from when it started 2+ weeks ago.

kpkeri
06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Is Northwest correctional complex the prison in TN that boarders Memphis and Arkansas?

NotherWife2
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Is Northwest correctional complex the prison in TN that boarders Memphis and Arkansas?
NO --- Memphis is about 80-90 miles south of NWCX. BUT it is very close to the MO/AR boarders --- Mapquest = Tiptonville, TN (that is where NWCX is) There is no male "prison" in Memphis anymore. On the west side of TN you have NWCX and WTSP (Henning, TN -- just outside of Ripley and south of Tiptonville/Dyersburg/Newbern area).

mygift
06-15-2011, 06:17 PM
anyone heard from loved one at NWCX since sunday?

NotherWife2
06-16-2011, 06:25 AM
anyone heard from loved one at NWCX since sunday?
Yes and first time in 3+ weeks. Don't know what Unit your's is in but my husbands Unit are out 30 mins for rec/shower/phone. Have heard from Hubby for those 30 mins last 3 days. :D

mygift
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
He's in unit 2. No calls from him since sunday evening. Are they on lockdownis visitation open? He was to have visitation this weekend.

NotherWife2
06-16-2011, 05:00 PM
He's in unit 2. No calls from him since sunday evening. Are they on lockdownis visitation open? He was to have visitation this weekend.

When Hubby calls I will ask him about Unit 2. Best thing to do to find out about visitation is to call NWCX and ask if Unit 2 will have visitation, and if you are his legal wife you can ask specifically about him and if he will be allowed visitation this weekend.

mygift
06-16-2011, 09:10 PM
thanks for the info. Called today and they told me he was fine, its the phones, they are out. Being escorted for a 10 minute call.... His friend called a relative and they emailed me. Very grateful. Thanks for the help. :)

mygift
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Still haven't heard from him in over a week and a half. Anyone hear anything about phones in unit 2. I've heard some phones work. Gtl isn't helpful, and were quite rude.

NotherWife2
06-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Still haven't heard from him in over a week and a half. Anyone hear anything about phones in unit 2. I've heard some phones work. Gtl isn't helpful, and were quite rude.

GTL does not own the phones --- Black Box is the company that owns and "repairs" the phones in TDOC prisons. Hubby says there are only a few phones that work in his "unit". I won't get to talk to him again until MAYBE Sunday, have put up a sticky note to ask him to find out about Unit 2 for you. Keep those LETTERS going.... stay focused on him doing the RIGHT things and coming home to you and NEVER going back to HELL!!!

cozumel
08-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Can someone please tell me how the mail works at that facilty. I wrote someone last week. Never wrote to an inmate before but for some reason he peeked my interest. Does it take a while for the inmate to get his mail and to send mail. He probably will not write back but just curious on how the mail system works since I am new to this. Thanks for any and all advice! Sorry meant to type Complex!

NotherWife2
08-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Can someone please tell me how the mail works at that facilty. I wrote someone last week. Never wrote to an inmate before but for some reason he peeked my interest. Does it take a while for the inmate to get his mail and to send mail. He probably will not write back but just curious on how the mail system works since I am new to this. Thanks for any and all advice! Sorry meant to type Complex!
It really all depends on his "game" and/or how sincere he is on doing the right thing(s) to rehabilitate himself etc....
You sent the letter last week, he has gotten it by now and is figuring out how he wants to deal with this new FREEWORLD person walking into his HELL-Life.
I would not be surprised if you get a letter by the end of next week....

dxmalone
08-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Yes this prison is extremely violent i spent 14 years behind bars this being one of several places and at the top of the list. There is no shortage of gang activity. You have to prove some to actively be partisipating in a gang to segregate or reclassify them. This is normally proven only after someone is severely injured or dead.

NotherWife2
08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes this prison is extremely violent i spent 14 years behind bars this being one of several places and at the top of the list. There is no shortage of gang activity. You have to prove some to actively be partisipating in a gang to segregate or reclassify them. This is normally proven only after someone is severely injured or dead.
YOU are 100% correct in your statement!!! I can say this with all of the JOY possible in my soul for TDOC (specifically Northwest Correctional Facility) --- Henry Steward WILL rock this lil pissyasS backwater town up and not only will WEST TN will follow but this is how the SOUTH can RISE again ---- CORRECTLY (not 'right' or 'left' or this n that) ....This will NOT be any kind of "easy" change, but it wasn't an easy-got to this point deal either. I EXPECT those who were done wrong to DO RIGHT now and leave the boo-hoo's behind... And if they chose to stay stuck, I am sorry for their choices of life n death.

papisgirl
08-12-2011, 08:33 AM

AMEN...extremely is so correct. This is true and a lot the young kids who get adult time have to prove themselves when they first get in. Than after the activity is done TNDOC will not only charge the inmate who did the act but also with the person the believe had them do it. It's a cycle that is never ending and will follow them their whole time in there whether a changed man or not. Got me going early this morning.....which is a good thing :caffeine: I welcome you to PTO and glad you are here.

ForeverNAlways
08-31-2011, 07:41 AM
I am totally new to this site and my husband is at west tenn right now but is waiting to be sent to northwest...I have a question he is sentence to 10 years at 30 % about how much time will he do with getting good time and everything? And how long do they have to wait to get a package when they are moved?? And help will be grately appericate thank you

lclar2001
10-04-2011, 10:14 PM

Hi, I have a question. what is nru at northwest? I have a brother there who wants to go to nru. He has low points.

lclar2001
10-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know what NRU is at Northwest?

Fancy
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Most likely the low security annex...if his pints are low then he is a trustee and housed with other low point offenders.

They have many more freedoms and better visitations.

NotherWife2
10-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Most likely the low security annex...if his pints are low then he is a trustee and housed with other low point offenders.

They have many more freedoms and better visitations.

Yes that is correct if his points are low then that is where he would go.
Just take this in to account --- this is THE MOST RACIST 'prison' in all of TN, and with it comes a huge amount of CRAP. Does he feed the white or the black and of those are they the weak or the strong ones?? Tony Parker built this to cater to the weakest of both.
I challenge and KNOW that Warden Henry Steward and Comm. Schofield can either change this to be right and show TN (West TN) that the ole gang had it wrong.... and with this the South CAN RISE and be better than the 'good-ole-boys' ever gave it credit for. !!!! :thumbsup: come on let's do it, or lay it down!!!:cool:

alelephant
03-09-2012, 11:22 AM
i am about to visit nwcx for the first time to see my husband. i was wondering about using the vending machines. the website handbook says something about a debit card for vending machines but some of my friends that visit other prisons told me i need to take quarters. can anyone help me out with this?

Fancy
03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I do not know, but if it is the debit card, you need to bring a 5.00 bill, then some ones also.

I think the first time you get a card, you got to put a 5.00 bill in, then it splits out a card with 2.00 or 3.00 dollars to spend on it. Then you load the card with more money. But you got to have a 5.00.

TonysBabay
03-26-2012, 05:56 PM
At SCCF, you hae to use the debit machine and it does in fact require a five dollar bill. You just take your money in each time and add it to the card. Then you use the card to buy whatever is in the machines. The stuff is expensive and crappy but it beats the slop that the guys have to eat.

Missinmy nephew
07-23-2012, 07:28 AM
My nephew is currently in Northwest & trust me there are gangs in NWCC! If you are injured or become sick in NWCC and do not have money on your books can you be seen in medical?

Gistofit
09-03-2012, 01:34 AM
I have an old family friend I just found out is here. I located his name and charges and where he is located but I don't know his #... Is his TID number the number I need to write him? Thanks! Any help would be great. I really want to get in touch. Also can I send stamps to him to write me back?

aro
09-03-2012, 07:34 AM
I have an old family friend I just found out is here. I located his name and charges and where he is located but I don't know his #... Is his TID number the number I need to write him? Thanks! Any help would be great. I really want to get in touch. Also can I send stamps to him to write me back?

Go to https://apps.tn.gov/foil/search.jsp and put in his name. You will get his TDOC # there. And yes, this number has to be on all correspondances to him. You can also send stamps. Good luck!

His Bonnie
09-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Dies anyone know if Northwest is currently on lockdown? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

countrysgirl 24
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
From my understanding they weren't on lockdown that day but depends on what guild they are in too sorry I know that's not much help

His Bonnie
09-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Thank you for replying. I found out he was in the hole and under investigation so he couldn't call. He is so faithful about calling and writing that I knew something had to be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

heartbrokenmom1
11-06-2012, 11:23 PM
My son just got shipped to NWCC. could someone please tell me about this place. I have heard some really bad things about it being the worst prison in TN. Lots of violence. Any info you could give about this prison would be great. How is visits and anything about the gang activity.

Random79
11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
hi Heartbroken mom,

I believe the rumors are true of this prison. It is known as the worst gang prison in Tennessee. Do you know what his security score is? This can make a big difference.

My loved one was sent here in Feb of this year. He was classified as low security but was put into the compound as there are waiting lists for the annex and NRU which can be quite long (especially since most of the guys who actually make it over there do everything they can to make sure they stay so there is not a long of turnover over there). The compound was not a good experience for him by any means. Lots of gang activity and frequent lock downs that in our experience lasted for several weeks at a time. My loved one spent 4 months in the compound before he made it over to the annex. He complained about the food, budget cuts and constant slop.

However, once he made it over to the annex, whole other story. The annex is much much better. Decent food, inmates treat other inmates with respect, friendship's can actually develop, rules are much more lax, and even the CO's seem to treat the inmates as human beings.

I don't know anything about visitation, as I live too far away. But I would tell your son to do his best and stay out of trouble, and work his way over to the annex. My loved one has met several people who had high security scores, and just kept a good clean record for up to three years to make it over there.

Best of luck to you, your family and your son.

heartbrokenmom1
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Northwest being on lockdown again

Random79
11-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Have you still not heard from him? I am only seeing this now, but feel free to pm me in the future if you are worried about a lockdown. I speak to my bf on a daily basis, he is in the annex, but they catch rumors over there about the compound being on lockdown and reasons for it. I will ask him about it when I talk to him tomorrow.

heartbrokenmom1
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Has any one heard if NWCC is on lockdown or anything else going on over there. I am worried about my son. I have not heard from him in almost a week and he usually calls me every few days. Any info would be great.

lostmybfflove
04-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Does anyone know what is going on there? Mail isn't coming nor phone calls.

His Bonnie
04-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know what is going on there? Mail isn't coming nor phone calls.

I got a letter from my love yesterday but I don't know about calls because he's in the hole right now and they aren't allowing him calls.

lostmybfflove
04-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks, I am not sure what to think. I have been waiting a week for him to call. Put the wrong number on his call list. And haven't received any mail.[

quote=His Bonnie;7127836]I got a letter from my love yesterday but I don't know about calls because he's in the hole right now and they aren't allowing him calls.[/quote]

jofficer
03-04-2014, 01:10 AM
My boyfriend is housed here, I go up for visits and have gotten so many slaps on the wrist there that I can probably answer any questions.
what is the dress code

JTJwife
03-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Go to TN.gov, then to prisons there you will find the dress code for prisons. At the facility where hubby is it is like this: no white pants, no white shirts without something under them, sleeves at least three inches long, no cleavage, nothing tight, no advertisements on clothing, nothing that could be gang related, no hoods, no rips in jeans, one pair of ear rings, one ring per hand, no necklace, skirt or short must remain below the knee when seated, wear a bra. In other words, just look decent.

Times wife

Sweetycakes
03-22-2014, 09:04 AM
yes and make sure you bring a few changes of clothes just in case they don't let you wear what you have on. try to keep it simple for the most part.

romantica
04-19-2014, 11:17 PM
:) my sweetheart is there and they told him to pack up all his stuff at 1:00 am last Friday and told him nothing he did not know if he was being transfer, court. I'm working on my first visit in may, I'm not from Tennessee so I'm a little scared:o but nerveless I will get there. I enjoy reading your blog it's truly helpful, I hope we can stay in touch? I don't know what your husband told you but gangs are rampant there... there's always some gang war or fight going on. My boyfriend has been there almost three years now. The food sucks a$$, especially on the main compound. Medical care there is alright, they are okay about passing out medication. However, this is by the far worst of the Tennessee prisons that I know of and the most violent in my opinion.

romantica
04-20-2014, 12:08 AM
can u pleas send me reelfoot info?:)I always stay at Reelfoot too, it's very affordable and the cabins are pretty cozy.

Sweetycakes
05-13-2014, 02:20 PM
:) my sweetheart is there and they told him to pack up all his stuff at 1:00 am last Friday and told him nothing he did not know if he was being transfer, court. I'm working on my first visit in may, I'm not from Tennessee so I'm a little scared:o but nerveless I will get there. I enjoy reading your blog it's truly helpful, I hope we can stay in touch?

Romantica did you ever find out what was going on with your boyfriend? Is he still at NWCX?