View Full Version : Any info about facilities in Ionia?

scs
12-04-2005, 08:09 AM
My boyfriend is considering a transfer from Florence Crane up to Ionia. I would appreciate any information in regards to the facilities, be it good or bad, at Ionia.

I have only ever heard about Ionia Max. Security facility, but he is Level I. I guess he would be looking at Deerfield or Bellamy Creek.

Thank you

mrsdragoness
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Have you done a search of the entire Michigan Forum on each prison, I know we have lots of threads on each one ;)

jessiesgirl
12-06-2005, 01:28 PM
My husband was considered level one but had to go to Handlon! He was then transfered after 7/8 months to Cooper Street (there a month), then to G. Robert Cotton (currently) since Thanksgiving! He wishes that he could of stayed at Cooper Street! I know that they have the nicest visiting area outta the three! He is almost home...70 days:)

missin'rich
12-16-2005, 04:16 PM
my husband is a level II and he is at Ionia Max.
There is only about 250 level II's there and from rich tells me, i think he's got it pretty good there.
they have all the freedom cuz the level IV's there are locked up 23 hours aday, and they never see each other.
he was at riverside, last year, that place isn't to bad either but i'm not sure what level that is

Fredjr's wifey
12-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Riverside is a level 2...My hubby didnt like it there, I hated the visiting room there as well.

LeaAnn
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Same here have heard Riverside isn't a good place at all.

Frylock1700
08-07-2006, 01:45 PM
ITF is the place to be for rec, the food is bad but everything else is good, 84 channels on TV nice visiting area, staff is halfway decent, They have an excellent Printing program there, and a good building trades class.

petesgirl4ever
08-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I can't find the link on these, please link me to the one for Deerfeild
Thanx so much,
Brandi

Have you done a search of the entire Michigan Forum on each prison, I know we have lots of threads on each one ;)

mrsdragoness
08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
we have an index here in this forum that links you to the various prisons.. However if your guys is a level I they will not send him to Deerfield which is a SECURE level I.. he can't go to a facility thats not his current level.

Lions Heart
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Bellamy Creek isn't the nicest place to be right now either. My guy is there in Level IV and he says its pretty rough. He has been to several facilities and this is definietly not one of his favorites. He was at Ionia for a while and even though he was in a Level V there her got out more than he does at Level IV at Bellamy. He also had a wonderful counselor at Ionia Max. I have only visited at Riverside once and the visiting room was really crowded and I didn't really like it. I don't know much about the others in the area. Good Luck on the transfer.

Chris' Gal
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Chris is in the dorms at Bellamy Creek. He said it isn't too bad; but that is only because he is finally in a single man room. The nice thing is that there isn't a whole lot of fighting there; because most of the guys there are nearing release and want to get home. The only thing he said has sucked is that there aren't fans in the single man units, and it was scorching last week.