View Full Version : Attack caps violent week at Garner

Crstnamre
12-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Attack caps violent week at Garner
Inmate charged with assault on prison social worker
By Eugene Driscoll
THE NEWS-TIMES
NEWTOWN An inmate beat and sexually assaulted a social worker Wednesday during a counseling session at the maximum security Garner Correctional Institution, authorities said.

The attack capped off three days of violence inside the prison, which houses roughly 600 inmates, the majority of whom have significant mental health problems.
The social workers' injuries are not life threatening, state prison officials said. The inmate, Mario Stanford, who is already serving 15 years on a kidnapping conviction, has been charged with third-degree sexual assault, unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct.

Read the whole artcile here:
http://news.newstimeslive.com/story.php?id=77307&channel=Local

MiaBellaAngela
04-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Can't say it surprises me with all the inmates dying there
http://news.newstimeslive.com/story.php?id=82491
Apr 13 2006 8:27 AM
Newtown jail inmate dies after struggle with guards
NEWTOWN (AP) – An inmate at the Garner Correctional Facility died Wednesday after a struggle with prison guards, state police said.
The chief medical examiner’s office in Farmington was to perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death of Edward Henderson, 35, of Clinton.

copy252
04-16-2006, 12:08 PM
garner has always been a wild prison. even us inmates knew that wasnt place to go.

MiaBellaAngela
04-18-2006, 03:12 PM
garner has always been a wild prison. even us inmates knew that wasnt place to go.Well the inmates don't have a choice of where they want to go. Another HUMAN dies: death by cop.

teikyo30
04-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Actually, back in 96 I wound up at Garner because of tickets/ G block. I liked it better than any jail I'd been to and requested they hold me there. It was much safer for me. And closer.

KyraH
04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah my bf told me Garner is one of the safer places. He said the worst are Chesire, Walker, Northern and Osbourne

teikyo30
04-25-2006, 11:06 PM
For a level 3 facility, Osbourne is pretty "f'd" up. I don't get why they sent me there back in 98. I have no violence on my record at all. At "Oz" before you get a job, you're pretty much locked down 24 hours a day. It makes no sense, but then why would the DOC make sense?

aasshh
09-12-2006, 01:13 AM
i did time thier, nice and clean,