View Full Version : How do you send money to a Pennsylvania prison inmate?

12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Ok this may seem like a simple question to answer but I would like to send money to my friend who is in SCI-Frackville. He wont tell me how I can send him money because he refuses to take money from me. My hubby is in Federal and I know I can send it through Western Union. Is there anyway I can do it like that for him. I know you need a state, and city code. Or is there anyway I can just send him a money order. And if so does it have to be US postal money order. Whoever can help me it would so be appreciated. :rolleyes:

12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, I can only answer for Ohio but the way it is here is that you have to be on the person visitation list to be allowed to send them money. It was that simple. Money orders always worked fine. Good luck, make sure to keep money for yourself. Sounds like you are supplying a lot.

12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
You Can Call The Jail, But I Know For The County In Philly You Can Just Mail The Money Order There But Make Sure It Has His Name Address Of The Jail And His Inmate Number On It (that's The Most Important)

12-03-2005, 03:37 AM
You can use Jpay ( ( i use that most of the time, that or money orders send in, on a money order make sure you put his number by his name and your name and address has to be on there as well.


12-03-2005, 05:13 AM
You do not have to use a US postal money order. I buy money orders from my credit union or one of the local convenience stores. The most important thing is to make sure you have his name and number on the money order.

12-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanx so much you guys, your responses really helped me. I think I am going to use Jpay on this one. But I have another question. So I just send teh money order straight to him? Is that how it works? Thanks so much. ;)

12-03-2005, 11:45 AM
You send it to him and the prison will give hima receipt for the money. In PA, 20% of any money sent will go toward his resitution and fines, and the remainder will go on his books.

12-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Ok thank so much everyone. You have all been very helpful.

01-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I dont know if someone told you this already cause i didnt read the replies but for Lancaster County Prison you send money by money order. you can send it with a letter for your friend and when they check the mail they take the money order out and give him a reciept and his account is credited. call the prison where your friend is and ask them to be sure

01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
i use quick collect and it works for me....i hope this wasn't already said and if it was i'm sorry.
good luck

03-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Before doing anything call the prision where your friend is located and ask them. I made the mistake of sending a money order straight to my friend in a PA prison and it was sent back to me. they gave me another address where to send the money order, and it had to be a postal money order, but now we can us western union or quick collect online. But calling would be a good place to start.
goodluck to ya.

04-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Can anyone tell me what state code doi give if i use western union to send money to penn as in va its washington doc
thanks i want to use w/union as its quicker than money orders

04-11-2006, 04:22 AM
call the prison

04-11-2006, 04:44 AM
also u can put his name and inmate number thats a must and put it in a envelope mailed directly to him.

04-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Elsapunzi this is the info from Western Union

Western Union requires that the Quick Collect form be used to send money if cash is being paid. These forms can be filled out at any Western Union office. The sender must provide the following information:

Pay To: PA Dept. Corrections
Code City: PADOC
Code State: PA
Account Number: Inmate Number, Inmate Last Name

Hope this is what you wanted.

04-14-2006, 03:01 AM
thanksthat was the info i was looking for your #1 soldier thanks rto everyone else to for your help