View Full Version : Transfer to AZ from PA

lizzy1234
11-21-2005, 02:38 AM
Does anyone know how you go about getting a transferr TO Az from Pa? I have checked the az doc website. they only talk about poeple transferring out of AZ, not into Az. Any help would be appreiciated .:confused:

melbo
11-21-2005, 07:45 AM
I would definitely check with the PA DOC and see what their policy is on Interstate Compacts and go from there. Good Luck to you!

NJNancymae
11-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Eric and I have spoken about his transferring to NJ....he said that there has to be a person wanting to "switch" places basically. If there is someone from AZ who is interested in going to PA, then it should be something that can worked on. I would double check both DOC's rules regarding interstate transfers. Good luck. I will be facing this in my near future as well. :) :rolleyes:

meganmuffin
04-25-2006, 06:36 AM
I was wondering the same question, but the opposite - how it might work for a transfer from AZ to PA? Are there certain requirements? or restrictions? My friend told me it might be able to be done.

StaroftheMornin
04-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey all!!

I am wondering the same thing, from AZ to PA. Maybe we can all help eachother on getting the correct info needed!!

arriana
04-26-2006, 01:37 AM
first check with the state that you want them to go to... also know that they need to have at least two years left to do.. plus you pay for it... also check policy on what limitations etc that are acceptable.. as to they dont transfer certain levels as well as gang affilations .. they dont have to be in a gang but even gang tats wont be accepted by some states.. PA is not involved in the interstate transfer compact... you can double check but they were not housing them as of last year..
it takes a long time.. but the policy is listed just google or search for interstate transfer compact.. good luck .. it is hard we considered it for awhile but decided in the end it was easier not to as often AZ will transfer them back to az for the last three months... it is very odd but they do that as it occured to someone on his yard.. even tho he was being released to the other state.. so check into it
good luck

StaroftheMornin
04-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks so much for your information!!!

NJNancymae
04-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone. Well, because I live in New Jersey and he is down in AZ, we went ahead and started the paperwork. :D I spoke with the guy down in AZ DOC who is in charge of this stuff. He told me that they have to take care of the "celebrity" transfers first, like say, Sammy the Bull when he was there. Then the guys who are leaders of the gangs come next. They need to get him out of their system and send him somewhere that he is a "nobody" and stop causing trouble. Then comes ours...the compassionate transfers. He explained it could take a while but for my husband to go ahead and get the paperwork filled out and submitted. Lots of time, the guy himself told me this, the COs will tell the inmates that they will never or can't get transferred basically cause the COs don't want to be bothered with the paperwork. It apparently is a whole lot of stuff that has to get done...like medical checkups, psych check ups, and more paperwork. Also, when it comes time to be considered for a transfer, you have to be sure that the inmate taking your place in AZ is of the same level as your guy. What I mean is that they can't send off a level 3 to New Jersey and in return get someone like Charles Manson. You understand what I mean? So my hubby and I have done the paperwork, I have written to the warden AND to my husband's CO to explain that I will be financially responsible for the costs of his transfer and once he gets here, he will have family to help support him. Now we just sit and wait. Hope this helped!! :grouphug:

I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

OH HELL YEAH!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Aimee1
04-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks so much for sharing that info Nancy. I know alot of people will appreciate that info! :)

StaroftheMornin
04-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks ALOT Nancy, that is very useful info. I actually talked to a CO at the prison in Tucson and he did tell me that a compassionate transfer hadn't happened in about 15 years, but to go ahead and try. Good Luck!! I wish you the best.

Star

arriana
04-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I have not heard of a compassionate transfer being allowed in ages.. you tend to apply on other grounds if possible.. there are a few grounds to apply but compassionate ones due to so much overcrowding and short staffing issues are rare in all states