View Full Version : Christmas packages

arf
11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know anything about Christmas packages? My son is at OCC in Forks. I was told I could send him a package of meat/cheeses etc. from Oh Boy Oberto. All he says is that it can't weigh over 15 lbs. Is there a form I'm supposed to send with it? Does anyone know anything about this? I'm just trying to save myself another long distance call to Forks, if possible. Thanks!

No escape from reality
11-18-2005, 05:57 PM
www.Washingtonpackages.com (http://www.Washingtonpackages.com)

It's through Access Securepack. You will need to know from the prison what the limit is (My son is at Stafford Creek, and the limit is 1 package and $75).

You can order on line (site above), through mail : Access Securepak, P.O. Box 50028, Sparks, NV 89435; by fax 1-866-754-2813, or by phone (This is also the customer service number), 1-800-546-6283. The inmate can send you the order form. I always have my son mark the items he wants and quantity. Deadline for orders is December 9, 2005.

Although the above information is from the form from SCCC, I would guess that it's pretty similar for each prison. On the web site you can go to individual items for a specific prison in the state.

The quarterly package, which includes clothing items and similar, is limited to 15 pounds. It is different than the Christmas package and one can be sent each quarter.

Hope this helps!!

no escape

MurphyGirl
11-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Anyone know if these packages are allowed at WSP? I'd love to suprise my hubby with one!!

pw

No escape from reality
11-20-2005, 06:41 PM
According to the website the following prisons have Christmas Packages at this time:
Ahtanum
Airway Heights
CCA Florence
Coyote Ridge
McNeil
Pine Lodge
Stafford Creek
WCC in Shelton
WCC for women in Gig Harbor.

no escape

MurphyGirl
11-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks no escape! Figures that my guys place of inprisonment wouldn't allow one.......they are so mean!!!!

pw

williesma
11-21-2005, 12:44 PM
So,no christmas packages at wsru???:( About the quarterly packages,can we send them any time during a quarter??Is there specs on how big the box(or small) the box has to be???Also,my son is interested in getting a guitar,does anyone know if we can buy one through a vendor and have it sent,or does he have to order it himself???Gosh,if thats the case,its going to be really expensive after they take their 55% out!His tv cost about 300.00,for a 13",thats just insane! Anyway,sorry for so many questions,im still trying to figure all this out!!! Thanks!;)

arf
11-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Okay, I finally just called OCC in Forks, and this is what they said. Each inmate there can receive one Christmas package, ordered from and shipped by one of the following vendors: Hickory Farms, Obertos, Figi's or Uwajimaya (sp?), weighing no more than 15 pounds, containing no metal, glass or utensils, and cannot need refrigeration. I would call other locations direct and ask their policy, if they're not listed on the other list above.

No escape from reality
11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow, arf. I didn't know they allowed "other" packages. Kewl. Uwajimaya is an Oriental food store (and gifts). They have one in Beaverton and it's great (my hubby is Japanese)! I understand they also have one in Seattle. I wish we could order from Oberto, Hickory Farms or Uwajimaya!!

I agree with you on purchasing items, williesma. I wanted to get my son a word-processor and discovered that was something he would need to order. I really hate the 55% thing, too. Fortunately, we bought his TV when it was still ("only") 35% deduction.

Quarterly packages can be sent anytime within the quarter. The inmate has to send you the form and the form specifies what may be purchased, how it is to be sent, quantity, etc. I believe there is a size restriction on the box and it's also limited to 15 pounds. It's not difficult to match the box requirements. The greatest difficulty I had was trying to find shirts for my son that weren't any of the colors the prison doesn't allow!!

I know they'll enjoy the packages!!! Merry Christmas to all!!

no escape

Truth Seeker
11-23-2005, 06:37 AM
I sent my friend at WSRU some packets of beef jerky stuff (Obertos) and it is alright only it was not in the right quarter?!?!
I will ask him specifics again...
Thanks for this info!!

babyames
11-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I just ordered a holiday package from Uwajimaya to be sent to McNeil Island. I just went to their international district store, picked out all the things he asked for, then the shipping guy came down to meet me and told me all the things he couldn't have (nothing with glass or metal packaging, etc.) so I had to substitute some things. Then we weighed up the packaging and the items to keep it under 15 lbs. I paid, and hopefully it's on it's way right now.

gabbygirl372001
11-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I would call the prison first to find out if you can send one, because I know that Airway Heights is on the list, but last year they couldnt have them there. Just double check before you spend the money! ~Gabby~

TJR
11-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi Gabby! Airway Heights is allowing the Christmas Packages this year from washingtonpackages.com - hubby sent home the info and I've already ordered one! :) I know your guy isn't there anymore, but thought I'd post that in case anyone else is wondering.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Day today!

No escape from reality
11-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Abelle: the form from the prison will generally tell you dates and such for packages. Deadlines, weight restrictions.... Maybe it arrived too soon or too late? Gotta watch those dates!

Does anyone know if Stafford Creek is allowing anything from other than washington packages (access securepak), quarterly packages, or books from specific companies? It sounds like some of the prisons have additional programs....

Thanks!

No escape

kellil
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I know when Jeffrey was at Stafford creek that I sent Oberto straight from their website. He just told me what he wanted at LArch it was a different company all together. CAnt remember the name.

No escape from reality
11-30-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks Kelli! I tried calling SCCC, but they haven't returned my call yet.... (Well, it's only been three days!! Yes, that was sarcasm...)

I'll have to try again and see if they can still get Oberto products.

Thanks!
no escape