View Full Version : Anyone spending Thanksgiving in Muskegon??

mrsdragoness
11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm driving over Thanksgiving morning after I get out of work (7 am) and will be staying 2 nights and going home Saturday.

Anyone want to g2g either for dinner or at my hotel???

LeeS269
11-18-2005, 05:27 PM
My partner expects to be sent there from Egeler before Thanksgiving... but I doubt I'll get cleared to visit by Thanksgiving... and they don't consider me immediate family so visitation may be a long battle.

But if hell freezes over and pigs fly and MDOC becomes nice and unburdensome I'd love to meet up with you! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure where all of the prisons are... but if anyone needs a place to stay I will make my spare room available at no cost any time. I'm in Benton Harbor

Lee!

MrsBenji
11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Mrs D... Half the world seems to think I'm spending Thanksgiving in Michigan... maybe I should slip up and have a visit with you?

It's a shame there isn't a big airport in Muskegon... I might have to look around and see what I can find anyway tho...

And as a sidenote... What a nice and generous offer Lee!! Book me for two weeks in April! Okay.. not really, but.. ;) ;) And good luck getting approved to visit!!!

Jenn

LeeS269
11-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm serious! We all need to stick together AND save money! Letting someone stay at your house doesn't cost you anything and it helps tremendously.

MsSchema
11-19-2005, 01:01 AM
I may go for a little while in the morning, the trougle being, I work the night before and 7p to 7a the night of thanksgiving. I would love to suprise him!! Thank you for the offer to share expences. I don't live very far away...But you'al make me feel loved!!! Wendy

MsSchema
11-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Hi, MrsDragon. I read alot of your posts. Thank you for making me feel so loved. I don't live far from Muskegon. To be right there is appealing...Do you have young children? To stay there sometime would be nice. And dinner with someone who understands my situation sounds wonderful too.....Maybe sometime again?? I work nights, do you?? 7p to 7a at a local hospital in Grand Rapids. Thank you for your time, Wendy

mrsdragoness
11-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks ladies! I work 7 p to 7 a 3 nights a week for now... we are on 12 hour shifts for the moment, I'll know Wednesday if we are going to stay on them 4 out of 5 of us want to stay on them.

Its regular visiting hours on Thursday and Friday so I'll have Friday morning free as well.. I'm NOT a Black Friday shopper so I'll probably hang out at the hotel and wander over the Red Wok for lunch!

No small kids ;) My baby is almost 22 (the others are 35, 36). But I don't mind kids and the hotel has a pool if anyone wants to stop by!

LeeS269
11-19-2005, 10:25 AM
What are visiting times and hours etc... at Muskegon?

mrsdragoness
11-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Visiting hours monday - friday are 2:30 to 8:30. Saturday and Sunday are 10 am to 8 pm...

rickysbay
11-19-2005, 04:13 PM
mrs. d.
I will be going down friday morning maybe we could meet for lunch. I would love to go down thursday too. I will work on that one.. let me know.

LeeS269
11-19-2005, 05:26 PM
How long do you usually get and how many times a week can you visit a level 1 inmate?

mrsdragoness
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Level I inmates get 8 visits a month....... You can visit as long as you like, unless they are over crowded and have to start terminating visits to make room for more. The way to get around that is not be among the first in ;)