View Full Version : I would like to visit him...

RenegadesGirl
06-01-2003, 02:43 PM
He is on death row (Man C.I). I understand that it might be difficult for me to be approved on his visiting list since I don't live in Ohio? Anyone who knows what it takes to get on a death row inmates visiting list, and is there any way to "bend" the rules in my favor? What if we would like to get married? I know that Stanley got the policy for marriage the other day and he will send a copy of it to me, but I guess I would like to know YESTERDAY what to expect. So if anyone knows anything, please tell me? I have searched online to see if I can find some information on this with no luck.

joessweetangel
06-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi Renegadegirl-

My fiance is also on DR at MANCI! Yes, you can be added to Stanley's visiting list even though you live in another country. I know this because A friend of mine, also in MANCI, Gets a visit from a friend in England 3-4 times a year.

Just tell Stanley to have his case worker send you the papers to fill out. One thing-YOU MUST TELL THEM THAT YOU KNEW HIM BEFORE HE WAS ARRESTED!! They won't approve you unless you tell them that! They are very strict about things! They won't check your story out-but remember to make it a date you can remember.

You also have to watch what you wear-something else they are strict about.

As far as getting married with him in there-you can. You will probably have to put up a fight because they don't like to see that happen with someone on the row. I knew someone from England that did marry one of the inmates and they really had to fight them about it.

And for bending the rules-it seems they don't bend them at all! You're better off not letting them know that you met him as pen-pal (if that's how you met him). They have an attitude towards the pen-pal thing.

If you have any more questions just e-mail me and I'll try to help any way that I can!

Monica

RenegadesGirl
06-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Okay, thank you Monica. I can tell them I met him before he got arrested, but how likely are they to believe me??? I am Norwegian.... but hey, I might have been there on vacation or something, right? Hehe. Well, We will give it a try.

joessweetangel
06-02-2003, 10:24 PM
You're welcome!!

Believing you??.......lol at least I know that they don't check it out!! I was just there today with a lady that flies in from Ireland and she said that she never had a problem.

I sure hope it works for you! Just remember that all of the converstions in there are listened too all the time!