11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
What are the rules of Big Sandy:o :o

kous
11-14-2005, 05:01 PM
What are the rules of Big Sandy:o :o

No matter what mans past have been, future is spotless

mzpeachez
11-24-2005, 08:28 PM
They are pretty tight over there at big sandy. I visit there, let me know if you have specific questions...

only4Gerald
12-20-2005, 05:42 AM
Yeah my honey is at USP Big Sandy also. They are very tight as far as visiting, but no consistent. Some allow you to wear coats inside the FREEZING visiting room, some dont. They DO use the 'drug' machine but they are swabbing the clothes (true sign that they have no clue what they are doing)....

It is my understanding that this facility is fairly new so they are all learning. But the CO attitudes are HORRIBLE so be careful.

JLSNVLH4LIFE
01-01-2006, 02:47 AM
my finace is in Big Sandy also and i have never visited there but i am going to in april and i have already been approved back in june of 05 but then i was put on probatation like a month ago in Nov for misdameaners will that affect my visit with him in April? :confused:

Danee Boy
01-01-2006, 12:37 PM
my finace is in Big Sandy also and i have never visited there but i am going to in april and i have already been approved back in june of 05 but then i was put on probatation like a month ago in Nov for misdameaners will that affect my visit with him in April? :confused:

You will more than likely have to get approval from your probation officer. He might have to send a letter to the prison or maybe you'll be able to bring an approval letter.

Call the prison and ask them what the rules are for visiting when your on probation.

babygirl350
01-01-2006, 04:37 PM
You will more than likely have to get approval from your probation officer. He might have to send a letter to the prison or maybe you'll be able to bring an approval letter.

Call the prison and ask them what the rules are for visiting when your on probation.

The only other thing that I can add is that usually Kentucky is only interested in people who have felony convictions from visiting. So, there really should not be a problem as far as the prison goes. Now, as to your Probation Officer that may be another thing. That would be the first place I would be checking. You sure don't need to get in any trouble from him/her.

Good luck to you and I hope you do get to visit.

JLSNVLH4LIFE
01-02-2006, 01:10 AM
i am hopeing that i get to see him also i havent seen him in 2 years and i am so ready to have a contact visit;)
Faithfully Waiting Club #74
Waiting However Long It Takes Club Member#26

only4Gerald
01-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Also, you have been approved already. As long as you have an approval letter, BRING IT, but I wouldn't make it a big deal if they don't. They have to go and 'search' for the probation information and being that you are already approved, I doubt anything would come up.

BUT, MAKE SURE TO CLEAR IT WITH YOUR PO FIRST!!

The only other thing that I can add is that usually Kentucky is only interested in people who have felony convictions from visiting. So, there really should not be a problem as far as the prison goes. Now, as to your Probation Officer that may be another thing. That would be the first place I would be checking. You sure don't need to get in any trouble from him/her.

Good luck to you and I hope you do get to visit.

only4Gerald
01-08-2006, 05:27 AM
I will be going to KY later this month if anyone is interested in new information on the BIG SANDY facility, let me know

kous
02-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Can I send anything by mail paper or stamps

only4Gerald
02-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Can I send anything by mail paper or stamps

The only thing you can send in the mail to an inmate at Big Sandy is regular mail. No magazines or books (unless sent directly from the bookstore or www.amazon.com), stamps, merchandise or anything