View Full Version : Had My first visit

susan/ohio
05-21-2002, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I had my first visit with my son yesterday. I was a nervous wreck but after I got in and got to see him and to actually give him a hug and a kiss all of my worries were put on hold for the time that I was there.

It was quite the experience but I survived and I held myself together during the visit but man oh man when I got in the truck I cried a river of tears.

It was a very long day, I had to get up a 5:00 a.m. and then when I got back at 3:00 I had to go to work for four hours. So needless to say I went to bed very early last night but it was the first good night of sleep that I have had in a long time.

Well, just wanted to update everyone talk to ya all later.

Susan

cepora
05-21-2002, 06:47 AM
That is great Susan! Glad you finally got to visit with him and that it put your mind at ease, at least for a little while. This is so hard, I guess we'll just have to take it day by day.

soraya
05-21-2002, 08:07 AM
so happy to hear you got to visit him. at least you could look him in the eye and see for yourself he's doing ok. the tears were probably a relief of all the stress, along with the hurting of having to leave him behind? just remember that we're here for you, ok?

jdswifey02
05-21-2002, 11:21 AM
Susan...
I am so glad to hear you finally got to sense a little peace and reassurance in your heart!!! As for the river of tears in the parking lot.... That still happens to me EVERY time I see JD.... (rather annoying for my passenger if someone goes with me, because we can't even leave the parking lot until I get done at least to the point I can see again!) I am sure your son feels better having been able to see you and get that hug too!!

sherri13
05-21-2002, 11:28 AM
SUSAN-I KNOW VISITATION CAN BE BITTERSWEET, SO HAPPY TO SEE HIM, SO SAD TO LEAVE. BUT THERE IS A PEACE IN KNOWING YOU CAN SEE HIM AND SEE WITH YOUR OWN TWO EYES THAT HE IS OKAY, AND TO GIVE HIM THAT GREAT BIG HUG!!!

Budwoman
05-21-2002, 12:45 PM
HEY SUSEEE!

GREAT.... I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS VISIT WAS. I ALSO KNOW ABOUT THE TEARS..BUT, I THING THEY ARE MORE TEARS OF RELIEF THAN SADNESS..

GOD WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE CARE OF HIM..... KEEP THE VISITS AND THE LETTER POURING IN.... HE WILL SURVIVE...

MY PRAYERS & LOVE
DONNA

DJohnson
05-21-2002, 01:05 PM
Susan...

I am glad as well that you got that visit!! It feels so good to be able to see your loved 1 & know that they are ok. Yes they are incarcerated, but they are doing well in their situation.
I know all about those tears as well!! When I DO get the chance to see EJ when I have left I have had to turn my head away & put on my sunglasses because I cried the whole way home. Good thing I wasn't driving or you all would have heard about a big ole accident in Illinois!! Even though I know he is ok & looks SOOO GOOD, I want to bring him home with me to get him away from that place. So he can finally be free & we can be together.

Stay strong!!!

Take care!
Diona

danielle
05-21-2002, 03:54 PM
I am glad your visit went well. Another hurdle passed - bittersweet as it may be.

cheryl
05-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Glad to hear you got to visit - it took me 8 weeks to be approved to see my son. I agree it is bittersweet. And I visit my son before work alot of times it's hard to keep it together. You always try to stay "up beat" for them althought there is one time I lost it. My son is young and while I was visiting we saw this little girl visiting her Daddy, she was so cute. When she had to go she said goodbye and I noticed my son shaking his head. I asked him what he was thinking he paused and said "I couldn't do that." I asked do what? He said sit there while my little girl leaves and have to be here. I looked at him and then he was silent and said "How do you do it?" I told him I do because I love you and I want to take you home everytime I leave here but I can't. I realized he's understanding what his actions have caused the people he loves, but it's a rough way to grow up. I of course quickly asked him to quickly change the subject. Some of lifes lessons are harder than others. Hang in there Susan our prayers are with you. cl

Budwoman
05-27-2002, 02:56 PM
YOU SAID IT ALL CHERYL

DONNA

tarheel_bamagir
07-01-2007, 06:01 AM
My son has been at Ventress for a month or so and I'm trying to find out the visitation rules. He told me there were certain days that we can visit depending on his last name. I also read somewhere that you had to start lining up at 7:00 or 7:30am to get into the parking lot.

How long do you get to visit? I'm completely in the dark, can someone help me. I live a very long way from there and need to make plans.

Any information anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a terrific day.

Tarheel_Bamagirl

Believing
07-01-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't know where Ventress is, but if it's in NC, here is the link that tells info about visitation for NC prisons. If it's not in NC, you might want to go to the individual state forums and post at the appropriate one.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=839

tarheel_bamagir
07-02-2007, 06:59 AM
I posted yesterday about information on visitation dates, rules, etc....at Ventress Correctional in Clayton, Alabama. It's quite a long way from where I am but I want to see my son terribly so if anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate you passing it along. I've never been through this before so I'm new, scared, you name it.

Thanks for your help!

Lillybee
07-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I am glad you had a good visit. :)

Believing
07-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I posted yesterday about information on visitation dates, rules, etc....at Ventress Correctional in Clayton, Alabama. It's quite a long way from where I am but I want to see my son terribly so if anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate you passing it along. I've never been through this before so I'm new, scared, you name it.

Thanks for your help!
Here is the link to the Ventress forum. You should be able to find out a lot there and there will be people who are familiar with the visitation info, etc.

You should be able to click on this and it will take you there:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=677