View Full Version : So what's a snowbunny????

Cinco's lady
11-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Alright girls, I've got some prison lingo for you. When we were at visitation this week a guy my man knew walked by and said hello to the both of us and my old man asked him how his snowbunny was doing and he chuckled and was like oh she's good, this 'n that. After he walked by I was like what's a snowbunny? He laughed (obviously because I didn't know) and he was like it's the guy's girl. So then I say, so am I a snowbunny? And he said, hell nah...you're my lady, you aren't a snowbunny. So I was just wondering if anyone has ever been called this? He said normally they use the term when a white woman is with another race?

babygurl919
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Hmmm... I never heard that term used that way before, so I'll ask mine and see what he says. But from what you described, it sounds to me like maybe it's a girl you're just playin' and aren't too serious about???? Damn, now you got me all curious to find out what it means LOL....

Snowbaby62
11-07-2005, 04:49 PM
My nickname is snowbaby, we had talked about this once and he made the comment about a white woman being with a black man, or prefers black men. It is not a compliment by no stretch of the imagination, it is meant as a derogatory comment. My guy told me he would never call me snowbaby in public, or in front of his friends because he wouldn't want them to misconstrue that as meaning the same thing as a snowbunny.

Staci

MizzCandy
11-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Exactly what Snowbaby said...its used by Black men when speaking of a White woman. I know because one of my good friends is white and thats what alot of guys call her. Now if he has a different story please let me know...but as far as I know thats what it is!

LadyDamu415
11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
I know that alot of people where I am from refer to a "snowbunny" as a white girl

Ruddsgrl1
11-07-2005, 06:39 PM
My Man called me his snowbunny once and he is white. He said I was his little snowbunny, but I never took it as a insult I took it as I am his Sweetie.

Ruddsgrl1

Kissymissy
11-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I live in WI and I thought it was just someone that liked snow. But I guess the snow/white reference may be what the others are referencing.

Cinco's lady
11-08-2005, 05:13 AM
My nickname is snowbaby, we had talked about this once and he made the comment about a white woman being with a black man, or prefers black men. It is not a compliment by no stretch of the imagination, it is meant as a derogatory comment. My guy told me he would never call me snowbaby in public, or in front of his friends because he wouldn't want them to misconstrue that as meaning the same thing as a snowbunny.

Staci

Well I kinda figured it that much--because when I asked if I was a snowbunny, he was real quick and defensive like "hell nah" so I was just wondering...hrmm...at least now I know, if I ever hear someone calling me a snowbunny I know I got to put it in check. :cool:

thatwiz
11-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Usually it's a white woman with a black man

inlovewithmrcar
11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Yup that's what it is and I never heard it was meant in a bad way cause it doesn't bother me at all! There could be worse things that they could call us.

sweets79
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
It's what ( Thatwiz) said. I am white and my husband is black and we have had officers and inmates say this to him about me. But he doesn't like it b/c they are trying to be funny and it's not always in a good way.

Lynnsy
11-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, like KissyMissy, I, too, live in Wisconsin and innocently thought a snowbunny was someone who loved our long winters! I learn so many new things here! Thanks for the education.

Terrysgurl
11-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Snowbunny where I'm from is not a bad term...It's just means a white woman is with a black man...I guess it depends on where your from.

Cinco's lady
11-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Well we were talking about it this weekend and my old mans mom was like, well Liz you're a snowbunny...look how white you are and how dark he is...:rolleyes: good point...but at the same time if it's used deragatory, I wouldn't want to be called that...

Woody's Girl
11-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Actually the term is used when ANY nationality other that what is the poitically correct term? I don't know so I'll just say white man dates a white woman.
If a black, hispanic, asian, green, any other colored man than white, dates a white woman, That woman is normally referred to as "his snowbunny" not just that you are a snow bunny cause you are white, cause you probably wouldn't hear that if it wasn't an interratial thing... but yeah, they say that... When I first heard one of my guy friends say his brother was with his "snowbunny" I knew exactly what the term meant and it was my first time ever hearing it and I told him, to please refrain from calling her that to me.... I think it is sort of disrespectful; just as the word "broad"; "dame" what ever other nicknames some men place upon women... Some think it is cute, but I actually wouldn't want someone to refer to me if I were in any type of interratial relationship as his "chocolate love" or anything like that, just say " oh that is baby" or something....

kreepsgirl
11-17-2005, 09:53 AM
A white girl

2Hearts1Soul
11-18-2005, 06:53 PM
LOL this made me laugh. My ex was Mexican and he used to call me his snowbunny. Of course i asked him..."why do you call me snowbunny" His response was a snowbunny is a blonde white girl. Hmmm...ok...lol...i was never offended by it.

Alizentang
11-19-2005, 04:45 AM
:confused: I too live in wisconsin and have NEVER heard that before. I've never been called a snowbunny and I've NEVER dated INSIDE my race!:confused:

Doc's Sis
11-19-2005, 07:05 AM
That shows us that folks from the north and south have different meanings for some words. I've always known a snowbunny as a person from the north who goes to a southern state for the winter. EX: IN Florida, they call the people who come down there from WI and MN 'snowbunnies'..... Being from WI, I've heard that expression for a great number of years and would never have thought it could also be referring to a white person dating a person of another race. We learn new things every day!

Ravenslove
11-19-2005, 07:51 AM
In ohio people who go to florida for the winter are called snowbirds. Snow bunnies are white girls with men of color. Must depend on were you hail from.

Cinco's lady
11-21-2005, 05:23 AM
Well we brought this up again at viso yesterday, he thinks it's funny that I posted this thread, but whatever...if I want to know something I've got to ask, right?? :p But yea, in FL they call people from up north 'snowbird' a snowbunny took me by surprise...lol!

Doc's Sis
11-21-2005, 05:43 AM
MY ERROR! Gee, I hate saying that!!
Yes, a snowbird is a person from the north who lives in the south in the winter time......

Cinco's lady
11-21-2005, 05:52 AM
MY ERROR! Gee, I hate saying that!!
Yes, a snowbird is a person from the north who lives in the south in the winter time......

I live in Fl, lol, and we LOVE our snowbirds...keeps our economy good...now if we could just figure out what to do with our snowbunnies we'd have all the answers. :D

butlersbaby02
12-04-2005, 09:22 AM
My man calls me his snowbunny too. He's puerto rican, I'm white, american indian and hispanic. So amongst our circle of family and friends it's got nothing to do with our races. It just means I'm his girl,wifey,shorty,ride or die chick,baby,sweetheart or whatever other label used to call it. I don't take it as offensive beacuse in our relationship, it's not.

andrea0611
12-21-2005, 12:22 AM
By me, (NY) a snowbunny is a not so nice term for a white female with a black male. Similar to 'ho' only a bit more descriptive. It is meant in derogatory way, in there they may make jokes about it, but your man should not be calling you a snowbunny in that context!

abeautifulsoul2
12-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Where I'm from, its a demeaning term for a white girl that only dates black guys. From my understanding, it isn't a term of endearment...more one of disrespect but that's what it means in NY, its meanings could vary across the country.

Lorax
12-21-2005, 12:57 PM
In Ohio it means the same as in NY apparently; a white girl who only dates black guys. Definitely not a term of endearment or respect around here. As they say, "them's fightin' words"!

Miss_Jazzey1
12-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Snowbunny(adj.)- white woman with a black man

Resource: Ghetto-b-cees.com:D

chikcam1
12-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Not to sound mean, but what I have heard when my friends and such are saying that is that they are talking about a white girl who they dont respect so much but they use her to buy them things and for cars or whatever. I know that other people use the term in different ways, but if it were me, I wouldnt want anyone calling me a snowbunny because people might misunderstand and think he was using me. Also, I wouldnt feel comfortable with being called that just in case - you know...like it just wouldnt feel right...in what other situation would you call someone a derogatory term "because you love them"

Cinco's lady
12-27-2005, 06:12 AM
...in what other situation would you call someone a derogatory term "because you love them"

Hmm, exactly...but then that's everyone else's interpretation of it. My man better not EVER call me a snowbunny, if it's meant to be cute or what, but then he would never do something like that anyway...

Valeriasue
12-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Another defination of a snowbunny is usually a blond girl that likes to ski. But I can see that term is outdated.

HeSoHandsome
12-27-2005, 08:26 AM
. . . So then I say, so am I a snowbunny? And he said, hell nah...you're my lady, you aren't a snowbunny. . . . He said normally they use the term when a white woman is with another race?
Is your man Black, or another race?

HeSoHandsome
12-27-2005, 08:34 AM
By me, (NY) a snowbunny is a not so nice term for a white female with a black male. Similar to 'ho' only a bit more descriptive.
:eek: That IS offensive, and I'm one who does not get offended by things done and said in this thing called "life and living".

I don't like the word used in that context -- that the white girl with her black man is anything similar to a ho. :blah: If anything, it's my guess that the man she's with is probably the ho!! Do they have a term for the man in this equasion?! :confused:

Cinco's lady
12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Is your man Black, or another race?
He's hispanic.

Cinco's lady
12-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I don't like the word used in that context -- that the white girl with her black man is anything similar to a ho. :blah: If anything, it's my guess that the man she's with is probably the ho!! Do they have a term for the man in this equasion?! :confused:

I agree...any kind of profiling :blah: I think the term for the man in that equation would be just disrespectful...

one_luv
12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Not to sound mean, but what I have heard when my friends and such are saying that is that they are talking about a white girl who they dont respect so much but they use her to buy them things and for cars or whatever. This is how I understood the term- a white girl spending money on a black man,

HeSoHandsome
12-28-2005, 05:40 AM
By me, (NY) a snowbunny is a not so nice term for a white female with a black male. Similar to 'ho' only a bit more descriptive.
. . . a white girl who they dont respect so much but they use her to buy them things and for cars or whatever.
This is how I understood the term- a white girl spending money on a black man,
Do they have a term for the man in this equasion?! :confused:
Trying to grasp this "ho" thing because that threw me, I am now able to put it together based on these posts I quoted. Based on her financially taking care of him right on down to his vehicle or whatever, it could be said "he's pimpin that a$$", which is how the "ho" word ties in because the a$$ that he's pimpin to get his tangibles and money is his "ho's".

So it would seem then that the term for the man is "pimp"?!

Something tells me if word were to get out that the men in these situations are pimps, they wouldn't deny it -- but instead, would proudly admit "that's right, that's my ho because I am pimpin that a$$!!" But instead of being so forthright, they'll just wrap it up in one word -- snowbunny.

Well, there's definitely one way to not be a "snowbunny" -- don't buy him sh*t!! Or, if you're compelled to spend your money on him, spend it very sparingly. This way, even in jesting, he could always say "my baby ain't no snowbunny because she don't buy me sh*t!!"

va_baby_blues
12-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Well, there's definitely one way to not be a "snowbunny" -- don't buy him sh*t!! Or, if you're compelled to spend your money on him, spend it very sparingly. This way, even in jesting, he could always say "my baby ain't no snowbunny because she don't buy me sh*t!!"

That's very well said cuz then the chick would also know if the guy was just with her to try & pimp her.

Loty4572
07-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I have to laugh because my man is puerto rican and I am white--when he writes to me sometimes he will say "how is my little snowbunny doing"
I do not take any offense to it, when used in an endearing manner---I'm sure it can also be used in a deragatory manner as well, like many other words or phrases can easily be misinterpreted.

baker6405
07-04-2006, 07:59 PM
What I know of snow bunny means that the person is a white woman. Maybe the term is different when they are locked up, I'm not sure. I've been hearing that all my life. My friends call me that because I am light skinned with greenish blue eyes and they say my father was the milkman. I always used to ask why the milkman and they say because the milk man carries white milk. All I could ever do is laugh, but now that I am sitting here writing about it the milkman carries all different flavors.

katmb
07-13-2006, 12:23 AM
It just depends on who's saying it and how they mean it, it can be interpreted in different ways just like any other slang name.

HeSoHandsome
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I didn't know before but I now know what the snow bunny is, and I don't necessarily equate negativity to it. I mean all relationships are two way so if the woman is willing to be a black man's snowbunny, then the only problem is, of course, with the people who don't mind their own relationship business.

Snow bunnies are white girls but not just any white girl because the motivating factor is (1) money and (2) her enthusiastic drive and dedicaction to be down for and do whatever, period, when it comes to helping a black man get on, meaning "get his money right." For some, she makes his money for him, and if she don't have a problem doing that and taking care of him, then IMO, there is no problem with it. For some she will work side by side to him with all efforts geared toward doing what she's got to do to help him make money. Whether she's gotta market a product or hook him up with connections and contacts -- whatever -- the common denominator is "helping him make that money."

They're on every level from the hood to corporate america. Usually the higher up the level, the more likely the black man will marry her, but these relationships are not based on love-love, but on love-money.

Why the white girl? They've made a reputation for themselves of being super duper down for the brothers, for being super duper down for whatever to the extent whatever that black man wants, with her HE WILL GETIT WITH NO PROBLEM!! A black man can do ALOT with a woman who has that type of attitude and that is why the white girl -- she has the type of attitude that can help to get him PAID with no drama!!! There's drama in relationships, but with the snow bunny relationship -- there is very little because she's just happy to be with him, happy to be down with and for him, whereas in other relationships he's gotta help to make her happy to be with him.

If the shoe don't fit, then don't wear it, and if it does, then girl wear it proud!! lol

moetbj
07-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes Snowbunny means white girl -so does pink toe, vanilla, and all of the other "terms" we have to come to grips with - with that being said - it depends on where you are from if the phrase is derogatory or not. Just last week BJ called me to give me his friends new cell # - the guy had lost mine - and i quote "give my new # to your bunny and have her call me" BJ thought it was hilarious - he also thinks it's funny when the guys ask him if wifey is coming for a visit and he says yes - looks like there is a cold front coming boys - it will be snowing this weekend.....he doesn't mean anything mean by it - i just think he thinks it's funny - he calls ebony women chocolate all the time - no dispresect at all - just a a man for you....

hesohandsome: Why the white girl? They've made a reputation for themselves of being super duper down for the brothers, for being super duper down for whatever to the extent whatever that black man wants, with her HE WILL GETIT WITH NO PROBLEM!! A black man can do ALOT with a woman who has that type of attitude and that is why the white girl -- she has the type of attitude that can help to get him PAID with no drama!!! There's drama in relationships, but with the snow bunny relationship -- there is very little because she's just happy to be with him, happy to be down with and for him, whereas in other relationships he's gotta help to make her happy to be with him.
not sure where you got all this info at - but i am down for my man because I love him - i found this to be a little offensive

HeSoHandsome
07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
. . . hesohandsome: Why the white girl? . . . not sure where you got all this info at - but i am down for my man because I love him - i found this to be a little offensive
I got it from listening to black men talk. I hear you on the offensiveness because some of the things they say when they get to talking about white girls is offensive.

zhane
07-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Well this topic most definately count my attention because I have hear the word snowbunny being described as many things but never this! This could be very offensive to anyone and I can definately sympathize with someone that is in an interracial relationship! Why does their have to be any type of definition to either sex being in a relationship with someone outside their race?

I didn't know before but I now know what the snow bunny is, and I don't necessarily equate negativity to it. I mean all relationships are two way so if the woman is willing to be a black man's snowbunny, then the only problem is, of course, with the people who don't mind their own relationship business.

zhane says....I for one wouldn't want to be called anything that has a derogatory meaning!

Why the white girl? They've made a reputation for themselves of being super duper down for the brothers, for being super duper down for whatever to the extent whatever that black man wants, with her HE WILL GETIT WITH NO PROBLEM!! A black man can do ALOT with a woman who has that type of attitude and that is why the white girl -- she has the type of attitude that can help to get him PAID with no drama!!! There's drama in relationships, but with the snow bunny relationship -- there is very little because she's just happy to be with him, happy to be down with and for him, whereas in other relationships he's gotta help to make her happy to be with him.

zhane says.....Why single out white women for having a reputation? When there are just as many of us black women who have their own reputation. I really believe it has nothing to do with one's skin color but on the individual. If someone falls in love with someone they fall in love with the person not their color! It's funny how a specific race of women have a reputation but in our society a black man can be with any other race and not be talked about but soon as they see one come by with a white women they put alot of effort into talking about it.

If the shoe don't fit, then don't wear it, and if it does, then girl wear it proud!! lol

Zhane says....Why would she want to wear a shoe like that even if it did fit?

HeSoHandsome
07-18-2006, 04:05 AM
I called my first husband last night to ask him his take on the word. Nothing big -- he said just a white girl who's down for the brothers -- nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, because bunnies are soft and cute I think the word is kinda cute. And, it's definitely ALOT more cuter, ALOT more nicer and A WHOLE LOT LESS offensive than the word whites came up with to describe white girls who are down a$$ chicks for the brothers. And, if you read it correctly, I did not equate the word to love-love relationships. On other posts women have said their men have used it when asking a guy about his girl, but I haven't heard it used in that context.

My thinking is people should just be more open minded and relaxed when it comes to matters about race because the more relaxed and opened minded you on any given subject, the less jumpy and offended you'll find yourself feeling when that subject is brought up.

HOPE4FUTURE
07-18-2006, 04:50 AM
I've never heard this word used before but I think its really cute too and I would have no problem if someone said it to me. The same with wigger, my man said thats what people call whites in love with blacks and I thought that was so cute too and I laughed when he told me that. To me it sounds like a teddy bear thats all cuddly and cute. I think some people make too much out of these words.

MandyMeMe
07-18-2006, 06:07 AM
I'm laughing right now because some people can sit back and read this whole theread and blow it off and take out of it what they want and leave the rest behind. Then we got other people's who take everything said here very personally and get all upset. Hey, people are just giving thier opinion and that's that! Yall relax and enjoy!

Loty4572
07-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Mandy,

You said it best!!!!

Loty4572 aka "Indio's snowbunny":thumbsup:

zhane
07-19-2006, 01:28 AM
I guess everyone should think about the delivery of what exactly it is they are trying to say before they post because all of us have different experiences and personalities so of course, we all will react differently. What offends one may not offend the next and what one understands the next may not. Anything that has something to do with race can be touchy for anyone and if the tables were turned I am sure some others would have been offended as well. Really in our society anything that affects a specific race becomes a touchy subject and no one wants to feel uncomfortable in here!

dalya38
07-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Well, I go skiing, and when I get all dolled up in my gear I call myself a snowbunny:D .. and I'm as brown as they come..:eek: .. just thought I'd throw a little humor in here..:thumbsup:

HeSoHandsome
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
. . . Really in our society anything that affects a specific race becomes a touchy subject and no one wants to feel uncomfortable in here!
I am completely comfortable talking about race and that's because I am completely comfortable in my skin and in who I am within myself.

Some white women here have said that a white woman with a black man is taboo. IMO, that's not taboo -- what seems to be the taboo is TALKING ABOUT RACE. I like to think when you talk about things, you learn things. Like for instance, "what is a snowbunny". Had nobody asked and we not talked about it, some of us would not of even known what it is because before this thread, I never heard of it.

You want to make race a touchy subject, invite some people from the Stormfront site and from the c.o.s and police site that have come down extra hard on blacks or on interracial couples. It is THOSE CONVERSATIONS that I'd call touchy. This here that we talk about comes across more as enlightening to me, and, sometimes even comically funny.

MonkeyBoi77
07-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I asked some friends myself ( black guys who have been in the system) the snowbunny is a white woman who is down with the black men, sometimes it can be deragatory depending on who is using it and sometimes its a term of endearment!

Lylac
07-20-2006, 07:28 PM
I asked my baby... he said a chick who loves the snow, ski that type of thing... he's from colorado.

Then he said just a white chick down for her chocolate man. I don't mind it. It's kinda like b!#$h. I am a strong woman and for that some may call me b. But other times it's nasty...

HeSoHandsome
07-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Some black men do believe it's easier to use a white sister than a black sistah, and that financially he'll go a longer way with the white sister than he will with the black sistah. They know the white sistahs be feelin them and ladies -- they are not mad atcha :p nor do many have a problem returning that love. :p So when he say he gon get a snowbunny and in his mind it's because he wants to use a her, it's not the word snowbunny that's derrogatory -- it's his intention of why he wants to be with the woman that's derrogatory.

Regarding the endearment -- endearment is a nice feeling. So when he say he gon hang with or he gon get or he was chillin with some snowbunnies, it's not the word snowbunny that's the endearment because that's just the word to describe her skin color. It's that nice feeling about her/them that's the endearment.

I agree with what Monkeyboi said but I just wanted to put some clarrification on the derrogatory and the endearment, and I sure do hope and pray that yall get what I'm saying here, and that you get it without getting upset or offensive. Please try and remember that these are not my feelings, I'm just delivering what I know on this.

When flipping races -- I can only wonder if the white brothers, likewise, have a word that they call the sistahs and, it sure would be interesting to know how they use it. :D :confused:

MonkeyBoi77
07-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I understand what ya meant I can see it from a endearment and deragatory way. Its like when I say my bitch or something, I can do it as endearment, joking or rude way ya know.

I would have to ask one of my white bois what they call the black sistahs they are with and how its used.

AngelC79
07-22-2006, 07:45 PM
WEll.. I am a white woman with a black man.. My baby has called me snow... but that wasn't in a deragatory term. I have read all of the posts and what I have taken from them is.... In different states it means different things. No biggie.. I just know I better not be called no snow bunny when i goto NY :) them fighting words if I have read these other threads right lol....
I really don't think it is termed a bad word tho.. because I will be hanging with my 'boys' and they call all white girls snow or snowbunny... More so in a 'playa-g type' way... i don't think it is to down anyone...
Now there are some white girls out here that 'trick' all of their cash on their dudes... and the word most people call them down here in Houston is ===== DUMB

one_luv
07-22-2006, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=HeSoHandsome]Some black men do believe it's easier to use a white sister than a black sistah, and that financially he'll go a longer way with the white sister than he will with the black sistah. They know the white sistahs be feelin them and ladies -- they are not mad atcha :p nor do many have a problem returning that love. :p So when he say he gon get a snowbunny and in his mind it's because he wants to use a her, it's not the word snowbunny that's derrogatory -- it's his intention of why he wants to be with the woman that's derrogatory.

Yep, what she said.

AngelC79
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
To be honest I feel it all depends on the context of how they use it....I agree with the above post because some blk men feel they can use a white woman (definitely not me tho I am very harsh lol) easier... but hopefully the 'snowbunnies' are smart enuff to realize what is goin on...

HeSoHandsome
07-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Texas is a HARD STATE so Angel I AM VERY HAPPY that your man made parole!! That's wonderful girl. :o

AngelC79
07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks!! We are very blessed!! hopefully about 30 more days until he is home!!!!!!

MonkeyBoi77
07-24-2006, 04:26 PM
I talked to one of the white boys who is with a black woman, from what I got and this is just me and how I see it, they white boys do the same as the black men with white women, they can be either deragatory or term of endearment.

HeSoHandsome
07-25-2006, 08:22 AM
^^^ That's what my husband said too Monkeyboi. I had asked him something not on this subject and the answer he gave me was very similar to what you said.

MonkeyBoi77
07-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I kinda figured that he would say something similar, so no we know its kinda on the same consensous

RMD4EVER
07-29-2006, 12:41 PM
i Just Came Across This Post And It Made Me Smile,a Snowbunny Is What Blk Men Call Wht Girls ,i Am My Husbands Snowbunny And It Is Used As A Term Of Endearment!

HOPE4FUTURE
07-30-2006, 05:55 AM
I asked my man and he said that it is a white girl with a black man. I asked if there was anything else and he said there wasn't. I told him what was said about the being able to get money from a white girl and he said, "Well, where's mine???" I told him it was said that it coud be a nice thing or a not so nice thing and he said that it depends on the person.

MonkeyBoi77
07-31-2006, 06:17 PM
dont forget it depends on the person who is using the term and how they use it

Pumpkin159
11-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Ok I am a white girl who is with a Puerto Rican guy. He called me his snowbunny one time after all the guys in there were saying "you have a snowbunny"? I didn't take offense to it at all. Shit I don't give a shit what color me or man are. We love each other and that's all that matters. We usually call each other babe or baby so if he wants to call me his snowbunny it's fine by me. :)

cdmack
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Ok I am a white girl who is with a Puerto Rican guy. He called me his snowbunny one time after all the guys in there were saying "you have a snowbunny"? I didn't take offense to it at all. Shit I don't give a shit what color me or man are. We love each other and that's all that matters. We usually call each other babe or baby so if he wants to call me his snowbunny it's fine by me. :)

Here is the definition of a snow bunny that I got out of a ghetto slang dictionary:

Snow Bunny
Urban coloquial for caucassean women.

a white female; this expression is commonly used to describe a white female who mingles amoung black males; can be used as a sign of approval

white girl friend or ho

Cocaine addict, usually female. Also refers to chicks who snowboard.

PTO-92958
11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I grew up in Vermont near a ski resort, and all female skiiers are referred to as "snowbunnies". :ha: But actually, yeah, it is used as a reference to white women by black men. I'm my baby's "Snowbizzle" and it was never used in a derogotory manner. I think it's cute when he calls me that. I guess that some guys may use it in a negative context...there's always that one person who twists everything.:blah:

DoRunRun
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
lol this word is so versitile it's ridiculous... it can be used in a variety of ways, some being endearing and others being derogatory. In college my best friend dated one of the basketball team stars and they used "snowbunny" to refer to someone who would give oral sex and swallow (definitely derogatory)... I personally dated a frat boy, and they used "snowbunny" in reference to a girl who was into cocaine (middle of the road). Now my boyfriend is in prison, where "snowbunny" is used as a term to describe any white girl who is down for a black guy (endearing).