View Full Version : WHO tells U ur approved?

waiting&waiting
11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Once the visitation form is sent back, WHO tells you that you have been approved? I know the form says that the inmate has to notify the visitor of approval but is that the only way? This is for NKSP - Reception Inmate

monet420
11-05-2005, 05:37 PM
The Inmate has to tell you if you are approved or not

waiting&waiting
11-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks...Do you know when inmates are given their release dates? And is that something only he'll be able to tell me also?

Thanks again for all your help!

loveisdeeper
11-05-2005, 06:43 PM
We had to wait for 90 days when my baby was in reception.Once they see the counselor he will tell them where he is going to spend his remaing time at and his release date.

delibaby
11-05-2005, 09:06 PM
You can try calling the prison and speaking with the visiting people. Sometimes they will tell you if you are approved if you get lucky and get somebody nice. Or another way is to try to make an appointment for a visit and if you are approved they will make the appointment, if not then they won't. If he is in reception you will most likely be going for non contact behind glass. If this is so then you will need an appointment. Hope that helps

delibaby
11-05-2005, 09:10 PM
He will not find out his release date until he is moved out of reception to mainline where he will meet with a councelor and be told his release date. My brother spent 6 weeks in reception in Tehachapi before being moved to CVSP.

monet420
11-05-2005, 09:17 PM
You can try calling the prison and speaking with the visiting people. Sometimes they will tell you if you are approved if you get lucky and get somebody nice. Or another way is to try to make an appointment for a visit and if you are approved they will make the appointment, if not then they won't. If he is in reception you will most likely be going for non contact behind glass. If this is so then you will need an appointment. Hope that helps

I Know where my man is at they will not tell you anything over the phone you have to wait till the give the paper to the inmate...It took me almost 3 months to get approved to go visit...They are very slow......

justvicki
11-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Guy is at NKSP in Delano. He submitted an Inmate Request for Interview (form GA-22) asking for his EPRD. They returned it to him with the date and he sent it to me. When he was at San Quentin the approval for me to visit was given to him, and I assume it will be the same at Delano.

waiting&waiting
11-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks so much!!! Also this info actually helps me through this tough time. I'll try calling to make an appointment for visit and see what happens. I'll also let him know to ask for his EPRD.

rachel225
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
If he's out of reception you can find out when his release date is...and he has to tell you your approved or you can call the visiting room and they will tell you

kreepsgirl
11-06-2005, 09:38 PM
The inmate will tell you if you are approved and he should know his release date and be able to tell you that as well. Some are superstitious ((sp?)) and dont like to tell their date until it gets close.