View Full Version : FCI Hazelton WV has been on lockdown

Atalie
11-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I just received a letter from my brother, he said they had been on lockdown for several days. he said he could not tell me why in the letter, but would tell me when he sees me. he said they were doing cell to cell checks, and were taking everything from them that made life a little more comfortable. That is all I know. If anyone else knows more, please post.

agape1961
11-07-2005, 05:29 AM
My fiance is also at Hazelton and wrote to me that Hazelton was on lockdown. Yesterday they were let out for 45mins and he called me. He doesn't know why lockdown occurred. He stated that everyone gets punished but the administration does not say why. Definitely not fair!

April07
11-07-2005, 12:53 PM
It must be commonplace for everyone to get punished when a few "misbehave". Earlier this summer, Sandstone went on lockdown because 4 guys decided to go on a food strike - they went unit by unit questioning everyone. I think the lockdown lasted about 3-4 days. It seems ridiculous to punish everyone for the actions of a few, unless those actions actually threaten the security of the institution... IMO of course :)

Mongo's Mama
11-07-2005, 01:11 PM
I had posted this earlier, as soon as I had found out (Wednesday night or Thursday morning). I don't know why they were on lockdown either, my man was in the hole at the time.

They let them off lockdown yesterday (I called and asked). They said the phones are back up and running too.

I was wanting to start a group for us Hazelton girls to keep connected but no one ever replied to my post! My man just got moved there (and he hates it so much!) and I thought it would be a good idea to have a group. I was getting ready for my first visit and just happened to call and find out they were on lockdown. Luckily, I found that out in time to cancel my hotel reservations and arrangements at work!

Atalie
11-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Mongos Mama, I would love a group for us Hazelton people. I guess I never saw your post. I will pm you about it.

Atalie
11-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I just talked to my brother and he said the lockdown had something to do with a hunger strike. He would not say much, being nervous about talking on the phone. He really does not like it there. It is very regimented, and they are working on the yard so he said they would probably not get outside until December. They have tunnels you can go through to get to the other buildings, so they never have to go outside. He said most of the CO's are decent and respectful though. Thats all I know right now.

Littlejohnsgirl
11-09-2005, 08:41 AM
I am new to this site and very interested in participating in a group for those with loved ones at Hazelton. I too have been keeping up to date on the lock down situation and also received a phone call on Wednesday when they were let out to shower and call for 45 minutes. I had planned to make the trip down there this weekend also and called only to get the disappointing news that the lock down would be in place all weekend.

Atalie
11-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Littlejohnsgirl, welcome to PTO, I think it is great you want to be part of this. I think it will be so helpful to be in touch with each other about hazelton. Kind of like having solidarity with each other. I will pm you as soon as I hear from Mongos Mama.

Atalie
11-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Clarence'sKat, I hope you will join us also! I will pm you also as soon as I know something.