View Full Version : Hodge Prison Unit....Rusk,Texas Prison

mlv
10-26-2005, 05:59 AM
My son, who has been incarcerated, for the past 15 years,is at the Hodge Unit, at Rusk, Texas !
He was also at the prison at Navasota, Texas, which was a total of a 500 mile drive for me, for a measly two hour visit !!:mad:
The drive to Rusk is now a 400 mile drive, (roundtrip)which has less traffic,and prettier scenery, and also for a measly two hour visit.:mad:
Yes, I know, I can request a three hour visit, but I start out at 4 AM, and return at 4PM, which makes for a long day !
What really makes my jaws ridgid, is no one wants to go with me, my other sons are so cheap, they won't even volunteer to go with me, to give me a break from driving !!:mad: Their afraid they might have to pay for some gas or lunch !! So I don't even bother to ask them to come along !
So what I have done, is instead of visiting every 60 days, I have extended the visitation to every 90 days, which seems to help !
God only knows, when this incarceration will ever end !! This has been a tremendous burden, and Thank God, I found out about Prison Talk !!
ML

Mike1963
11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
mlv

I live in Tyler.About 35 miles from rusk.And yes the area is nice there.You might want to tell remind your other children that we are on this earth for a limited time.If their brother died tomarrow.How would they feel !! Just a thought !!

God Bless You !!