View Full Version : Need some info - helpful programs for parolees

sassy13
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
My boyfriend will be geting out on parole in a few weeks and we need some info on what kind of programs there are out there to help him.
Someone told him that he could get foodstamps for 90 days and that there are a lot of things and programs to help him get started over again.
But aside from going to the foodstamp office we don't know what else is out there to help him until he can get a job and get started over with his life.So if anyone knows about this could you please help us find out about some of this stuff ?
Thanks

P.S.
We are in Jefferson County.

crisnclay
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey Sassy.. I live in Jefferson County as well. Sorry I dont know what kind of help you can get. Just wanted to let you know im from Jefferson County also

sassy13
10-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi crisnclay,
Thanks for the reply.I hope you haven't had as much trouble with the Jefferson County Court System as my boyfriend has had. Wow, what a run around we have had with them, and don't even get me started on his public defender! But its nice to hear from someone down my way.Hopefully I will be able to find out what we need to know, I just don't know where to begain or how to look that kind of stuff up.
Take care talk to ya later
sassy

sassy13
10-29-2005, 07:17 PM
I have another question my boyfriend's parole plan was aproved on Thursday, does anyone know how long it takes before he will be released? and if they will let him call a cell phone for me to pick him up?
Thanks
sassy

sassy13
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi,
I haven't been here in a while b/c my boyfriend is home and thats great, but we still need some info on any programs that are out there for newly released prisoners.
Anything would help, such as health programs or school , job programs.
Thanks
sassy

Jade01
01-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't know of any programs (I should start looking because by the end of the year my fiance will also be home), but I just wanted to say congrats on your boyfriend being home! Hopefully someone will come along with some info.