View Full Version : Do You Have Loved Ones at CHINO, CIM

sherry_wine
10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Just want to say:wave:Hello :wave:
My man is at CIM and its alright I guess, and its closer to home:)
The contact visits are okay:drool: but hard not to keep from kissing him and wanting more:blush: :drool: Well he should be home:blah: Okay I'll be nice, cause I know I'm gonna stand by him:heart: forever:heart:
Okay people lets start our Chino form here, post what ever you like
and dislike about Chino. I don't like the fact that visiting is on the outside I mean its nice on warm days, but how about when it rains? We'll all be out under the covered tables but we'll still get wet!!:argh: but I do like that they assign tables that way you know you have a place to sit;)

well come on in and talk to me :thumbsup:
:grouphug:

JulieLD
10-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey there Sherry Wine,

My husband is at Chino too. I just got back last night from spending the weekend visiting him. I live in Northern Cali so I have to fly down there (real drag). You know what drives me nuts, is that guy up in the watch tower with his blow horn telling little kids they cannot play on the slides...how lame is that? or run in the halls - dude's obviously Not a dad! There's so many ridiculous rules that are enforced so inconsistently..... When that guy with his blow horn yells at us not to kiss.... i wanted yell back at him "we're married for goodness sakes, wtf?" Some of the guards are really cool, but there's a ton of new ones and they're all business.

What I do like about it is it's relatively easy to get in compared to what I've heard at some facilities. I'm sure I can think of something else I like eventually??

Anyway, I'm sure we have lots to discuss!!

Thanks for starting this forum!

Julie

jen70
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
My husband was in Lancaster for a while, and in comparison, Chino is HEAVEN!! Okay, heaven might be a little extreme, but it's so much better than Lancaster. The guards are way nicer and the freedom during visit's is much more. All tho, I do agree that the new guards are all business...

Quick question...does anyone know what happened in Oak Hall friday night? I went to see my husband Saturday morning, and after an hour and a half in line was told that the Hispanic's in Oak Hall had their visits cancelled for the entire weekend....ugh! And MCI (ugh!!!) blocked my phone AGAIN so he couldnt call either...

Thanks for any info. and see you all in line!! :)

JulieLD
10-24-2005, 09:49 AM
My husband just told me that somebody got beat up. I saw a girl on Saturday get turned away because of it - that's so sad, I felt for her. If these guys are going to fight, why can't they do it on a Sunday night!! Most likely there are trying to impact the visits for the weekend unfortunately.

I would be interested in hearing how it was at Lancaster so I can be more thankful (even though I still have a 6 hour drive to get there or a $200 airline ticket!!).

thanks!

sherry_wine
10-26-2005, 12:55 AM
:wave:Hi JulieLD :wave:
:wave: Hello jen70 :wave:
Yeah Julie I hear you about "Mr HighTower" I Thought okay you know the parents are close by relax~~~yeah and the new Guards,:blah: give me a break, well give them a month I guess and hopefully they will relax!! So the Hispanic's in Oak Hall had thier visits cancelled,:eek: that is awful!!! well I didn't go this :shake: weekend, I hope I make it this coming Weekend cause I need my *FIX*
I need to :drool: :drool: kiss his sweet Lips :drool: :drool:
well this is for what ever goes on in Chino,so let's have Our say :thumbsup:
:grouphug: :hifive:

JulieLD
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi Sherry Wine - Good to hear from you.

I saw this article today about the CIM getting even more crowded!! My next visit will be November 6th.... I need my fix too!!!! Miss him!!!

http://www2.sbsun.com/news/ci_3151059

sherry_wine
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
:eek: That is way too many people and not enough c/o's:angry:
Can't wait til my man is out!!
well some people in there need to get busy and move the men out to other prisons:idea: Well stop to say hello
I'm in love today:yes: :yay:
I got a letter from him:yay: :dance: :yay: :dance: :clap:

sherry_wine
10-26-2005, 07:50 PM
http://www.savetookie.com/
Please read and sign thank-you

phatbaby
10-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Ugh! My Honey is in Chino. I have been driving from San Diego every Sat. morning, staying over night for Sun. visit since June. (unless I'm sick) His release date is Dec. 26th. I will be so glad when it is over. This is my first jail experience, hopefully my last. My biggest complaint is the long line to check in. Kissing and such isnt an issue since we had just met prior to him going to Chino. I laugh at the behavior of most guards. Have you seen the hispanic guard hiding around the trees with binoculars. Its so funny to watch him try and catch someone in action. They act as though they are protecting our President. I have come closer to him than probably any of them. (I once worked for Donald R.) Most dont know that it only takes a H.S. diploma to get their jobs. Once I got over my fear of going into a jail and found out the education needed for a guard job, made everything alot better for me.

phatbaby
10-27-2005, 03:24 AM
I forgot to add my real reason for posting for Chino. I over heard a conversation between a guard and a visitor on my Sun. visit Oct. 16th, I believe that was the day it was raining, anyway, if it rains to much to hard they will cancel visits.

jen70
10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
My husband said that they posted a memo in the dorms a few weeks back saying that if it rains too hard they cancel visits due to the visiting yard flooding....

I've seen that officer with his binoculars too...cracks me up! :)

sherry_wine
10-27-2005, 04:11 PM
:wave: Hello and Welcome to our Chino form:wave:
phatbaby that is too funny the guard hiding around the trees with binoculars:haha: :ha: LOL one time My man and I had four guards watching us!:haha: :ha: :haha: :shrug: And we weren't doing anything wrong:blah:
I wish we were:haha: :ha: :nono: well not there LOL thats really nice you only have til the 26th of Dec.:fb: :yay: :dance: :dance: :fb: :fb: :yay: :yay: :dance: :dance: :yay: :fb: Getting out of prison Dance whooohoo:thumbsup: :clap:

phatbaby
10-27-2005, 08:31 PM
I guess I'm a little more institutionalized than I had planned. I ask questions, alot of them. It helps that I am a people person too. Chit chatting while in lines got me real wise to what goes on in there. How many of you know that if you tip the inmate who assigns seating a few quarters and give him a real pretty smile, you can get him to assign you any table you want? Could also help keep you from getting bumped on busy visiting days. :-) I should have taken creative writing in school instead of music and drama. I say I could write a book on the tricks and trades of an inmate and their superiors. They live in a world of their own in there and you would be surprised at who does their housekeeping and shopping. ;)

sherry_wine
10-27-2005, 10:05 PM
:confused:

I guess I'm a little more institutionalized than I had planned. I ask questions, alot of them. It helps that I am a people person too. Chit chatting while in lines got me real wise to what goes on in there. How many of you know that if you tip the inmate who assigns seating a few quarters and give him a real pretty smile, you can get him to assign you any table you want? Could also help keep you from getting bumped on busy visiting days. :-) I should have taken creative writing in school instead of music and drama. I say I could write a book on the tricks and trades of an inmate and their superiors. They live in a world of their own in there and you would be surprised at who does their housekeeping and shopping. ;)

sherry_wine
10-31-2005, 01:55 AM
Okay, where are all the Chino people??
:wave: Hello:wave:
I had a very nice visit on Saturday, :yay: :fb: :dance: :dance: :fb: :yay:
Yeah it was that good!:thumbsup:
and when I got home I had a letter from him:yay: :yay: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance: :clap:
So yes I'm in love:drool: :heart: :heart: :drool: But it will be better when he gets home:drool: :heart: :drool:
did everybody else have good visits??:clap:
come on in and share:D
Well I hope everyone did!! and I hope everybody gets MAIL:thumbsup: :clap:
cause I know I feel all in love:clap: :yay: :yay::fb: :fb: :dance: :dance:

JulieLD
10-31-2005, 09:45 AM
I didn't visit this weekend (cause I'm 372 miles away!), but we're on for a two day next weekend :love: ..... I did get a paper rose from him that was way cool....

I asked Richard (RPinSD) who's very experienced with Chino and he said they still had visits during the rainy days.... I sure hope they haven't changed that policy cause then I'll never know when to make the trek!

How was this vending food this weekend? The weekend before I got the fried chicken and potatoes and the chicken was dry and rubbery.... the month before it was great.... Hopefully the coffee machine was up and running with cups!!

kittenn0816
11-01-2005, 11:05 PM
LOL, at tipping quarters LOL, what could he do with them? I thought they weren't suppose to have actual "money" I don't mean to sound silly just wondering.

Jas :)

jen70
11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I was kind of curious about the whole "quarter tip" too. :)

sherry_wine
11-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Please you can't get much for a Quarter these days,so don't even try it!:p
they have ways of getting money, and its more than a Quarter:thumbsup:

hurt&confused
11-05-2005, 10:27 AM
hi, sherry my man is in chino, and i guess he is in the reception area whatever that means. I need to know as much as i can about chino. what can you tell me about it and what is the average time spent there. what goes on during the reception time. and so forth. thanks in advance for your reply

sherry_wine
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
:wave:Hello everyone and welcome hurt&confused :wave:
okay to start off your man is in po box 441, 386, or on the east yard:thumbsup: and while they are waiting to see thier conselor he will
get his visits behind glass hope this helps and I'll post more:thumbsup: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :rock:

sherry_wine
11-05-2005, 09:13 PM
:wave:Hello :wave:
Hey did anyone else visit today?? hey pink jacket I didn't see you today where were you???lol:D : :haha: :ha:
well I had a great visit:drool:with my love :drool: it was a very nice day on the yard:thumbsup: Heard an inmate tired to excape so that yard was on lock down for most of the day, they came out around 1:30, and my love :drool: and I were told we need to seperate, by a female c/o:eek: :o we did:o and we went back to just holding hands:thumbsup: but we still were talking naughty ;) :blush: ;) hope everyone had a good one Love to all:p
:clap: :clap: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :clap: :clap:

sherry_wine
11-06-2005, 05:52 PM
:wave:Hey everyone :wave:

How is everybody, well I had a great visit today,:p

But I heard some :eek: scray bad news..... A couple last week:eek: had sex right there on thier table:eek: in front of everyone and thier children, :angry: tell me is this :yuck: sick or is this sick,:yuck: :angry: well in my book this not only :yuck: sick this is the :angry: lowest you can go,:angry:
come on people in front of the kids, :angry: and not only that they were sitting across from each other while doing it??? :angry: NOW get this we have to sit across from our love one to visit now :angry: :shake: :no: I don't understand these people, come on now if you can't control yourselves than don't visit this is not your time to show off, not in front of kids, Kids don't know to look away and they shouldn't be put in that situation. And how did they pull that off with all the C/O's walking around?? I had my arm wrapped around his talking to him, and as soon as I did that :slap: a C/O was right there telling us to seperate:blah: but they have to do that and I'm cool with the rule I understand, but lifting my skirt never okay you hear me... and I'm upset cause they did this in front of other people's kids....
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

but today was a nice one besides the fact I had to hear all that Crap
well take care and I'll post more later:thumbsup:
hope and pray you and your love ones had a good visit:D
:yay: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :yay:

raynards4ever
11-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Sherry--thought I'd come over and visit :D.
Wow having sex on the table in front of the kids:eek:that is sick.:angry: Sure everybody gets a little touchy feely from time to time but most people show respect to others--especially the kids. Not only that but now it effects everyones future visits. How totally sad, selfish and disrespectful--sorry that happened. However I'm glad to hear that you had a nice visit.
Well the three muskateers (Raynards, Kali and Converse) prevailed in their quest to ISP visiting!!:D It was a great visit!! Thanks for your support and encouraging words!!!:thumbsup:
I fell asleep :sleepy: last night and never got a chance to freeze anyones underware:haha:. Take care and lots of luv to you and the rest of the peeps on this thread!

sherry_wine
11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey Sherry--thought I'd come over and visit :D.
Wow having sex on the table in front of the kids:eek:that is sick.:angry: Sure everybody gets a little touchy feely from time to time but most people show respect to others--especially the kids. Not only that but now it effects everyones future visits. How totally sad, selfish and disrespectful--sorry that happened. However I'm glad to hear that you had a nice visit.
Well the three muskateers (Raynards, Kali and Converse) prevailed in their quest to ISP visiting!!:D It was a great visit!! Thanks for your support and encouraging words!!!:thumbsup:
I fell asleep :sleepy: last night and never got a chance to freeze anyones underware:haha:. Take care and lots of luv to you and the rest of the peeps on this thread!

:wave:Hello Raynards4ever :wave:
hey girl I'm so happy you three muskateers ( so you get that title after the tear gas )lol got to get your visits now I can again BRAG about Mines!!!:ha: :haha: :fb: :dance:
and yeah its too bad people could be so thoughtless of the young ones
I just hope these people Don't have kids, and I thank God they did not do it in front of me (I Might in prison myself right now) cause I would have lost it
you know once a mother always a mother!!! well take care and welcome to the Chino Thread come on back Anytime, you know you girls are my (Homies)
I should be making that trip to Chucky's House:D But its all good and we still can get together one day :thumbsup:

Much love And Support for all who need it:thumbsup: :hifive:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

raynards4ever
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Right on sherry_wine--if you ever come out this way you know you got a spot you can kick it at!:thumbsup: lol--you are right we are the three muskatears!!

:wave:Hello Raynards4ever :wave:
hey girl I'm so happy you three muskateers ( so you get that title after the tear gas )lol got to get your visits now I can again BRAG about Mines!!!:ha: :haha: :fb: :dance:
and yeah its too bad people could be so thoughtless of the young ones
I just hope these people Don't have kids, and I thank God they did not do it in front of me (I Might in prison myself right now) cause I would have lost it
you know once a mother always a mother!!! well take care and welcome to the Chino Thread come on back Anytime, you know you girls are my (Homies)
I should be making that trip to Chucky's House:D But its all good and we still can get together one day :thumbsup:

Much love And Support for all who need it:thumbsup: :hifive:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

sherry_wine
11-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Right on sherry_wine--if you ever come out this way you know you got a spot you can kick it at!:thumbsup: lol--you are right we are the three muskatears!!

Okay, Raynards4ever
don't think i can't find you...
all I have to do is look for that all beat-up postman and ask him where is the woman, (Or women) who did this to you and He'll show me where you Live:haha: :ha: :haha:

BnRConverse
11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone-muskeTEAR #2 or #3 here lol!!!
Anyway I cant believe all that:angry: , those poor little eyes in there!!! NOT COOL!!! I had my leg up on the bench today (you know when I was finally able to visit after the "tears" yesterday!!!) and they were like can you put your leg down, the camera's cant see past I was like umm ok...
Anyways glad you had a good visit!!!:D

sherry_wine
11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone-muskeTEAR #2 or #3 here lol!!!
Anyway I cant believe all that:angry: , those poor little eyes in there!!! NOT COOL!!! I had my leg up on the bench today (you know when I was finally able to visit after the "tears" yesterday!!!) and they were like can you put your leg down, the camera's cant see past I was like umm ok...
Anyways glad you had a good visit!!!:D

:wave:Hello BnRConverse :wave:
Aka:muskeTEAR#2(only cause you reply before Kaligirl)lol:haha:
Yeah that was not right, bad people sooo not cool!!
thank-you for visiting our little And humble Chino thread:thumbsup:
and yes my visit was sooo good, I was jumping up and for joy....
okay maybe I was just Happy... the only jumping this body does anymore is in bed:slap: That was meant in a good way:thumbsup: :clap: :clap:
well I'm glad you (TEARS x3) got some good time in today;) :hifive:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
And stop and say hello to an old ex Chucky' s house visitor :yes:

sherry_wine
11-08-2005, 07:25 AM
:wave: HELLO:wave:

okay where are are my Chino people
come by and chat, okay even if your love one isn't in Chino you can still stop and say hello :thumbsup: :yes:

sherry_wine
11-08-2005, 07:29 AM
LOOK at ME soooooooo lonely:( :yes:
okay I'm:sleepy: :hmm: need my bed:haha: :ha: :haha:
:love: to all:thumbsup:

:hifive: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hifive:

sherry_wine
11-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Hello just stopping in to say Hello
HELLO

raynards4ever
11-10-2005, 11:53 PM
[/URL] Hello to you--I'm home for the weekend yay:yay: and right now I'm going to go to sleep:sleepy: but just wanted to stop in and holla at the Chino ladies and to say d [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_56.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)! Anywho missy what's been going on with you? Well, I'll be looking for you tomorrow--good night!:D

Hello just stopping in to say Hello
HELLO

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb064&pp=ZUYYYYYYYYUS (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb064_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)

jen70
11-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone! How are you SherryWine? :D It's almost time to jump in line to visit!! I'll see you all out there....drive safe! :D

sherry_wine
11-11-2005, 04:42 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

sherry_wine
11-11-2005, 04:51 PM
[/URL] Hello to you--I'm home for the weekend yay:yay: and right now I'm going to go to sleep:sleepy: but just wanted to stop in and holla at the Chino ladies and to say d [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_56.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)! Anywho missy what's been going on with you? Well, I'll be looking for you tomorrow--good night!:D

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb064&pp=ZUYYYYYYYYUS (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb064_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)

Hello Miss raynards4ever
how are you??? I just finished writing you and my:eek: computer ate it????
or something like that :angry:
well happy v-day to you tOOO:p
hows work?? Hope you like it or it likes you and is being really nice:thumbsup:
Thank-you for the visit.... much love:grouphug:

BnRConverse
11-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone, I thought I would bring somehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)love over to you...I'll http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/21/21_1_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS) too...te hee
ok Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sherry_wine
11-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Hello everyone, I thought I would bring somehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)love over to you...I'll http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/21/21_1_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS) too...te hee
ok Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WWWWWWWHAT happened to my Post!!! ARRRRGGGGG>>I'll fix it later got to go!!!:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

raynards4ever
11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey Sherry,
So what's going on over here? I'm sitting here staring at my closet wondering http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)what am I gonna wear tomorrow. New car huh--right on, now that I've started working my imagination is going wild on what I'm gonna be buying for me, my girls and of course my baby. Shoot I've been broke for a minute and I'm really tired of this condition. But anywho--you have a great visit tomorrow--and come by and post and let us know how it went. :thumbsup: luv ya

raynards4ever
11-11-2005, 06:22 PM
hey converse what's up girl

sherry_wine
11-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Hey Sherry,
So what's going on over here? I'm sitting here staring at my closet wondering http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)what am I gonna wear tomorrow. New car huh--right on, now that I've started working my imagination is going wild on what I'm gonna be buying for me, my girls and of course my baby. Shoot I've been broke for a minute and I'm really tired of this condition. But anywho--you have a great visit tomorrow--and come by and post and let us know how it went. :thumbsup: luv ya

Hey raynards4ever
I got the okay to visit now, I need to stare at my closet...
or my floor, bed, and the best spot(drum roll) in my dirty clothes hamper.... Lol
but really I need to find something, hey I have this purple shirt if your interested.... :D Lol Sorry I don't do @#&"barneypurple ever!!!!hahaaa

sherry_wine
11-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Hee heee... your here and I was there

raynards4ever
11-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh I see someones got jokes:D. Today was a great visit other than the fact that I had to change my damn pants:mad:--I change at least once every weekend--oh well they will have to come a little harder than that to dampen my spirits--my baby said he don't care if I come in a housecoat, slippers and rollers in my hair--just come.:p

Hey raynards4ever
I got the okay to visit now, I need to stare at my closet...
or my floor, bed, and the best spot(drum roll) in my dirty clothes hamper.... Lol
but really I need to find something, hey I have this purple shirt if your interested.... :D Lol Sorry I don't do @#&"barneypurple ever!!!!hahaaa

sherry_wine
11-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Oh I see someones got jokes:D. Today was a great visit other than the fact that I had to change my damn pants:mad:--I change at least once every weekend--oh well they will have to come a little harder than that to dampen my spirits--my baby said he don't care if I come in a housecoat, slippers and rollers in my hair--just come.:p

WAIT:eek: Is your man and Mine Brothers???

cause he is always so happy to see me and not my clothes:p

raynards4ever
11-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes girl they are brothers of a kindred spirit who are in love with some awesome women!!!!:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
11-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes girl they are brothers of a kindred spirit who are in love with some awesome women!!!!:thumbsup:

:yes: You got that right:yes:

phatbaby
11-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Mine is still at Chino. :-( I did'nt visit last weekend. I came home the previous Sunday with strep throat. I did visit yesterday (wish I could visit today) I was shocked to see that we cannot sit side by side anymore. What happened? Does anyone know? In spite of it I had an awesome visit. We are down to almost less than 30 days. Finally, he laughs and smiles with a good attitude towards never returning. I can't wait to donate my jail visiting clothes. :clap:

sherry_wine
11-13-2005, 02:59 AM
[QUOTE=sherry_wine]:wave:Hey everyone :wave:

How is everybody, well I had a great visit today,:p

But I heard some :eek: scray bad news..... A couple last week:eek: had sex right there on thier table:eek: in front of everyone and thier children, :angry: tell me is this :yuck: sick or is this sick,:yuck: :angry: well in my book this not only :yuck: sick this is the :angry: lowest you can go,:angry:
come on people in front of the kids, :angry: and not only that they were sitting across from each other while doing it??? :angry: NOW get this we have to sit across from our love one to visit now :angry: :shake: :no: I don't understand these people, come on now if you can't control yourselves than don't visit this is not your time to show off, not in front of kids, Kids don't know to look away and they shouldn't be put in that situation. And how did they pull that off with all the C/O's walking around?? I had my arm wrapped around his talking to him, and as soon as I did that :slap: a C/O was right there telling us to seperate:blah: but they have to do that and I'm cool with the rule I understand, but lifting my skirt never okay you hear me... and I'm upset cause they did this in front of other people's kids....
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

but today was a nice one besides the fact I had to hear all that Crap

:angry: HERE'S WHY!!!!:angry:

sherry_wine
11-13-2005, 03:05 AM
Mine is still at Chino. :-( I did'nt visit last weekend. I came home the previous Sunday with strep throat. I did visit yesterday (wish I could visit today) I was shocked to see that we cannot sit side by side anymore. What happened? Does anyone know? In spite of it I had an awesome visit. We are down to almost less than 30 days. Finally, he laughs and smiles with a good attitude towards never returning. I can't wait to donate my jail visiting clothes. :clap:
Congrats on him coming home!!
and those prison clothes I'm glad I kept mine they are useful everytime:D

phatbaby
11-13-2005, 03:09 AM
I'm with you Ms. Sherry, It's disgusting that adults can't control themselves in public much less to be so ignorant to display such acts in front of children. I figured someone got real stupid when I was told no sitting side by side. I hope he was given some more time and she was suspended for his entire stay. WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?:angry:

phatbaby
11-13-2005, 03:11 AM
GRRRRRR!!!!! Ms. Sherry, There won't be another time. :blah: What's you size? I'll send em' to you. :thumbsup: With lotsa luv!

phatbaby
11-13-2005, 05:24 AM
WoW! I miss alot when I don't log on for a few days. I went back and read this forum from the beginning and I saw a couple of :confused: regarding my tip comment so I thought before logging off I would try and explain what I meant. I was making fun (at myself for the most) in how I now know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE/BELIEVABLE when dealing with our correctional institutions. Only because during my early experiences I practically bowed down to anyone in uniform and was afraid of any inmate who passed me. Now after 6 mos. of conversations (guards, visitors, inmates) via waiting, ie; entrance thru front door, detector, pass cage, check-in for table #, vending machine, wait for loved one to arrive, and then the check out process. I have gained alot of knowledge, not all is what it seems. A few quarters isnt much to us on the outside and I heard a (1) cigarette can cost as much as $5.00 on the inside but if one is collecting .50 cents from 50 people, thats hmm.. could be 5-6, grande vanilla lattes at starbucks. Not in there of course, but to one who doesnt have anyone loving them on the outside giving support, a quarter is alot. Especially, if you receive alot of them. Try passing a quarter or so to the guy who cleans your table, he will make sure all the bird &*%$ is cleaned off and thank you with a smile. Another form of tipping out is with drinks and snacks from the machines. Of course you have to build a rep. with the one you are dealing with, guards, who are only human (or robot) and the inmates who most I've found to be good people they just made some bad choices along the line, but if they got what you need ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. FYI... Just this past week an inmate was found with 18 ea. $20.00 bills. He was written up and facing 3 mo. added to his sentence, but he was able to buy back the paperwork for $250.00 before it was processed into the computer system. Now maybe that story is fabricated (I've heard soooo many) and I'm thinking NO WAY! and How is that possible? I wonder even WHY? He cant shop at the mall, I'm amazed at even some of the things I see, now that I'm aware, you'd be surprised, but the tipping, that's a fact. I tip! Makes things alot easier on my visits.

sherry_wine
11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
GRRRRRR!!!!! Ms. Sherry, There won't be another time. :blah: What's you size? I'll send em' to you. :thumbsup: With lotsa luv!

you go girl!!! Congrats and I'm happy you won't need those prison Clothes
again I wish I could say the same. He says this is the last time:rolleyes:
like I said I WISH!!!

sherry_wine
11-13-2005, 06:32 PM
WoW! I miss alot when I don't log on for a few days. I went back and read this forum from the beginning and I saw a couple of :confused: regarding my tip comment so I thought before logging off I would try and explain what I meant. I was making fun (at myself for the most) in how I now know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE/BELIEVABLE when dealing with our correctional institutions. Only because during my early experiences I practically bowed down to anyone in uniform and was afraid of any inmate who passed me. Now after 6 mos. of conversations (guards, visitors, inmates) via waiting, ie; entrance thru front door, detector, pass cage, check-in for table #, vending machine, wait for loved one to arrive, and then the check out process. I have gained alot of knowledge, not all is what it seems. A few quarters isnt much to us on the outside and I heard a (1) cigarette can cost as much as $5.00 on the inside but if one is collecting .50 cents from 50 people, thats hmm.. could be 5-6, grande vanilla lattes at starbucks. Not in there of course, but to one who doesnt have anyone loving them on the outside giving support, a quarter is alot. Especially, if you receive alot of them. Try passing a quarter or so to the guy who cleans your table, he will make sure all the bird &*%$ is cleaned off and thank you with a smile. Another form of tipping out is with drinks and snacks from the machines. Of course you have to build a rep. with the one you are dealing with, guards, who are only human (or robot) and the inmates who most I've found to be good people they just made some bad choices along the line, but if they got what you need ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. FYI... Just this past week an inmate was found with 18 ea. $20.00 bills. He was written up and facing 3 mo. added to his sentence, but he was able to buy back the paperwork for $250.00 before it was processed into the computer system. Now maybe that story is fabricated (I've heard soooo many) and I'm thinking NO WAY! and How is that possible? I wonder even WHY? He cant shop at the mall, I'm amazed at even some of the things I see, now that I'm aware, you'd be surprised, but the tipping, that's a fact. I tip! Makes things alot easier on my visits.

OKay OKay I know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE and BELIEVABLE when its in there
I know that they do alot of stuff!!

sherry_wine
11-14-2005, 09:44 PM
:eek: where is everyone:eek:

sherry_wine
11-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey look what I found
:hmm: hmmm...The Warden had a line staff meeting yesterday in RCC Central. He spoke of the Mission changes coming to CIM. He said he wants to see Eastyard as a EOP & SNY yard, he stated he wanted to get the inmate population down to 800 inmates on this yard. He stated West yard will be a level 2 with GP inmates. At Central the mission of Reception Center will go to LAC Lancaster and Central would be a level 3 with GP inmates. He said that CIM is to outdated to handle the Reception. He still believes that CIM will get the newly build Mental Health Hospital, he has been in meetings with local government. As we at CIM know Chino hills, wants nothting to do with a more construction at CIM. He spoke of a large scale PIA industry coming back to Level 1 MSF, there are plans to have PIA build modular style building for state use, such as new offices and staff buildings to be used throughout the state.
He stated again that at this time there will be no 12 hour shifts, he did have assignments make a plan. He said the state wants a plan of action for 12 hours shifts just in case.
The Warden then took questions from staff, I think most of us that were there felt the meeting went well.

sherry_wine
11-14-2005, 10:57 PM
My man told this to me
and here it is

CHINO - A 49-year-old man serving a sentence for theft and embezzlement jumped a fence and escaped from a minimum security camp Sunday morning.
David Miller, 49, of Los Angeles, was reported missing from Prado Conservation Camp in Chino at 11:15 a.m., said Correctional Lt. Michael D'Arcy.

Miller had been a resident of the camp since Oct. 26, D'Arcy said. He was sent to prison on March 9, 2002, and was scheduled for release in 2008.

The suspect was last seen in his bed at 10:30 a.m.

A bloodhound was brought in once his escape was discovered. The bloodhound tracked Miller's scent to a fence on the north side of the facility, D'Arcy said. That fence sits closest to Ayala Park.

D'Arcy described Miller as polite and friendly and not the type of prisoner authorities would suspect in an escape attempt. He has no history of violence, D'Arcy said.

"When you first meet him, he comes across as "yes ma'am,' "no sir,' not the typical guy we get in here," D'Arcy said.

Miller is described as a dark-complexioned black man, 6 feet tall, 175 pounds with brown eyes and a thin build. He has a shaved head and wears a mustache, which is dark with gray hairs throughout. He has no other facial hair and no tattoos.

Miller is not a drug user and has no gang affiliations, D'Arcy said.

By Sunday afternoon, several law enforcement agencies were assisting in the search for Miller, D'Arcy said.

The Ontario Police Department received a call from Chino police around 12:36 p.m., said Ontario police Sgt. Bryan Allen.

Ontario responded by sending a K-9 officer and a supervisor, Allen said. Officers from Montclair and the California Youth Authority also assisted the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in their search, D'Arcy said.

"We pretty much saturated the area to look for him," D'Arcy said.

The area closest to the facility is mostly industrial and businesses. There are homes about a mile behind the prison in Chino Hills, D'Arcy said.

This is not the first escape from Prado camp this year. Brian Moore escaped from the camp on Aug. 12 of this year, D'Arcy said. He has not been caught. Information was not immediately available on why Moore was incarcerated.

Prado is a minimum security facility that houses a maximum of 91 prisoners. Currently, the camp houses 88 male prisoners, D'Arcy said.

The camp consists of six buildings with two separate dorms

sherry_wine
11-14-2005, 11:10 PM
section 13602(b) applies to retired annuitants as rehires and they must complete the parole agent academy before they can be assigned any peace officer duties.

THE VIOLATORS:

Joann Gordon was rehired as a retired annuitant to be the Regional Administrator in Region 3 (Los Angeles) this January. She retired as the warden of CRC last year and has been out of the parole division for more than three years. The Regional Parole Administrator position is a peace officer position and is a position that is mandatorily armed and requires quarterly qualification. She has not completed any modified academy since her return to work as required by departmental policy. As a Peace Officer she has not been issued a firearm nor has she qualified to carry a firearm or completed the requirements of CPOST and the Penal Code.

:eek: Judy Harris is a Deputy Regional Administrator who is currently employed in the Parole and Community Services Headquarters in charge of personnel and business service related functions. She lateraled into the position as an Associate Warden at CIM in Business Services and was never a peace officer prior to her current position. She is mandatorily armed and is in a Peace Officer position yet has no record of completing the requirements of PC832 or qualifying with a firearm in at least the last 3 years. She is fraudulently earning the benefits of a peace officer retirement without meeting the criteria of a peace officer. :eek:

Vivian Yamamoto is a Parole Agent 3 in the Sacramento Natomas Parole Unit and has been out of the parole agent classification for more than 3 years and has not completed any modified academy prior to her assignment to her current peace officer position.

Bruce Jones of the San Leandro Parole complex has been out of the Parole Agent classification for more than 3 years and has not completed any modified academy prior to his assignment to his current peace officer position.

These 4 individuals and many others are in high ranking, policy making positions in an administration that claims to be transparent with high standards of integrity. These individuals are shaping the policies to bring accountability to the Department of Corrections yet the policies and laws seemingly do not apply for them. The Secretary Roderick _Hickman is aware of at least the first two egregious violations yet conspiratorially refuses to address the problems.

Nanoguy
11-15-2005, 08:11 AM
So...Whatcha gonna do about it?

sherry_wine
11-15-2005, 11:28 PM
We went through a microscope with the Audit teams that went through CIM. Alot of proposals were left on the table. Central was looking for some new upgrades to help fix a building that is so old and falling apart.

It was determined that a big problem at Central is the PWC dorm, where lower custody inmates call home, and work as clerks, lead cooks and other labor type functions. During the last several months they have been involved in passing contraband, kites and tobacco to the Reception inmates housed in Central. They have found Playstations, VCR's and cellphones in the PWC dorm. What will it take to get these PWC inmates moved out of Central. It took several write ups and a threat on staff to get the LT. clerk put in ad-seg.

Administration its time to take a look at the PWC dorm and get them moved out to the level 1 yard, and have the workers brought in only during working hours.

sherry_wine
11-18-2005, 01:27 AM
:eek: :eek: Had to bring this back from page #2:eek: :eek:

Okay can anyone stop by and post a few lines????

PLEASE :thumbsup:

raynards4ever
11-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Okay Sherry--here's a few lines ______________________
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)Okay pretty cheesy--sowwy but I couldn't resist. I'm hoping that my sense of humor will kick in so I can shake this crappy feeling:mad:. Anywho, so what's going on over here in the Chino thread? I was reading about the escape, and what irritates me is that the c/o's focus on th silliest things that escapes happen right under their noses. Now don't get me wrong--part of me was like right on Mr. Miller--run, run far away!!! But I mean the c/o's get paid quite a bit of change and this kind of thing should not be happening. Did you hear about the escape from CVSP about a month ago? An inmate on the minimum yard drove off in a c/o's car--the officer dropped his keys:rolleyes:. Okay. Anywho, last I heard they hadn't caught him yet. But again, uh hello job description, escapes are frowned on--at least that's what I thought. And keys whether they are CDC's or your personal keys--still kind of an important thing to keep track of. Shoot, they want to push their damn button if they can't see my one key that I bring in during visiting. And for me the officers concentrate so hard on how tight my pants are that I have come walking through the gates to visiting chewing on a wad of gum. When I get to visiting, I'm like, dang I still have gum, and I take it upon myself to go throw it out. I guess I'm like hey you get paid the big bucks to do a job--then do the damn job and stop trippin off the small stuff. :mad: Okay what else can I
b---h, complain and whine about? Let me stop with the negativity--I'm sure y'all will tell me take my negative attitude and kick rocks back to the ISP thread. So instead of getting my walking papers;) let me say I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend--great visits, lots of mail and calls!!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_22.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_34.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_101.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_118.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)mail and phone dance for all!!:grouphug: :heart: from your ISP sista!!! (That's me in the hula skirt:D)

raynards4ever
11-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Okay where's that Sherry at?:D

sherry_wine
11-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Okay Sherry--here's a few lines ______________________
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)Okay pretty cheesy--sowwy but I couldn't resist. I'm hoping that my sense of humor will kick in so I can shake this crappy feeling:mad:. Anywho, so what's going on over here in the Chino thread? I was reading about the escape, and what irritates me is that the c/o's focus on th silliest things that escapes happen right under their noses. Now don't get me wrong--part of me was like right on Mr. Miller--run, run far away!!! But I mean the c/o's get paid quite a bit of change and this kind of thing should not be happening. Did you hear about the escape from CVSP about a month ago? An inmate on the minimum yard drove off in a c/o's car--the officer dropped his keys:rolleyes:. Okay. Anywho, last I heard they hadn't caught him yet. But again, uh hello job description, escapes are frowned on--at least that's what I thought. And keys whether they are CDC's or your personal keys--still kind of an important thing to keep track of. Shoot, they want to push their damn button if they can't see my one key that I bring in during visiting. And for me the officers concentrate so hard on how tight my pants are that I have come walking through the gates to visiting chewing on a wad of gum. When I get to visiting, I'm like, dang I still have gum, and I take it upon myself to go throw it out. I guess I'm like hey you get paid the big bucks to do a job--then do the damn job and stop trippin off the small stuff. :mad: Okay what else can I
b---h, complain and whine about? Let me stop with the negativity--I'm sure y'all will tell me take my negative attitude and kick rocks back to the ISP thread. So instead of getting my walking papers;) let me say I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend--great visits, lots of mail and calls!!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_22.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_34.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_101.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_118.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUYYYYYYYYUS)mail and phone dance for all!!:grouphug: :heart: from your ISP sista!!! (That's me in the hula skirt:D)

Okay your Lines were Corney but I like them too funny:thumbsup:
So you see how sad it is here I have No:no: support from my Chino people:shrug: and I don't know why? :shrug: Okay now that inmate just happen to find the keys and knew just where the car was, Right.. yeah right
okay I know I was born in the early morning but I know it wasn't this morning!!! :hmm: things that make you go hmmm.... and to shake that crappy feeling eat a lemon... hey believe it or not it works and for years I've been telling people to eat a lemon when they were upset, stressed or depressed and now I have Medical back-up:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:
I've always eaten lemons and I was always in a good mood:thumbsup: :yes: :haha:even if I felt like doing this :ham: to some one I did it in a good mood:haha: :ha: :haha: So before you go see your man eAT A LEMON, Oh and give Kaligirl a lemon tooo!!!:haha: :ha: :haha:
so girl you getting into the visiting mode??? (okay I already went to your thread) But its all good :thumbsup: :clap:
give him a big hug and scare those mean crap saying demons away!!:p
take care
lots of Love and support
:grouphug: :grouphug: :heart: :love: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Thank-you for giving a much needed line, I mean Lines here:thumbsup:

raynards4ever
11-18-2005, 11:40 PM
What about lemonade is that the same cause I love lemondae--pink lemonade. Okay how do yellow lemons make pink lemonade? Please tell me I have to know or I won't sleep tonight:p Oh yeah that c/o didn't lose his job either:rolleyes: hmmmmm. Yeah I pm'd you--about the visit--looks like I will have a few pver this weekend--that's a good thing--anyway I'm gonna go find you.

Okay your Lines were Corney but I like them too funny:thumbsup:
So you see how sad it is here I have No:no: support from my Chino people:shrug: and I don't know why? :shrug: Okay now that inmate just happen to find the keys and knew just where the car was, Right.. yeah right
okay I know I was born in the early morning but I know it wasn't this morning!!! :hmm: things that make you go hmmm.... and to shake that crappy feeling eat a lemon... hey believe it or not it works and for years I've been telling people to eat a lemon when they were upset, stressed or depressed and now I have Medical back-up:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:
I've always eaten lemons and I was always in a good mood:thumbsup: :yes: :haha:even if I felt like doing this :ham: to some one I did it in a good mood:haha: :ha: :haha: So before you go see your man eAT A LEMON, Oh and give Kaligirl a lemon tooo!!!:haha: :ha: :haha:
so girl you getting into the visiting mode??? (okay I already went to your thread) But its all good :thumbsup: :clap:
give him a big hug and scare those mean crap saying demons away!!:p
take care
lots of Love and support
:grouphug: :grouphug: :heart: :love: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Thank-you for giving a much needed line, I mean Lines here:thumbsup:

raynards4ever
11-18-2005, 11:42 PM
what's a pver?--i meant people over not whatever the heck I wrote--silly me. :D

What about lemonade is that the same cause I love lemondae--pink lemonade. Okay how do yellow lemons make pink lemonade? Please tell me I have to know or I won't sleep tonight:p Oh yeah that c/o didn't lose his job either:rolleyes: hmmmmm. Yeah I pm'd you--about the visit--looks like I will have a few pver this weekend--that's a good thing--anyway I'm gonna go find you.

sherry_wine
11-18-2005, 11:44 PM
you add a little Color to it, well I guess everyone needs color:thumbsup:
and he didn't lose his job:eek: you know for a fact if you or I lost our keys and an inmate that we don't know found them we would be in prison!!!!
kid you not they would say we had set it up!!!:eek:

raynards4ever
11-18-2005, 11:53 PM
of course--crazy huh

you add a little Color to it, well I guess everyone needs color:thumbsup:
and he didn't lose his job:eek: you know for a fact if you or I lost our keys and an inmate that we don't know found them we would be in prison!!!!
kid you not they would say we had set it up!!!:eek:

sherry_wine
11-19-2005, 12:08 AM
of course--crazy huh

:yay: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :yay:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I'M :drool: #69:drool: *giggle*:haha: :hee: :haha:
:wave: :yay: :yay: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance:
and thats my#69hope you all get yours
well raynards4ever got #68 so he owes her one :D Hee hee:rock:

raynards4ever
11-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Right on :thumbsup: my baby's got that "one" for me:drool: :D. How is everyone doing this evening? I hope everyone had a great weekend! My weekend was great, and I'm getting ready for the week ahead. Yay :yay:an extra visiting day this week!!

:yay: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :yay:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I'M :drool: #69:drool: *giggle*:haha: :hee: :haha:
:wave: :yay: :yay: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance:
and thats my#69hope you all get yours
well raynards4ever got #68 so he owes her one :D Hee hee:rock:

JulieLD
11-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I got to have a visit this weekend - drove the 6 hours, but it was great and I was so happy we get to sit next to each other again!!!

What happened to the awning that was over the minimum line? The rains will be here soon!

kittenn0816
11-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I got to have a visit this weekend - drove the 6 hours, but it was great and I was so happy we get to sit next to each other again!!!

What happened to the awning that was over the minimum line? The rains will be here soon!

How long were you able to visit with him?. I am so glad you had a great time.

Jas

sherry_wine
11-21-2005, 10:18 PM

awww... so your telling me they removed it??? What the___ but we do get to sit next to them again:D

sherry_wine
11-21-2005, 10:25 PM
How long were you able to visit with him?. I am so glad you had a great time.

Jas

we get contact visits from about 9:00am to 300pm thats if your first in line
and not on a Sunday when it get crowded
On Sunday there are more visitorsand first come have to leave when more people show-up

JulieLD
11-22-2005, 07:54 AM
We got to visit from about 9:30 (when he came out) to about 2pm.... we have had our sunday visits cut off at 12:30 before because of it getting crowded...

and yes, they removed the white awning.... i don't know why or if it's coming back, but their timing sucks....

it was weird on sunday...they had everybody sitting on the odd number tables (except for the middle section which is shaded) to keep people out of the sun, so it filled up fast since they were using less tables....but it was awesome to sit on the same side again. I love laying my head against his shoulders and I missed that the last time.

and the obnoxious guy on the blow horn could barely be heard cause the wind was strong and blowing toward him and keeping the sound low...it was a nice reprive for the everyone not to hear his blaring nonsense.

have a good thanksgiving to everyone!

jen70
11-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey there everyone...how goes it?

They didnt remove the awning....a couple weeks back when it was so windy it blew in to the parking lot....dont think we'll be seeing it again. :rolleyes:

Lulu21
11-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone! My dork told me that I can go to the Visiting (Desk) and try to get approved there. Is this possible? Or do I have to wait till they respond. We miss eachother way too much We're two Dorks that are too in Love :heart: I believe he's in Chino East yard.

jen70
11-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi Lulu21...the only way you can go to the desk and get approved is if you've driven over 250 miles for the visit....

How long ago did you send your visiting form in?

Lulu21
11-22-2005, 04:42 PM
I sent it in the beginning of November, the only thing is that i sent it with out a letter just the form. He insists that I can just walk in and apply, He's so silly! But hey I love him silly and all...:p

Lulu21
11-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey Thanks Jen70! But you won't believe it i got a couple of letters from him today and in one of them he sent the Approval! :yay: I'm so happy the last time I seen him was October 27 I know it wasn't that long ago, but it feels like an Eternity. He was transfered October 31. He's in East yard so do i still park in the front sorry I'm a beginner at this. :) You're the greatest!!:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
11-22-2005, 10:21 PM

They didnt remove the awning....a couple weeks back when it was so windy it blew in to the parking lot....dont think we'll be seeing it again. :rolleyes:
hey jen70
It was there the week before when I went
so it blew away this last weekend?? Or the week before on Sunday
cause thats the day I didn't go:(
well hello and hope to see you in line
I know you miss me!!:thumbsup: :haha: :ha: :haha:

sherry_wine
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey Thanks Jen70! But you won't believe it i got a couple of letters from him today and in one of them he sent the Approval! :yay: I'm so happy the last time I seen him was October 27 I know it wasn't that long ago, but it feels like an Eternity. He was transfered October 31. He's in East yard so do i still park in the front sorry I'm a beginner at this. :) You're the greatest!!:thumbsup:

you need to call for directions
cause you have to go to the other side
once you get there its better than where we are
I think if I remember right:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
11-23-2005, 01:25 AM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :fb: :fb: :fb:
:yay: :yay: :dance: :dance:
AND HERE'S A MAIL DANCE FOR ALL OF US
:yay: :yay: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :fb: :fb: :fb: :yay: :yay:
:yay: :fb: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance: :dance: :yay: :yay: :dance: :dance:
:fb: :fb:

JulieLD
11-23-2005, 09:21 AM

Well that explains it... i know they had severe winds there last week....

anybody know if we can bring umbrellas in? probably not, since they can be used as weapons - LOL! guess it's hood time --> flat hair

Lulu21
11-23-2005, 10:35 AM
I can't wait to go see him tomorrow :thumbsup:! Are they really bad with way were dressed because 99% of my wardrobe is Denim Jeans and Dodges or Jimmie Johnson tops. I know I'm a fanatic! :D I have a couple of knit pants can I wear those? I know I'm asking silly questions but I'm a beginner at this Sorry :P I'll soon be a Pro like you guys!

JulieLD
11-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Just be sure to bring several changes of clothes that you can leave in the car. They will not allow blue jeans but other color of jeans like black are ok. Any pants that are too tight will get their attention and depending on who the guard is they might make you change. No blue, green or tan clothing and no clothing with a team's name on it.

No belly showing, no cleavage and no see through (or semi seethrough tops). No underwire bras either. You'll have to take your shoes (and socks) off to get through the metal detector.

It's a process, slow and annoying and consistently inconsistent. Good luck!

You'll be a pro after your first visit!

Lulu21
11-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks for all the info I had to go buy a couple of things! Darn! :p I just can't wait to see my love, this day has been the longest ever. I called and they told me to go through the Eucalyptus entrance she said i would see people there going to visit we'll see how things go. :clap:

JulieLD
11-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the info I had to go buy a couple of things! Darn! :p I just can't wait to see my love, this day has been the longest ever. I called and they told me to go through the Eucalyptus entrance she said i would see people there going to visit we'll see how things go. :clap:

I've never heard of a Eucalyptus entrance?? They go by PO Box. Do you know what his is? My husband is in minimum where we get contact visits for several hours...his po box is 600.

Do you know if you're getting a contact or a non-contact visit?

Lulu21
11-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Hes PO Box is 500 (butte) that's all i know. I know there Non-Contact visits and for an hour. thats about as much as i know

sherry_wine
11-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Hes PO Box is 500 (butte) that's all i know. I know there Non-Contact visits and for an hour. thats about as much as i know
its off Edison, and its the East yard

sherry_wine
11-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Okay ladies where are you???
HeLLo:wave:
Okay I didn't see you there jen70
What your to good to stand in the SUN for 3 hours :D
yes they left us out there in the sun. You miss out a girl who had two other girls with her cut in line
and some other girl who was about 7 people behind her
told her to get back in line where she belongs and the one who cut told her to mind herbusiness and "my man will beat your man up" wow can we say yeah like we are scared!!!:haha: :ha: :haha:
well anyways I didn't see all that but I guess from what I was told the two
exchanged words and the one told the C/O that the other had cut in line
well I don't know what happen to that. But when I got inside the one girl who had cut in line was warming up her food, and I would have never known who she was but she opened her month and was talking Crap
she said,"I don't care what any one says My man only has 23 days left and I'm gonna cut cause I don't care and if any one wants to say something than say it to my man and he will beat your man down " I was thinking this thing in her black top and biege pants, needs to really be careful who she talks to
cause I felt kinda threaten by her words and if she would have taken it a little more, I would've have to react cause she was out of line talking to me that way but I walked away but it got close. And I hope I don't see her next time cause if thats the attitude she going to have than she does not belong with the human crowd, she acts as she doesn't want her man to get out I got the impression she likes him locked up!! so if she pulls that again maybe they should lock her up and let her get her visits for the next 4yrs from him:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:

raynards4ever
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Whoa--that's some crazy iiiiisshhh. :eek: She sounds brand new to me--no respect. If she would have acted like that at the ISP visiting room--her man would have been checked quick fast in a damn hurry and he would have needed to handle his business. I would have hated to see if anyone here would have caught up with ol girl in the middle of nowhere right after visiting.;):ham: :p. Anyway, Sherry girl how are you? And how is everybody here in the Chino thread doing--I sure hope you all had a great Turkey day!!:D :grouphug: Luv u

Okay ladies where are you???
HeLLo:wave:
Okay I didn't see you there jen70
What your to good to stand in the SUN for 3 hours :D
yes they left us out there in the sun. You miss out a girl who had two other girls with her cut in line
and some other girl who was about 7 people behind her
told her to get back in line where she belongs and the one who cut told her to mind herbusiness and "my man will beat your man up" wow can we say yeah like we are scared!!!:haha: :ha: :haha:
well anyways I didn't see all that but I guess from what I was told the two
exchanged words and the one told the C/O that the other had cut in line
well I don't know what happen to that. But when I got inside the one girl who had cut in line was warming up her food, and I would have never known who she was but she opened her month and was talking Crap
she said,"I don't care what any one says My man only has 23 days left and I'm gonna cut cause I don't care and if any one wants to say something than say it to my man and he will beat your man down " I was thinking this thing in her black top and biege pants, needs to really be careful who she talks to
cause I felt kinda threaten by her words and if she would have taken it a little more, I would've have to react cause she was out of line talking to me that way but I walked away but it got close. And I hope I don't see her next time cause if thats the attitude she going to have than she does not belong with the human crowd, she acts as she doesn't want her man to get out I got the impression she likes him locked up!! so if she pulls that again maybe they should lock her up and let her get her visits for the next 4yrs from him:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:

Lulu21
11-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone! Well I had a great visit, over the phone but better than nothing. It was good to see my baby getting healthy again. Well I didn't get to see any crazy girls on my side, I would have enjoyed that (psycho chick)! I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was the best ever I got to see my Dork! :yay:

raynards4ever
11-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Glad you got your visit lulu--Our ISP guys are acting crazy enough we don't need nor want any crazy visitors--no no no:D. Getting ready for tomorrow--yay:yay:.

Hello everyone! Well I had a great visit, over the phone but better than nothing. It was good to see my baby getting healthy again. Well I didn't get to see any crazy girls on my side, I would have enjoyed that (psycho chick)! I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was the best ever I got to see my Dork! :yay:

sherry_wine
11-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey Lulu21
how was your visit?? Did you find the way easy to get to???
are you going to visit this weekend??:thumbsup:
love and support Always
:grouphug: :grouphug: :love: :grouphug: :grouphug:

sherry_wine
11-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Glad you got your visit lulu--Our ISP guys are acting crazy enough we don't need nor want any crazy visitors--no no no:D. Getting ready for tomorrow--yay:yay:.

Hello raynards4ever
thank-you for coming on here and showing our Chino thread some Love and support:thumbsup:
and you know that crazy visitor well even the girls she took with her got mad at her, after the visit I stopped at Arco to get Gas and guess who would pull up?? Yup you got that right,:yes: you get an A, now go to the head of the class:haha: :haha:
and I could tell the ladies whom were with her dumbbutt were mad at her and just before I left she looked like she wanted to cry!! you know what they say
what goes around comes around!!!
much love and support to you :thumbsup:

Lulu21
11-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Lulu21
how was your visit?? Did you find the way easy to get to???
are you going to visit this weekend??:thumbsup:
love and support Always

The visit was very good, although my buttmunch isn't too thilled where they moved him too. Well I guess a lot of the guys are mad about the move. But what can they do?:confused: I ended up asking one of the CO's there and he gave me a map, there is no lines over there :thumbsup: I went this morning and I'll have to wait till next week they only get one visit per weekend. :blah: I hope your visits are great ttyl....:D

raynards4ever
11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi there Sherry and all of you here at Chino:wave:I hope your weekend was wonderful!:D Mine was just not long enough.:(
Today some lady cut in line:eek: and the c/o's made her go to the end of the line. When I was processing in, the c/o told me that a bunch of girls got out of their car and according to the officer was going to kick that girl's @$$:argh: :ham:. It was right in front of us, but I didn't see any of that. Anyway, the "cutter" was told to go to the end of the line.:nono: Also I guess some other visitor (who was in a van)got upset about another car that spent the night there (in the car line) in their car and held a spot for their friend. The van was going to CVSP, the other cars were going to ISP. Well it appears that the Xmas spirit has arrived:haha: :no:. So how was things out your way?

Hello raynards4ever
thank-you for coming on here and showing our Chino thread some Love and support:thumbsup:
and you know that crazy visitor well even the girls she took with her got mad at her, after the visit I stopped at Arco to get Gas and guess who would pull up?? Yup you got that right,:yes: you get an A, now go to the head of the class:haha: :haha:
and I could tell the ladies whom were with her dumbbutt were mad at her and just before I left she looked like she wanted to cry!! you know what they say
what goes around comes around!!!
much love and support to you :thumbsup:

LauraDsMommy
11-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, and hopefully won't be here for long...

My fiancee is in Riverside right now being transferred to Chino. He's going in for a 90-day evaluation to determine if he should get 2 years in state prison or not. I know this may not sound like a lot to some of you, but it is to us...

So anyway, I guess because he's going into the evaluation, he's going to be in holding or reception or whatever for the whole 90 days so I won't be able to see him, I'll only be able to write him letters. No phone calls either, which I guess will save me money but not the heartache. My question is, is the # for his CDC # the same as his booking # in county? If not, how do I find that out when he'll be getting to Chino probably tomorrow? I want to send him letters ASAP because, well, he asked me to, lol.

Also if anyone knows the mailing address for books and letters it would be helpful. I tried sending him books in county but the address kept getting rejected on bn.com so they never went through. How do I stop that from happening??

Thanks

jen70
11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey everyone...hope you had a great holiday and even better visits this past weekend. :D

This topic really caught my eye...because I will admit that on one occasion I let someone jump in to line with me...and I felt HORRIBLE!! I was mad at myself for feeling uncomfortable about telling the person I wasnt comfortable with letting her cut, and felt even worse for the poor people behind us. TRUST AND BELIEVE I wont ever let it happen again, and am amazed at the people who cut in line like NOTHING! We ALL have to wait, it's an ugly situation for everyone, why make it worse by cutting in line? If those of us towards the front get up early enough to get in line first, then EVERYONE can get up that early...or just stand in line and wait their turn.

And about that girl having an attitude about cutting in line, it sounds to me like she was embarassed that she got caught and was trying to over compensate by acting "tough"...at least I hope that's the case because if she were really bragging that her man would beat ours up, she's VERY immature and not familiar with how things work with the guys.

I've met alot of really nice people standing in line, some of which I've grown to consider friends...but we shouldnt let our friendships or just passing aquiantances be something we take advantage of for a closer spot to the door in line....we all miss our loved ones and want to see them as quickly as possible, but cutting only causes anger and resentments.

Wow, that was a rant and rave huh? :D

Thanks everyone....

JulieLD
11-28-2005, 05:08 PM

My fiancee is in Riverside right now being transferred to Chino. He's going in for a 90-day evaluation to determine if he should get 2 years in state prison or not. I know this may not sound like a lot to some of you, but it is to us...

So anyway, I guess because he's going into the evaluation, he's going to be in holding or reception or whatever for the whole 90 days so I won't be able to see him, I'll only be able to write him letters. No phone calls either, which I guess will save me money but not the heartache. My question is, is the # for his CDC # the same as his booking # in county? If not, how do I find that out when he'll be getting to Chino probably tomorrow? I want to send him letters ASAP because, well, he asked me to, lol.

Also if anyone knows the mailing address for books and letters it would be helpful. I tried sending him books in county but the address kept getting rejected on bn.com so they never went through. How do I stop that from happening??

Thanks

Hi there - My husband is doing his time at Chino minimum. He was in reception at Delano and then transferred to Chino. The CDC number is not the same as the county number and you will need his CDC for everything - letters, visiting, quarterly packages.... I wouldn't send him any mail until you get that number. Also, there's an inmate locator number that you can call (916) 445-6713- it's behind a few days but probably faster than waiting for a letter from him. And I think you can get the CDC number from the main number at Chino (909) 597-1821. Once you have it, you should send him a stationary supply package - 20 pre-embossed stamped envelopes from the post office (no self stamped envelopes allowed), pap of paper, and pencils. Also, he will need to mail you the visitor questionnarie form which you fill out and mail back to him - they will intercept it and process it. Then they tell him whether you've been approved or not. It takes about 30 days to get approved. CIM rejects books that are delivered in boxes - they must come in envelopes. The only place i know that does that is Cody's Books and you must specify that you need it in a padded envelope (state this under comment section if you do online)...Again, don't send until you have his CDC #.

Good luck! My husband got two years too but we're down to 3 months+
Julie

JulieLD
11-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone...hope you had a great holiday and even better visits this past weekend. :D

This topic really caught my eye...because I will admit that on one occasion I let someone jump in to line with me...and I felt HORRIBLE!! I was mad at myself for feeling uncomfortable about telling the person I wasnt comfortable with letting her cut, and felt even worse for the poor people behind us. TRUST AND BELIEVE I wont ever let it happen again, and am amazed at the people who cut in line like NOTHING! We ALL have to wait, it's an ugly situation for everyone, why make it worse by cutting in line? If those of us towards the front get up early enough to get in line first, then EVERYONE can get up that early...or just stand in line and wait their turn.

And about that girl having an attitude about cutting in line, it sounds to me like she was embarassed that she got caught and was trying to over compensate by acting "tough"...at least I hope that's the case because if she were really bragging that her man would beat ours up, she's VERY immature and not familiar with how things work with the guys.

I've met alot of really nice people standing in line, some of which I've grown to consider friends...but we shouldnt let our friendships or just passing aquiantances be something we take advantage of for a closer spot to the door in line....we all miss our loved ones and want to see them as quickly as possible, but cutting only causes anger and resentments.

Thanks everyone....

Hi Jen,

That happened to me once too... It was annoying but not worth jeopardizing my visit over it.... anyway, are you going to visit next sunday? I'll be back then from San jose!

see ya!

sherry_wine
11-28-2005, 09:23 PM

Thanks everyone....

No jen70
I must not have written it right she came with two other girls and they got in line and nobody was talking to them and she didn't even have an "aquiantance" and yes she was drop dead serious, cause I know letting one person is no big deal but to bring a whole crew with you to cut and not even have some one there you already know, now thats down right low!!
and then to tell people you don't know, about what went on and they need to talk to your man?? another low move, so this blonde my bf will will beat your man is nothing but All Crap!! Cause if it was me she was really saying that to, well she wouldn't tell me that, anyways I'm not one to run and call a C/O or any police, I believe if it started with just the two of us than it should finish the same way!!

So how are you doing??:D
and I missed not going on Saturday and Sunday:(
but I should be back next weekend see you in line save me a spot!!:D :D :p

sherry_wine
11-28-2005, 09:36 PM

Thanks

:wave: Hello:wave:
Welcome to Chino:yay:
while he's in reception he can get visits right away but you have to be approved and the county Bking # is different from thier CDC# and while there are in reception I don't think you can send them any books. If you live so many miles (250) away They can approve you right on the spot, thats what they did for me at the time (3yrs ago) I was coming from Colorado.:clap:
well love and much support to all

sherry_wine
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
:wave: Hello Lulu21:wave:
:yay: :fb: :dance: :yay: :fb: :dance:

Lulu21
11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Hello Sherry Wine!:wave: How's your day going?

sherry_wine
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Hello Sherry Wine!:wave: How's your day going?
Good I need to go to sleep:sleepy: :yes:
cause I have to get up early (2:30am) to drive to Mexico:thumbsup:
well did you have to go the way I told you?? On Edison??

Lulu21
11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Wow that's early girl, go to Bed! Safe Trip have a Corona for Me! :p Yeah I did have to go through Edision, the good thing is that it's a lot closer than the Central Entrance I'm about 5-10 minutes away. :dance:

sherry_wine
11-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow that's early girl, go to Bed! Safe Trip have a Corona for Me! :p Yeah I did have to go through Edision, the good thing is that it's a lot closer than the Central Entrance I'm about 5-10 minutes away. :dance:
:cool: Cool:cool:
:eek: but I'm not sleepy:eek:
I'm driving My mom so when I go with you, I'll have that Corona:D

Lulu21
11-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Of Course, Of Course we must behave in front of out mothers!;) But we can sure go out for beers one of these days:beer:

sherry_wine
11-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Of Course, Of Course we must behave in front of out mothers!;) But we can sure go out for beers one of these days:beer:
I'm down for that!!:beer: :beer: :hifive: :clap: :clap:

LauraDsMommy
11-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Well that sucks to not be processed right away, I only live an hour away from Chino. Would be easier for me to stop down there.

He called today but I wasn't home so I'm completely depressed. He missed me by 3 minutes and hasn't called back since. Still hoping he'll call after midnight when he knows I'll be home. That and I'm hoping he's not in Chino yet. Online it says he's still in Riverside but I know how those things go. One of the guys at Southwest Detention Center told me he wasn't going to be transferred because he has a court date in Feb. Sounds about right though, huh? Not used to him being away from me where I can't call him every 5 minutes.

And thanks for all of the info. In 30 days to get processed I won't have weekends off anymore though, the he'll be nearly done with his term. Might be worth it if they send him back in though? Would I have to fill out a new one?

sherry_wine
11-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Well that sucks to not be processed right away, I only live an hour away from Chino. Would be easier for me to stop down there.

He called today but I wasn't home so I'm completely depressed. He missed me by 3 minutes and hasn't called back since. Still hoping he'll call after midnight when he knows I'll be home. That and I'm hoping he's not in Chino yet. Online it says he's still in Riverside but I know how those things go. One of the guys at Southwest Detention Center told me he wasn't going to be transferred because he has a court date in Feb. Sounds about right though, huh? Not used to him being away from me where I can't call him every 5 minutes.

And thanks for all of the info. In 30 days to get processed I won't have weekends off anymore though, the he'll be nearly done with his term. Might be worth it if they send him back in though? Would I have to fill out a new one?

well they do have the forms in the front and you could go and pick up a form anytime, I went on a tuesday, but like I said I was approved the same day cause at the time I had a Colorado ID:D sometimes they do processed them sooner, if you have the time go there and fill it out and ask if they can do it right away, maybe you'll got lucky:D

sherry_wine
11-29-2005, 01:12 AM
once you get approved you are go to go until they want to update which I didn't have to do for 3yrs when some one notice I have a CA ID:(
but they let me visit but told me each time that they'll let me go in this time
but I need to wait for when I'm approved:D

phatbaby
11-30-2005, 08:40 AM
FYI.....The new guards are taking their watch serious. They now have 2 hidden lookout points since the sexual act that took place a few weeks ago. One is behind the fence in a parked vehicle. Last week they were in a white van. The other point is a window w/binoculars, inside the building next to the basketball court. So....be careful ladies if attempting any extra hugs and kisses. :-( If caught, I was told the inmate will be punished and you will be denied on your next visit. All is based on severity of the action.
p.s. They took away the hispanic guards binoculars and gave him a new duty, :-( this is unfortunate because he wasnt very good at spying.;)

jen70
11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
LOL...that cracked me up that you said they took his binoculars away...my husband would always laugh cus he thought he was so "low pro" with them!

Thanks for the tips on the extra look out spots...always good to know where Big Brother might be watching from.

JulieLD
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
My husband told me that they caught another couple doing it last weekend and that's why they've increased the surveillance. Anybody hear about that?

sherry_wine
11-30-2005, 10:41 PM
This from a CIM form

There is a new trend happening with the newly promoted Sgt.s, they lack the tact and professionalism needed to guide the troops into the daily struggles of running housing units and yards. You have chosen to move up the ranks with lack of experience and needed knowledge of dealing with the different personalities of staff you encounter everyday. You are as old as most experienced officers Sam brown duty belts.
If the young new staff find it so important to promote then do the Department a favor and look, listen and learn from some of the well respected season line supervisors running things on the yards. They get this respect not from the stripes they wear however, it is from the time they put in on the line. How competent they handle incidents to how they handle situations with their staff.
A supervisor should never have to put hands on a officer no matter the situation. You must sometime hold back and remember who you are and the responsiblity you have chosen by promoting. I truley hope the rumors flying around are completely false and this incident never happened. Most of us at CIM Im sure have already of heard what I am writing about.

What’s really sad is that DPA basically says that if a person has passed a test, they must be “qualified” to do a job, and if you don’t fill vacant positions, you must not need them. All the training in the world can’t teach people skills. You either have it or you don’t. Experience takes time and as we all have seen, sometimes that doesn’t even help. Respect is commanded, not demanded and a lot of employees, (new and old) never quite get the hang of that

8years you hit it right on the head. Well said

sherry_wine
11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
By Rod Leveque, Staff Writer

RANCHO CUCAMONGA - The Chino prison inmate accused of murdering a guard is asking a judge to dismiss one of the charges that could bring him the death penalty.
Lawyers for Jon Christopher Blaylock say the charge of assault by a life prisoner is unconstitutional because it could allow Blaylock to be executed even if he isn't convicted of first-degree murder.

California is the only state that elevates assault to a capital crime, Blaylock's lawyers contend.

"California's elevation of an assault to a capital crime is out of step with evolving standards of decency, improperly punishes a defendant because of his status as a `lifer,' has no rational justification and fails to constitutionally narrow the type of murder

Jon Christopher Blaylock, the suspect in the correctional officer murder.

eligible for death," his attorneys wrote in recently filed court documents.

Investigators say Blaylock was serving a life sentence at the California Institution for Men when he stabbed 43-year-old Correctional Officer Manuel Gonzalez of Whittier on Jan. 10.

They say Blaylock stabbed Gonzalez minutes after the guard let the inmate out of his cell in an attempt to quell racial tensions.

Blaylock has yet to be arraigned on charges of first-degree murder, a special circumstance of murdering a peace officer, and assault by a life prisoner.

Normally, in order to receive a death sentence in California, a killer must be convicted of first-degree murder plus at least one crime from a list of 22 "special circumstances," such as murder during a robbery, multiple murders or lying in wait.

But a different law, assault by a life prisoner, also exists solely for inmates, making it easier for prosecutors to win a death sentence against them.

To convict an inmate of the count, prosecutors need only to prove that the inmate fatally assaulted somebody and that the inmate acted in disregard for human life.

Unlike first-degree murder, prosecutors do not have to prove the murder was premeditated.

Blaylock's lawyers argue that California is the only state to hold inmates to such a different standard than the rest of society.

Doing so violates inmates' protection against cruel and unusual punishment, as well as their constitutional rights to due process and equal protection under the law, the attorneys argue.

Prosecutors, meanwhile, say that while no other states have precisely the same law, most have something similar.

Of the 37 states that allow capital punishment, 17 do not require a capital murder to be murder in the first degree, Deputy District Attorney Joanne Uhlman wrote in court documents.

Further, California's law is just because inmates already serving life prison terms would otherwise have nothing to lose if they kill people behind bars, Uhlman argued.

"Without such a consequence safety in prison would be meaningless," the prosecutor wrote.

Judge Ingrid Uhler is expected to rule on the motion Dec. 9 in West Valley Superior Court.

The motion is significant for Blaylock because, if granted, he could be spared the death penalty if his lawyers are able to convince a jury he was guilty of something less than first-degree murder.

A loss would give the inmate grounds for appeal if he is convicted.

Joe Canty, one of the three public defenders representing Blaylock, filed a similar motion in another death penalty case in 1998.

A San Bernardino County judge denied that motion and the defendant, Daniel Landry, was ultimately sentenced to death for murdering another inmate at the California Institution for Men.

Landry's case has yet to be appealed.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3257278

phatbaby
12-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Wow! Ms. Sherry, you post some deep info. The death of Officer Gonzalez happened before I even knew there was a city named Chino but I did hear that a guard was killed. I'm curious after reading your post, what prompted inmate Blaylock to attack Officer Gonzalez? Was it directed towards him personally? Could it have easily been anyone who lost their life? Was it a Black vs Hispanic conflict? Or a dispute between the two? Was it a racial issue or something else that caused this unfortunate tragedy? Do you know the story in detail or know where I can locate the history on it?
I hear the word RACIAL alot when there is turmoil within a correctional facility and staff members must answer for it.
CALL ME BLONDIEBLIND!:confused: I am a fair skinned American , my friend is chocolate brown, Black/ American and speaks Spanish perfectly. We both are very social and as of yet I have'nt experienced any negative racial behavior from anyone outside or inside. During my visits I have noticed that he interacts with all his fellow inmates regardless of age, color or religion. I personally think that's a GOOD THING. I have to wonder if the separation that is placed upon the inmates at arrival and inforced during their stay is what brings alot of stress and tension to them all. Combined with over crowded living space, locked downs and the occassional aggressive, agitation they might endure from a bored, power trippin' guard, that would cause anyone to lose their mind. The seperation of inmates by culture or color was a concern of mine, fearing my friend would have to become someone other than who he was all because of his skin color and if he did'nt conform he would be opening himself up to harms way. My worries were all brought on via the media or facility staff. I'm not in denial. I know it happens, but EVERYTIME the on duty guards lose control or slacks on the JOB and an incident occurs, and the opportunity presents itself the claim is, "IT WAS RACIALLY MOTIVATED!" Sorry but I can't or won't buy into it as often as they tell it. Seems to me if their is any seperation deemed necessary it should be the CRIME & CRAZY. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

sherry_wine
12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow! Ms. Sherry, you post some deep info. The death of Officer Gonzalez happened before I even knew there was a city named Chino but I did hear that a guard was killed. I'm curious after reading your post, what prompted inmate Blaylock to attack Officer Gonzalez? Was it directed towards him personally? Could it have easily been anyone who lost their life? Was it a Black vs Hispanic conflict? Or a dispute between the two? Was it a racial issue or something else that caused this unfortunate tragedy? Do you know the story in detail or know where I can locate the history on it?
I hear the word RACIAL alot when there is turmoil within a correctional facility and staff members must answer for it.
CALL ME BLONDIEBLIND!:confused: I am a fair skinned American , my friend is chocolate brown, Black/ American and speaks Spanish perfectly. We both are very social and as of yet I have'nt experienced any negative racial behavior from anyone outside or inside. During my visits I have noticed that he interacts with all his fellow inmates regardless of age, color or religion. I personally think that's a GOOD THING. I have to wonder if the separation that is placed upon the inmates at arrival and inforced during their stay is what brings alot of stress and tension to them all. Combined with over crowded living space, locked downs and the occassional aggressive, agitation they might endure from a bored, power trippin' guard, that would cause anyone to lose their mind. The seperation of inmates by culture or color was a concern of mine, fearing my friend would have to become someone other than who he was all because of his skin color and if he did'nt conform he would be opening himself up to harms way. My worries were all brought on via the media or facility staff. I'm not in denial. I know it happens, but EVERYTIME the on duty guards lose control or slacks on the JOB and an incident occurs, and the opportunity presents itself the claim is, "IT WAS RACIALLY MOTIVATED!" Sorry but I can't or won't buy into it as often as they tell it. Seems to me if their is any seperation deemed necessary it should be the CRIME & CRAZY. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

At the time this happen there was some "stuff" going on in the streets
and I will say this it was a Black vs Hispanic, but like I said in the streets and I did hear at the time that it was going to go down big inside and thats about
when all this happened, there is more to it from what I heard. But lets go with what they put in the papers.
take care:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
12-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Manuel Gonzalez

Manuel Gonzalez was a friend of mine. Not a close friend, a “work friend”. I regret that distinction more now than ever because I genuinely liked, respected and admired him. Gonzo, as many of us called him, had an easy way about him that always made you feel better about things after even the briefest encounter. At the same time, it was easy to see that while he took his life and his career seriously, he never took himself so.

Gonzo almost never forgot to ask an acquaintance about something personal that he knew mattered to that person whenever chance allowed a moment to talk. He almost never just said “How are you?” and let it go. I am ashamed that I have not made that part of my way when greeting people I know, especially people I would like to know better. I am working on it now, however late. Both my wife and I remember that he often inquired about one of our Labradors even years after recovering from a life threatening infection which would have caused many pet lovers to abandon the effort to save him. Manny knew that while Shady was just a dog to everyone else, he is a major part of our family. This was true in one of our last conversations, when I was busy being wrapped up in Union politics and he was trying, in his way, to remind me that there are other important things in life.

Everyone who knew him knew about his addiction to toothpicks. Every memory of him I have, every time I envision his face with that slightly crooked smile and sly glint in his eyes there is a toothpick bobbing up and down or rolling in the corner of his mouth. Many times I told him, often with a little edge, to “get that thing out of your mouth.” He’d just smile and nod as that bobbing little toothpick gained speed. Now I’d give anything to just be able to watch him chew through a box of them. I don’t think I’ll ever look at a toothpick again without thinking of him and silently saying a little prayer.

Officer Gonzalez was at once a professional and a prankster on the job. His career was important to him. That people respected his opinion, his word, his work and effort was always clear. By “people” I am not just referring to co-workers, I mean everyone, even the inmates. He understood more than most that respect is the biggest factor in this most unfortunate of careers. Without that, all an Officer has is a tarnished badge and a rule book. Did he sometimes forget himself? We all do, but I cannot remember a single encounter with him that I wasn’t proud to be wearing the same uniform. What I do remember is that he owned his mistakes with honor. What I know for certain is that there is nothing more honorable that can be said about a man.

Gonzo, I am sorry I did not take the time to know you better, but I am forever grateful that I got to know you at all. In your passing I have learned a lot about life and what matters. In your life I have seen a glimpse of what I should aspire to. Go with peace and know that you are loved.

from a follow officer

BnRConverse
12-02-2005, 12:14 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_28_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)
Hey Sherry & Chino Peoples...I thought I would come by and send some love!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_16.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)

sherry_wine
12-02-2005, 12:24 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_28_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)
Hey Sherry & Chino Peoples...I thought I would come by and send some love!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_16.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)

Thank-you we'll take that Love and send you some of ours!!:thumbsup:

raynards4ever
12-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey Now!
How are y'all here in the Chino thread? I hope everyone's week has been a good one and I hope everyone will have a great weekend!!!
Sherry, I was thinking the same thing about what happened at our place(ISP and CVSP) last weekend. If the lady cut in line handle your business--why wait to get out and fight in front of the police?? I made a comment about that walking through the parking lot--don't know and didn't care if anyone heard me--I was like if it was all that handle it, don't act all billy bad @$$ in front of the police-:rolleyes:. N E WAYS--Welcome to your new member!!!
I also noticed what was written about Officer Gonzalez (RIP)--just asking, I heard the i/m was 51/50--I remember when this went down last January and I was very concerned--
Well I don't want to end on a sad note--lots of sad things going on in the world--Just wanted to stop by and holla at y'all and send some alofa and good feelings your way ladies--take care:thumbsup:

No jen70
I must not have written it right she came with two other girls and they got in line and nobody was talking to them and she didn't even have an "aquiantance" and yes she was drop dead serious, cause I know letting one person is no big deal but to bring a whole crew with you to cut and not even have some one there you already know, now thats down right low!!
and then to tell people you don't know, about what went on and they need to talk to your man?? another low move, so this blonde my bf will will beat your man is nothing but All Crap!! Cause if it was me she was really saying that to, well she wouldn't tell me that, anyways I'm not one to run and call a C/O or any police, I believe if it started with just the two of us than it should finish the same way!!

So how are you doing??:D
and I missed not going on Saturday and Sunday:(
but I should be back next weekend see you in line save me a spot!!:D :D :p

sherry_wine
12-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Hey Now!
How are y'all here in the Chino thread? I hope everyone's week has been a good one and I hope everyone will have a great weekend!!!
Sherry, I was thinking the same thing about what happened at our place(ISP and CVSP) last weekend. If the lady cut in line handle your business--why wait to get out and fight in front of the police?? I made a comment about that walking through the parking lot--don't know and didn't care if anyone heard me--I was like if it was all that handle it, don't act all billy bad @$$ in front of the police-:rolleyes:. N E WAYS--Welcome to your new member!!!
I also noticed what was written about Officer Gonzalez (RIP)--just asking, I heard the i/m was 51/50--I remember when this went down last January and I was very concerned--
Well I don't want to end on a sad note--lots of sad things going on in the world--Just wanted to stop by and holla at y'all and send some alofa and good feelings your way ladies--take care:thumbsup:

sooo true and yes that inmate had "Medical issues" 51/50

well thank-you for visiting our thread:D

JulieLD
12-02-2005, 09:51 AM
This from a CIM form

There is a new trend happening with the newly promoted Sgt.s, they lack the tact and professionalism needed to guide the troops into the daily struggles of running housing units and yards. You have chosen to move up the ranks with lack of experience and needed knowledge of dealing with the different personalities of staff you encounter everyday. You are as old as most experienced officers Sam brown duty belts.
If the young new staff find it so important to promote then do the Department a favor and look, listen and learn from some of the well respected season line supervisors running things on the yards. They get this respect not from the stripes they wear however, it is from the time they put in on the line. How competent they handle incidents to how they handle situations with their staff.
A supervisor should never have to put hands on a officer no matter the situation. You must sometime hold back and remember who you are and the responsiblity you have chosen by promoting. I truley hope the rumors flying around are completely false and this incident never happened. Most of us at CIM Im sure have already of heard what I am writing about.

What’s really sad is that DPA basically says that if a person has passed a test, they must be “qualified” to do a job, and if you don’t fill vacant positions, you must not need them. All the training in the world can’t teach people skills. You either have it or you don’t. Experience takes time and as we all have seen, sometimes that doesn’t even help. Respect is commanded, not demanded and a lot of employees, (new and old) never quite get the hang of that

8years you hit it right on the head. Well said

Sherry_Wine.... What are they referring to? "incident"

I hear I might see you Sunday in line with Jen70 :)

jen70
12-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey there Julie! :D

SherryWine, where do you find all of these articles? Is it a site we can go to also?

Thanks much....Jen

JulieLD
12-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi there Jen! Can't wait for Sunday - It's been two weeks since I've seen my husband - I'm so excited! See ya there!

sherry_wine
12-03-2005, 04:25 AM
:wave: Hello raynards4ever, BnRConverse, and kittenn0816:wave:
Our visitors from Ironwood and Kitten from Wasco Prison
just want to say hello and wish you much support and love from Chino:thumbsup: :yes:

:wave: Hello to my Chino ladies:
jen70, JulieLD, phatbaby, Lulu21, LauraDsMommy, and all the rest:wave:

Well I don't think I will get to visit this :cry: weekend,:shake: :shrug:
if I do it will be on Sunday:yes: Well I hope and Pray I get to see my Man I miss him so much! I got five letters from him this week, they help but it won't be enough to keep me from missing him the way I do!! I know you all are going through the same as me and I hope you got your letters and get to have a visit this weekend:thumbsup:
Here's a Mail dance
:yay: :yay: :dance: :dance: :fb: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance: :yay: :yay:
:yay: :yay: :dance: :dance: :fb: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance: :yay: :yay:

and no phone calls ladies:nono:
not for the week of Dec 1st to Dec 6th Thank-you for your support
as always love and support to all!!

sherry_wine
12-03-2005, 04:27 AM
From the Voters Corrections Reform Coalition.....

2) MCI BOYCOTT 12/1 – 12/6
You can either help them to keep oppressing you, or for 7 days you can send them a crystal clear financial message.
The state makes about $30 million each year in kickbacks from MCI for the state phone contract. Most of this money is made on the backs of hardworking inmate families & friends. Now, in a new development, VCRC has learned of a link between Pete Wilson and the MCI CEO that may expose the cause for this bloated and unfair contract.

On top of this, and without any prior warning or public discussion, MCI recently put forth a policy change which hurts our prison community. MCI now requires families, who receive $100 or more in collect calls in a month, to setup a “Direct Bill Account” if they do not already have an account with MCI. While MCI claims it is a Direct Bill, there is an introductory pre-payment required to activate the account (making it a quasi trust fund). What about interest MCI earns?

MCI has disrespected our community by not advising us beforehand of their proposed policy change and allowing public input; and by applying the policy to all of us instead of those who were not paying their bill(s).

During the first week of December (Dec. 1 – Dec. 6th), there will be a boycott of all MCI services including inmate phone calls. Using MCI during this 1 week of boycott constitutes aiding and abetting the oppression of prisoners and their families. Consider it an early holiday present to MCI and state for their disrespect of our community.

Solidarity shows our strength! MCI and the state have been advised of this boycott and are hoping you fail, by using their service during that week. Our success in boycotting them will result in a 2% financial loss in their state contract revenues

sherry_wine
12-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Okay Hello everyone,
Who went to visit and how did it go???
no I didn't go today so I hope and pray I will get
to go tomorrow Sunday 12/04/05:p

Lulu21
12-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey Everyone! I hope you guys had good visits and a good weekend. ll I went to go see my babe, but there were no vists this weekend! :blah: They said they were under staffed! But he flagged me on my way out! Gotta Love Him, I tell you we're two dorks in Love! :thumbsup:

raynards4ever
12-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Awwwwww how cute Lulu21, I also am 1/2 of two dorks in love:heart::haha: . Sorry you did not get your visit:( though. Hopefully next time-

Hey Everyone! I hope you guys had good visits and a good weekend. ll I went to go see my babe, but there were no vists this weekend! :blah: They said they were under staffed! But he flagged me on my way out! Gotta Love Him, I tell you we're two dorks in Love! :thumbsup:

turtles29
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Hello, everyone! I have been going to Chino for several months and I started to dislike it little by little. I just couldn't stand couples that are literally having "quickies" while kids are running around. Because of this, now there is; there are 2 guys just walking around looking at every move. I can't even scratch my mans back. What is so wrong about doing that. The good thing is that I only have 6 more months to go through this. Now we have to see to what other changes they come up with.

raynards4ever
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Okay I wrote this long old post and who knows where it went:rolleyes:. Anyway, Sherry I see your little green light on--did you visit?:D I'm sure it was great if you did--Turtles--that's really sad that people are so disrespectful and thoughtless that they would carry on like that and ruin it for everyone--good thing you don't have long to deal with this prison stuff too much longer--well I was at home all day becasue we are on l/d:cuffs: . Btw, I'm from the ISP thread for those of you who don't know--anyway I live like 20 miles from the prison and go every visiting day so since I couldn't go today I was saying to myself, "self you are going to get a lot done today". NOT!!!! I did absolutely nothing--well I ate a lot, a lot of junk--now i have to do a gazillion sit ups:banghead: :mad: :p. Anywho just wanted to stop by say hi, and send some love:heart: to the ladies here at Chino

sherry_wine
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Hello, everyone! I have been going to Chino for several months and I started to dislike it little by little. I just couldn't stand couples that are literally having "quickies" while kids are running around. Because of this, now there is; there are 2 guys just walking around looking at every move. I can't even scratch my mans back. What is so wrong about doing that. The good thing is that I only have 6 more months to go through this. Now we have to see to what other changes they come up with.

Hello and Welcome turtles29
and hello to everyone else, did anyone get visits today??
yes that is sad and not right for people to take away what little time we can have with our loved ones, by being selfish and doing things that are very disrespectful and down right ugly and in front of Kids makes it all worse!!!
well take care ((((hugs)))) to all

JulieLD
12-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi All -

I did get a visit yesterday. I flew in Saturday night from San Jose... got to the line sunday at 7:45 am.... at 8:30 the guard comes out and posts a sign saying Visitation Delayed til 9:30 am. - ugghh! It ended up being 10:00 before they started processing.... my husband didn't get out until 11am and i had to leave at 2pm to go catch my flight :( .... but those three hours were the best..... it's so hard on mondays to go back to normal life ... i miss him so much more each time.... we have 99 days today to go :)

have a great week everyone!

Julie

turtles29
12-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Hello everyone, I didn't go to visit but my mother-in-law did and she told me she got there at 10 am and that the line was so long it was ridiculous. They ended seeing my man until 1:30p.m. Good thing that I didnt go or I would have had a fit.Just a quick question ' I have heard alot about the MCI boycott' Have any one of you have any problems with this. Also I have been hearing that if we call MCI and tell them that our loved one is at a correctional institute, they have certain plans which are cheaper for us .If I talk to my man the full 15 minutes, I pay $.25 a minute, if I talk less it ranges from $.35-40 cents a minute. I need to give them a call. My thing is that at the end it all sums up and it hurts your wallet.

sherry_wine
12-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone, I didn't go to visit but my mother-in-law did and she told me she got there at 10 am and that the line was so long it was ridiculous. They ended seeing my man until 1:30p.m. Good thing that I didnt go or I would have had a fit.Just a quick question ' I have heard alot about the MCI boycott' Have any one of you have any problems with this. Also I have been hearing that if we call MCI and tell them that our loved one is at a correctional institute, they have certain plans which are cheaper for us .If I talk to my man the full 15 minutes, I pay $.25 a minute, if I talk less it ranges from $.35-40 cents a minute. I need to give them a call. My thing is that at the end it all sums up and it hurts your wallet.

If you have or can get lifeline its a whole lot cheaper!! :thumbsup:

turtles29
12-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Sherry, regarding your response about getting lifeline, are we able to get it eventhough MCI took over the facilit. I dont get it. If you have more info. it will be great. Thanks.

sherry_wine
12-07-2005, 07:30 PM
:wave: Hello everyone:wave:
So how is everybody??:yay:
well today I got his dress-out form:yay: :yay: :fb: :fb: :dance: :dance:
and of coase a letter,:yes: :dance: :yay:
but the letter was short and sweet:yay: :cool: :yay:

turtles29, for lifeline you need to call your phone service and tell them you need apply for it:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Take Care

JulieLD
12-08-2005, 09:27 AM
anybody hear about a riot there last night in south yard??

turtles29
12-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Has anyone heard of their man today? I am getting worried since I havent gotten a call from him in several days now and that is not like him. He at least calls me 3 to 4 times a week. "South" is considered what part? I am getting nervous now.

sherry_wine
12-09-2005, 02:13 AM
Okay some one talk here and let us know whats going on???

sherry_wine
12-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Okay people are you going to vote for us??

Sticky:Poll: New Prison sub-forums/added 2 more

turtles29
12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
My man finally called, he just told me that there was a riot in the 'South' yard. But nothing to do with them Thank God. It was good hearing his voice.

Lulu21
12-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Everyone! :wave: How's it going out there? Anyone else sick out there? I've had this horrible cold all week. Well my dork's been writing everyday, that makes me feel better!:yay: Apparently they've been on l/d since last thursday. I hope I can see him tomorrow!

Lulu21
12-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm such a dork, I voted for the wrong prison! My mouse got stuck and I clicked on the wrong one SORRY!!!

sherry_wine
12-10-2005, 01:21 AM
:wave: Hello my CHINO Girls:wave:
How is everybody?? hope to see everyone tomorrow as I'll be there
I'll be the one with the big grin:D :yes: :clap: :clap: and I hope to be the first in Line too!!!:thumbsup: Okay we'll see about that one:p

LOVE and SUPPORT to all

sherry_wine
12-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm such a dork, I voted for the wrong prison! My mouse got stuck and I clicked on the wrong one SORRY!!!

bad girl bad bad girl:haha: :ha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :ha: :haha:
well at least your showing some support for others:thumbsup: :yes: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Its all good :yay: :yay: :rock:

raynards4ever
12-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Oh well, that's ok--hope it was for ISP!!:D

BnRConverse
12-10-2005, 08:54 AM
I just wanted to come show some love since I wont be visiting!!!

~Sherry you gotta come see our post I was a little crazy over there. LOL-crackin everyone up-LOL
:heart: :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: :heart::grouphug:

P.S. I hope that vote for ISP too!!! If you couldn't have it...:( / :)

raynards4ever
12-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Who had a visit, who had a visit, who had a visit hey hey hey hey
I had a visit, I had a visit, I had a visit hey hey hey hey
Regular contact that's right--Right on for Lauolive and Raynard--awwwww how cute--
Anyways I sure hope everybody here at Chino had a great visit and if you didn't visit then I hope you had a wonderful Saturday--I'm gonna be doin the same for tomorrow--yeah!!!!! How's my girl Sherry today?

turtles29
12-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Hello Everyone, I hope that everyone that went to visit tried to get a pleasant one. Well its Saturday night and I am getting ready for tomorrows visit. We have been together for quiet some time and I still get butterflies. I am constantly waking up in the middle of the night to see what time is it. I just cant wait to be in his arms.

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 12:52 AM
:wave:HELLO :wave:
How is everyone
well I went to vist today and I had a good one!!
even if we can't get any extra kisses in :blah: :shrug: what can I say?
I :drool: miss having he's lips on mine,
but its on him why we can't:( :slap: why he wants:hmm: to hang with a bunch of Men:hmm: :eek: Okay I better stop before I really start to think of all kinds of stuff:confused: :yes: :haha: :ha: :haha:
Well I seen jen70 in line and she did say Hello:wave: :yay:But she didn't even come talk to me :nono: :D :shrug: Whats up with that girl??? So how are you?? You know you can step out of line and talk to me!!!
Okay just thought I would send some love to everyone:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
County prosecutors on Friday asked a judge to consider replacing the court-appointed attorneys representing an inmate charged with murdering a prison guard................

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3296149

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Click on this site to view old SQ pictures......

http://content.cdlib.org/view?docId=tf4489p33c&doc.view=items

phatbaby
12-11-2005, 01:07 PM
I just saw the article and picture on Blaylock. I don't want to sound rude or mean but his picture scared the hell out of me. I thought Chino was Minimum security (non violent offenders)? I would think a life sentence should have been spent in a Maximum Inst. like Alcatraz *only other jail I know of* or a place like it??? Is it possible a visitor could be hurt by an inmate like him? *SCARY*

Lulu21
12-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Hello Everyone!:wave: Well I didn't get to see my Dork!:cry: They're on L/D Again! Well hopefully I get to see him next Saturday! You guys are lucky you get kisses I get a window! But lots of I Love You's!:dance: Oh Yeah!!! I hope everyone had good visits!

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I just saw the article and picture on Blaylock. I don't want to sound rude or mean but his picture scared the hell out of me. I thought Chino was Minimum security (non violent offenders)? I would think a life sentence should have been spent in a Maximum Inst. like Alcatraz *only other jail I know of* or a place like it??? Is it possible a visitor could be hurt by an inmate like him? *SCARY*

he was still in reception at the time
he was suppose to be transfer out of there I think

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 06:41 PM
:wave: :wave:HELLO my CHINO people :wave: :wave:

JulieLD
jen70
phatbaby
kittenn0816
hurt&confused
raynards4ever
BnRConverse
Nanoguy
Lulu21
LauraDsMommy
turtles29

How are you all doing??

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 06:59 PM
:thumbsup:

phatbaby
12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I did'nt get to visit today, yesterday was beautiful though. I hope it was smooth sailing for all of you who was lucky enough to visit today. I had to post before the week begins and show my :yay: :yay: :yay: little happy dance. I thought this would never come but I have 14 days and a few morning hours and my Honeypotpie is FREEEEEEE & HOME 2 MEEEE!!!!!

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I did'nt get to visit today, yesterday was beautiful though. I hope it was smooth sailing for all of you who was lucky enough to visit today. I had to post before the week begins and show my :yay: :yay: :yay: little happy dance. I thought this would never come but I have 14 days and a few morning hours and my Honeypotpie is FREEEEEEE & HOME 2 MEEEE!!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :fb: :dance: :dance: :fb: :dance: :fb:

CONGRATS to you:thumbsup: :rock: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hifive: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 07:40 PM
phatbaby what time did you get there??
I was like #29 in line:thumbsup:

payasosangel
12-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey lady sherry wine, it's me angela. Well, I finally got in. Just wanted to let u know.

LauraDsMommy
12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey all,

I finally foudn out he's in Chino now. There was some mix-up because they told me they sent him to Patton Hospital for the evaluation, but then I got a letter from him in Chino, so go figure.

I guess he is in reception and can't get any books. Do I still have to wait the 30 days for the vistiting form to go through if he's in reception, or since that's non-touching or whatever can I go down there on Saturday?

Thanks.

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey lady sherry wine, it's me angela. Well, I finally got in. Just wanted to let u know.
Hey there you Hello

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey all,

I finally foudn out he's in Chino now. There was some mix-up because they told me they sent him to Patton Hospital for the evaluation, but then I got a letter from him in Chino, so go figure.

I guess he is in reception and can't get any books. Do I still have to wait the 30 days for the vistiting form to go through if he's in reception, or since that's non-touching or whatever can I go down there on Saturday?

Thanks.
when did you fill out the visiting form??

LauraDsMommy
12-11-2005, 09:18 PM
I got the form on the 2nd and sent it back on the 3rd

sherry_wine
12-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I got the form on the 2nd and sent it back on the 3rd
maybe they'll approve it right away I would call and ask

LauraDsMommy
12-11-2005, 09:22 PM

What number should I call to ask?

sherry_wine
12-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Okay Ladies,
How is everyone doing???
Who went to Visit??:thumbsup:
How was it??
I didn't get to visit:no: :cry:
So talk to me!!:p

sherry_wine
12-17-2005, 11:16 PM

The Adult Operations and Adult Programs Visiting Information Toll-Free Telephone Number is (800) 374-8474. This toll-free number will provide most visiting information for all CDC institutions in English or Spanish. Some regulations, visiting hours and days could vary from one institution to the other. This phone number will lead you to the information for each institution.

bullittgirl
12-18-2005, 04:42 PM
platbaby,Hi ,Would you please tell me how long the druive up to cim is .Iwould like to visit my man.i also live in s.d.Thamks,bullittgirl

phatbaby
12-18-2005, 04:49 PM
It is about an hour and 15 min. providing traffic is smooth.

Lulu21
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Hello Everyone:wave:! I hope everyone got to visit this weekend and that you guys had a great one, I finally got to see my dork!:fb:

bullittgirl
12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Hello all,Just stopped by to say hello and have a Merry Christmas..

BnRConverse
12-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey everyone!!! I just wanted to come send you some Ironwood love! I hope everyone had a good visit.:D

Lailonimenrad
12-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Hello everyone I have a few questions about chino. Its for my aunt actully so im going to just post her email message and see if anyone can help.
Thanks in advance

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me...My boyfriend is getting relesed from Chino Prison on Jan 2nd.... (I'm excited!) smile... But I don't know what to do as in, what time should I arrive there in the morning to pick him up....What do I tell them at the gate? And does anyone also know approximately how long of wait it will be for me there??? Do they bring them out in a van or do they walk out? I've never picked anyone up from Prison before... So if someone knows anything about a "Pick up" can you please let me know, any information will be helpful to me... I have 14 days before his release....
Thank you so much,
Barbara

fiesty1
12-20-2005, 02:11 PM
:wave: my brother is in delano right now, but he's gonna get transfered to chino in a few weeks. I've gone to visit him in chino before though. its been a while though. like the beginning of this year that he was in chino. I was reading about the guard in the bushes. lolz. that is so funny. tryin to be all sneaky probably. hahaha.:hifive: i would love to see him next time i'm there!!! it's good for a laugh. anywayz, a lot of you were saying how there is new guards there. i like how easy it is to sneak in things. lolz. unless they have new check in procedures. but yea im not doing that anymore. lolz. i dont wanna get caught. i like how it's open and you can actually hug them & stuff. plus, it's only a 15 minute drive to my house. unless there's a lot of traffic, it takes like 20 minutes. but i can't complain. i already know most of the guards there. except for the new ones, of course. they're all pretty cool & respectful. or at least from what i've experenced. I know that place pretty good, so if anyone has any ?'s, hit me up. take care! laterz 4 now. :wave:

fiesty1
12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
what you can do is go to the front gate, and tell the guard that you're there to pick someone up. and you just wait there. lolz. if im not mistaken you can go like an hour or so in advance. or you can just call, too. it's been a while that i've been there, but the pick ups aren't anything complicated. it's real simple dealing wit chino. which is why i like having my bro there. so yea. if u have more ?s, hit me up. take care! :)

sherry_wine
12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone I have a few questions about chino. Its for my aunt actully so im going to just post her email message and see if anyone can help.
Thanks in advance

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me...My boyfriend is getting relesed from Chino Prison on Jan 2nd.... (I'm excited!) smile... But I don't know what to do as in, what time should I arrive there in the morning to pick him up....What do I tell them at the gate? And does anyone also know approximately how long of wait it will be for me there??? Do they bring them out in a van or do they walk out? I've never picked anyone up from Prison before... So if someone knows anything about a "Pick up" can you please let me know, any information will be helpful to me... I have 14 days before his release....
Thank you so much,
Barbara

:yay: CONGRATS :yay: on picking him up!:thumbsup:

first I would be there at 7:30am
go to the gate let the officer at the gate know
you are there to pick-up your B/F than you can go to
your car and wait for him which I've waited til about 11:00
before he was release, but I have heard some get out before that time
But like in the post above things pretty much do go nicely:D

sherry_wine
12-25-2005, 03:02 AM
So anyone have a good visit?? I know I did even if I was the 2nd one in line
and had to leave early :shrug: :cry: :cry:
Oh well there was alot of people visiting :thumbsup:
I was the one the paramedic's had to restain and take out of there:yes: :haha: :ha: :haha: Okay just joking
but the lady they did take out I heard she started shaking and passed out most likely from standing in that long line in the sun:eek: Hey tell them to bring back the shade and make it longer!!!:p :)
well get back at me and let me know how your visit was:thumbsup:

LOVE AND SUPPORT ALWAYS:thumbsup:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :love: :grouphug: :grouphug: :rock:

Lulu21
12-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey Everyone:wave: ! Well I had a great visit both Saturday and Sunday! :yay: He was telling me that they might keep him there at Chino, he's not to thrilled about the idea, but I live 5 minutes away, which would be great for us(Jr. & I)! But we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks, Happy Holidays to everyone!

sherry_wine
12-26-2005, 04:21 AM
Hey Everyone:wave: ! Well I had a great visit both Saturday and Sunday! :yay: He was telling me that they might keep him there at Chino, he's not to thrilled about the idea, but I live 5 minutes away, which would be great for us(Jr. & I)! But we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks, Happy Holidays to everyone!
Soooo Happy for you!!
hope everything is great I mean your only 5 minutes away thats really good
but if he dosen't care for the prison (CHINO) well its not much better anywhere else:blah: But what can you do???:cool:

Lulu21
12-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks! Tell me about it, he's pretty much stuck, he gets what they give him! So how was your visit? I heard it was pretty busy over there.

JulieLD
12-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been down to visit since Dec. 4th (my poor husband is feeling it), but I'm almost 400 miles away.... Well I was planning to come down the weekend of January 7-8th, but my husband was told last weekend that there is not going to be any visiting that weekend because of the one year anniversary of the killing of the guard.

I was wondering if anybody else heard this. He said someone who was at visiting last weekend said they were all told that. I talked to someone who answers the phone at visiting and she said that is not true, but it seems to depend on who you are talking too... So, anybody know anything???

Also, I'm trying to bring my husband's 19 year old son down for a visit. I am mailing back his visiting application today, but my husband insists that he can come visit before it's approved because we are more than 250 miles away....again, the visiting office said no, not before he has approval.... Anybody know about this as well?

Thanks all!

turtles29
12-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I went to visit this weekend and there is a poster in front saying that there will be no visits on one of the days only. I am sorry, I didn't pay much attention since I wasn't planning on going. The only thing for sure is that there will be visits only one day. I will find out later and post it.

Lulu21
12-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been down to visit since Dec. 4th (my poor husband is feeling it), but I'm almost 400 miles away.... Well I was planning to come down the weekend of January 7-8th, but my husband was told last weekend that there is not going to be any visiting that weekend because of the one year anniversary of the killing of the guard.

Yeah there was a big poster stating that there is no visiting on Saturday, because there having some walkathon or something like that but that visiting will resume on Sunday Jan. 8.

JulieLD
12-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the information! I was planning to fly down on the 7th at night and come visit on Sunday the 8th, so it looks like I can still go. - Yea!! :D

sherry_wine
12-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the information! I was planning to fly down on the 7th at night and come visit on Sunday the 8th, so it looks like I can still go. - Yea!! :D

And yes they should approve his son as long his ID says he lives that far they can approve the visit on the spot they did it for me 2 years ago when I came from Colorado:thumbsup:

JulieLD
12-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Cool! Thanks for the information. Have they brought back the awning out front? And I bet they don't let us bring umbrellas in right? Hats?

sherry_wine
12-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Cool! Thanks for the information. Have they brought back the awning out front? And I bet they don't let us bring umbrellas in right? Hats?

No,No and No:(

phatbaby
01-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Happy New Year Chino Ladies!!! Yes, I'm still here. My Sweeties release date wasn't Dec. 26 instead Jan. 04. Just as well I had a terrible sinus cold over Christmas and the extra days I need to prepare a homecoming splash. I thought I would make the drive today and visit. I was hoping to see some postings regarding how visiting went yesterday. As always I'm trying to guess the highway and visitor traffic flow. Fourth of July I walked right in, visited as long as I wanted. Thanksgiving, OMG! It was a nightmare. The line for visiting was wrapped around the block and took me 2 hours to get in to visit for maybe an hr. 1/2 then it took me 5 hrs. to get home, usually taking me only 75 min. Oh well, think I'll stay home and wait to hear all your news on this weekends visits. (Since I'll be making my last trip on Wednesday, YEAH!!!) Hope all yours were great ones. * & U walked right in * :thumbsup:

Lulu21
01-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Happy New Year! Well my Dork and his buddy's were on Lock Down! So I was kinda bummed out. Hopefully Next week! We'll see, I hope you guys got to visit and had a great one.

sherry_wine
01-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Happy New Year Chino Ladies!!! Yes, I'm still here. My Sweeties release date wasn't Dec. 26 instead Jan. 04. Just as well I had a terrible sinus cold over Christmas and the extra days I need to prepare a homecoming splash. I thought I would make the drive today and visit. I was hoping to see some postings regarding how visiting went yesterday. As always I'm trying to guess the highway and visitor traffic flow. Fourth of July I walked right in, visited as long as I wanted. Thanksgiving, OMG! It was a nightmare. The line for visiting was wrapped around the block and took me 2 hours to get in to visit for maybe an hr. 1/2 then it took me 5 hrs. to get home, usually taking me only 75 min. Oh well, think I'll stay home and wait to hear all your news on this weekends visits. (Since I'll be making my last trip on Wednesday, YEAH!!!) Hope all yours were great ones. * & U walked right in * :thumbsup:

:wave: Hey phatbaby:wave:
Congrats on picking him up:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I go for mine a week after you!!:yes: :yay: :yay:
I went to visit Saturday and Sunday
Saturday they didn't open the yard til about 10:30
and today they open it About 10:00
had a great visit both days:D :drool: :drool:
but it was wet and cold on saturday and today it was cold!!

sherry_wine
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
:yay: :yay: HAPPY NEW YEAR:yay: :yay:
To all my Chino People

JulieLD
jen70
phatbaby
Lulu21
turtles29
LauraDsMommy
payasosangel
bullittgirl
fiesty1
and to my IRONWOOD and CHUCKAWALLA people
raynards4ever
BnRConverse
andrewlailoni

and to all others too Happy New Year:thumbsup:

sherry_wine
01-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Happy New Year! Well my Dork and his buddy's were on Lock Down! So I was kinda bummed out. Hopefully Next week! We'll see, I hope you guys got to visit and had a great one.

Hey Lulu21
so sorry to hear he was on lockdown :(
and you do know there will be No Visiting on Saturday the 7th
this is due to them taking the time to remember one of thier own:thumbsup:
Manuel Gonzalez

phatbaby
01-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Somebody talk to me. I'm NERVOUS!!! I've been planning for this day a long time and couldnt be more ready but while I wait, and the time gets closer, I feel so anxious and thinking I'm not so ready for this day like I thought. Closet full of clothes and can't decide what to wear. Conservative or Sexy? I have resv. at resort for that night, 30mi. drive and then 2 week resv. closer to home at beach hotel. Besides the obvious, :blush: what does a guy want or want to do after 18 mos. of isolation? I have a good bottle of champagne for a evening of in room by the fireplace or jacuzzi 4-2 but what about b4 then? Car ride to resort is gonna be weird. I wont be able to drive, I'll have us in Canada so excited and nervous. Dont even know if I'll be any good at giving directions. I tossed and turned all night unable to sleep and I'm not a bit tired now. I can't be like this for 2 days. I'll be a wreck and look wrecked for sure. ha!ha! Someone HELP! MS.SHERRY WHERE ARE YOU?

Afatasi
01-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi , If my man was in Ironwood and got transfered to Chino does that mean he is coming out soon???

Lulu21
01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey Lulu21
so sorry to hear he was on lockdown :(
and you do know there will be No Visiting on Saturday the 7th
this is due to them taking the time to remember one of thier own:thumbsup:
Manuel Gonzalez I could have sworn that wasnt for another 2 weeks, where does time go? Thanks for reminding me. ;) Well he finally went to Classification he has level 3 points so I think it's gonna be Ironwood which i dont mind the drive is nice and peaceful. Well I'm happy for you, he's almost home! :thumbsup:

sherry_wine
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi , If my man was in Ironwood and got transfered to Chino does that mean he is coming out soon???
No not really, he should know his release date already

sherry_wine
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Somebody talk to me. I'm NERVOUS!!! I've been planning for this day a long time and couldnt be more ready but while I wait, and the time gets closer, I feel so anxious and thinking I'm not so ready for this day like I thought. Closet full of clothes and can't decide what to wear. Conservative or Sexy? I have resv. at resort for that night, 30mi. drive and then 2 week resv. closer to home at beach hotel. Besides the obvious, :blush: what does a guy want or want to do after 18 mos. of isolation? I have a good bottle of champagne for a evening of in room by the fireplace or jacuzzi 4-2 but what about b4 then? Car ride to resort is gonna be weird. I wont be able to drive, I'll have us in Canada so excited and nervous. Dont even know if I'll be any good at giving directions. I tossed and turned all night unable to sleep and I'm not a bit tired now. I can't be like this for 2 days. I'll be a wreck and look wrecked for sure. ha!ha! Someone HELP! MS.SHERRY WHERE ARE YOU?

go sexy!!:D
mmm... driving yeah that is a hard one:haha: :ha: :haha:
the last time I picked him up from Chuckawalla, and had Hotel resv. Near the Beach so from chuckawalla to the hotel was like three hour drive and it seem like forever!! We went to the Hotel first:rolleyes: than to a Casino:thumbsup:
And I let him drive;) Food He will want to eat a good meal when he does eat!!:D What do you need directions for?? Go to MapQuest.com
As for being a wreck, I'm with you on that one, I'm already having trouble sleeping and I still have a week to go after you, I don't know about you but after he's been away for awhile its like the first time all over again:p
you are going to get to CHINO early right, so you can let them know you are there.:thumbsup: Let me know how it goes:D

sherry_wine
01-04-2006, 05:27 AM
phatbaby
I know your up and getting ready for your big day!!:yay: :fb: :dance: :drool: :drool: :dance: :fb: :yay:
you go girl have a good one!!:thumbsup:
hope you come back and post for us how it all went:)

:fb: :yay: :yay: :dance: :dance:CONGRATS:dance: :dance: :yay: :yay: :fb:

sherry_wine
01-04-2006, 06:02 AM
CHINO - Four inmates at the California Institution for Men say they've launched a hunger strike to protest poor living conditions at the decades-old facility.
The men also claim the prison isn't following proper protocol for when an inmate goes on a hunger strike, which calls for hospitalization and other specific measures.

But prison officials said the allegations are unfounded, and that there's no evidence the inmates have actually stopped eating.

"We don't have anybody listed on a hunger strike right now," said Lt. Tim Shirlock, a prison spokesman.

The four prisoners Matthew Cramer, Chris Lewis, Isaac Lopez and Jake Thompson began their hunger strike in November, according to a letter Cramer sent to the Daily Bulletin.

The inmates said they were attacked and beaten by officers in the prison, and kept too long in filthy cells.

"Essentially, I'm on my second hunger strike," Cramer said in his letter. "I was led to believe issues would be resolved, but was lied to."

Cramer has tangled with prison officials before. His testimony in a high-profile civil rights case at Pelican Bay State Prison led to the conviction of an officer for conspiring to assault prisoners and bringing alcohol into the prison. The convictions in state court were later overturned.

Cramer filed a petition for a court order to be fed intravenously in the prison's hospital, but it was rejected by a San Bernardino County Superior Court judge earlier this month.

Lopez's mother also received a letter, in which her son described poor conditions at the prison, such as bathrooms going uncleaned and rats roaming the tiers. He also said Lewis was pushed down a flight of stairs by an officer, who claimed he fell.

"I would not want to live like that," said Ramona Smith, Lopez's mother. She acknowledged that prison is not meant to be a pleasant experience, but said, "they gotta have respect for (the inmates) also."

Shirlock questioned whether any of the inmates were actually on a legitimate hunger strike. He said Cramer had claimed to be on a hunger strike once before, but the inmate gained weight.

Sometimes, Shirlock said, inmates claim they're not eating when in fact they're only skipping regular meals in the cafeteria and still eating food in their cells.

"The chief medical officer is actually the one that declares they're on a hunger strike," he said. "There has to be indicators he's actually on a hunger strike, by them monitoring the meals, documenting when the meals get served to them, whether they eat or not, (if there's) weight loss."

All I can say if its all that bad, why do they keep going back???
and if I ever did anything to get myself locked up I would suck it up do my time and try my best never to go back!!
And there is a reason that they are locked up, but what I don't like is when the C/O's treat the visitors with no respect I've seen it and its not right!!

Afatasi
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Thank you Sherry. But after I post my message I found out other Info.

Barbara
01-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome:) you now have your own forum, please post your new threads in the forum. I am closing this thread. Love Barb