View Full Version : What happens to inmates property when transfered to another federal facility?

paulandchristy
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Can anyone tell me In a federal prisions, what happens to all the inmates property, such as items purchased from commasary,or sent in from the outside if they are transfered to another facility, such as on con-air, or bus,
I know it can cost alot to get all one needs to make life a little better on the inside, and would be a shame if a inmate cannot keep their property with them, when transfered, So does it get moved with the inmate, or do they just loose it and have to start over again and purchase new property:confused:

Dale'sforever
10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Christy, what state is your loved one in?

paulandchristy
10-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Safford federal, Arizona

Dale'sforever
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Ok, I just wanted to make sure since I saw Seattle on your location. Sorry about that! :o Hopefully one of our members that has a loved one in federal will be along to help you soon. :)

4ever&4always
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Well from our experience, it is supposed to follow you. Of course it takes awhile. Unfortunately they lost 2 of the 3 boxes when my baby got transferred, that was in feb. and they have never showed up.:mad: So the answer to your question is, yes it is supposed to follow you...hope this helped........~Take Care~

poni'swoman
10-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I think they are able to pack two boxes that goes with them. Everything else is either sent home or given to other prisoners.

Homiegirl
10-24-2005, 11:54 PM
From our experience...my loved one couldnt take ANYTHING with him from the county to the federal place. He had to box it up and send it home...all his bookd he left for the other inmates in his POD. Then when he got to OTC, he had to donate his clothes he had on to a charity and when he went to his final destination he couldnt take anything with him and had to start all over...sucks!!