View Full Version : Connected to Islam Community

Pages : 1 [2] 3

one_luv
05-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I think the words on the bottom should be different. It Should have Allah added and keep sisterhood, but not sure about the other two words. SO what do you all think is most important about the Connected to Islam Community ?

jahanara
05-30-2006, 06:05 AM
I like the picture a lot. I think the words are just fine. It represents ideals that are fundamental in Islam - Ummah (Community/ Brotherhood/ Sisterhood), Salam (Peace) and 'Ilm (Knowledge).

Islam already means submission to Allah, so I dont think there's any need to add Allah.

The siggy is perfect the way it is.

Your#1Soldier
05-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I really love the picture. Its great just the way it is. :D

one_luv
05-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks ladies.

BabyBooWV
06-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Thank You so much MsMecca for the info and I can't wait to get the email. Also, Happy Belated Birthday.

one_luv
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
How's everyone doing?

missvee1014
06-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey one_luv
I'm doing okay. This weekend I'm about to tie the knot and fulfill half of our religion. inshallah! Alhamdulilah! How are you? It's been kind of dead in here huh? yeah ! WEll have a great day!:thumbsup:

BabyBooWV
06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
msmecca, I never recieved your email. I was wondering is it may has gotten lost in cyber space?

one_luv
06-07-2006, 03:52 AM
missvee1014 Mabrouk. As-salaam alayku. Would love to see a pic of your wedding, if you'll have one. You can always send to my PM if you don't want to post it. Hint. I just love wedding photos and the looks in bride and grooms faces. It's magical and special.

And where is our lovely Umm Aby?

Jahanara, How is the battle in Indonesia? SO what do you specifically do there, if you dont mind posting? If not, I understand completely.

CP1023 Marhaban. That is welcome in arabic, correct?

PBE and 1 soilder, Isn't there a special event coming up for you?

Babyboo, have you checked out

http://www.al-islam.org/

http://www.pbs.org/empires/islam/

http://www.islamonline.net/english/index.shtml

Have a wonderful day sisters!!!!!!!!!

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

missvee1014
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Salaam,
Thanks One luv!! I know umm abby has been moving and has lost internet and Your1solider she's been busy looking for a job and comes on from time to time
But I'll pm you with the pics when I get back. Inshallah! Well have a good day all :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Umm Aby
06-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Assalamu Alaykum sis, this is just a quick thing................may Allah bless the union for you! walahi i miss everyone here!.
stay safe!
wa alaykum salam

missvee1014
06-07-2006, 02:59 PM
I miss you too abby!!! inshallah your move is going fine

jahanara
06-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Assalamu alaikum,
missvee1014, congratulations and may Allah grant you two a joyous and peaceful marriage full of love, trust and iman (faith).
One Luv,I'm involved in an educational program regarding natural disaster awareness & preparation. I just turned 23, it's my first job after graduation, so it's been exciting. I'll only be here for a few months.Then, I'll return home and work with a law firm. I'm contemplating masters after being called to the Bar insya Allah.
.....and all my sisters, always continue to stay strong and please keep all of us here in your prayers!

Here's something we can discuss about? - Considering how our other halves are / were incarcereted, and we are all 'connected to Islam' through our relationship, how has Islam affected your relationship with your other half?

PBE
06-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Hi ! I haven't been in here in a while , my apologies...

How is everyone ? One_luv I do have an event coming up , but not soon enough :( our marriage interview is in October !

Actually though our 1 yr anniversary is July 23rd and my 27th birthday is 4 days later !

Jahanara , another good idea.

Well I would have to say that I don't think Islam has affected our relationship in any negative way whatsoever. Every time we visit we talk about it and how it will affect our future , mainly whatever children we have.

Sometimes he gets upset with me because I got a free Quran but I haven't started to read it yet. He asks me why did I get it if I don't read it.
I do plan to read it and try to understand Islam more , but I have to say a mixture of buzyness and laziness has kept me from that goal. I will try tomorrow to put aside some time and at least read a few chapters.

Have any of you who are not Muslim read the Quran ?

missvee1014
06-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm BAAACK Ya'll. I'll read the posts later I just wanted to say that. I have a few pics. If you want to see em' please pm me b/c they're too big (In file size) to put up here

msmecca
06-11-2006, 07:42 PM
sorry I havent been on in a while.

its been crazy here... my job has displaced about 700 employees... me being one of them. Maybe I will fall into place somewhere, if not I will be devoting full time to my non-profit......I havent been able to find a decent person to rent my house. Life... you know how it goes.....

Babyboo- I sent thatinfo via e-mail today. Im sorry I haven't been online in awhile I'm swamped.

I am glad eveyone is ok.....

msmecca
06-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Congrats to PBE, Missvee..

Jaharna. Keep up the hard work. We need strong sistahs to be role models for our lost children...

missvee1014
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Here's something we can discuss about? - Considering how our other halves are / were incarcereted, and we are all 'connected to Islam' through our relationship, how has Islam affected your relationship with your other half?

Well for me, I know that allah has brought me to him. Mashallah! I also know that Islam and it's teachings are SOOO simple to me and I love simple things!!! So learning more and more about islam and its teachings has helped me realize the importance in life, how to live in a more honest, humble and modest way. As far as me and my New husband, I feel its bringing us closer. The reason why I say that is because on our past 2 visits this weekend, I was saying things and quoting readings from the noble quran and I can tell that he 's proud and happy that I'm learning and worshipping our lord through knowledge, I also feel that it's helped me understand the importances in life (Love, marriage, children and paradise). I just know that I'm comfortable in Islam. It requires so little that if you can't do the basics why call urself Muslim. What I mean is that there's no extra unecessaryness to Islam, its straight and to the point!!! Well that's my :twocents:

msmecca
06-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Just as my husband allways says.. everything in life has a balance.

Allah joined us because we compliment and complete each other but not without the guidance of Islam.

It was Islam that brought me closer to my husband. Everything he taught me.. pushed for me to seek, I found comfort and simplness in... as Missvee says.

Islam is a natural way of life and I have found that as long as you do things that is in line with the the will and laws of Allah, you will have total happiness and peace. I guess that is my key to a successful and fulfilling marriage... Islam.....

PEACE...:)

missvee1014
06-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Good way of putting it mrsmecca:thumbsup::thumbsup:

msmecca
06-12-2006, 02:34 PM
12 Lessons to Restore the Image, the Character & the Responsibility of..

The Goddess Blackwoman Mother of Civilization
by Akil....

This is a good read for anyone woman stepping into Islam for the first time. Or for a sister trying to change her life. It's to the point and illustrates exactly how simple it is to become a Goddess...

Anyone have books to add.. I am always looking to extend my library....

(thats the other thing my husband and I have in common, we both like to read and we cherish our books)

msmecca
06-12-2006, 02:40 PM
PBE I know what you mean about the mixture of lazy & busy...after doing all the things I HAVE to do, often I find myself not doing the things I should or want to do...

Maybe we can start a study group...once a week or every two weeks might be best since we are so busy....

Pick a topic, read from the Quran...ask questions and respond...

Anyone pretty versed on the the Quran that can lead?

missvee1014
06-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm not pretty versed but I'm Down, After graduating college my time is spent watching NEWS NEws and ellen, and NEWS oh yeah and 24 repeats.:(:rolleyes:. I am definitely down with a study group. Also Knowledge is one form of worship to Allah (Swt):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

one_luv
06-14-2006, 05:46 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"]I see msmecca shares my appreciation of akil. I have not read the book you mentioned, but my husband introduced me to "from niggas to gods" 1 & 2. some parts are extreme, but overall a unique enlightening book. i will have to go through my library and name a few. Yes, a study group sounds wonderful. Jaharna and Umm know the Koran quite well, and don't you as well ms mecca. Or we can take turns talking about a certain topic or verse. /COLOR]

one_luv
06-14-2006, 05:48 AM
msmecca,
i am so srry to hear about your job and house. My prayers are with you. Something good is about to happen- didn;t you want to move soon? Maybe this is a sign?

msmecca
06-14-2006, 12:30 PM
one_luv

I have come across those books several times From NIggas To Gods I & II. But I have never read them. I do like like Akil... I told my husband that Akil reminds me so much of him at times...

I have only been studying the Quran a year under the guidance of my husband...I cant say that I would be confident enough to lead anyone else in study just yet...I am gonna look online and see if there is a womans guide to the Quran or something similar we can get and use to study from...

Thank you one_lov.. I am truly blessed so I try not to worry so much about the job, the house. Yes I want to move closer to my husband so maybe this is just Allas's way of preparing me.. I go see my husband next month and we will discuss everything...

one_luv
06-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I lovely PTO member sent me a link to this e-book, Marriage and Morals in Islam. I think it would be great for us all to read and then discuss, although I have not read it all and I'm not sure if it's cotroversial or not. let me know what you think. here are the first couple of paragrahs from it.

http://www.al-islam.org/m_morals/

The Islamic sexual morality is fundamentally different from that of the Christian Church. This is because of the all-encompassing nature of the Islamic shari'ah. Bertrand Russell says, "Great religious leaders, with the exception of Muhammad and Confucius, if he can be called religious have in general been very indifferent to social and political considerations, and have sought rather to perfect the soul by meditation, discipline and self-denial." (Marriage and Morals, p. 175-176) Yes, Islam has surely not been indifferent to social problems.

The Islamic sexual morality is also fundamentally different from the new sexual morality in a sense that it does not accept the concept of free sex. Islam aims at teaching its followers not to suppress their sexual urges, rather to fulfill them but in a responsible way.

Islam recognizes the sexual needs of human beings and believes that the natural instincts should be nurtured, not suppressed. Islam says that the biological parts of our body have a purpose, they have not been created uselessly. No text in Islam can be found to equate sex with inherent evil or sin; whatever has been taught by the Qur'an, Prophet Muhammad and his Ahlu'l-bayt points in the opposite direction. What the Qur'an and the authentic sunnah and I emphasize on authentic have said about sex and marriage will now be discussed under the following headings: Islam has very highly recommended marriage as a good deed and not as a lesser of two evils; Islam has very strongly opposed celibacy and monasticism, and Islam believes that marriage is not a hindrance in spiritual wayfaring, on the contrary it helps the wayfarer.

missvee1014
06-18-2006, 08:50 PM
One_Luv-
Interesting that you posted this namely the latter of this paragragh:
Islam has very strongly opposed celibacy and monasticism, and Islam believes that marriage is not a hindrance in spiritual wayfaring, on the contrary it helps the wayfarer.
My husband(whoo hoo I can say that now) were talking about this at our visit yesterday. HE stated those same exact words in a way and alhamdulilah you brought this topic up. I will put this into the many readings that i have to do this week. It seems interesting. Thanks

I hope you and everyone are having a good day and are staying strong and pious. Walaikum Salaam All

Your#1Soldier
06-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Assalamu Alaikum everybody. Rememeber me? LOL. Yeah I know I have been missing in action for awhile. Oh you guys its seems like its been busy here on the forum. I have been missing out. Well I just read a little bit and PBE asked a question if any non Muslims read the Qur'an. Well I read the Qur'an when I was a non Muslim. But first I started with just getting articles and going to Islamic sites. I really wanted to understand and learn what my man believed in. Then after awhile I just had a hunger to learn more. I ordered my free Qur'an and started to read it. I didnt read it much at the begining but after awhile the words stuck with me. It was and still is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. Now about not having time or just being lazy I so understand because we are human and us humans much rather do something that is fun and doesent require time. But girls I will tell you that if I dont read my Qur'an for awhile I feel a sense of emptiness like I am missing something. But then when I read the Qur'an I fill that peace. I just hate to fill like this. I have found ways to work around my schedule being that I care for my two young nieces and my ill uncle. I ordered a free Qur'an on CD and I just pop it in my radio or DVD player and listen to the Qur'an being recited to me in Arabic and English. I listen to it while I am cleaning. I have also imported it in my Ipod and I can listen to the Qur'an when I am on the go such as sitting on the bus or train. There is always ways to make time even if its just a few minutes. I have also printed verses from the Qur'an and taped them to my mirrors, closet doors, regrigerator. You name it. So when I am passing I can see it and its a reminder to me if I have taken the time out to spend those few moments meditating with my dear Lord.

Now as for any events for me. Well I turned 23 on June 5th. Also I wish I had good news to post about my wedding but unfortunately I dont. The Imam at the facility refuses to marry us. And even if I get another Imam (which will be hard) I need to find myself a Wali because no Imam will marry me without a Wali. So as of right now the wedding is on hold until I finish school. Insha Allah he will be getting transferred out of state. Maybe at another facility. I am patient. Well girls thats whats up with me. I am looking for a job like missvee said. Me, missvee, and Umm Abby talk through emails. Umm Abby should have her internet connection established at her new place in the next two weeks, Insha Allah. And ofcourse you all know Missvee got married. May Allah bless her and her husband. Missvee is also learning and growing. May Allah bless her with much knowledge. Well girls I guess I have talked my head off. Insha Allah I will be posting more often. Salaam!

missvee1014
06-19-2006, 09:54 AM
I AGREE with what you said!!! May Allah bless you too Your # 1 with your marriage, school, and the transfer. Inshallah you'll be back. You know how your computer is :D:p:thumbsup:

Salaam my Sisters, Have a great day:thumbsup:

msmecca
06-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Interesting topic.

There is a similar theme in 1 Corinthians 7:9. I believe it states it is better to marry than to burn, in reference to not being able to control sexual desires. It is also common amoung Christian belief that birth control is a sin and as stated in One_luv's post - bioligically we do serve a devine purpose as a husband and wife and that is procreation.

missvee1014
06-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Good Point!
I've also found that as christian it seemed that even thinking about sex was a sin and i found that in islam it's not that it's not a sin but it explains that sexual desires is a natural thing and that instead of avoiding the inevitable, to take prevention from doing things that are against allah's will which is why marriage is important.

jahanara
06-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Assalamu alaikum mySisters,
In Islam, sex is sacred and marriage the means that Allah has ordained towards it.
Here are some wonderful links on this:-

Islamic Perspective on Sex http://www.themodernreligion.com/Sex.htm

Marriage in Islam http://www.zawaj.com/articles.html

Resources for and about Women in Islam http://www.jannah.org/sisters/index.html

Online Book on marriage, sex and intimacy in Islam by an eloquent writer
The Muslim Marriage Guide by Ruqayyah Waris Maqsood
http://www.ymofmd.com/books/tmmg/default.htm

Online Books about Islam (AMAZING!!!)
Young Muslims of Canada

http://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_library/default.asp?section=Concepts%

Muslims of Leicester, UK
http://****************/leicestermuslims/recommendedbooks.msnw

jahanara
06-24-2006, 05:44 AM
http://www.zawaj.com/articles/wife_adhami.html

A Wife
By Sheikh Abdullah Adhami
By getting married you are not just getting a wife, you are getting your whole world. From now until the rest of your days your wife will be your partner, your companion, and your best friend.

She will share your moments, your days, and your years. She will share your joys and sorrows, your successes and failures, your dreams and your fears. When you are ill, she will take the best care of you; when you need help, she will do all she can for you; when you have a secret, she will keep it; when you need advice, she will give you the best advice. She will always be with you: when you wake up in the morning the first thing your eyes will see will be hers; during the day, she will be with you, if for some time she is not with you by her physical body, she will be thinking of you, praying for you with all her heart, mind, and soul; when you go to sleep at night, the last thing your eyes will see will be her; and when you are asleep you will still see her in your dreams. In short, she will be your whole world and you will be her whole world.

The best description that I personally have ever read describing the closeness of the spouses to each other is the Qur'anic verse which says: "They are your garments and you are their garments." (Surah Al Baqarah 2:187). Indeed, spouses are like garments to each other because they provide one another with the protection, the comfort, the cover, the support, and the adornment that garments provide to humans. Just imagine a journey in the winter of Alaska without garments! Our spouses provide us with the same level of comfort, protection, cover, and support in the journey of our lives on this earth as garments would do in the Alaskan journey.

The relationship between the spouses is the most amazing of all human relations: the amount of love and affection, intimacy and closeness, mercy and compassion, peace and tranquillity that fills the hearts of the spouses is simply inexplicable. The only rational explanation for these most amazing of all human feelings is that: it is an act of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, "And Allah has made for you Mates (and Companions of your own nature ..." (Surah Al Nahl 16:72)
Only our Almighty Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala in His Infinite Power, Boundless Mercy, and Great Wisdom can create and ingrain these amazing and blessed feelings in the hearts of the spouses. In fact Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is reminding those who search for His signs in the universe that these feelings in the hearts of the spouses are among the signs that should guide humans to His existence as He says in the Qur'an, "And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquillity with them and He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for those who reflect." (Surah Al Rum 30:21)

But Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala knows that the human heart is not a static entity, it is sometimes weak and at times dynamic. Feelings can and do change with time. Love may wither and fade away. The marital bond might weaken if not properly cared for. Happiness in marriage cannot be taken for granted; continuous happiness requires constant giving from both sides. For the tree of marital love to remain alive and keep growing, the soil has to be sustained, maintained, watered and nurtured.

Remember that our Prophet Muhammad Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam had found the time to go out to the desert and race with his wife Aisha. She outran him but later after she had gained some weight, he outran her. Remember that the Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam took his wife to watch the young Ethiopians playing and dancing their folk dances. The show of emotions is necessary to keep the marital bond away from rusting and disintegrating. Remember that you will be rewarded by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala for any emotions you show to your wife as the Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam said "One would be rewarded for anything that he does seeking the pleasure of Allah even the food that he puts in the mouth of his wife"

Never underestimate the importance of seemingly little things as putting food in your wife's mouth, opening the car door for her, etc. Remember that the Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam used to extend his knee to his wife to assist her up to ride the camel.

Try to always find some time for both of you to pray together. Strengthening the bond between you and Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is the best guarantee that your own marital bond would always remain strong. Having peace with Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will always result in having more peace at home.

Remember that the Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam gave glad tidings for those couples who wake up at night to pray together. The Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam even urged the spouse who rises up first to wake the other spouse up, even by splashing cold water on his/her face.
Always try your best to be good to your wife by words and by deeds. Talk to her, smile to her, seek her advice, ask for her opinion, spend quality time with her and always remember that the Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam said, "The best of you are those who are best to their wives"

Finally, it is common that spouses vow to love and honor their spouses until death do them part. I do believe that this vow is good or even great, but not enough! It is not enough that you love your wife. You have to love what she loves as well. Her family, her loved ones must also become your loved ones. Don't be like my colleague who was unhappy about his wife's parents coming to visit for few weeks. He candidly said to her "I don't like your parents." Naturally she angrily looked at him straight in the eye and said, "I don't like yours either." Also, it is not enough that you love her until death do you part. Love should never end and we do believe there is life after death where those who did righteousness in this world will be joined by their spouses (Surah Al Zukhruf 43:70) and offsprings.

The best example in this regard is the Prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam whose love for Khadija, his wife of 25 years, extended to include all those she loved; this love of his continued even after her death. It was many years after her death and he never forgot her and whenever a goat was slaughtered in his house he would send portions of it to Khadija's family and friends and whenever he felt that the visitor at the door might be Khadija's sister Hala, he would pray saying, "O Allah let it be Hala."

missvee1014
06-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Jahanara- Alhamdulilah for your sweet, and captivating words. I just got married and am and have found insight in what you have said and will copy it and read it again. I really enjoyed reading about the love between the prophet Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallaam and his wife. Mashallah I'll have the same relationship with my husband. thanks for the links as well
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi baraakatuhu, to all

Umm Aby
07-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Assalamu alaykum Ummah,

Heif halick?( to everyone).......

I hope all is well?alhamdulilahi! i have missed my little family inn ere but mashallah & alhamdulilahi...i have my internet connection, so inshallah Ta'la i will be ere often!.
My hubby to be is doin great! mashallah........walahi i love that man for the sake of Allah!.
take care...
i am late for bed...i will be ere tomoro to check all that i have missed!.
ma salam

missvee1014
07-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Glad you're back and things are coming along. Alhamdulilah!
but what's Heif halick? I'm sorry I don't know what that means. ButI'm glad you're back. Inshallah you'll be back more often!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
P.S. Glad things are going well with you and hubby:thumbsup:

Umm Aby
07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
keif halick: how are u for female...

missvee1014
07-08-2006, 05:15 PM
OHHH :eek: Now I get it!!
I missed ya!!!;):p

Umm Aby
07-13-2006, 09:05 AM
salam,

Hows everyone doin?I hope u get this in best of faith and health and i hope n pray all ur families are doin well.

lindaj
07-13-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm in. I am a recent seeker. My husband is Muslim although, he hasn't been a practicing muslim for many years. My son is a Muslim and is sharing his knowledge with me. I would love to share what I have and hopefully receive from you all . Perhaps someone will PM me occasionally, as I seem to get lost in these forums. I'm just learning about this world too.

CP1023
07-13-2006, 02:25 PM
ASA,

Sisters currently if one wanted to get a Muslimah pen pal where would we post the information for the brother?

missvee1014
07-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Assalamu alaikum sisters,
insha allah you are all in good health and iman. Welcome to the new comers alhamdulilah and inshallah you'll find help, comfort and increased knowlede here. i know i have.
Umm- salaam sister missed ya how's it going? inshallah i'll hear from you soon
cp- i don't know where to find one i am sorry

well ladies, take care and inshallah i'll be back to check in with you all

Umm Aby
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Salam,

Welcome Lindaj and CP.....i hope u find this thread very helpful! feel freee to post anything u want us to know of or learn from you here and be sure that few or everyone ere will reply you.
and Cp..i hope u got my short email.
Miss....hows married live? mashallah.....anyways i got the wrong number..bin tryna to fone u but i guess it aint right! pm it to me...and we are gonna have a swirl tyme chatting.
Anyways i wanna recommend HARUN YAHYA books to everyone...
ma salam.

Umm Aby
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
i miss my habibi..........................

I miss my Habibi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i need someone to comfort me! the last tyme he wrote me was 3rd, i know i will get something monday, but monday seems like forever! like it will never come!.
Habibi, where are you? walahi i miss u soo much...i dunno how u's lot do it, but this is real torture! massive Jihad....its tormenting!....
Oh Allah, like my HUSBAND to be always says, you wnt put a burden on me, more than i can bear! pls gimme the strength and sabr to be able to deal with this trying times!. amin...
Where is my Habibi? i think i have upset my habibi,oh dear i am so sorry! i am sure he aint mad at me.....its jus me thinking......
Oh no....its unbelieveable....i actually need my habibi more than he needs me! for real...he honestly doesnt need me, he doesnt! i know that! its me that i yen for him...and wanna really be with him!
if i could, i will sign the whole of me to me! i wanna be his wifey, have his babies...loads of them, i wanna be is everything...but no..i cant...i have to share him!.
Oh Allah, why do i feel i am imprisoned in this free world! ?
Oh Allah, pls.....let my heart find peace, happiness in the Quran i will be reciting tonite?...
Oh Allah, pls send my habibi a special angel to watch over him tonite, pls for my sake...finally...ya Rabi, forgive me and my habibi's present, past and future sins! and put much love and mercy inbtwn our hearts so that we may live in peace and tranquility in this dunya and grant us jannah.....
All of these i ask of you, the lord of the worlds, the Lord of myself and my habibi.....
amin.....
Deep.............................................. .i walahi love that man!.

missvee1014
07-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Abby,
Assalamu Alaikum sister,
Mashallah you will see, be with, touch and feel your Hababi again. Inshallah you'll hear from him again. read his love for you again, feel his love for you in his letter. As you future husband said allah shall not burden u with what you can't handle to wait, wait, and see allah will reward you with a letter, or more from him. I will PM you now with my number.

Umm Aby
07-17-2006, 05:43 AM
Asalamu alaykum,

I hope everyone is doin great? alhamdulilahi....1st i wanna ask ppl to pls pray and ask Allah to relieve the pain on this Ummah, what is goin on in the middle east? this aint acceptable...why do they wanna kill half of the nation jus cause of 2 soldiers? of Allah...i am so devasted!..........this saddens me alot, ie whats goin on in the wORLD! oh Allah, open peoples eyes so that they will be able to see teh truth and act on it! kILLing people aint the solution, its jus causing more pain!.......

Now, my personal issue, my habibi has ignored me, like i said before..today is 18th and the last time he put his pen to use was on the 3rd, i miss him loads....pls make dua for him...i hope he's alrite!. and that i shud get something from him tomoro!.........
ma salam

missvee1014
07-17-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree Abby,
hubby and I were talking about it yesterday and it's something that could have been avoided (as always) and something that is so much bigger than the soliders but that's a great scapegoat for the military so yeah. But I feel you on the feelings, it's like why???why? Is it going to change anything? No. And now thousands can't leave or come and for what?
Inshallah you do get something from him and I'll make dua and hope he's alright. I sure wish there was a way to make the letters come faster but in allah' s hands it is in. It was good finally hearing from you. that made my night alhamdulilah. I lovvvee your accent by the way!! i have to learn that one day! inshallah after i learn arabic mashallah. have a good day/night:thumbsup:

Umm Aby
07-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Assalamu alaykum!

where is everyone? i miss everyone! anyways..i jus got these DVD's and i taut whoa! i must share it/them with everyone!
its on sale and u might all fall in love! ere is the link..
http://www.bookglobal.net/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=897&cat=&page=
ma salam

lindaj
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
asalam, has everyone has gone on vacation? I think we should have a check in page so we all will have one central thread to post on in the Clubhouse. What do you think? Also I am checking on getting us a siggy make for our club. I have one for the other two clubs i'm in, but one isn't working right now. till later. lindaj

missvee1014
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Assalamu alaikum sister lindaj,
that sounds like a good idea. :thumbsup:
Assalamu alaikum

one_luv
07-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I made a siggy a few months ago, we had all discussed the wording on it. I've attached it. I also have it as a photoshop file if you want to edit it.

one_luv
07-23-2006, 05:54 PM
My sisters
Excuse the sloppiness but I have to get some work done before dinner, but decided I needed to first check in with my soul sistahs.
If you have been wondering about my absence check my “Fallen into an abyss” thread in the Hear to Hear you forum http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214889

Things are better today then yesterday. So that is a good sign. I think I am starting a rebound.

Linda- Hi, I looked all through this thread and couldn’t find your intro, I must be blind but I’d really like to know more about you, can you please direct me to it? Glad you’re here; we’re a small, close-knit group with many different backgrounds and beliefs who all share the commonalty of loving a Muslim prisoner. Looking forward to hear your input. Regarding a check-in page, this is it. We decided to keep all the pages on one thread so that new members can read the info. Would be nice to have an entire forum, but I am happy we at least have a thread that is solely devoted to this topic, and with little intrusion by haters. I attached the group siggy earlier if you’d like to use it. I have bigger versions too.

Mcmecca- Girl. Where are ya? Got me worried. Last I heard you were not in a good position. May Allah guide you during this time. Give us some news, any news, we are here for you. It’s okay to lean on us sometimes, even though you carry the world on your shoulders. Check in!

Jahanara- Your words moved my soul. Thank you for sharing and I feel blessed to have your wisdom and input on this thread.

Uhmm- You are such a joy, your bubbly personality overflows with love and hope. Your habibi does not ignore you! It is the mail system and you know that. You silly, he loves you more than life itself. Mail shall come in truckloads soon. Regarding the tragedy in the Middle East, thank you for reminding us. Too often we close our eyes. This must stop, especially the US governemnt’s financing of Israel’s army.

CP- there is a forum on PTO called pen palls, check there, not sure if they list themselves as muslim. There are tons of pen pall sites that I’m sure include Muslims. You also might ask in the pen pal talk forum.

Missve- okay so your avatar say you have 49 days left- left for what? Something good happening? Please tell.

PBE on #1soilder- hello! Check in soon!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

I promise you will all see me on the rebound.

lindaj
07-23-2006, 06:17 PM
hi one luv, i don't even know if i ever put much about me. i have been talkng with umm abby. i am a new muslim , in the since that i just learned that i have been practicing islam all my life and didn't know it till i started learning about it.

it was then that i started practicing the Muslim ways and being taught by my son who is a confessed Muslim.

My hubby is in prison here in alabama. we are having a hard time with some unusual situations that i won't go into right now.

i also had a siggy made, but before i use it, i would like it's approval. It is a green quarter moon with a star on a yellow background that says Islam Connection.

i would attach it but, i'm also new at computors and i don't know how to add attachments.

i'm really glad that i have yet another way to fellowship with other believers.

one_luv
07-23-2006, 06:27 PM
linda, it was considerate to ask for approval, I think we trust each other to have a siggy that represent the group positively. I think a siggy is a great way to advertise our group to others who might be interested in joining.

you can add attachments by going to advanced reply, scroll down to manage attachements.

lindaj
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
ok see if this works.

one_luv
07-23-2006, 07:13 PM
awesome!!!!!!!!

lindaj
07-23-2006, 07:14 PM
now if i can ever figure out how to get them in my signature thing i'll be ok.

one_luv
07-23-2006, 07:21 PM
go to photoshop.com and upload your pics. You then copy the image tag into your siggy. folks in the siggy forum can help you if you get stuck.

shadonnice
07-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Hello all I am so glad I came across this thread I have been on PTO for a while now but very often join in on conversation.But when I saw the connected to Islam I didn't think about not saying hello.I am a 23 year old black queen (like my baby calls me)from Maryland my soon to husband is in prison here too. He is a sunni Muslim and has been one for 9 years.I am not Muslim but want to become one even be for I met him I used to tell my friends that when I did become something or when I convert it would be to Islam if anything.I just don't know were to begin.what do I have to do.I have never talked about converting to him we have talk about Islam and about him being Muslim but he has never ask me too concert or told me how I could start to. I really would enjoy talking to you sisters so like I say hello

lindaj
07-23-2006, 10:29 PM
asalam shadonnice, welcome to you. i am relatively new at this club too, and i am a recent confessed Muslim. it does'nt really matter what sect you are here are even if you're not Muslim, we are all equal and you are very welcomed here. I know I speak for everyone.

I, by the way, am with the shi'at here in alabama. My son is Muslim and he is instructing me. I have been islamic all my life and didn't know it until i started asking questions.

my husband is muslim and is in prison here in AL

so any, welcomed again. look forward to seeing you here.

Umm Aby
07-24-2006, 06:20 AM
Assalamu alaykum...

I hope everyone gets this in best of health and iman????? alhamdulilahi and mashallah.
Welcome shadonnice.......we will inshallah be ere for u and i hope and pray u finally make the decision to join this fastest growing deen/way of life...u really have nothing to lose!
Lindaj, i mashallah love the siggy! great idea....
One luv...about to read ur fallen story etc....I am glad everyone is doin well!.
Now...as u can all remember, i was almost dead cause my hubby didnt write me, foolish me! he actually did, it was my mail and post man that was messing me around, i am moving outta this apartment...for reasons and not receiving my post on time is part of it!.
My habibi is great! i walahi love him loads, i received about 5 letters all at once today! i am happy! shinning....mashallah the kid in this 21yrs old sis comes out big tyme...giggling and burying my face on my pillow! mashallah......Allah truly doesnt forget his people! i am glad and happy....

Ma salam....
I miss every one, pls...its a duty upon everyone to check up on there sistahs at least every 3days!..la la la la..i gat a big family now!...mashallah!.

one_luv
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
[Now...as u can all remember, i was almost dead cause my hubby didnt write me, foolish me! he actually did, it was my mail and post man that was messing me around, i am moving outta this apartment...for reasons and not receiving my post on time is part of it!.
My habibi is great! i walahi love him loads, i received about 5 letters all at once today! i am happy! shinning....mashallah the kid in this 21yrs old sis comes out big tyme...giggling and burying my face on my pillow! mashallah......Allah truly doesnt forget his people! i am glad and happy....

Ma salam....
I miss every one, pls...its a duty upon everyone to check up on there sistahs at least every 3days!..la la la la..i gat a big family now!...mashallah!.

Told ya so! I knew you were going to get a bunch of mail today!

shadonnice
07-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you for welcoming me and I look forward to talking to you all too

one_luv
07-24-2006, 04:16 PM
shadonnice- asalam
welcome to our l'il piece of queendom, sister. you will find there are several others here that share your same desires. You will be right at home and I hope that you find the answers you are looking for.

Uhmm- as Allah is my witness, I hereby take an oath to not go more than three days without checking in to CTC (so long as I have internet access).

Loves Prisoner
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I'M IN :thumbsup:

lindaj
07-24-2006, 07:26 PM
hi I" IN. glad to met you. i am lindaj. i'm sure you will come to feel right at home here. look forward to getting to know you. lindaj

one_luv
07-25-2006, 12:27 AM
welcome!!!!! I had to go put my CTI siggy up even though it is so small because I'm so happy this group is growing. I think I'll have to redesign it so it's longer.

missvee1014
07-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Baraaktuh sisters,

Welcome all new and old people to the group. This place is absolutely lovely. Allah is akbar. By joining this group I got a chance to meet many many lovely people like abby!! So stay and ask your questions, one of us will have an answer for you inshallah

ABBY! ABBY! ABBY!!! Mashallah! Mashallah! Allah is akbar! I'm so happy for you. I too told you you'll get mail. Now he'll be wondering about you not writing:eek::eek::eek:. But read along sister

One- the countown is until inshallah my husband and I can have family reunions to really get to know each other better and reconnect. Or inshallah it could be a count down to him transfering. I sure which its both or which ever one. I updated it today! Also I've read you insert in the other thread and glad you got the much needed break and things are turning up better. As abby said Allah doesn't forget his people!

Lindaj- I like the siggy. It's nice.

Shadonnice- Assalamu Alaikum, Glad you found us and inshallah you'll come back

Well this weekend was mashallah and great. I was very worried about my finances and things (right abby) but allah provided for me and he is akbar and so i got to see my hubby 2 days in row, i've also started my new job yesterday(:confused::confused::confused::confused: so far) and I got my first Jilbab and Hajib so i'm all deck out (stylish ) Islamic style!!!:thumbsup: ALhamdulilah. And so that's about it for me. inshallah i'll return:thumbsup:

Umm Aby
07-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Assalamu alaykum sistahs...

Mashallah tabarakallah sis veee!...i was thinking about ur job yesterday! so did u manage to wake early and make a good impression? good, i trust u, inshallah u will enjoy it! and alhamdulilahi u got to see ur habibi too! i am glad everything is working out well!
Now, about ur hijabs/jilbab, remember i am ere for you! we will make them/ you look sleek in them! i will inshallah send u pics of diff ways to wear them! i mean the hijag...jilbab cant be worked with or tampered!...
NB: yes u said it, i just cant help the way i feel and also, he sent me his moms phone number, i am scared to death to call her! i need ur support!. Oh, when is ur habibi coming home? whaooo....i know u cant wait......reconnect?lol, mashallah.....dnt worry..it will be a perfect reconnection!....shen shud we be expecting Khadijah?....lol, jokin!.

Lindaj, i hope all is well with you? how are u feeling? and welcome loves prisoner...i love my inmate/prisoner as well...lol, i dnt like to call him that tho..my habibi.....
One luv...did u design the siggy! mashallah its cute! i am adding it asap!.....
where is umm junayd? i mean Tab?/now Aisha?...inshallah might call heer tonite to see how she is doin!.
well, i will be back soon! have fun...
ma salam

missvee1014
07-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum sis,

Mashallah the visit was great and I'm glad I got to see him. Yes about the hijabs, I'm still new to trying to put them on. 2 sisters on the visit helped me put them on and alhamdulilah I just got my first jilbab and hajib and I hot the easy to use one that slips over my head (:ha ha: I took the easy way out). But I would like to know how to wear them and have them not feel soooo overwhelming. So definitely show me. Also Gurll call her. She'll love to hear that someone is MADLYin love with her son as you are. Inshallah my haibi is coming home in June 2008 or sooner inshallah. Allah is Akbar so anything can happen. But we've planned for 2008 or 2009 (his maxed out date) so yeah. Reconnect. yes we NEED to it's been a easy year this 2006 after a rough 2005 so there is a necessity to reconnecting with my haibibi inshallah mashallah. and Inshallah we'll be expecting Khadijah, K jr, and any and many more inshallah! But we'll see.
Also sister Aisha is busy writing and getting legal stuff to get her haibi home. So inshallah she'll make that happen.
Well sis I'm hungry and am going to eat soon. Also I have some questions for you about women and the workplace maybe you could give me some insight. I'll email that to you inshallah

To the rest of my queens assalamu alaikum and Fi Amanullah

one_luv
07-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Aby- yes, i designed it some time ago but I am going to redo it so you can see it better. I had to shrink it so it fit PTO graphic policies. I will let you know when I have a new one complete, but I can also send you the link to out in your siggy. What it needs is some arabic writing. Like just one word like peace, etc. Does anyone have a jpeg of a word in arabic they think we should add to it?

missve- contrats on the job and the hajib. I'm interested to hear about changes you notice. Are you going all places now in it?

I get to visit with my hubby in less than a month. I am taking my stepson, who hasn't seen his father in over 6 years- since he was locked up. I am very excited yet nervous, as we will fly out there together and stay 3 nights. He is 13.

assalamu alaikum sisters

missvee1014
07-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes I'm am NOTICING MAAAAAD changes., The stares, the not wanting to sit next me on the train or if i would offer and they say no but time I get up they grab the seat (this one old lady did that). now I got my jilbab on and boy is it strange to these people. The stares, the oh okays when i say i can't shake thier hands (men). it's crazy but subhanallah and all the jihad is well worth it. it will be allah (subhanahu wa ta 'ala ) that will get me through this.inshallah!

Umm Aby
07-25-2006, 03:38 PM
lollllllllllllllllllllll, subhanallah sis...why dont u scream Allahu Akbar and see the reaction??????????????????????? lool, joking, never do that! u will scare everyone away.
Well, u will soon get used to it and its u that will start looking at others weird, ie why are they so naked?...lol....yes yes, email me sis...i will see if i get the guts to call her!
i miss u loads sis,jazakallah..........

Umm Aby
07-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Can u see that sis?....mashallah....the siggy!

lindaj
07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
ashalum everyone.
Umm,:nono: "Allahum Akbar":nono: :haha: I'm just learning the language, but I know what that means and sometimes I feel like saying it. I have only one hijab, my son brought it back from Iraq. I would love to have more and also be taught different ways to wear them.

I am so glad you got letters from your habib. My heart has been in prayer for you. I know how you feel. You know what my situation is.

I pray Allah is blessing you all and I want to say how happy it makes me to be able to come here and hear my sisters stories.

I am blessed today. I had to go to the Dr. for an ultrasound because of a "lump" they found. It is only a cyst, but I have been so worried for a couple of weeks. I just don't need anymore to have to deal with right now.

I will check in later tt catch up with all, but for now, I want to check my messages and get caught up on todays tasks.

asalamalaykum

one_luv
07-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Aby (or anyone else who knows arabic)- can you please make a list of arabic words you use here and their meanings? I know many of us would like to learn them. Thank you!!

missvee1014
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't know arabic like abby but here's some meanings I got from sister Aisha (#1 Solider)

Firstly the salaams:

The full salaams are: Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakaatu *(wa maghfiratu can be added occassionally)

Meaning: May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allaah be upon you *(and as for the last added bit, it means: and His forgiveness)
The answer to this salaam would be the full answer: wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakaatu

Allaah said: [4:86] When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allâh is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things.

Note: Abbreviations like ws, ws wr wb, and salaam or w salam are not recommended and or accepted as a full salaam because we are to say the full salaams and or write them also with regard to sending blessings upon the Messengers (peace be upon them, salaah Allaahu alahim ajma'een) and -not- to use (pbuh and such..).

As for other islamic terminology -->

Allaahu Akbar -- Allaah is the greatest!

A mumineen (believer) praises Allaah in every aspect of life.

Alhamdulillaah -- All praises are due to Allaah (and this is said to thank Allaah for something or just if someone asks how are things doing.. it can also mean Thanks to Allaah or used in that way)

Subhaan Allaah -- Glory be to Allaah (this can be used as a supplication any time)

Ma shaa' Allaah -- as Allaah wills (and this is used when we hear/see something beautiful so that we seek refuge in Allaah from envy which is from the devil)

This is an _expression that is used whenever we are excited and surprised or to express our happiness.

In shaa' Allaah -- If Allaah wills (this is said with regard to timing and we are not to say we will do something in the future - one second from now up to any other time- unless we say if Allaah wills it)

As Allaah said in the Qur'aan:

10:23. And never say of anything, "I shall do such and such thing tomorrow."
10:24. Except (with the saying), "If Allâh will!" And remember your Lord when you forget and say: "It may be that my Lord guides me unto a nearer way of truth than this."

---------

Jazaak Allaahu khair (for a male) -- May Allaah reward you with good

Jazaaki Allaahu khair (for female) -- same meaning

Jazaakum Allaahu khair (for more than 3/male or female, ie. a group) -- same meaning

The answer to this would be: (means and you too)

1. wa iyyak
2. wa iyyaki
3. wa iyyakum

Baarak Allaahu feek (for male) -- May Allaah bless you

Baarak Allaahu feeki (for female) -- May Allaah bless you

Baarak Allaahu feekum (plural for more than 3/male or female ie. a group) -- May Allaah bless you all

1. wa feeka baarak Allaah
2. wa feeki baarak Allaah
3. wa feekum baarak Allaah

(Meaning and May Allaah bless you too)

--------

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon -- means: to Allaah we belong to Him we return

This is used when a mention of a death of a living being, animal or any serious calamity that might have taken away lives -- this supplication is a reminder that we will return to Him eventually as everything will die.

Astaghfur Allaah -- This is an _expression used when we want to ask Allah's forgiveness. Also used when seeing something bad as wanting to disassociate ourselves from it and seek refuge in Allaah alone

La hawla wa la quwata illa billaah -- there is no power and no strength except from Allaah

Used any time as a supplication or when trying to remind ourselves again in a time of difficulty or upon seeing something of great evil or mischief.

---------------------

This is a website with all the supplications according to the Qur'aan and Sunnah for all occassions in our lives..

http://www.islamic-knowledge.com/Hisn_al_Muslim/Hisn_Al_Muslim.htm

Important ones to note out:

Supplications for going into the bathroom and coming out:

http://www.islamic-knowledge.com/Hisn_al_Muslim/Bathroom.htm

Supplications before bed and upon awakening:

http://www.islamic-knowledge.com/Hisn_al_Muslim/Waking_Up.htm

==================

Sending peace and blessings upon our Prophet Muhammed, Messengers and Prophets (alahim assalaatu wassalaam):

When a muslim hears the mention of a Messenger's name of a Prophet we are to send peace and blessings upon them by saying -- "Alahi assalaatu wa assalaam" (upon him is the supplications and peace)

And in the case of our Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) we say: Salaah Allaahu alahi wa salaam

And when a companion of the Messenger (peace be upon him) is mentioned we say:
Radia Allaahu anhu -- meaning "May Allaah be pleased with him"

In case of a woman companion or wives of the Prophet (salaah Allaahu alahi wa salaam) we say:

Radia Allaahu anha -- may Allaah be pleased with her.

And in the case of a scholar, Imam or anyone after that when we heard of him we ask Allaah to have mercy upon this soul that passed so we say:

Rahimahu Allaah -- meaning, may Allaah have mercy upon him

OR:

Rahimahu Allaah wa ghafara lahu -- May Allaah have mercy upon him and forgive him

** This supplication can be said to any person who has passed "Rahimahu Allaah"
And for a woman it's said -- Rahimaha Allaah (slight grammatical difference in the first word)
And plural for a group we say -- Rahimahum Allaah

=========================

Other arabic words commonly used by muslims, it is not a must to use these words and has nothing to do with religion, rather it's just that it's better to know their meaning as they are used very widespread in the muslim world:

na'am -- yes

laa -- no

Shukran -- thank you

'afwan -- you're welcome / or could mean Sorry.

la ba's -- no problem

Jayyid -- well done, good, or very well

Tayyib -- ok, or good (in a light sense like saying - OK - )

Ukht -- sister

Ukhti -- my sister

Akh -- brother

Akhi -- my brother

Umm -- mother of (usually a girl/woman would take this on as a nickname as the Prophet (peace be upon him, salaah Allaahu alahi wa salaam) encouraged, or it is given when a women gets her first born so she is named Umm ---- something.. ie. Mother of Abdullaah)

Abu -- Father of (same case as above, either a nickname as the companions of the Prophet took upon themselves or once the man is a father he becomes Abu -- something.. ie. Abu Khadeejah)

Bint (daughter of .. ie. Bint Abdullaah - meaning daugher of Abdullaah)

Ibn (son of .. ie. Ibn Muhammed - meaning son of Muhammed)

Also here's a link that has a table too

Islamic Expressions

Words of Islam
Every Muslim should remember these essential expressions.
Say
When

Assalam-u-Alaikum meet a Muslim Peace be upon you
Walaikum Assalam a Muslim greets you And peace be upon you
Assalam-u-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh meet a Muslim Peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you
Walaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh a Muslim greets you And peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you
Bismillah before making a beginning In the name of Allah
JazakAllah for expression of thanks May Allah reward you
JazakAllahu Khair for expression of thanks May Allah reward you for the good
BarakAllahu Feekum responding to someone’s thanks May Allah bless you
Fi Amanullah by way of saying good-bye May Allah protect you
Subhaanallah for praising something Glory be to Allah
Insha Allah for expressing a desire to do something If Allah wishes
Astaghfirullah repenting for sins before Allah I beg Allah for forgiveness
Masha Allah for expressing appreciation of something good As Allah has willed
Alhamdulillah for showing gratitude to Allah after success or even after completing anything Praise be to Allah
Aameen the end of a Dua or prayer May it be so
Sal Allahu Aleihi Wasallam whenever say the name of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him (S.A.W.)
Alaihi salaam whenever say the name of a prophet Peace be upon him (A.S.)
Radi Allah Anhu whenever say name of male companion of the Prophet (Sahabi) May Allah be pleased with him (R.A.)
Radi Allah Anha whenever say name of female companion of the Prophet May Allah be pleased with her (R.A.)
Radi Allah Anhum Plural form of saying companions of the Prophet May Allah be pleased with them (R.A.)
Innaa Lillaahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon this is uttered as an expression of sympathy of the news of some loss or some one's death To Allah we belong and to Him is our return
La Hawla Wala Quwata Illah Billah during the time of troubles There is no strength nor power except Allah
Al Hamdu Lillah after sneezing Praise be to Allah
Yar Hamukallah someone else sneezes May Allah have mercy on you
Fi Sabi Lillah giving charity For the sake of Allah

Here's the link
http://******************/group/ALQURANIC/message/246
you might have to join to see it but yeah inshallah it'll be beneficial for you all

lindaj
07-25-2006, 07:39 PM
I vote yes on that last proposal. My son is teaching me some, but I would love to learn it from one who speaks it as it is suppose to be spoken. My son is self taught.

lindaj
07-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Thankyou for the info MissV. I wish I could print it off. I tried,but my computor don't like me. I did copy the page to my favorites though, so I can transcribe it.

shadonnice
07-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Assalsamu alaikum wa rahmata allaahi wa barakastu hello sisters thank miss vee1014 for the info you see it helped. I hope your new job is going good.I know the"stylish" hajib looks great. Lindaj I am so glad every thing turned out good for you at the doctors. OneLoV your going to need a gameboy,playstation, xbox or something 3days with a teenager lol everything will be alright.well sisters its geting late talk to you later.

jahanara
07-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Assalamu alaikum wrt wbt my sisters,
It’s v. nice to see this place bursting with life! J I hope all of you are well insya Allah.
Hijab - below are some links ...
It’s natural that people in certain communities may stare, perhaps because donning hijab / scarf may be unusual to them or they may have formed negative ideas about hijab owing to the media, Islamophobia, etc.
Insya Allah these pointers helped you as they worked for me:-

Context. Wear the clothes that the people around you are accustomed to seeing and wearing– but cover up more to fulfill Islamic guidelines. Meaning, you can still wear jeans, sweaters, dresses with cardigans, etc. only loose and longer, etc.
Neatness. Be neat in your dressing, especially in the way you wear your scarf. Tie it / fold it / tuck it / pin it neatly in its place so it doesn’t keep slipping and you don’t have to fumble with it in public.
Colours. Try to avoid dark colours or wearing all black. Go for pastels or sweet colours like pink (baby pink is my favourite;)) , blue or lavender, etc.
Smile loads! JI have been wearing hijab for 7 years now, and I have tried all kinds of style – black gowns (abayahs), jilbabs, Turkish coats, Indian outfits, Southeast Asian dress, etc. I even wore a face veil (niqab) for 1 evening just to see how it felt like.
I used to stick with just one style (black gowns), but I noticed the apprehension of strangers and relatives towards me. So I modified my style and opted for colours and I even began to design my own clothes. And I love anything embroidered and beaded (I love beading my clothes).
Believe it or not, it is easier to engage with non-Muslims when I dress this way than in black gowns. They are more eager to ask about Islam (and in a nice way) and it is actually easier for me to talk to them about Islam. And at end of the day, I still abide by the Islamic requirements of hijab.
If you are comfortable with black gowns/ jilbabs, you can wear coloured scarves and accessorize with matching bags and/or jewellery.

Now I rotate depending on the surroundings and company. But one thing remains, I stick to the Islamic rules of hijab. My advice is stick to the basics (Hijab requirements), but be adventurous with styles ;) .

Try to keep in mind that the hijab is a form of dawah (relaying the truth/message of Islam) to those around us. It is our badge of honour – our symbol of obedience to Allah. I believe that one must wear hijab in a way that will prompt others who don’t or who are non-Muslim to think of how beautiful the hijab is and how it adds to the wearer’s dignity and beauty, and not oppression or humiliation.

And here are the links:-

Why hijab? - A beautiful essay on one woman’s thoughts on hijab
http://thisheregarden.com/archives/95 (http://thisheregarden.com/archives/95)

Tips for beginning to wear hijab
http://www.muhajabah.com/hjbscared.htm (http://www.muhajabah.com/hjbscared.htm)

How to hijab (Very comprehensive, tips on choosing, buying, washing & wearing)
http://www.modernmuslima.com/hijabhow.htm (http://www.modernmuslima.com/hijabhow.htm)

Styles
http://www.almuhajabat.com/howtowearhijab.html (http://www.almuhajabat.com/howtowearhijab.html)
http://www.thehijabshop.com/ (http://www.thehijabshop.com/)
http://www.modernmuslima.com/hijabphotos.htm (http://www.modernmuslima.com/hijabphotos.htm)
http://www.thehijabshop.com/information/how_to_wear.php (http://www.thehijabshop.com/information/how_to_wear.php)

Making your own clothes
http://www.modestclothes.com/patterns.htm (http://www.modestclothes.com/patterns.htm)

Salaams,
J.

Umm Aby
07-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Mashallah!.................I am so happy to be here! seriously...everyone ere is so amazing and all got beautiful Ruh(souls)....May Allah Tala reward u's lot for ur intentions!...
Miss vee....what? subhanallah..this sistah dnt know jack! seriously....jazakallah kayran for writing up all them expression! they was needed and are the basics.....May Allah Ta'la reward u!.
Thanx jahanara.........and oh..jus to had, hijab aint about u puttin a scarf of ur head! its an all round modesty! modesty in the way u walk, talk, dress etcc.
Lindaj, alhamdulilahi all is well! i am so happy..its good news!...and salams to shadonnice.
ma salam

missvee1014
07-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Assalamu Alaikum sisters,

jazakallah kayran to you jahanara. Those links are sooo helpful. it took me a bit to read a few on how to put on the hijab. I'm so happy for those links. I will be reading more into them

Abby- You're right I don't know jack but I know you:D :p . I got it from sister Aisha. I'm doing okay here so far mashallah. Alhamdulilah one of my coworkers he is also muslim has given me some insight on websites also so mashallah i'll be able to Know JaCK!!!

Also one of the sites (the Hijab shop) does it deliver to US. I wanna buy some hijabs from there but don't know the conversion with the euros and dollars. Can you help jahanara and or Abby?

Inshallah you all have a great day and inshallah i'll be back

nice siggy Lindaj

jahanara
07-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Asalamu alaikum,
Yes, Hijab is not merely a scarf. It is also attitude and it applies to males too. There was a discussion on hijab sometime back on PTO, you could do a search.

As for the Hijab Shop, I'm not sure if it ships to the USA, but you should try asking them.
As for currency conversion rates, try http://www.xe.com/ucc/

I thought I'd share this with my sisters (you guys!)... Alhamdulilah, I found out that I got accepted for postgrad in Europe! I've always wanted this, and myHusband is pleased Alhamdulilah. I pray that everything is good with all of you insya Allah. Know that Allah is with you!
xoxo

missvee1014
07-26-2006, 11:12 AM
MASHALLAH! MASHALLAH!
Subhanallah!!! Subhanallah! congrats! When do you start? I know you're sooo excited

Assalamu Alaikum

Umm Aby
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Salam sis Vee..........
I was talking about myself! ie this sistah dnt know jack!........meeeeeeeeeee nottt youuu!.
subhanallah!
How was work today?
and sistah jahn...mashallah..thats god news, yes, when do u start and what part of europe are u coming and what course is it?
ma salam

msmecca
07-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Sisters-

Wow! I have so much to catch up on!.... Its been a few weeks. I will reply and share later. Just checking in

Peace & Blessings

missvee1014
07-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahamatullah,
Hey mrs Mecca, glad you made it here.

Abby- OH:eek::eek::eek::eek: I don't know anything either though so yeah!!! I just am resourceful to a degress sister aisha sent that to me so i figured many new shahadahs and shahadahs to be will inshallah benefit. Work today Alhamdulilah is good. Muuuuch better than the past 2 days mashallah. and I've met a muslim dude at my job and he's going to hook me up with his wife to help me out islamically and so mashallah it'll be good. He also speaks arabic so inshallah he could teach me. I've sent a letter to my husband and I'll wait to see what he says. And how are you madam?

assalamu alaikum:D

SexyChef1
07-26-2006, 10:32 PM
As salaam alaikum,

Proud hijabi here born and raised Muslim......I need a number :(

Wa salaam

Assatta-Shakur

lindaj
07-26-2006, 10:54 PM
asalam sisters;

so good to see all are doing well. i am so glad for the info. i am receiving on this sight, i know allah meant me to find you all.

as i said, i am new to "Islam", but i have always believed islam. and now my spirit is at it's most happiest since i have found other sister to share their knowledge with me.

thankyou for the compliment on my siggy, but it was much to big and i will have it made smaller. i don't want to blind people with it LOL.

i missed everyone this weekend. it was a long weekend.

i will check in later. asalamalaykum

missvee1014
07-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Assalamu Alaikum sisters

Welcome BMarley- I don't know who gives out #'s but you're in!!!

lindaj- MASHALLAH you found us and glad you're here and are benefiting from the information. And gurl BLIND EVERYONE. Let them know who allah is!:thumbsup:

lindaj
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,

I so want everyone to know Allah. I am kind of shy though and unless one initiates conversation with me, i tend to stay in the background. That is why I thought I would start wearing the Hijab, to provoke others to ask questions.

I live in the "Bible Belt" and I know I will be criticized a lot, but that does not worry me. I believe if people see Allah in you, they can't deny you have something special.

Hajibs are not easy to find here, and I have little money. The one I have, my son bought it for me in Quwait. It is black and very hot in this Summer sun.

Allah will provide me with my needs thought. As he already has with the informative pages listed above.

Allaahu Akbar. I am learning what I need to know.

Umm Aby
07-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Assalamu alaykum bmarley! u are welcome..............can u pls tell us a bit about ursef??????....well, we will be waiting to ere from you.
I hope all is well with u lindaj? alhamdulilahi! all will be well...............
now...its good to see everyone coming ere regularly! i love all my sistahs!.
now, about the heat! think about jahanama! hell! it will be 69* valcano!......and this heat! so this is nothing!
saudi women wear black and niqab etc...and they aint dead! so..never mind the hot weather..think about ur reward!...................i hope that didnt come across terribly! that was the lesson for last wks halaqa!.
ma salam

one_luv
07-27-2006, 02:34 PM
bmarley- welcome. we haven't given out numbers in a long time, too hard to keep track of. looking forward to hearing from you.

Umm Aby
07-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Salam to everyone

I am so happy everyone! i just called my husband to be's mother! my own mother inlaw..inshallah!, as some of u know, i was scared to death! as if she could see me, i wanted to make a good n lasting 1st impressions etc..
anyways, after much encouragment from my habibi...i finally did it,! i called her and she loves me loads! jus like her son! she cant wait to see me and she was so happy/glad to hear my voice!.....
we spoke for 22mins exactly! yes..this is real! not a fantasy or joke....me n my habibi are truly gonna be one soon! inshallah ta'la....
shukran to everyone.
ma salam

Sherry1
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I'll join. My man's been Muslim for over 10yrs. He wants me to learn about it more than just converting. I know he'd be happy if I did. I grew up going to Prodistant(sp?)and christian churches. I've always believed in God. As my sister's and I got older my father who's more religious did not go to church as much. He read alot and also had an interest in Buddhism. He's from Indonesia which is the largest or one of the Largest Muslim countries. My father never spoke of it. He moved from there when he was about 12 yrs old. So that's a little about my background. Bye bye

lindaj
07-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Allaahu Akbar!!!!!!

Shukran for the prayers. They worked!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN BARELY TYPE. THEY HAVE OK'D MY VISITATION, LETTERS AND PHONE CALLS.

I am going to try to go see my habib this Sunday. The final ok may not be in by then, but it will be worth the trip if I can see him just for a minute. It's been 4 monthes since i saw him.

Thankyou umm, for the comfort and encouragement you have given me the past couple of weeks. Your faith helped keep me strong.

Shakran.

Also for everyone who has spoke to me of encouragement.

Alhamdulillaah

Sherry1
07-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Congrats to lindaj.

I need my visits approved so please pray for my man and I also. thank you!

Umm Aby
07-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Lindaj????????????????????????

mashallah! this is great news! alhamdulilahi!...oh..i am so happy for u! now, i believe u was decreed for one another!.
whoaaaaa......u see, its good to believe! everything is okay now!...i am so happy for u sis! really!...

and yes, welcome sherry1! i am sure u are gonna enjoy everyones company! and u are gonna learn alot from all of the sistahs ere!.............this is becoming very interesting for me!.
ma sala

missvee1014
07-28-2006, 06:44 AM
MASHALLAH!!! good news everywhere!!!
Alhamdulilah!!!!

Welcome Sherry 1- Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah ( Peace and blessings be upon you from allah). Correct me if I'm wrong abby!

Lindaj- Akran(sp. Abby) to you. Glad you get to see your loved one inshallah!!!

Abby- Mashallah!!! i'm so happy for you again!!!

Assalamu Alaikum,
Fi Amanullah

Umm Aby
07-28-2006, 07:09 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh missveee! stop asking me to correct u! i am african, not arabic!...........lol...
truss me, i hardly understand them words! i only use them loads!..lol.............i hope wrk is goin well?....great! sis..i called tab yesterday! and she ayt, didnt speak with her for long tho!..mashallah she's got a beautiful voice! it tickles me! yes..i get goose bumps when i ere i voice!........i shud stop talking to her!.lol
never.
ma salam

missvee1014
07-28-2006, 07:11 AM
:D :D :D Okay fine don't correct me (tear tear). LOL just playing. Yes you should NOT stop talking to her!!!:thumbsup:

lindaj
07-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Salam,

Good day to you all sisters. It is such a beautiful day. Subhaan Allah!!!

Forgive me if I misuse some terms occasionally, I am just learnig and I speal as a baby.

Sherry1- Jaszaaki Allaahu Ku Khair- May Allaah reward you with good.

He is the provider for our needs and I pray for you to see your man.

Umm Abby- I was going to send you a PM at 3:00 this morning to thank you so much for being with me in spirit while I dealt with my situation.
Baarak Allaahu Feeki.

Missvee-I do not know you well yet, but I look forward to getting to know you. Salam.

Alhamdulillaah- all praise are due to ALLAAH!!!!!

missvee1014
07-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
Lindaj- Same here inshallah! Have a great day
Fi Amanullah(May allah protect you)

Umm Aby
07-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Missvee! what a a name! mashallah...i like it! ....before i go and continue writing to my habibi, i wanted to ask of anyone knows anything about MCI! my habibi i called me but it didnt go thru, said th number was too long! obviously its to europe! so what can i do..i wanna ere my habibi's voice!.
ma salam
love u all....seriously....and habibi salams to u's lot too!

missvee1014
07-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Go to mci.com and ask them about collect calling internationally
also there's a number to call if you go to corrections.mci.com
at the bottom. inshallah this will help. also make sure that the phone is a lan line not a cell phone or anything

Sherry1
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Thank you everyone for welcoming me! Salam.

Umm Aby
07-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Assalamu alaykum Everyone,

I hope you are all doin well? wel...i miss everyone! and for the 2nd tyme this mnth, i will be moving again! but, i shudnt be gone for too long! okay!...............................its the same area! jus a house instead of an apartment!.
Missvee....the nummber on the mci website doesnt work from ireland, it says u shud type ur number but it doesnt recgnise mine! so it keeps cutting teh phone, and the main mci site i have email but no response! i will talk to my habibi about PCO i think teh fone in the facility doesnt do collect calls internationally!.
anyways..take care ppl
ma salam

SexyChef1
07-30-2006, 07:09 PM
As salaam alaikum,

Here is my into....Im jamaica-rican(jamaican/puerto-rican).40 years old Muslim...I was raised muslim yet I did not fully embrace islam until about 1 year ago...My man and yes i say my man because its official as of yesterday....is also muslim we met about a mont ago via his Ad he placed looking for someone...well the someone was MEEEEEEEEEE!!..He is currently in LA State Prison release date 2012...maybe sooner (InshaAllah)...Yesterday my precious poodle ran out in the street and got killed...I wanted to talk to my man sooo bad...i dont think i have any tears yet...as soon as i calmed down i pulled out the pen to write my SOLDADO(soldier)..so yesterday was bitter/sweet...our relationship is official but my poodle is gone...My moms bought me another one today..jis not the same :(.

PBE
07-30-2006, 07:56 PM
For those of you looking to order Islamic clothing here in the US here is a link for you http://www.shukronline.com/ I saw a shirt on there I am going to order for my fiance for when we get married

missvee1014
07-31-2006, 06:56 AM

Thanks PBE!!:D
There's more too:
I use desertstore.com, islamicboutique.com and simplyislam.com (Hajibs)

Bmarley- thanks for the intro! Sorry about your dog. I know your MAAAAN will help out in support. Try to enjoy the new doggy as best as you can!;)

Abby- I'll try to find out for you some information inshallah. Also happy moving!:thumbsup:

HAve a great day and week!:thumbsup:

Umm Aby
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Ha B marley! dnt worry.............now u have one but i know it wnt be thesame, but its better than having non!............
pbe, i hope all is well! well for females, there is thecanadianmuslim.ca! i reckon shukr is too expensive! anyways, mens clothing are always dare!.
Miss vee....i hope ur work is goin well?alhamdulilahi!....................where is tab? and i hope one luv aint too bad too!.and everyone else

You's lot have to guess what my habibi did? well few wks ago, ia sked for his commissary list, jus to have an idea and yes, he sent it to me...then i wrote him and told him things i would eat if i was with him! and by the way they cater for halal also!..anyways, see....my hunny bought me what i said i was gonna eat! chocolate, cookies, etc......and sent them to mme! saying he needs to feed me!
How sweet his he! subhanallah....i dnt know why he is doin this to me!...

missvee1014
07-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Umm- i'm okay not bad. Its monday and the week has began. So yeah. And Haibibi is doing it because he loves you and yes you need to eat!!! Glad you got some snacks from him!!!

Sister Aisha- Is busy I know that one so yeah!

Assalamu Alaikum

Sherry1
07-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello everyone,
I hope you are doing well. I wanted to let you know I am approved for a special visit with my man. Once that's done the Warden will decide wheather or not to put me as permanent, as I was before. I can not spell so forgive me. Hamdudiallah!

missvee1014
07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Mashallah Sherry!! y ou go gurl!!! u see your man! and you were close it's Al Hamdulilah!!! you go gurl

Sherry1
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
THanks missvee1014, I see I can learn alot from you and the other sisters here! Take care!

SexyChef1
07-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Alhamdulilah Sherry1....Do you have a date set when youre going to see him?

lindaj
07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Assalum Alaikum

I got to see my husband this past weekend. He was shaven and I was surprised, but it was sooooo goood to see him.

I have spent the entire day today putting my house back in order from being absent one day!!!!!

My young son, will be back in school soon and I will be so glad. He can mess up more in one day than I can in a month.

Sherry, I told you Allah was the answer to all our prayers, just have faith.Allaahu Akbar-Allaah is the GREATEST!!! Alhamdulillaah - all praise are due to Allaah

Salam sisters

missvee1014
08-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Sisters,
I see our greetings are getting good. Allahu Akbar!!! Well Just checkin in. have a good day tomorrow is hump day and so yaaay

lindaj- Glad you got to see hubby

Sherry1
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Hello,
Bmarleyluva it may be this Sat. I'll have to call the counselor before then to be sure. It's a 2/5 hour drive so I don't want to be turned away. Thanks Lindaj and congrats on your visit. Have a good day everyone!

lindaj
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM

Just wanted to check on everyone.

missvee, I want so much to learn arabic and I'm really trying hard.

Sherry1, I will have you in my prayers this weekend. Alhamdulillah, he will guide you there safely.

I hope everyone else is having a great week.

Allahu Akbar!!!!!!

Salam

missvee1014
08-03-2006, 07:59 AM
It's Thursday!!! I hope alls week went well and that thier weekend will go better!!!
Assalamu Alaikum
Fi Amanullah

lindaj
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Asalam Sisters,

I hope the weekend goes better too. I get so lonely on weekends, I miss my hubby so.

If any or you are around, please check in. I love to connect to all everyday.

Sherry1
08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone,
Hi Lindaj. Well as my man's friend said the other day is that the Warden was going to allow a special visit and go from there. So I called to check on that special visit and the secretary said it's denied? So why even tell us to put in for a visit? I wonder if there is some miscommunication. So I left a message with the secretary and I hope to hear something tomorrow, Fri. If not I'll call anyway and ask the counselor. So I'm down cause I got my spirits up for a long awaited visit, now I'm confused. Hope things are better for all of you. We'll talk again soon. Salam!

randy123
08-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Hello
I am a muslima ( a female muslim). I've been muslim for four years. My husband introduce me to the religion. Islam is not just a religion but it is a way of life. Converting over was the best thing I could of ever done. Feel free to ask me any questions?:idea:

Wifey and Soulmate of Randy123
Loving him and wanting him badly!
Hugs,
Naeemah

Your#1Soldier
08-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum my sister in Islam (Randy123). Alhamdulilah for you reverting to Islam and you being a Muslim for 4 years now. I get so happy everytime I hear reversion stories. I have been Muslim now for only 5 months. Everyday I learn something new and I just feel like I have matured more as a person since I have been Muslim. I see things way differently then as before. I am so happy for you. I am not on here much but maybe I should start coming on more to PTO. Just been real busy helping out with my hubbys case. Salaams to all my sisters reading this especially to my girl Missvee I know you are always on here. LOL. Insha'Allah I will be back on here soon. Wa Alaikum Salaam Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatuh!

missvee1014
08-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Yes I'm always on here because someon (eh hmm :)) is busy now So I need other friends until she comes back to me:D:D(Hint hint). But yes Mashallah you're growing,. I too like reversion stories because it lets us know it's wasn't just us bugging out or it isn't just us struggling to balance or just maintain. Hey what happen? We were suppose to chill? well I know ur busy so inshallah I'lk hear from u

Welcome Randy123 (Naeemah). Mashallah4 years!! I too am a newbie!!! I would say since may so just a few months!!! inshallah it'll be a few years and so on!!!

Sherry1, LindaJ- Sorry the weekends didn't/aren't turning out the way you twanted them too. But Allah(SWT) has a plan for that and will fix it!!!

Have a good Friday TAIF (Thank Allah (SWT) it's Friday) :yay: :yay:

Sherry1
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks Lindaj, Everyone have a good weekend!

Sherry1
08-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks to you missvee1014 for you thoughtful words. Take care!

lindaj
08-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Assalm Ukhti, i am a newby to in the since that I have only been reading the Quran, Subhaan Allah, and learning the language,astaghfur Allah for my mistakes in words. However my heart and spirit has always been Muslim because I practiced islam all my life and did not know it.

I have had many concerns with some basic beliefs of the pentecostal upbringing I had and I could not find peace until I found Islam.

I grow more spiritual everyday now, and I look forward to connecting with other tawheed as I am. Alhamdulillaah. Allah led me to find you all.

missvee1014
08-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Uhkti's,
Mashallah We all found each other and Alhamdulilah for that too

sherry- No problem. Its what I do!! As I would want someone to comfort me too when feeling down;)

Lindaj- Mashallah that you've always been muslim and didn't know it. Mashallah on your improving on the tawheed and fiqh.

Inshallah You're all in the best of health and iman, Have a good day
Fi Amanullah to you all

Sherry1
08-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Just wanted to say hello. Lindaj and or missvee1014 what is tawheed and fiqh?

Salam

missvee1014
08-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Those words I say that are correct are from allah, anything incorrect is from my own accord

Tawheed- Is the piety towards allah, meaning the believe in the words La Ilaha Illallah
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/tawheed/abdulwahab/KT1-chap-04.html

Fiqh- I Believe is the study or The meaning of the word fiqh is understanding, comprehension, knowledge, and jurisprudence in Islam.
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary/term.FIQH.html

Sherry1
08-05-2006, 07:53 PM
THanks missvee1014..

missvee1014
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
No problem,
Inshallah it will benefit you and please remember those words which are correct are from allah and those which are in correct are of my own accord. Allah (SWT) please forgive me from any mistakes or misguidance

lindaj
08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Asalamalaykum uhkti's
I am so glad to see others on this weekend. Allaahu Akbar, I prayed I could have someone to talk to.

I am so tired right now. I have been trying to fill out paper work for getting into college and my printer won't print right, I am not familiar with a lot of what they are asking me to complete and I am physically tired from hours of sitting on the computor.

I ask forgiveness for complaining as I prayed for the opportunity to get into college so I can get re-educated, go back to work and get off disability. I am really getting nervous now too.

What if I fail? I will fail Allah as well, Alhamdulillah, because he provided the way for me.

Remember me Ukht's. Baarak Allaahu feeki

missvee1014
08-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
Sister Lindaj, You will not fail. Allah Provides for his people so just take ur time and call those help #'s on how to fill it out or maybe one of us here can try to help you. You'll be fine inshallah!!!!

lindaj
08-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Assalamu uhkti,

I am less overwhelmed today. I know Allah set me on this journey and has answered my prayer. Allaahu Akbar !!!!! So I know he will be with me in my efforts.

Shukran. your support means so much to me. Astaghfur Allaaah, my fear is my destruction if I don't trust Allah!!!!

Assalamu Alaikum. Jazaakim Allaahu klu khair.

missvee1014
08-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Akran- Sister! Not a problem and we all have our things that hinder us from complete happiness. Trust me I know. But inshallah allah (subhana Wa Ta'ala) will help us get through it! Glad you're not so overwhelmed. Assalamu Alaikum

Abby- How did your research go? moving? I know you got the house. Check back in! I missed ya!!!

Tabby- Wassup girlie. I know u working hard and I've decided to go to staples to print that stuff out for my hubby. it's just waaaay too many pages Thanks anyway.!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Assalamu Alaikum sisters
Fi Amanullah

lindaj
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Asalam Alaykum uhktis

Is anyone having problems getting into the forums? I get a blank screen.

I've been trying to get back to the part to this thread where a number of web sites was listed for different info concerning islam, (ie. language, dress, prayers.)

I don't know if it's my computer not working on PTO today or PTO not working with my computer today. LOL

Salam all, I'll try again tomorrow.

missvee1014
08-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Assalamu alaikum
Lindaj- it might be a combination of both PTO and your browser(i.e Internet Explorer vs Firefox). I personally like firefox, it's more stable but try it again today. Inshallah it'll be fixed.

Sherry1
08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Lindaj,
Good for you that you are going to college and taking care of you. We're here to hear you complaints and to hold your hand. There can not be failure in your determination to do better for yourself.

Hello to you missvee1014, hope you are having a good day!
Take care!

missvee1014
08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Assalamu alaikum,
Sherry, Alhamdulilah my day is going as well as it could go. I hope yours is good as well!

lindaj
08-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Asalam uhktis,

I found out I couldn't get into the forums because the PTO was having some technical difficulties.

I'm glad to be back in. I didn't realize how much it means to me to be able to talk to everyone everyday. It gives me encouragement.

Salam

missvee1014
08-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Glad you got to check in!!!

Sherry1
08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone,
I hope you all doing well. I am praying and hoping that our visitation gets straightened out soon. I have no contact with my man and am down, some days more than other. Today is not the greatest. Take care.

missvee1014
08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Inshallah this time will pass and allah (swt) will let you see your man. in the mean time try to enjoy your weekend :grouphug::thumbsup: :p

Sherry1
08-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Thank you missvee1014,
Have a safe and happy weekend, to everyone!

missvee1014
08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
You too Sherry!

one_luv
08-12-2006, 01:02 AM
do you ladies want to schedule a weekly chat in the chatroom?

one_luv
08-12-2006, 10:38 AM
sherry- i am praying for you and your man.

missvee1014
08-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't mind a chat time One_Luv. Whatcha had in mind?
Assalamu Alaikum sis

Sherry1
08-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks one_luv and missvee1410. I'll definitely try to make chat. I have different days off every week so let me know. Take care!

lindaj
08-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Let me know when the chat time is, I would love to chat with you all. I tried to get one going in another club I'm in but no one seemed interested. I guess they are all pretty busy this time of year with school starting and all.

Asalamalaykum sisters

jalove
08-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Can I join, What number am I? I have 27 pages to read. I'll be back with more questions soon.

lindaj
08-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi jalove, welcome to our club. I don't know what number you are but that really don't matter any way.

Asalam

lindaj
08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_18_106.gif guess everyone is busy these days. will check back tomorrow. A salam

[link removed from smiley per PTO Posting Regulations]

missvee1014
08-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Hey Ya'll
Been a bit busy but wanted to say hello all and Inshallah you are all in the best of health and iman. Assalamu Alaikum:D

lindaj
08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Assalamy Alaikum, Allah Akbar!!!!!

I have been so sad because I can see my husband only once a month. I have accepted that, but I prayed for a way to see him more.

Well, to no surprise, he has provided me with a ride. I have met two others who go to the same prison every weekend to see their husbands and we are going to share expenses. Isn't Allah Akbar?!!!!!!!!

waitingforfaris
08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
I would like to become a member also. My husband is sunni muslim and I would like to learn about it. Do most of you follow the Sunnah? Does anyone know the three aspects of tawheed?

missvee1014
08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Mashallah!!
Welcome Jalove (hey gurl!) and Waitingforfaris. glad you're here

I personally practice Sunnah. I hope you search through the old pages. LOTS OF INFO THERE!!!

Lindaj- ALLAH IS AKBAR!!!! GLad you get to see hubby more. Allah knows your love for your husband. Alhamdulilah!!

have agreat day ya'll!
Assalamu Alaikum

jalove
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Lindaj, God is Great....Just when something seems impossible it's made possible.
MissVee:wave:

I have a few more pages to read so that i can catch up. I am so grateful that this forum exist. It is helping me so much with understanding Islam and it's practices. I just started this book called Towards Understanding Islam and that too has helped me. Thank you to all that contribute here.:D

missvee1014
08-17-2006, 10:41 AM
I have that in my office now.
I also have islam in focus. If you go to
http://media4islam.com they have free stuff and some REALLY cheap dvd's on how to pray, women in islam. It's REALLY GOOD!!! inshallah it'll benefit u

jalove
08-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Thank you...I'm gonna look this up now. Do you speak arabic missvee?

missvee1014
08-17-2006, 01:00 PM
I wish I did. Inshallah allah will provide me with the knowledge too in this lifetime:p

Sherry1
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Hello everyone, I hope you're all haning in there. I could be doing better. Have not heard anything from my man about a special visit or just a letter or call. He is on restriction but not even through someone just delivering a message. When the friend called a couple weeks ago he told me they were holding his mail too. It feels like he just dropped off the end of the earth. I have written, but I'm not sure he's getting my letters. I just have to keep doing my thing to get by but I feel empty. Thanks for listening to my complaints. Salam..

lindaj
08-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Salam,

Sherry1, I went through a similar situation not long ago. Just hang in there. What I did during that time was read all the letters that I had recieved already and believed that he still meant what he said when he wrote them and that was what he was saying to me in his heart and in his spirit. That filled me up with what I needed at the time. When we were able to reconnect I found out that he still meant what he wrote before so I was receiving his love through faith.

That is how our relationship with Allah is. Through faith we love him and he loves us.

I will pray for you to recieve peace. Asalamalaykum Allah!!!!

Sherry1
08-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks Lindaj,
It's like another life. Though family knows, they don't know about the restriction etc. Friends not many know, so I appreciate you and everyone here for the knowledge and insite. Take care.

lindaj
08-19-2006, 10:20 PM
It's not "another life", it's our life and we are many. It takes time to adjust, but the same is true no matter where life takes us. That's all life is a series of events that we must learn to live with. You'll do just fine, have faith in yourself and in your love and most of all in God. He will never put on you more than you can bare. This journey will make you a stronger person. One who can know Allah is there for you. There is no doubt.

lindaj
08-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I would like to become a member also. My husband is sunni muslim and I would like to learn about it. Do most of you follow the Sunnah? Does anyone know the three aspects of tawheed?

I am new to Islam, but your question caught my eye. I understand tawheed to mean you believe there is only One God and that God is Allah.
If I am wrong, please someone, educate me more.

I know there are 5 pillars of Islam and there are 5 primary beliefs that Islamics have. However, since I think most of the sisters are sunni, I am shi'ah so maybe there are more differences than I am aware of.

This forum is for learning so I am ready for enlightenment sisters.:)

Sherry1
08-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks again Lindaj,
For me it is like I have a seperate life. I keep some aspects of prison apart from more people than the ones that know. My adjustment for this is fare gone. I have been with my man in the prison system for a very long time, unfortunately.

Salam

lindaj
08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone,

Just dropped in to say hi. Hope are are well. Salam

missvee1014
08-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
sorry I've been MIA. I was busy at work last week and saw my haibibi This weekend
Sherry- Ihope you hear something and remember Allah is Akar and does things for reasons. I also agree with Lindaj that it's a continous life that have different doors that are opened to different people. Cheer up Hun :grouphug:

lindaj- Thanks for keeping the chat going. Assalamu Alaikum and may allah bless and reward you for that.

Have a good day ladies. Fi Amanullah! Assalamu Alaikum

Sherry1
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Hello everyone,
I got a call from my man's friend that said I should be on a special visit for this Sat. Of course I'll double check to make sure that's correct. I won't count my chickens before they hatch. Thanks missvee1014...

missvee1014
08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
YAAAY. Allahu Akbar!! he always provides for his ppl!

Umm Aby
08-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Assalamu alaykum everyone,

I hope everyone is doin well|?alhamdulilahi, i am okay...finally got my internet back! and the new house is okay!...alhamdulilahi! so nice to be back, i cant wait to settle and come to chat with everyone again.
Lindaj, how are you? and oh, my beautiful married sistah vee...aws works and ur husband? oh, and everyone else....and my sweet sweet honey flowing voice sistah Tab! i can guess it, she hasnt bin ere in a while!
anyhow, i miss everyone so much and i hope to chat to you real soon!.
my Tma is due 5th of sept and its my last module in uni! i honestly need to study, but i will be poppin inn n out often.
ma salam

missvee1014
08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum ABBY!!!
MISS YA too. Work is BLAH. My husband is doing fine after this weekend! Alhamdulilah. Allah (SWT) provided me with the finances to see him for both days and we had a BALL. WE ate so much, talked, laughed. It was a MUCH needed weekend. Inshallah I'll go back soon again. How's yours? did he get the slip i mailed to him? Also Tabby is busy trying to find a job. Inshallah she'll be working soon. Also you NEED TO STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!!!:D

Umm Aby
08-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Mrs Vee! ha ha ha.........assalamu alaykum!
mashallah and alhamdulilahi u had a good time!.....ha ha ha, and oh, yes, he personally asked me to tell u jazakallah kayran! for the mail! he got it and appeciated it much!...then he proceeded to tell me i had frens!.....mashallah.
I am so very tired, i will write u soon, inshallah.

missvee1014
08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Okay sis. glad he got it and it was no problem! I hope you recieve your package soon!!

lindaj
08-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Asalam sisters,

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Umm- I'm so glad you're back. Did you get my e-mails? I really missed.
Glad you got settled in and good luck in school. I decided that I am really not ready to start school right now. My plate is so full I can barely take care of what I need to now. I don't want to go into debt for school and then end up flunking out because I can't keep up with my studies. That would be throwing my much needed money away. I got you on my IM so maybe we will be online at the same time and can chat.

Ms Vee- I am glad to keep the chat going. I missed you as well. I'm so happy you got to see your husband for an extended weekend. I know how happy you must have been and probably still are.

Sherry1- Hope you get that special visit this weekend. I'll be praying for you. Allah is Akbar and will take care of all our needs. Be faithful to Him and He will be faithful to you.

I will talk to all later. Asalam

missvee1014
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks lindaj,
yeah it was s great weekend. I hope all goes well with school and all even if you decide not to go back. you could also do it online. Just a idea.
Assalamu alaikum

Sherry1
08-23-2006, 11:46 AM
HEllo everyone,
Hope you're having a good day. Not positive on my visit yet. I will know tomorrow. Thanks Lindaj. Salam.

Umm Aby
08-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Salam, ha ha ha................the chat is goin well! alahmdulilahi, lindaj, u are very right! take ur time, also, i wanna go back to study business studies with microsoft! its jus a yr part-time, and also i have my criminology diploma! gosh, i jus wanna use my youth well ans study loads!.........................and yes, floppin aint a good thing, i always think about the money i am paying! so no money to waste, so i try my best! althoug this yr proved/is proving very difficult!.
anyways, sherry1 i hope all is well with you and oh vee....thanx! i truely have a big family on prisontalk and inshallah i will meet everyone soon.
now, pls everyone thats got some free time, i need ur help on this research for my habibi! we really need to try and get him out of there, he asked me to find the foloowing!...and i am tryin my best but no luck...
here iit is...

US v. SEWELL
159 F3D 275 (7TH CIR. 1998)
( TO sentence defendant for sale of crack cocaine rather that some other form of cocaine base, government bore burden of proving by prepondenice of evidence that substance was crack cocaine)
US V. JONES
111 F3D 597 (8TH CIR. 1997)

thanks alot, i will truely appreciate anything.
bless u!.
ma salam

missvee1014
08-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I could help you sis Inshallah. I could show you some places to look. PM or EMAIL for more info. I had to do the same for my haibibi

lindaj
08-23-2006, 09:18 PM
I was reading in another thread where women were speking about how their husbands/boyfriends has helped them grow.. I shared a little of my story and something that I wrote.. I thought I'd share it here... I call it

Revelation 10-14

In The Name of Allah

By the morning hours and by the night, when it is stillest,
The Lord has not forsaken thee nor does he hate thee…
Surah 93:1-3

I awakened this early morning when everything was still, and stood uncovered in my reflection, I gazed deep past my skin, my hair, my body, and I searched for my soul. In my essence I revealed a clandestine place; dark and tranquil, cold and lonely. I revealed a place that had been hidden from myself, from the world. This place held memories full of pain and guilt and confusion. There was the sting from my mother’s backhand, the scar from her extension cord; there was the confusion of my father’s absence and the pain from his rejection. There was the blame of all the men who hurt me and the shame of giving my body away, the regret of settling for relationships in fear of being alone. There held the love that I had locked away with fear of giving it to someone who would never return it. There held the confidence I needed to express my true thoughts, to write the many stories I had to tell. The reality of the blaming I had done to so many for not loving me when I in fact, never truly loved. The reality that I held others responsible for stealing my gentleness, and exploiting my youth when in fact I gave it away freely in hopes of having something returned to me; and that thing was love. There was the truth that I had been so selfish, wanting so much and giving so little. There was the truth that I had lived my life in total confusion and chaos and that I was exhausted. There was the truth that there was a time that I had blamed Allah for forsaking me. The truth; there were times that I was hopeless and wanted to drive off into the night and hide from myself and never return to the place that held so much pain.
And then there was the revelation that came upon me in the light of the morn just as the sun was about to rise. Out of the horizon came the truth that I was a star, a child of Allah, and decedent of a king and queen with the greatness and the power inside me to shine light unto my closet of darkness. Revelation that Allah had given me the power upon birth to exist in all of His goodness with the fruit of His spirit. With the knowledge and wisdom of the sun it was revealed to me, that I could be born unto understanding. Understanding that the truth existed within me, that the light would shine unto my darkness with the acceptance of myself; my imperfections and my strengths.
I awakened this early morning just as the sun was crossing the horizon, when things were still. I stood uncovered in my reflection, and gazed deep past my skin, my hair, my body, and in my essence I revealed that the Lord had not forsaken me, did not hate me and that He was in fact within me. This morning I awakened and said… Amen Amen Amen

I was reading the post from the beginning and I came to this one. It touched me so I thought it would be food for thought for some of us who haven't been here since the beginning. The threads that have been all but forgotten hold a lot of wisdom and spiritual food that has helped me have even more understanding. I am glad I read them. I hope someone else appreciates this posting as much as I do.

Umm Aby
08-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Assalamu alaykum everyone,
jus saying hello and checking aw everyone is doin this lovely afternoon!................
ma salam

missvee1014
08-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I Wish it were afternoon. Assalamu alaikum sis,
I'm okay not too bad!!

jalove
08-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Good morning,

Just thought i drop by and say hi..This week has been extremely trying and difficult. My hubby was attacked in the prison he is in and injured really badly and i'm doing my best to keep my faith and strength up to support him. Please pray for him and for us.

Hope everyone is doing well.

missvee1014
08-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Ja- I'm sorry that this has happened. May allah guide and strengthen you and him!

Umm Aby
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Salam...
Jalove, what a pity to hear about what happened!i wish him quick recovery! stay strong love...things will inshallahs urely get better!

Umm Aby
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Missvee, u wnt believe what i have just done???? i just paid $200 for a phone service! my habibi sent me this call thing( outside connection)...and because he said i shud use that, i immediately joined! and its thesame things as PCO, they give me a number...blah blah but i used it jus to be on the safer side! the charged me $100...for the connection and set up fee! do u believe that!...i feel sos tupid now! but i have dne it....no goin back! i will cut it off soon....me n my habibi dnt wanna indulge in haram conversations cause we aint married yet!.
ma salam

lindaj
08-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Jalove so sorry to hear about your hubby. I pray he is doing well. Ishallah he will be good as new soon.

Umm it was got to chat a bit with you today. my son is still trying to fix our potty.

missvee it sounds like your day started out rough. I hope the day got better for you.

Well, I was shocked to hear that I did really well on my entrance exam so I am in school and will start Sept 5. It's online but I feel confident that DeVry is as good as it's reputation. You all pray Allah gives me the spirit to complete this without freaking out to much. (like I already have.)

Talk to all later. as salam.

Sherry1
08-25-2006, 12:58 AM
HI,
I hope everyone is doing well. Jalove sorry about your husband I hope he gets well asap. Missvee1014 I hope you're doing better. For me, today I called to see if my specail visit was approved, unfortunately not. Of course I called to ask why and left a message with the Warden. I have not received my call back. Hopefully soon all this will be staightened out. Salam to everyone!

missvee1014
08-25-2006, 07:40 AM
My allah's mercy and decree I'm here!! Alhamdulilah.
I'm doing fine Today is FRIDAY And PAY DAY WHAAAAAAAT:eek::eek::eek: :yay: But I wish my husband would have called me this week. I told him last visit if he doesn't i'm going to cut the phone off. But inshallah I'll hear from him.

Abby-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT:eek::eek::eek:??? But that service is just like PCO but inshallah you all could talk for a call or 2 and then cut it off. I hope things work out better for you 2.

Sherry- Sorry for not visit. May allah provide you a good visit when you do gt one
Lindaj- Alhamdulilah! you got in and will be starting you'll be fine hun. What's your major? Maybe some of us could help you on the side inshallah!!!

Well have a great day ya'll!!:thumbsup:

jalove
08-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone

Thanks for all of your kind words and support. please keep us in your prayers

Lindaj- Congratulations...My uncle went to devry and he is very successful
Sherry- Praying that you get that visit soon. What is a special visit?
Abby- Oh my gosh that is expensive

Missvee- what can i say you are so animated. I was so sleep a minute ago now i'm wide awake.

missvee1014
08-25-2006, 10:01 AM
GOOD!!! Glad you're up!!! NOW STAY UP!! HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:p. Just playing. Try to enjoy your day hun!

Sherry1
08-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone,
Jalove, a special visit is for someone that's not on a their regular visitation list. They only get a couple I believe. Once we get past that they will hopefully reinstate me on the regular list, as I was before. I called today and the Warden is not in. So not helpful for me. Hopefully my man will ask to clerify this. Take care, salam.

jalove
08-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh i see. Why were you taken off the regular visit list? Was that done on purpose? Can he only have a certain number of people on the list?

lindaj
08-25-2006, 01:57 PM
missvee my major is accounting. that is my background i just want a degree to give me a little more acreditation when i am ready to re join the work force. it has be 15 years since i have been able to work. I will have an assoc. in acct. tech. if (when)inshalla i graduate.

Sherry1, inshalla this will work out for you to be the last "special visit".
I pray the next will be a regular meeting.

Jalove thankyou. where did your uncle attend? i am taking courses online, but the one in Illinoise is the proctor for me. I know they have a very strong reputation.

Everyone inshalla have a great day!!!!!!!!

missvee1014
08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh Okay. Well I hope all goes well with you lindaj, Inshallah! And you too have a great weekend Alhamdulilah:thumbsup:

jalove
08-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Lindaj - well my uncle went to the campus in New Jersey. I am in an online program right at AIU but will be tranferring to Kaplan University soon. Online programs are so convenient, i love it. Attain a degree is a great a accomplishment, good luck.

Umm Aby
08-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Assalamu alaykum sistahs,

I hope u are all doin great? by the way, how is one luv? i aint seen her in ere for days!....
oh lindaj, inshallah it will go well! u can do it!....i will always be ere if you need any help, by the way, what are u studying?
and did ur son get to fix the thing he was tryna do?
miss vee, say hello to ur Habibi!.....jalove, i hope all is well with you!...
anyways, salams to everyone...

Sherry1
08-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone I hope all is well. Jalove I was taken off because the last Warden told my man if he got into trouble he'd take me off. He did. I do not think it was the right way to handle it cause it was not me. I wrote to him that it's like my punishment. Now we are working on the new Warden. He says he's giving us that chance for special visit, but it has not come through yet. Insahallah all will work out soon. Hope you all have a good, safe weekend.

Umm Aby
08-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Before i go to bed, i wanted to tell everyone i was offered a parttime job, as a columnist for a multicultural newspaper!.
I wnt be censored, so i can write whatever i want! both from an islamic perspertive and a circular one!.
the thing is that before i take the job, i wanted u's lot to give me iddeas and opinions! i wanna at least have 50 things to talk about before i take the job! so pls, everyone i would appreciate ur input asap! you can write it in here! and tell me a little bit about what you would expect me to write on the topic! obviously i will have my own person perspective!.
Also, how do u think i shud start my column? shud i introduce myself and say a bit about what i will be doin with my column or intend on doin? and what do u think, picture of me or no picture?
great! hurry up sistahs!.
ma salam and nanite!

lindaj
08-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Congratulations, this is a great opportunity for you to educate the public on the possitive aspects of Islam instead of all the negativity that the public receives. Perhaps some history would help others realize that Islam didn't "just start" 1400 someodd years ago, that it was a way of life since Abraham. That it is a culture based on faith and family connections not politics and commerce. There are tons of subjects you can comment on. Crime and punishment; Economics; politics; world events.

Definitely introduce yourself and use your pic. Good Luck. I know you will be successful!!!!!

Sherry1
08-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Umm Aby,
Good for you. I do think you should introduce yourself and a photo would be a nice touch. It makes it more personal and I feel people will connect more knowing the writer. Take care. Salam!

Umm Aby
08-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Bless ya'll..............
i am so nervous, i actually dnt like writing!...lol
ma salam

lindaj
08-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh Okay. Well I hope all goes well with you lindaj, Inshallah! And you too have a great weekend Alhamdulilah:thumbsup:

Thankyou missvee I like a "old scool girl" scared to death!:)

lindaj
08-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Lindaj - well my uncle went to the campus in New Jersey. I am in an online program right at AIU but will be tranferring to Kaplan University soon. Online programs are so convenient, i love it. Attain a degree is a great a accomplishment, good luck.

I had to choose between AIU, St. Leo's and Devry. I wonder if I should have picked St. Leo. They seem to have a more flexible schedule, but I picked DeVry because of it's rep. and I think where I live it will look better on my resume'.

Online would be the only way I could go to school as I am trying to overcome disabilities that have prevented me from working for 15 years.
Inshallah I will graduate. If I fail it will be my fault, if I graduate it will be Allahs will.

lindaj
08-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Bless ya'll..............
i am so nervous, i actually dnt like writing!...lol
ma salam

Inshallah you'll do great. I'm very happy for you.

2_getha_4_eva
08-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Count me in! So, What # does that make me?I also like connected to Islam. I am engaged to a muslim. He does "encourage" me to convert on occasion, but I am very interested in learning all I can . I am planning on reading the Quaran, watching the ALI movie tonight and going to the library. So, as I do this I will keep you guys informed of what I am learning. Anyone wanna know more then feel free to PM me. Thanks!!! Proud to be a part of this community!!!

2_getha_4_eva
08-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I like the title Connected To Islam! That's my vote! I am engaged to a man that is a muslim. I have been on a mission that started the otherday of learning all I can about Islam. I feel the more I know the better off I am, not to mention the wiser I am. I am planning on reading the Quaran, I rented ALI tonight and I have been researching on the internet. If anyone is interested in knowing what I learn,PM me and I will keep you all updated. If anyone knows of any books or videos, please let me know. I am very dedicated to my man and understanding Islam. Thank-You and I am very excited about getting to know all of you!

Umm Aby
08-26-2006, 07:54 PM
May the peace of the Lord be unto you Olenzfiancee!

I hope you are doin great! finally u joined! great to have you on board! i hope you will contribute often to the thread!
make sure you enjoy the movie, i havent actually seen that movie before...saw malcom X tho....anyways, be careful of the website you go, some aint authentic....anyways, i am sure the girls ere will be more that willing to help you achieve ur goal!.
Bless u dear....I am also engaged to my Big Cute Hunny Bunny...my adorable bunny with flabs!..lol, joking...my beloved darlyn husband to be....my everything...my sunshine...he brightens my day! he is my ease! never ending light....and warmth!..
ma salam

2_getha_4_eva
08-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks for that Umm Aby, I loved the movie! Will Smith did a great job and tomorrow (well, later today) I will be renting malcolm X. I told you I am on a mission. I am also going to keep you guys informed on what I am learning and what I find to be helpful, for the newbies and anyone else who might not know much about Islam, but are eager to learn. I will keep you posted. Thanks Umm Aby for the encouragement! I think you and I are going to be real close! If you ever need anything.....you know where to find me.

Sherry1
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Hello,
Welcome Olenzfiance. I am also interested in learnig more about Islam. You'll find the sisters here are very helpful. Hope everyone is doing well. Salam!

missvee1014
08-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Welcome Olenzfiance,
Mashallah! Inshallah (God willing) You'll absorb all that you can. I know there's lots of wise women here to help you along your journey to the light and truth! May allah reward you for your effort

Abby- Mashallah CONGRATS gurlie!! I would intro, pic (Modest one of course). Talk about islam, beginning and what IT REALLY is about, family connections and the importance of those. the adverse affects of women in many countries that are apart of a tribal state not a islamic state of mind which leads to the oppression of such and how islam isn't about oppression of women, then maybe prison (NOT TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF BUT IN GENERAL). And maybe you might want start a trend like daily quote or hadith or surah. Well congrats again and I'll tell haibibi you send your salaams

Sherry! inshallah you'll be a special visitor soon
Lindaj- you'll be fine!!!

Umm Aby
08-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Assalamu alaykum muslimahs!

I hope you all get this in best of health and iman! jus saying a quick salams...miss ya'll especially our sis Tab! where is she and one luv?.....and thanx for ur support!taken on board already.......

missvee1014
08-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Walaikum Assalam,
How are you sister? Alhamdulilah you're fine. My salaams to you too

Umm Aby
08-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Can u see my new gift? isn't it cute deary?...oh didnt ask you, hows work?...anyways sis, i wanna start getting my eid gifts! i dnt want to rush when eid comes, so...erm, i wanna get this for my mother inlaw...inshallah, but i dnt know which one to choose, can u's help me with choosin?..i will be looking forward to seeing ur choice.
http://stores.ebay.ie/Gorgeou-s-from-Orient_Pashmina_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4193972QQft idZ2QQtZkm

missvee1014
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Sis, I can't see it at work. It's block inshallah I'll see it when i get home. also can you email me ALLL I need to know about Ramadan. I'm new to it as a New shahadah! I haven't foudn a mosque yet to I haven't been able to go in there and find out. Thanks and may allah reward you for your help.:thumbsup:

jalove
08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Salam,

Hope everyone is doing well. lindaj God willling you will do fine. I left AIU because it was way too expensive. The best think about the school was it's accelerated programs. I should have researched the school more befoe attending, anyway i should be starting Kaplan in the fall to complete my degree in paralegal studies

Abby- congrats on the new job...there are so many things to talk about. a picture and introduction is a great idea. One topic i am interested in is the Role of a mother in Islam. How does she raise her children to be good Muslims, how does she differ from a non-muslim?

Sherry - i really hope you get your special visit soon

jalove
08-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I found this website and lissten to it at work

http://members.tripod.com/~daraluloom/Islam

It recites each verse of the Qu'ran

one_luv
08-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I am here. I have happy happy news. I took my stepson for his first visit with his dad last weekend in 6 YEARS. It was truly magical and we are all very excited about the future. His son is such a blessing.

welcome to the new members

missvee1014
08-28-2006, 06:34 PM
That's sooo Nice one_Luv,
Inshallah things will continue to go well!!

Sherry1
08-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks jalove for your wishes. I hope it's asap too. One luv it's good to hear about your stepson, I'm sure it was beautiful to see. Take care everyone, Salam!

lindaj
08-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Salam sisters, so glad to hear everyone is doing so good. I missed those of you who have been away for a while and welcome to the newbies. I know you will learn a lot here. I have.

assalamalaykum till next time.

missvee1014
08-29-2006, 08:06 AM
assalamu Alaikum,
hey sisters!! how are you all doing. Ihope well!!!
Have a good day!!!:thumbsup:

jalove
08-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Salam,

Oneluv it's good to see you i have been reading and learning from your many post. Glad to hear about your step son...Inshallah there will be many more visits

I was reading my Qu'ran the whole way to work this morning. It is truly a beautiful book. I am so grateful, so grateful to God for his many blessing. Even when things seem bleak his answers are in his words. Reminding us of his mercy and love. God is great.

To everyone have a great day.......

2_getha_4_eva
08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I am soooo happy today! Olen is a family man, he gave up his Grandfather clause at a level 4 prison along with his Honor Status just to be close to us...his family. I found out today that he was transferred today. Well, I had this feeling all day and yest. to call and check if he was still @ Bowling Green, and I am SO glad I did! Well, needless to say we will be there Fri.!!!!!!!! Also, jazi my 4 yr old taught herself how to ride a bike w/out training wheels all by herself yest! So, so far this has been a great week!

lindaj
08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Salam sisters

My husband asked me to see if I could get him a Quran. The prison said it could only be sent to him through a religous organization and had to be sent to the chaplin for approval and it had to be a softcover.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Does anyone know where I can find an organization that would send one to him?

My son gave me mine. Inshalla, I want him to have a Quran. I know it will help him, as much as it has me.

assalamalakum sisters. I will check back tomorrow.

missvee1014
08-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Uhktis,
Olenz- Allahu Akbar! i'm happy for ya!! :yay:

Lindaj- you could go to simplyislam.com, islamicity.com and some other sites here in the thread. I hope you get one for him inshallah.

It's hump day and I'mhere Allah is Akbar! Have a good day ya'll!!

Umm Aby
08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Mashallah Oneluv, thats great news! May Allah continue to increase ur love for ur stepson and his dad!...and off course keep u strong on the path of the mutaqun!...
Olensz, i was about to ask about you, mashallah and alhamdulilahi....inshallah you will continue to have more great wks!...
Ms vee...aws work? and ur family?....alhamdulilahi i guess!.....
Jalove, mashallah and alhamdulilahi, Allah Ta'la opened ur eyes to see the truth and also to see HIS the beautiful words, may HE open ur eyes to ear and ur heart to take in and follow everything you read!, the Quran is truely a beautiful Book...a gift for the knowledgeable!.....try reading surah Qiyaomah, surah 75! i think....i love it...its reminds u of the day that ur father or mother and kids wnt know you anymore, the day that everyone will be standing for themselves! the day that some faces will be nadirah and some basirah! the day that all of ur deed will be shown and even ur body will testify against you!....that day is the day we will all beg for the mercy of Allah! the day of Qiyaomah! the day of judgement! the day that only the true believers will be successful and rewarded.
sherry1, salams dear, i hope you are doin great?
Lindaj dear, how are you doin?, by the way, ur husband shud be able to get a free Quran!, also...you can try online, the arabic dnt come in paperback! but the english + arabic do come...check online, islamic bookstores....
Msvee, i finally got a number for my habibi, i cant wait to post it to him tomorow, i hope he gets it before 11th of august, or, do u care to pls send him the number for me, pls...i wouldnt ask! thanx love..
ma salam!
and i have got something to ask everyone, do u all desire beautiful scarves or hijabs?..
ma salam

missvee1014
08-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Assalamu Alaikum
Abby- Family is oookay. My husband is GREAT (well as okay as he could be in there). WE talked last night. And sure I don't mind giving your hubby the #. I'll ask hubby tonight and mail out tomorrow (Thursday) Inshallah. Also I think it's sept 11th right? This is August 31st :haha: . Also I would like someHijabs, are they discounted? I ordered one online and would like to start making my own as soon as I get a sewing machine Inshallah. But yes i would like one! How do we get it? Assalamu alaikum Sis

Umm Aby
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Lindaj, yes.....a brother told me about the 'American message' they do give out islamic items! i can send u there phone number later and address!
also...avoid the following websites!
www.answering-islam.org

www.aboutislam.com
www.thequran.com
www.Allahassurance.com

Umm Aby
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
lollllllllllllllllllooolllll.....u are such a joker sistah!...mashallah u are such a devoted wife! wish i could be like that....lool, yes, sept!...i dnt believe the year is almost over!.....alhamdulilahi ur husband is in best of health and iman!....good....
I am getting ya'll the scarves!..........when i get them ready i will let u's lot know about it!........my speciality!..lol
ma salam...lol at the date mistake, what am i thinking about?....
sis jahanara, where are you at? i can see you!

missvee1014
08-30-2006, 10:48 AM
LOL. I think you want things to go Ahead and let 2007 GET HERE! I can't wait. But will inshallah! It's okay well let me know sister about the scarves, and I'm trying to be a good wife allah knows. That man is too difficult but so am I :haha: :haha:. I guess that's why allah put us together. well one of the many reasons

jahanara
08-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Assalmu alaikum sisters,
Insya Allah everyone is doing great. I haven't been here for some time, I apologise for that. I've been busy preparing for my postgrad. I got accepted and will be moving halfway around the world to begin the next major phase of my life in the UK.
Oh, Umm Aby and anyone who is at London / the UK, I was wondering if you could advise which phone lines are best and can be acessed from fed prison at US? Thanks a lot for your advice!!
Well, I hope everyone is doing great. I haven't been up to much, just spending my days at the office, meeting up with friends , writing myHusband and reading loads.
Oh yes, for Hijabs, I sometimes make my own. I get fabric that is cut it up according to the size I want. Sometimes I bead the plain coloured fabrics or decorate them with sequins. Insya Allah we could all come up with our designs, who knows? :)
till then, take care, girls!

Sherry1
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
GOod for you Olenzfiance. Wow the four year old seems like a fast learner. Take care everyone and have a good week. Salam.

missvee1014
08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
assalamu alaikum Jahanara,
Mashallah all is goind well with you and soon you and Abby may get together inshallah! i'm happy for ya!! And keep that going we need as many intellectual and high achieving women in this society especially Muslim ones.
On a side note: anyone going to watch the New amazing race thing on cbs. I've never watched but will at least once inshallah b/c there's going to be a muslim father and son competing and I wanna see how American Media portrays us. You know how that media could be (NOT YOU ABBY :haha: :D:p;). you're Good Media! ). Well have a great day!

lindaj
08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
assalamu alaikum Uhktis.

How is everyone. Inshallah all are doing well.

Umm Abby I wish I could see your scarves. You seem to have an artist flair, I know they are beautiful.

I have been looking at some scarves, which is my preference but I can't seem to find one that will match the tunic I am going to order.

I wish there was some place local to buy clothing. If I had a way, I would open up a shop. We have a faily large Muslim population here and I am surprised no one has opened up a shop yet.

Inshallah someday there will be one.

Well sisters, I'll check in with you tomorrow.

missvee1014
08-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Assalamu alaikum sisters,
been trying to get on all morning but oh well. Hey maybe you could go into business and open ur own shop there's a lot of ways for women to start thier own small business with lil or no money

lindaj
08-31-2006, 11:31 AM
I would love to do that, but I am on disability and have no collateral for a loan. Maybe once I get through school, I will have a way to do that. Inshallah.

missvee1014
08-31-2006, 12:19 PM
oh okay. Well I sure hope someone OPENS on up!!! it'll be good business especially if they have pretty designs

jalove
08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Abby thank you so much for those encouraging words. I will read surah 75 on my way home tonight. Also i would love to see your scarves.

It is so good to here all of the positive things we women are doing.

Lindaj- One day you will be able to open that store if that's what your heart desires.

Missvee- what time does amazing race come on?

sherry1, janahara- glad to hear that you are doing well

Olenzfiance- welcome, i know i'm late but what the heck

missvee1014
08-31-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure but wanted to check it out b/c of our Muslim Brethen on it!!!:thumbsup:

jalove
08-31-2006, 02:25 PM
yes i feel u

I'm gonna check out local listings and see.

lindaj
08-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Salam Sisters,

You all keep me posted on the show with the muslim brethren. I don't get to watch that show.

How is everyone doing. I know some have started back to school.

Umm have you accepted that job with the paper?

It would be lovely to have my own store. I could sell Umm Abbys scarves in America. Wouldn't that be great. Inshallah, one day I will.

For now, I think I'll just work on my studies.

I'll see all tomorrow,Inshallah.

As salam alaykum. Good Night.

Umm Aby
09-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Assalamu alaykum sistahs!.....

I hope u are all in best of health and iman?alhamdulilahi!..................
About the job, again i aint too sure! to be honest....i dnt enjoy writing much! i do...but not just something i want for a job! 2nd time i have turned down such offers...i havent turned them down, i am jus thinking about it!............
cause next yr, i will inshallah be doing my diploma in criminology and at the same time a certificate in Business with microsoft! with work experience and all, will i be able to cope?
and not forgetting,my habibi!...................
anyways sis vee...if u havent sent the letter, dnt worry! thanx anyways for the help!.....

Sherry1
09-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Hello,
Yes Umm Aby you'll be able to cope. You have a good, strong head on your shoulders. Everyone please have a good, safe weekend.
This will be the 3rd week to be turned down for a special visit? I do not know what is the reasoning but I have had trouble getting a hold of the warden. His counselor has no clue. My man will be able to call home before my next opportunity to visit so I'll get the details from him. At least I'll be able to hear his voice again. In sha Allaah visits will soon follow. Baarck Allaahu feeki