View Full Version : Need Information on Where to Call to Inquire about Jobs

homeis
05-22-2003, 09:42 AM
I am so glad I found this site. As all of you know it is very hard when one doesn't know where to turn.

My son has asked be to contact some agencies that work with X- offenders to get jobs. He will be going into a Halfway House soon and need to have a statement in his folder from at least one job prospective. He says all I have to do is call them and tell them he will take anything. He says they will send the necessary information directly to him.

The problem is I don't know where to call. I am in New York and need the names of some agencies that does this type of work. Please Help.

Thanks,
Viola

deb
05-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Viola,

Welcome to PTO! I'm unsure of what there is as far as agencies that may be able to help in New York. The Unemployment Office may be able to give you some ideas...Good luck!

Deb

homeis
05-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi Deb,

Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of The Unemployment Office.

Thanks again,

Viola

clubdubx
06-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Also check with employment agencies. They are a good source of what companies hire x-felons and there is no fee to your son, the companies pay the employment agency.

If you find and employment agency that wants a fee from your son, move on, they are not worth your time.

homeis
06-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Hello clubdubx,

Thanks for the advice. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Vi

E1950
08-10-2003, 09:56 AM
does anyone know of any agencies in georgia that help with jobs? my husband is in prison in alabama, and we are trying for an out of state parole to my home state. the parole board requires a job plan, but........ i don't where to start. thanks for any help.