View Full Version : Was there a new law passed recently in MI?

blkennedy2002
10-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I am from MN, and my fiance' just called this morning and said that there was a law just passed that when you receive you get granted parole you can get out within 30 days? Our situation is he will be seeing the parole board the week of October 24th, 2005 and his ERD is Feb. 13th 2006, He must serve his min. 22 months. He said that when he & if he gets his parole granted he will be able to come home earlier. Is this true???? Please if anyone know anything let me know..........Thanks..............:p

mrsdragoness
10-08-2005, 08:44 AM
As far as I know, the bill has not been passed.

There is lots of rumors flying around the prisons. One of the biggest is the 90 day cuts.

zhane
10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Only individuals in on parole violations that receive parole are released on what is called non-fixed dates. In those cases these individuals have already served their minimum so it is then parole boards decision to grant or deny parole and if so then they have to release them within in 30 days of the individual receiving decision.

KMJoyner
10-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Non-fixed dates are not only given to those in on parole violations. Any inmate could be given a non-fixed after they have served their minimum time, or if their date of their decison is within 30 days of their ERD.