View Full Version : Has anyone ever submitted pos/neg documents to a parole board?

OneOfMany
10-05-2005, 06:44 AM
My dude may be going before a parole board in October -- oh man, it IS October! :eek:

This will just be a preliminary hearing where he'll probably get a 6- or 12- month deferrment. (Don't ask me what any of that means -- I'm just repeating what he's written to me.) And probably moved to a medium custody unit.

He says he's put information about me on his parole plan since I'm the one he would be coming home to. He said down the line there are some things I will have to do.

He is a lifer; but he does have the possibility for a parole. He has served 23 years so he is eligible.

It's probably about a year before I will play an active part in this. It's my understanding that the victim's parents/siblings may be there to be a negative part. The more people he has there to support him -- the better.

I do not wish to be unsympathetic to the relatives of the victim. I'm a crime survivor also and KNOW at least a bit of what they're feeling. But I wouldn't want to be ... well... cheesing it up... know what I mean?

I would really appreciate input from anyone who has had experience with a parole board, be it pro- or con-.

babygirl350
10-07-2005, 01:01 PM
A 6-12 month deferrment means he is expecting them to give him that much time before releasing him. I would hope for the six months and expect the 12 months. Either way, it must mean they feel he is just about ready to be released. Some people get much longer deferrments. So if indeed he gets this, I would see it as a positive sign.

Good luck to the two of you. You can do this, one day at a time. Know that we are all here for you.