View Full Version : How long do they stay at Diagnostics in Arkansas?

davesgirl66
10-01-2005, 02:49 PM
:( Dave will leave on Monday morning at 5:00 for the Diagnostic Center. I have read on the ADC website that they usually stay a week. They let us have a contact visit today at Lonoke County. All of the people have been so nice to us there. I am very worried about how we will both be treated at the prison that he is assigned to......but.....I can take anything as long as I can see him every once in a while. I am planning on coming to the dinner to discuss telephone charges. I am very upset that we are having to pay so much more than those around us in order to talk with out loved ones!!!:angry: I am looking forward to meeting you guys! I have really learned a lot from this site!!!!

God bless you all and your families!

Cindy

curiousjill
10-02-2005, 10:49 AM
It can take at least up to a month before they are assigned a home base.

Jade01
10-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it really just varies - no definite time. I think it took about 2 1/2 weeks for my fiance to get transferred to his unit.

davesgirl66
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks, girls!! I really appreciate the info. In your opinion, what is the best unit to go to? Dave is thinking maybe Tucker or Cummins........what do you think?????

Jade01
10-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm not exactly sure what the "best" unit is - my fiance was at Cummins for a year and it was alright except for the fact that they have slim to none rehabilitative programs there. But visits were pretty good, and he did okay there.

lagrady
10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Some don't leave if they have physical or mental issues.

butchies_girl
10-20-2005, 02:20 PM
My husband was at diagnostics for about 2 weeks before he went to cummins and now hes in Wrightsville .

officeremily
11-04-2010, 12:21 PM
My boyfriend went to Diagnostics this morning, and I called up there to see when he would get his parent assignment, and they told me 4 days. So I'm going to call again next week, and keep up with his status on VineLINK.

depressedbyital
12-22-2010, 06:54 AM
my hubby was at dignostics for 7 days........he is now at grimes unit....