View Full Version : self surrender to Danbury

chamaquita
09-24-2005, 11:49 AM
I will be surrendering to Danbury Fed. Camp next month. Does anyone have any info on Danbury, any advice...I will be there for 3 months.

PTO-29412
09-24-2005, 04:01 PM
chamaquita,
I have moved your thread to the Federal Forums.
They are experts here and will be able to fully answer your questions.

remiella
09-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Chamaquita

It is a great thing you are surrendering to the camp and the FCI. Nothing to fear about going to camp. The women will be helpful there. I was next door at the FCI which is much different than the camp. The rules are simple and easy to follow. My advice is to keep cordial but maintain a distance from most until you decide the women you let closer (your common sense required for that decision). Exercise and keep busy. The library, the gym, the walking track and whatever else you find. The time will go by quickly if you keep occupied. Best wishes to you and your family. be well. Peace

walkingtourist
10-01-2005, 06:05 AM
I will be surrendering to Danbury Fed. Camp next month. Does anyone have any info on Danbury, any advice...I will be there for 3 months.

Hi chamaquita,
I was just released from the camp at Danbury three weeks ago. I was there for six months.
It is not so bad as long as you stay healthy. You can walk and jog on the track. There is a gym, too, although the equipment is rather ancient.
Health care is a nightmare. Try to get your health care needs taken care of before you turn yourself in.
The food is not so healthy but, still, it is possible to have a somewhat healthy diet. You get special meals on holidays.
The women are helpful. I made many good friends there.
Some of them have very long sentences and others are short-timers like us.
Make sure to send visitor forms to your friends as soon as possible. Visiting is on weekends and holidays only. In the big prison down the hill, people can have visits five days a week. At the camp, we considered that to be unfair.
The camp is very short staffed and paperwork is done very slowly.
You will get a "job" and you will be paid twelve cents an hour. Most folks like us with short sentences end up in food service or on grounds. The advantage of food service is that you get to eat first and you don't have to shovel snow. The advantage of grounds is that you get to be outside all day.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
alice

bellisq
10-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Welcome home!!! Meowmachine, Glad to see you are back with us. Why don't you post on the main Board so everyone can say hello. Glad to hear you did ok.