View Full Version : Salinas Valley State Prison

srlilmomma
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Ok, I just recieved a letter from my son's dad and he said they are transporting a bunch of inmates out of SVSP and he said his options are either bakersfield or High Desert. Does anyone know anything about this? He did not give me any details. Please give me any info you got...thanks so much!:confused:

wannasharpei
09-20-2005, 03:09 PM
What yard is your son on?

srlilmomma
09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Its my son dad and he is level 4. I think he is on yard C.

inalicesworld
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
i replied on another thread also, but you can call the prison and ask to talk to his counselor. he would probably be the one who could give you the most accurate answer.

inalicesworld
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey i just saw you and thought i'd say hi and see how you are holding up?
so far no change on the message tho my letters seem to say they are being told we are on for this weekend.
i'll see it when i believe it.

raiderlicious81
09-20-2005, 04:12 PM
The Info That I Have Recieved On Inmates Getting Shipped Out Is That , If They Have Level Three Or Level Two Points They Are Being Shipped Out , If They Were Housed On D Yard They Got Moved To C Yard , The Only Main Line Yard Is C Yard . A- Yard Is A Level 4 Sny(sensetive Needs Yard) B-yard Is Going To Be A Level Three Sny , D Yard Will Turn Into A Yard For Inmates Who Are Classified With A Chronic Or Serious Illness , Which Require Medication . And All This Was Giving A Deadline By The End Of This Month . So Most Likely C-yard Will Have Lots Of Inmates Tranferred Or Just The Usual Over Crowding .

inalicesworld
09-20-2005, 04:24 PM
beautiful. thank you for the info!
so basically, we can expect C Yard to never see daylight again because they are going to be over crowded and under staffed. . . imagine that *rolls eyes*

Sidsgirl
09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
My husband ws on B yard and they transferring inmates on B to different prisons, it was either High Desert, Kern Valley State or Lancaster, those inmate that points have dropped to a level 3 are being transferred to different prisons are well, my husband was moved on Monday to Kern Valley State Prison in Delano.

inalicesworld
09-21-2005, 11:39 AM
YAY! At least I hope that is a better place for him!
I updated already but mine was trying to get a transfer, but it has just a few too many points still so he wont qualify for this round :(
I hope KVSP is better for him and you and that you dont have as many issues as you have had at SVSP :thumbsup:
My husband ws on B yard and they transferring inmates on B to different prisons, it was either High Desert, Kern Valley State or Lancaster, those inmate that points have dropped to a level 3 are being transferred to different prisons are well, my husband was moved on Monday to Kern Valley State Prison in Delano.

srlilmomma
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I found out my son's dad went to Kern Valley also. Isn't that the brand new prison? I have the phone # in case you need it. It's 661-721-6300. the address is P.O. Box 6000 delano, ca 93216. The people I spoke to on the phone seemed really nice and they answered all my questions without getting rude or anything, so it seems better.

Sidsgirl
09-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Did they happen to say when they are going to be able to call or when they can have visits, or how long the processing is there.

srlilmomma
09-21-2005, 04:14 PM
They said they have to go through orientation 1st, which takes 10-14 days. He recommended that you call before driving up thee to visit. I live in sacrament, so that a 4-5 hr drive for me.

Sidsgirl
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I would'nt think it would take that long, because I live in San Francisco and it takes me 3 hours to get to Fresno and its about 45 mins. to an hour outside of Fresno, I would think it would be closer for you.

They said they have to go through orientation 1st, which takes 10-14 days. He recommended that you call before driving up thee to visit. I live in sacrament, so that a 4-5 hr drive for me.

Mammiesita
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Can someone please help me? Can I send pads of paper and stamps to my pp who's in SVSP? thru the mail? I live in Michigan, thanks for your help.

Becky here in Michigan

Nanoguy
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
It's about 250 miles from Sacramento. Probably best to take 99 all the way. If you want to take all the short cuts etc. from I-5, then you go to 198 East, then 43 South in Hanford. Be careful, because after Corcoran and SATF you might miss Cecil Ave. (It'll be a left turn) then the prison is about 3/4 mile down on the right hand side (KVSP) if you go too far, you'll see a prison on the left hand side of Cecil about a mile further down. That's NKSP.

inalicesworld
09-21-2005, 10:42 PM
hello.

yes you can send a total of 20 stamped envelopes and a pad of like legal paper. no wire bound notebooks. and the stamps have to be on the envelipes when you send them. and only 20. if you send more than 20 in an envelope they will take away the extras

Can someone please help me? Can I send pads of paper and stamps to my pp who's in SVSP? thru the mail? I live in Michigan, thanks for your help.

Becky here in Michigan