View Full Version : Solano? Phone? and Mail?

tera975
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
My honey just went to mainline at State Prison Solano. I heard from him once last week and nothing since then. Does anyone out there know how the phones work in there and how is the mail. PLEASE HELP. Thanks. :mad:

nenlo
09-23-2005, 05:00 AM
What yard is he in?

nenlo
09-27-2005, 05:13 AM
All Northern Hispanics are on lockdown. My man only calls on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

408calibabygirl
05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
my man is on level 3 i guess that would be yard 2? he hasnt called lately since they have been on lockdown. is level 3 northerners always on lockdown? i get letters from him at least once a week? when do u go visit ur man? i called the visit information line and it said they were on lockdown and this past weekend his family went to go visit him. ive heard they havent fixed the information on that number. i dont know whats going on. can someone please help me.....

LanellePadilla
06-23-2006, 01:42 AM
MY HUSBAND JUST GOT TO SOLANO ON THE 20TH AND HES ON YARD 3 IS THAT FOR ALL NORTHERNERS? CUZ THATS WHAT HE IS???????

MrsDavis
06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow your husband just got to Solano and he's on a yard? My husband got there in May and he's still in the gym. Do you know why that is? But he usually calls me everyday, but i haven't heard from him since Saturday. I'm wondering if he has been moved. In the gym he was on the phone all the time. I do know he is level 3. Please advise.
Thank you,
Nina

MrsDavis
06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah, but he is black/italian. Does that matter?
Nina

LanellePadilla
07-01-2006, 06:14 PM
hoestly i dont know my husband is in g dorm on yard 3 i talked to him last night hes doing good so i dont know

Twig's Lady
07-08-2006, 11:06 PM
MY HUSBAND JUST GOT TO SOLANO ON THE 20TH AND HES ON YARD 3 IS THAT FOR ALL NORTHERNERS? CUZ THATS WHAT HE IS???????

I hate to tell you this, but the Northerners on yard 1 (buildings 1-6) have been on lockdown since July 2004. No, that's not a typo. It's been 2 years now.

Yard 3 doesn't have lockdowns very often. You should be fine visiting.

Twig's Lady
07-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Oh yeah, but he is black/italian. Does that matter?
Nina

It depends on how he designated himself, as black or other.

Twig's Lady
07-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Wow your husband just got to Solano and he's on a yard? My husband got there in May and he's still in the gym. Do you know why that is? But he usually calls me everyday, but i haven't heard from him since Saturday. I'm wondering if he has been moved. In the gym he was on the phone all the time. I do know he is level 3. Please advise.
Thank you,
Nina

If he's in a gym on level 3, then he is on yard 2. Yard 2 is buildings 1-12 and H dorm (which is the gym).

MrsDavis
07-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Hi Ladies, my husband just called me tonight, but only for 8 minutes before they made him get off. He said yard 1 buildings 1-6 are still pretty much on lockdown. They let some blacks off of lockdown, and will let more off in a week or two. I still receive mail, got 3 letters last week and he is still recieving also. He said there was a small riot in there the other day. Hope everyones loved one is doing good.

loveisdeeper
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi.. My Man is being transfered to H Block.... and I was wounder is their many lockdowns on that yard? And what days and times are the visits? And dose H Block get to have contact visits? And how are the visiting co's ? How long dose it take your loved ones to recive their letters and how long dose it take you to recive theirs? Sorry I know lots of questions, trying to find out as much info as I can. Thanks.

Twig's Lady
08-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi.. My Man is being transfered to H Block.... and I was wounder is their many lockdowns on that yard? And what days and times are the visits? And dose H Block get to have contact visits? And how are the visiting co's ? How long dose it take your loved ones to recive their letters and how long dose it take you to recive theirs? Sorry I know lots of questions, trying to find out as much info as I can. Thanks.

H dorm is the gym on Yard 2. It depends on the race of your man if they are locked down alot. Yard 2 is level 3. There are more lockdowns on level 3 than on level 2. The northern mexicans on yard 1 have been locked down for over 2 years now. It seems like the races locked down the most often are the mexican races. You can always call the hotline 800-374-8474 (press 1, then 2, then 3 for Solano) to find out the lockdown status before you go visit. Just remember, that can change at any moment. It bit me today. They changed it at 1 am and I didn't check before I went so I made a trip for nothing. :(

Yes, he can have contact visits. The only time you get non-contact visits is when he's in the hole.

The visiting CO's are mostly jerks. There are a few who are decent, but they are very few. Ms Lee, in particular, is really nice and professional, but she works the desk in the entrance building, not in the visiting room. I haven't visited on the level 3 side in awhile so I can't tell you about the visiting CO's on that side anymore. The ones in there before left something to be desired.

Visiting is sat and sunday 8-3:15 right now. We're supposed to get Fridays back soon, but they're dragging their feet.

Letters are tough to say anything about. There have been times when it's taken as long as 4 weeks for my husband to receive his mail. That hasn't happened in awhile though. In fact, he's getting stuff really fast right now. He got one letter from me on Friday night that I mailed on Wed. Now that's fast! His letters out go much quicker. I will usually get something on Friday that he mails on Wednesday. Of course though there are lots of letters I've never got. He sent 2 anniversary cards recently that haven't arrived. They like to steal his art.

loveisdeeper
08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Thank you so much Twigs Lady your information was very helpfull.

MrsDavis
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
My Husband Is Level 3, But Yard 1, Building 6. I Get His Letters Pretty Fast...2 Or 3 Days And He Gets All My Mail Pretty Fast Too...i Write Him Almost Everyday...he Said He's A Star In There He Gets So Much Mail...as For The Co's On Visiting Days...they Seem Pretty Cool I Really Don't Pay Them Too Much Attention...im Focused On My Husband Most Of The Time...good Luck To You And God Bless...

loveisdeeper
08-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Thank You MrsDavis, My man's a star in his building as well.He gets letter everyday cause of me :o He's in San Quinton for right now but is to be soon transfered over here. So I am trying to find out as much info as I can. It's always better to know what to suspect then not know at all. Thanks once again for the infomation it is greatly appreciated.

LanellePadilla
09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
WELL MY BABY IS BACK ON YARD 3 I THINK HE SAID THERE GONNA MOVE HIM CUZ THE BUILDING HES IN IS FOR PEOPLE ON MEDICATION SO WELL SEE