View Full Version : FCI--Ashland

Tia1223
09-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to talk to other's that have loved one's in FCI-Ashland, KY. My man is there and I'd love to chat with you if you do!

Maybe we can help each other out! :thumbsup:

Keep Smiling!
Tia

Lee43
01-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey Tia.
I was looking for some information about the Ashland facility and found this site. Your message interested me because I will be taking my husband to the FCI to serve 10 months. I know that is nothing compared to the time you will be waiting for your loved one to come home. I would love to hear from you. Maybe we could help each other get through this. We have been married for 19 years and I am not looking forward to the day he goes. Send back soon and I wish you well.

Lee43

SlimsButterfly
09-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey Tia,
My man is at FCI Ashalnd. I am here if you need to talk or you can PM me.

lunaruth
10-21-2006, 07:47 PM
My hubby was just sent to Ashland to start his 5 year sentence. I would love to meet others please email me if you like. I am 28 and live in Bowling Green Ky.

margcars
11-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Hey, welcome to Ashland! I met Tia there a couple of months ago. I'm in Indianapolis and my husband's been there since Aug. He's in for 20 more months. It's been OK for him. How about yours? How often do you go there? What unit is he in? Mine's in Unit R.
Margie

elden
11-23-2006, 08:59 PM
hey margcars, my husband is in ashland too, he's been there 6 months now and has a sentence of 76 mos. i'm i greenwood IN

jellyfoster
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
My husband has just been sent to Ashland. Been there for over 6 weeks, still doesn't have his property and says they stuck him in a cow barn. He says it's by far the worst place he's been yet, even worse than the transfer center in Atlanta... Anyone else have any info on Ashland?? I'm worried sick about this place.

jellyfoster
03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Anyone have info? My husband says it's simply horrible!

rell123
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
will be flying in to Huntington west Virginia to go to Ashland. What are considered good hotels either near the airport in West Virigina or near the prison in Ashland.Should I rent a car at the airport? Any suggestians as to which car rentals have the best rate?

babygirl350
03-31-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't know of any hotels at the airport. As far as car rentals, I can tell you the one that I have gotten the best rate from and that is Enterprise.

As far as hotels/motels near the prison, I believe it was a Sheraton or Best Western we stayed at and it was not expensive. It was near the prison. In fact, the road the prison is on dead ends onto another road that goes directly to downtown Ashland and it was on that road on the East side of the street. There are lots of hotels/motels to choose from. I just do not remember the name as it has been a few years.

Good luck to you and enjoy your visit.

LonelyinGA
04-01-2007, 09:08 AM
My boyfriend is going to Ashland . I cannot find any info on it. Is it an okay place ?

rell123
04-01-2007, 08:51 PM
My bf just arrived at Ashland(KY). I remember reading something about care packages. Do I have to wait until he has been there awile before I can send omething? Can I send something periodically or is this a one shot deal? ow do I know what ia acceptable and is there a weight limit? Can Isend something and then can his mom send something later? Is there anything on -line that I can refer to? If not-how do I find out what is allowed? I would appreciate any feedback..

Lynnsy
04-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Your post is already a week old so maybe you've figured this out already. But if you mean the Ahsland House, their phone and fax numbers are on the Kentucky DOC page related to halway houses. I would contact them and ask if your bf hasn't given you info yet. I didn't look through the whole site to get the mail regs., but maybe they're on there.
http://www.corrections.ky.gov/instfac/halfwayhouse.htm

babygirl350
04-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Ashland is a Federal Prison. They do not go by the same rules as the state facilities. I will move this to the Federal Forum so you will find the answers you need.

Good luck to you.

MrsTKR
04-26-2007, 10:56 AM
You aren't able to send care packages in Federal Prisons (unless there's a special circumstance - medical reason - only approved through the warden). Google "BOP" to get the web address to the FEDERAL BUREAU OF PRISONS, to find the answers to your questions. :)

The site will tell you about visitations, phone calls, where & how to send money, write letters (addresses), etc.

I hope this information helps! Good Luck! :)

LonelyinGA
05-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Why is there not very much info on FCI Ashland? I would like to know more but can't find any.

babygirl350
05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Why is there not very much info on FCI Ashland? I would like to know more but can't find any.

Ashland is a Federal facility. You will find it in the Federal Forum. If you are not finding the information you need, then please start up a new thread and ask. It could be at the present time there are not many members who have loved ones there.

Good luck to you and yours.

lunaruth
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
My husband is in FCI Ashland...I will answer anything I can.:)

browneyedgirl77
06-10-2007, 02:42 PM
My husband was setanced to 15 months at FCI Ashland, He has been in for 3 months now, I live just north of Indianapolis, Indiana. It is a 4 1/2 hour trip made once a week. My husband has complained about the roaches in the dining hall, and there are ants marching all over the visiting room when i go see him, but he really doesn't complain that much about it. He says there are far worse places they could have sent him. He has said that the lack of air conditioning can get rough when it gets hot out. He also complains about the guards smoking in front of the inmates since they can't smoke, but he pretty much keeps to himself waiting on the day they let him walk out of that place, only 9 more months to go!!!!

loribee13a
08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
My guy is also in Ashland and hates it. Just had a meeting with his case manager last week who refused to even consider his transfer! Even though he's been there 18 months, no problems and his family is in florida, where he was supposed to be sent.

He is also in one of the "barns", and while he doesn't complain much, the bit he does I can tell it's not great.

BillyBob'sBabe
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
My hubby is at Ashland, too. What a pit-hole of filth. His CM also refused to consider transferring him. He has 13 months to go. He started out at Lexington 3 yrs ago, and then got transferred to Ashland last year.
He was telling me how bad it is there...bugs, sex, drugs, and indifferent COs.

Staylucky
10-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey all,

Just home from Ashland FPC....shoot any questions and I'll do my best to help!

Cash

katsme68
10-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Friend just got transferred to Ashland. Since it is a low security facility can I personally mail him paperback books and magazines instead of having the store (like barnes and noble) mail them?

bellisq
10-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Welcome back and welcome to PTO. It would be great if you could post a bit about the current state of the BOP facility and also visitation there. Info on your experience with the HWH would be great also.

canewood
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes. But the hardback book rule is still in effect. They must come from a book store.

toledotoys
02-03-2008, 07:39 AM
on my way to ashland spc 27mo.,march 5th 2008 ,any suggestions to get me prepared,first time white collar crime ,welcome home

Jet li
02-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I am also awaiting a sentencing date and could be headed to Ashland. could someone post some info. about that facility? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!

Lovefrog
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello,
My cousin just went to Ashland. It's only been a week. But I saw this site and wanted to join in I am in Charlotte Nc. I must admit I cried when I read the post about how crapy it is there. I would love any input to make this easier.:(

Thanks,
lovefrog

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to talk to other's that have loved one's in FCI-Ashland, KY. My man is there and I'd love to chat with you if you do!

Keep Smiling!
Tia

jimmysgirl28
03-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Hello,
My boyfriend has been there for about a full year now. He is serving a mandatory 15 years, breaks down to about ten years left. I miss him and yet to go and see him, (financially) resources are not very good and I live in Michigan, I can't wait until June because that is when I hope to make our first visit where he can touch, smell, and hold his daughter for the first time, she is now 18 months. He says it's ok, but we are hoping to get a transfer to Michigan after he gets a full year in. So if you want to chat, hit me up anytime. ;)

bg1059
03-15-2008, 01:37 PM
hello everyone,
i was wondering if anyone knows the visiting hours
because i was planing to drive up and visit my boyfriend on monday
but i have no clue when the visiting hours are,
if anyone knows will you please get back to me ASAP!

my email adress is: gng94@yahoo.com

Babmf12
03-17-2008, 11:52 PM
My boyfriend will be going to Ashland for 36 months in about a week. :( I would love to get in touch with others that are in the same situation. Does anyone know how Ashland is?

~Kate

Babmf12@aim.com

BearHunter
03-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Howdy everyone. I was released to a half-way house from Ashland in November, 07, and can say that it IS a shithole, but there are much worse places to be. There is little violence there, and lots of semi-quality recreation. The commissary was okay for what it was, and the chow was often good enough to be served in a resturant on the street.

Any direct questions, PM me or something. My unit was K-B.

Babmf12
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
It's my boyfriends first day in Ashland today, and we haven't quite figured out the whole phone schedule yet. Does anyone know if he will be able to call my cell phone? or does it have to be a home phone? Any information would be extremely helpful! thanks!

-Kate

cottagegal
03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
He should be able to call your cell phone, he just needs to get it approved.

cottagegal
03-27-2008, 08:00 PM
The phone number, I mean.

Babmf12
03-27-2008, 09:54 PM
ok good! that makes me feel a bit better. thanks for the response!

-Kate

SACKER
04-12-2008, 08:50 PM
My husband just self surrendered in Ashland, i am kind of worried. How long will they take to contact you? Someone told him he could call me during orientation and i have not heard of anything since. I pray that he is ok. I am concerned about all the things written in the post. God Bless I look forward to your replies!

cottagegal
04-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Well be patient, just in case it is a while. It could even be a couple of weeks before you'll hear from him.

nanywildflower
04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Can anyone please say anything nice about that place?

SACKER
05-28-2008, 11:20 PM
i have spoken to my husband and he said its not so bad so far. it's what you make of it. Is anyone in the atlanta, GA area. I want to try a carpool to visit gas is so expensive.

lunaruth
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM
My husband has been at FCI Ashland for 2 years, he is in H unit. I go twice a month and plan to move there as soon as I can afford to. I would love to carpool or just chat with others. Pm me guys!!

Moxygirl
06-03-2008, 09:14 AM
My man was transferred there 18 months ago and he said they have more freedom and he doesn't mind it at all. Of course he is in the camp so I don't know if that makes a difference?

SACKER
06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
If you are in the atlanta area and/or near buy and want to car pool please call me at
sherell5@msn.com

Fast one
09-17-2008, 04:36 PM
A good friend of mine recently went to Ashland and I was wondering how would I find out about the Visitor priviledges. I read on their site that you have to be on their list?? how do I know if I am?? I seriously doubt I am because I am sure he has the list full. any help??? thanks

pink05
09-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Ask your friend on the visiting privileges and ask if he has a spot open for you to visit. If he does, he should send you a visitor request form for you to fill out and send it to his counselor.

Fast one
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
How do i go about asking him. Is there a phone that i can call into at the prison? I knwo that it is a minimum security type atmosphere however I have never been involved with this type of issue. ANy help would be appreciated. Also I looked his name up on the Inmate search box and it said he was in transit ??? Does that mean he is leaving to come home?? or do they get to leave at certain time periods?? thank you in advance

kandrt30
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Kate and my fiance is going to Ashland in november. I would love to talk to anyone as well. I have been looking for information but have not any any luck yet. Thanks for your Help in advance

_Bumbleebee_
11-10-2008, 05:49 AM
My boyfriend is going to Ashland . I cannot find any info on it. Is it an okay place ? To answer your question, I think its a good place from what I know. My dad is a Food Service Supervisor and sees probably 1/2 the inmates. He says most of them are real nice. Funny, too. Maybe my dad sees your boyfriend? If you have any questions I can ask my dad about it... The # to FCI Ashland is 606-928-6414. ;)

Nina B
11-20-2008, 04:50 PM
My Fiance is going to Ashland, KY FCI so I'd like to get some information about what the visits are like and other things my man wants to know. I'd also like to find out if anyone from Baltimore,MD wants to share a ride to Ashland,KY FCI for a visit.

chandler42
11-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi Lonely my name is april my man is in Ashland FPC right next door to the FCI i have not seen any info. about ashland i would like to know more as well....

countdownbegins
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
My best friend has been in Ashland for about 2 weeks now. He said things are going OK and that the people are pretty nice, food is pretty good, etc. He has a lot less time to call than he did in Lexington. Only has 300 minutes per month. The visitation is Thursday through Sunday from 8 am to 3:15 pm. They get 10 points per month. Each weekday visit is 1 point and weekends/holidays are 3 points. I will be driving from Lexington to Ashland twice a month if anyone is interested in carpooling to save gas. If anyone hears any other news about this place, please let me know. I hate not being able to talk to him every day to know what's going on with him.

mailove
01-07-2009, 08:41 AM
One of my penpals is in Ashland. He has been there since 2002. He said the faucility is shabby the food is so-so and they have cheeseburgers on weds. obviously the highlight of his week. They get to do a lot of activities and work a job for $10 bucks a month. He has regular access to the phone and it costs him about $3 dollars a phone call they get 15 mins and then have to wait atleast 30mins to have to the phone again.

I am in Co. so the mail runs a bit slow. Mail goes out on Thursdays for them. They get mail through the week. I never had a problem getting a letter to him. For xmas they gave them xmas goodie bags with candy and xmas stuff in it.

He is an artist and has regular access to colors-arts stuff. I guess overall it isn't too bad, the building could be cleaned up of course but it is prison and you know they don't give a crap about prisoners.

Hope that helps.
Mai.

ethanjoseph
04-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I need information re: Fci ashland....nearest airport? Good or bad facility? Anyone have a loved one there? My baby just got re designated to there and he's not happy about it. He was in atlanta at camp. Only has 1 point!!!!!

dysenchanted
04-12-2009, 10:33 AM
my guy is there...where will you be traveling from? I'm going to see Jay tomorrow...

dysenchanted
04-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I need information re: Fci ashland....nearest airport? Good or bad facility? Anyone have a loved one there? My baby just got re designated to there and he's not happy about it. He was in atlanta at camp. Only has 1 point!!!!!

Since this is my first (and better be the LAST) time dealing with prison systems, from what I've seen at Ashland it's not too bad. Jay's been in trouble before--but never with the Feds, so this is new to him too--but he's not too terribly upset at the facility.

Ashland is pretty laid back. The guys are all pretty peaceful--lots of doctors and lawyers and other white collar crime guys. None of them want to get into any trouble, so I ahven't heard of any fights or anything like that from Jay.

The visiting room is clean, and generally pretty empty during the week. I don't go on the weekends but looking at the log book when I get there on Monday's looks like there's a HUGE crowd on the weekend. I go on either Mon, Thurs or Friday each week and get to spend the whole day with him. I don't know what other prison rules are for visits, but at Ashland you can get there at 8:00am and stay till 3:15pm unless they are overcrowded--which I have never experienced. No tan/brown/khaki clothes. No white t-shirts. No shorts, etc... Oh...no grey (not even charcoal with some guards!). I go in a pair of jeans or slacks--blue or black, with either black, red, or blue for the shirt. NO UNDERWIRES!! I totally spaced it and wore on once (only once!!). There is a WalMart near that really loves the dress code and I swear should have a 'FCI Ashland approved visitor appearal' section LOL.

You can bring $20 in ones, fives and coins for the vending machines--most of us just use a plain ol' ziplock baggie to carry it in.

As for the guys, well....I tease Jay that he's at Club Ashland. Between the yard, the library, the gym, the 'call out before you come into the shower because there might be someone in there afraid of being seen naked' mentality of the guys, the American Indiana sweat lodge (!! yeah, seriously!!) he's doing pretty well. Oh yeah, there's the 9 pool tables, tennis courts, ping pong......all he's missing is the cocktails with umbrellas!

I make light of it all because I have to to keep sane...but, it could be WAY WAY worse. I think you're baby will be fine.

The bonus is that you could see him more with the 10 visit points per month in the FCI than at the Camp (at least in Ashland). The camp in Ashland only allows visits on Sat-Sun--at 3 points each. The FCI allows any day except Tues and Wed. The weekday visits are 1 point, weekends are 3 (and holidays are 3). To, in theory, you could hang out with him for 60 hours a month if you just go on weekdays only :cool:

Fee free to contact me on PM and I'll give you my phone number and we can chat.

How long does you guy have left on his sentence? (FWIW, it seems that a lot of the guys at Ashland are there on the tail end of a long term that began in a Medium facility...seems they like to use Ashland as a step down for short timers who can play nice).

CJ

Nina B
04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
The guys are laid back but that's because there are alot of pedophiles at Ashland that don't want anyone to know. Believe me it is in no way "Club Ashland"! My guy would prefer to go back to the Med he came from than stay at Ashland. It's old, has no A/C and the guards are petty. One guy got hauled off to the Hole just for talking during count. They share a cell with 9 other guys and have to worry about their property being stolen. They share a Communal bathroom and there are faggots having sex in the shower, that's why they call out before they go in. Does that sound like "Clud Fed" to you?

ethanjoseph
04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
The guys are laid back but that's because there are alot of pedophiles at Ashland that don't want anyone to know. Believe me it is in no way "Club Ashland"! My guy would prefer to go back to the Med he came from than stay at Ashland. It's old, has no A/C and the guards are petty. One guy got hauled off to the Hole just for talking during count. They share a cell with 9 other guys and have to worry about their property being stolen. They share a Communal bathroom and there are faggots having sex in the shower, that's why they call out before they go in. Does that sound like "Clud Fed" to you?

hi, i'm kathy
jerry is aware of the pedophiles as he was in ashland before and hated it!!! i never went there but i haven't heard alot of good about it. he was in a camp at atlanta and filed a complaint about a counselor so she sent him to the shu and then dcu and now the latest is ashland this week or next. i've written, called, done anything i can think of to straighten this mess out but nothing has worked. even one of the guards told me "who did he piss off". where do you stay when you go there? how often do you go? thanks

Nina B
04-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Only been there twice. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the last time and it is very nice but expensive. The Knights Inn is a total dump so I would not recommend that place. I can only go every 3 or 4 months.

messpark35
04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
My BIL just arrived at the FCI in Ashland, any info on the place would be great as well as the visitation process there. We live 3 hours away, so, we would like to go as often as we can.

ethanjoseph
04-29-2009, 09:17 PM
my bil just arrived at the fci in ashland, any info on the place would be great as well as the visitation process there. We live 3 hours away, so, we would like to go as often as we can.

hi, i'm kathy,
i looked on the web site for the prison and it says visitation is w,th,fri,sat,sun,mon from 8-3. All the usual rules for dress etc. I think my guy got there today also. He was from atlanta camp, where is bil from? Hope this helps, kathy:d

ajap
04-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Even a camp will send you to SHU for talking during count. That is one of THE biggest no-nos.

ajap
04-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Here is thread about just how seriously count is taken. Unless you have been in prison it may be hard to understand, but an inmate should do nothing to rock the boat during count.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413302

lpeagle
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
The nearest airport is in west Virgina but it is only 10 miles from the prison and the prison has a deal with one of the cab companies you can find out which one by going to the BOP website and looking up Ashland than on the right of the page click on the link for visiting and the last page gives you the name of the company.

WaitingForBen
07-13-2009, 12:18 AM
My boyfriend just went into FCI Ashland on Tuesday. Any "starter" info for a newbie like me would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know how long it takes before they can send letter, make phone calls, receive visitors, etc?

rosedealer
07-13-2009, 06:43 AM
i will forward this to the federal forum so your questions can better answered

Bryanb
07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
My name is Bryan iam 28, i was locked up at Ashland, for 36 months, it was hard, but its worst in alot of other places. The food is terrible, the CO's are jerk offs, but its prison u know, but most guy will always say its horrible just so people will do things for them. I meet alot of good people in there. I have been home now three years. I have a good job and do better than ever. It taught me lesson. SO if anyone would like to chat and know more about ashland u can ask me

Bryanb
07-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi there My name is Bryan i was locked up in ashland for 36 months i can answer question,

angelbabi
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Hello, i'm in baltimore and my husband just went 2 fci ashland about 3 weeks ago can anyone tell me anything about it

ethanjoseph
08-13-2009, 10:07 PM
hey tia,
my man is at fci ashalnd. I am here if you need to talk or you can pm me.
hello!!!! I'm kathy from the detroit area and i go to ashland once a month. I'd love to talk with you about possibly ride sharing and hotels. :d

Nina B
08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Ashland is old and run down but I believe it is pretty safe for the guys. No stabbings or violence that I know of. My guy hated it at first but is getting adjusted and has found ways to stay busy. Tell him to sign up for classes to try to stay busy. They have different types of excercise classes, computer classes and there may be others.

amisha920
09-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi, my name is Amisha, and my father is locked up in Ashland;he got 3 more years....his name is lester<3

maverick18
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
My name is Bryan iam 28, i was locked up at Ashland, for 36 months, it was hard, but its worst in alot of other places. The food is terrible, the CO's are jerk offs, but its prison u know, but most guy will always say its horrible just so people will do things for them. I meet alot of good people in there. I have been home now three years. I have a good job and do better than ever. It taught me lesson. SO if anyone would like to chat and know more about ashland u can ask me

Hi Bryan:

Thanks for the effort to ease our minds about tis location. My father will be going there oin October and would like to know more about this location. He is very old and i am getting worried how things workaround there. He is a very low maintainance guy but this is abviously extremely new to him and unexepcted...just trying to gather as much info that can ease his transit from normal life to prison life and back. ....Just had a few questions...

-How is the housing....is it dormatory style....aprox how many bed in one room? Do you share a room? Are the room is really bad condition as mentioned in some blogs?
-Are the inmates dangerous?
-Do you think its best to really keep to yourself rather than interact and fall into trouble?
-How is the food?
-are you free to walk around in the institute?
-When you go in there...do they you show you around and explain the facility and all the activities offered?
-What are the classes offered? Can you take any classes you wish?
-Is it mendatory to work?
-Does he have to know anything before he goes there to avoid any delays or confusion while his stay there....

Thanks for helping again!

MikesBabydoll09
09-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Any of that information above would be amazing :) I'm looking into it for my fiance as well

AshlandJohnny
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Are the inmates dangerous?
Generally, no. Although there was a stabbing when I was there from 1998-2000.

Do you think its best to really keep to yourself rather than interact and fall into trouble?
Most folks kept to themselves unless they needed someone else's help.

How is the food?
I quite liked it... but that was a while ago.

are you free to walk around in the institute?
That depends on your privileges. You can go most places, although the autobody shop, for example, is only open to those who are training there.

What are the classes offered? Can you take any classes you wish?
Under federal law, if you can't prove you have a high school diploma, you are mandated to take 240 hours of instruction to get your GED. If you have proof, you can take upgrading courses... even university-level courses when I was there. That was a while ago however, so not sure if that's still true.

Is it mendatory to work?
Yes - everyone does something. They had an okay library in the education wing and some of the older men worked as librarians.

AJ

Down4mete
02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi, my husband just got designated to Ashland, FCI...not sure when he will be actually transferred. Does anyone have any info about the facility? Since it is a low security facility, what are the visitation rules?Also, I live in Alabama and would be willing to carpool from here on Georgia.

Thanks,

Down4Mete

mom4gary
03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Keep Smiling!
Tia

Hello my husband will be going in on March 16,2010. We have 4 kids together and I'm very scared. What do I need to expect? I try my best to hold my head up but things are hard...Please give me some advice on how things work..

Paige

missinaj101
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
ANYone from south carolina with a loved one in ashland.. i am going to see my love in about a month &* wanted to see if anyone else would be traveling from my town or near by ll GReenville, SC my name is taylor ;; hit me up!!!!!

BrittBrian
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Hello my name is brittany and i am 21 yrs old. i just dropped my husband off at fci ashland yesterday and i am very sad and curious to know more about it plz plz let me know thank you.

BrittBrian
05-21-2010, 03:24 PM

i was wondering if it is a safe place, if it is less restricted than other places if you can answer this plz do thank you

fctlc1
08-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Hello,
My cousin just went to Ashland. It's only been a week. But I saw this site and wanted to join in I am in Charlotte Nc. I must admit I cried when I read the post about how crapy it is there. I would love any input to make this easier.:(

Thanks,
lovefrog

Apparently my husband is there now in "Special Units"? But they will not tell me why, when he was sent there, or how long he will be there. He has been in the camp across the street for 28 months now, then I stopped getting calls and letters last Thursday. I can't get any info except that he is over there. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Silver Dragon
08-29-2010, 06:12 PM
My guy is in Ashland, Ky. I don't know a lot about the place, he has been there since late May, 2010. I know there is no air con. in the units, but there is air in the library. The summer has been very hot and humid. The inmates can "buy" a personal fan to help them keep cool. I'm wondering how cold its going to be come winter. Time will tell. My man has not had any problems as of yet. He had one encounter when he moved an area fan and another inmate wasn't happy about it, nothing happened except a push from the other guy. I have been to visit him once, if any one has questions on that I can try to answer any questions on that. Not much help, I'm sorry. But I will try to answer anything else you may think of, if I know the answer.

Jen2572
10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
My boyfriend is going to Ashland . I cannot find any info on it. Is it an okay place ?
My husband is going to Ashland in a couple of weeks. I haven't been able to find alot out about the place either. I'm in ohio.

Jen2572
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
i was wondering if it is a safe place, if it is less restricted than other places if you can answer this plz do thank you

My husband is about to be sent to Ashland. I can't find much out about the place. Can you tell me some of the rules for the inmates and what he should keep his eyes open for. I mean.. it is prison.

stuckinperg
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
from what I understand they have a decent sized unicor shop. From what I heard from someone who did some time there it wasnt too bad, I dont remember that many specifics. I think they had dorm style housing, and smaller "rooms" as well.

bcandygurl
10-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Do anyone know if inmates can receive XXL magazines?? Our anniversary is coming up, and I know he asked for a magazine sometime ago.

mgr277
01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I have a friend that just got there. what should he expect
matt

My guy is in Ashland, Ky. I don't know a lot about the place, he has been there since late May, 2010. I know there is no air con. in the units, but there is air in the library. The summer has been very hot and humid. The inmates can "buy" a personal fan to help them keep cool. I'm wondering how cold its going to be come winter. Time will tell. My man has not had any problems as of yet. He had one encounter when he moved an area fan and another inmate wasn't happy about it, nothing happened except a push from the other guy. I have been to visit him once, if any one has questions on that I can try to answer any questions on that. Not much help, I'm sorry. But I will try to answer anything else you may think of, if I know the answer.

Freddyfarms
01-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi there My name is Bryan i was locked up in ashland for 36 months i can answer question,

Do you know anything about the minimum security camp at Ashland? Food, sports?, activities, level of freedom, etc?
Thanks

Bunny222
02-05-2011, 11:44 PM
My husband is at Ashland. It isn't too bad for a prison. I wish the visiting area was a little nicer for the kids but even that isn't bad.
We will be much happier when he is home.

neednanswers
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Has anyone heard about FCI Ashland getting email/internet recently?

Saddadchicago
02-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I ss to Ashland fpc for a 60 month bid on the 23rd of this month, anybody have any info on the camp? Recreation/sports? Visiting for kids? I am trying to learn anything and everything, any info would be greatly appreciated.

theresar
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi saddad and welcome to the PTO forum...my husband will be sentenced to FPC in March, and I have been looking for information as well regarding the camp. I have been looking around to see what I can find, and here is what I have come across....At one time, Forbes magazine called FPC Ashland the best prison camp. They rated the 10 best. Just google FORBES MAGAZINE BEST PRISON CAMP....would love to share information with you...maybe we can help each other out

JenaG
03-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Does the prison have e-mail?

fedboyv083
04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Keep Smiling!
Tia
hi i was in ashland fci for about 7 years.from 1992 to 1999.i run a website for federal inmates to help them in all areas,case work/prep release/inside needs/ect, i would love to talk to you, i keep in contact with the staff there and soon plan to go back to speak to inmates about things to help them.please send me an email to (removed per policy; please contact member via pm system) and we can take it from there,thanks

Kristen K
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
My fiance is currently being transferred there from Butner NC---can I get any new info on the facility?? I am really upset about this transfer especially since it was too be closer to home and now it is even further. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Aysha
06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
My man is in Ashland and has been there for 6 or 7 yrs. I am just learning alot about it myself. Since Corrlinks was started we have gotten alot closer and are able to communicate everyday now.
If I can help in any way let me know. If I can answer any questions or just be supoportive. I will do my best. I am new to the forum and am so glad I stumbled across it.

Ashes
07-30-2011, 01:50 AM
finally i see this i have been searching this site for a while now and finally found what i have been looking for... :D My man has been there for about 3 months and i have no clue how anything works :confused: i have only gotten one letter from him :hmm: so any info would be greatly appreciated.

esquivel
10-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Hello,
My boyfriend has been there for about a full year now. He is serving a mandatory 15 years, breaks down to about ten years left. I miss him and yet to go and see him, (financially) resources are not very good and I live in Michigan, I can't wait until June because that is when I hope to make our first visit where he can touch, smell, and hold his daughter for the first time, she is now 18 months. He says it's ok, but we are hoping to get a transfer to Michigan after he gets a full year in. So if you want to chat, hit me up anytime. ;)

hey is your man still at ashland?? hmu Personal contact information removed per PTO policy. Please send PM to member.

esquivel
10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
ok so i am toatally new to all this (site) and i see most of these posts are years passed?! does anyone have any additional info on ashland fci!? Contact information removed per PTO policy.

esquivel
10-10-2011, 09:08 AM
My man is in Ashland and has been there for 6 or 7 yrs. I am just learning alot about it myself. Since Corrlinks was started we have gotten alot closer and are able to communicate everyday now.
If I can help in any way let me know. If I can answer any questions or just be supoportive. I will do my best. I am new to the forum and am so glad I stumbled across it.

omg finally someone who's post isn't 3 years old...so my man just got sent there and i have no idea what to think?! im in texas and its soo far! can you tell me a bit more of the place?

jamrmke
10-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Other than Ashland being in the middle of nowhere, it sounds like a not-so-bad place to be as prisons go. It is a low security facility so the guard to inmate ratio is fairly low. My guy has been there 2.5 years with just under 2 more to go. The visitation room is small with not a lot to do but sit next to or across from each other and talk. If you are going for your first visit, read the rules on the BOP's website for dress code. I have seen my share of visitors get sent away to change because they didn't know or follow the rules.

The housing is setup in dorm style. If in a squad room, you are sharing with 9 other guys. Otherwise it is 2 to a room. Guards will do random locker and room searches looking for things that an inmate shouldn't have but over all it sounds like there isn't too many issues there as long as one follows the rules.

esquivel
01-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello,

hey there is your bf still at ashland?? i am new to this forum..so sorry, i don't know if theres a way to send private msgs or what sine this looks like a public post??!

prodri73
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Anyone have more recent info...my hubby ss in feb. And I'm trying to find any info...thanks

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

titiqueen4eva
01-22-2012, 04:29 AM
hey there is your bf still at ashland?? i am new to this forum..so sorry, i don't know if theres a way to send private msgs or what sine this looks like a public post??!

just click on the box next to the persons username (like their picture,avatar,etc) and their profile will display and u can add them, private message and so on... hope that helped

titiqueen4eva
01-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Anyone have more recent info...my hubby ss in feb. And I'm trying to find any info...thanks

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

Feb? im confused thought it was Jan he ss... from previous posts... is he going to Ashland? you can also get general info on bop site about that particular facility...

prodri73
01-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Feb? im confused thought it was Jan he ss... from previous posts... is he going to Ashland? you can also get general info on bop site about that particular facility...

Yeah it was Jan but the feds requested another 30 days to figure out his designation and yes he is going to Ashland not the FMC like originally thought..

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

babydee1
01-22-2012, 09:56 PM

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

Mine just got to Ashland right before the new year. What did you need to know?

prodri73
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Mine just got to Ashland right before the new year. What did you need to know?

Just basically what its like? Does he complain about it a lot? How does visitation and calls work?

T Ross
02-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Headed to Fci Ashland on the 19th. Just wanted some info on wat Airport to fly into and if there's anybody visiting their loved ones outta Baltimore maybe my girl could contact you

babydee1
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Just basically what its like? Does he complain about it a lot? How does visitation and calls work?

Have not been to visit yet- I mailed my form back over two months ago with no answer. (I have a very minor misdemenor record)

Phone calls are ok, I highly suggest getting a 606 area code phone number (90 cents/15 mins).

He does not complain too much, hates the food, but it is very low key. Alot of older inmates doing long bids and sex offenders..Not ideal but could be worse..

Mail seems to be processed pretty quick.

Hope this helps =)

Cobbler
04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi Tia, my man is also in Ashland prison right now. I would love to be able to talk to someone who has a loved one in Ashland. Hope to hear from you soon.
Cobbler

MissinAndWishin
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Once transferred from a county jail, to the designated prison, HOW LONG does it take for the prisoner (my fiance' ) To get registered and finally reach the prison? I knew that if I didnt hear from him for a while, that this is what was taking place. BUT....I love him so much! Would someone PLEASE tell me how log this process takes? I was told by the county jail that he was going to be in Ashland. I pray they are right!

MiniMoose
10-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Missin,

It was about two weeks for my LO to do the transfer process. I've seen other folks say it's taken a couple of months for their LO's transfer to complete. It just all depends on the BOP and how quickly they move.

MM

afarmer2005
11-27-2012, 01:25 AM
I was released from the FCI in Febuary 2012 - anyone have any questions, let me know

Bunny222
01-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I have heard they are forcing lot of guys to basically stand in the hallways and look like they are cleaning for 6-8 hours at a time. Has anyone else heard this?

AngelinaNyx
02-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Does anyone know how they are with furloughs at Ashland? Is it hard to get one do they even grantthem besides funerals?

AngelinaNyx
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Has anyone heard of lockdown or email issues at the low? I have tried calling and can't get thru. Haven't heard from my hubby

AngelinaNyx
04-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Has anyone heard from their loved ones at the LOW today?

msfirefly1
08-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone,
I really getting the nervous exciting jitter because we're on the two digit COUNTDOWN (finally)!! So, my question is to you is when they release him what is the process? He told my the other day that he heard that they (COs) just drop them off at night at this like this makeshift bus stop and you sit there and wait for another bus. Is this correct? Now unfortunately he isn't coming straight home, he's going to a halfway house :-( Now how long do they have to get to the halfway house (Marion,IL)? Do they get longer time to get there if they ride the bus or ride with family? If anyone can give me any info I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance :-)

shaunswifey05
08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Anyone been there recently to know what it's like? Visits & for inmates? My fiance is being transferred there soon. I'm very excited, I will be able to see him for the first time in 15 months!

msfirefly1
09-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Is your man still in Ashland FCI? Mine is and getting ready to come home soon. Would you happen to have any information about possibly getting picked up from the bus stop (he has to go on to a halfway house)?
Hey Tia,
My man is at FCI Ashalnd. I am here if you need to talk or you can PM me.

Mrs_W
03-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I'm gonna visit my husband at Ashland during Easter and I will like to know, which hotel do u recommend?

Thanks..

Lotus4him
04-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Im researching lows for a friend. I would like to know if there are weights, a gym, track, etc at Ashland?

hackyou11
04-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I was just release from there, so I can answer your questions. Yes, there is a track, weight pile, and gym. It's very laid back there, however the quality of inmates are not the best. Message me for more details on that.

Anthony

Labonte18
11-30-2014, 01:49 AM
in 1996 I did some work at this place.. Some notes I can tell everyone wanting to know about it.. but remember, this is nearly 20 years old now.. And, I'm speaking to the FCI mainly. Didn't do much at the camp.. Which, as I understand, is all dorm.

The H building(split into HA and HB sides) is the newest of the lot. That's pretty much where you hope to be if you're not in the honor dorm.. And you don't really want to be in the honor dorm, because it means you've been there a long time.. It's basically an outbuilding.

B is the hole

C is like a county prison.. Bars across the front of the cell.. No privacy.. Voices echo down the hall..

D is the receiving unit. Cells, but they actually have doors.

E and F, as I recall, are the same as D

G is the Honor dorm

J, K, L and M are dorm style Nasty. Not a place you want to be.

No A/C in most of the place. Not in the cellblocks, at least. Medical I was told is a joke. Most inmates describe it as pretty laid back. It's prison, but.. You know.. There aren't alot of fights happening or anything like that. The crew I worked with said that most people there were short timers and half of them if the fence fell down, would go out there and hold it back up. Not from the point that they don't want out.. But you don't risk 5 more years when you're down to 2 left.

One guy who worked in industries that I wasn't directly working with had his thumb chopped off by one of the attic fans they use to at least move air.. The inmate crew working with him carried him out and kept him calm while medical help arrived. Same guy had lost an eye, not at the prison, from a piece of plastic shooting into it. So, he was kinda just unlucky all around.

There was a day that we were prevented from working because they brought drug dogs in. So, it happens. They showed off a few bags of toilet wine they had found..

I got the impression that most people thought there were far worse places they had either been, or could be.

One thing that did happen while I was there.. We were doing a network project.. They had someone in replacing a hot water heater in the H unit.. Apparently the crew screwed up and wound up poisoning everyone in the entire unit with carbon monoxide.

The guards, I didn't interact with too much.. You could see some were collecting a check, some were a-holes.. Some were OK. I dealt with the folks in industries.. Who are technically guards as well.. But, both they and their inmate crews were really pretty cool to work with.