View Full Version : Someone did somthing nice for me

stormierain
09-17-2005, 11:07 AM
this was so nice, my garabage man. he seen me taking stuff out and he helped me

a stranger my own family wouldn't do that. there are nice people out there:)
stormie

Nina80
09-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Love it when something like that happens! Gives you a little more hope for the world

harry'sdaughter
09-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Such a little thing that can mean so much to us.
It also reaffirms the good in people when we least
expected it.

grouchpotato
09-17-2005, 11:59 AM
We oughta have a forum for RAOK.

harry'sdaughter
09-17-2005, 12:08 PM
grouchpotato, what is RAOK??????
by the way, happy to see that your son will be home
in less than a year!

grouchpotato
09-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Random Act OF Kindness Thank you I am happy about it too. Welcome to PTO.

harry'sdaughter
09-17-2005, 12:55 PM
thanks for the info and the welcome, grouchpotato!
i have actually been a member since march, 2005,
but my computer was in the shop all too often.
apple finally agreed to give me a new computer.
then we were at the beach from the end of june
til last week. i am in culture shock, trying to get back
to this hectic life in manhattan...

4MyBabyBoy
09-17-2005, 01:41 PM
lol stormie, that was nice of him!

LADYCEE
09-19-2005, 11:57 AM
There are still some good ones (ppl) out there, hard to find but they are out there. Thanx for sharing stormie and helping us remember that...:thumbsup:

Jamiesheart
09-19-2005, 12:58 PM
It makes you feel like the world isn't completely going to the dogs when someone helps you that doesn't have to. There are still a few kind hearted people out there.

Hope4US
09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
I remember a couple of years back my weekly metrocard was mysteriously damaged by the turnstile. The clerk was no help, she just nastily told me to send it in to get a refund. Faced with the possibilty of being stuck far from home with no $$ to get there..yeah I started crying. While others just passed me by a very good smelling gentleman asked me what was wrong. When I told him that my metrocard was messed up, he excused himself, walked up to the tollbooth and bought me another Unlimited Metrocard. He just gave it to me and said just get home safely. He then smiled, nodded and walked out of the train station.

Years later, I still get misty eyed thinking about that. Bah to people who say that New Yorkers are mean:blah:

skillz
09-22-2005, 12:00 AM
They are hard to find but they are out there FOR SURE!! This LOVELY young women contacted ME asking ME if I needed a ride up to the prison my friend was in because it is on the way to go see her boyfriend! I could not belive that! I mean she asked ME!!! She didn't want money, just as long as me and my girl were willing to meet her in the bronx at leaving time (bout 4am) then we are on our way! I can't begin to thank her enuff! People like that are hard to come by, but you know what if I had a car I would do the same for someone else seeing how hard and expensive it is to go and visit loved ones that are in the same state!
Thanx again girl! Hope all is well with you and yours!
Hey New Yorker aren't all that bad as we are made out to be!

stormierain
09-23-2005, 01:39 AM
yes it so nice. i like to hear about RAOK's. it is just somting little that a person can do to make you think, yeah there are nice people out there. if i can i go out of my way to help that little old person in the store who can reach something or read the price, or just a little smile. one thing i learned a long time ago is never look down on anyone. that homeless person on the street could be calling 911 for you.

skillz
09-24-2005, 04:20 AM
yes it so nice. i like to hear about RAOK's. it is just somting little that a person can do to make you think, yeah there are nice people out there. if i can i go out of my way to help that little old person in the store who can reach something or read the price, or just a little smile. one thing i learned a long time ago is never look down on anyone. that homeless person on the street could be calling 911 for you.So true! I try to treat everyone the same and give the same respect that I get!

Lillybee
09-24-2005, 10:08 AM
There are still friendly, nice and kind people in the world. If you believe the media garbage, they would have people thinking that the world is a hateful place. Not true. Just smiling at people as you pass them, most of them smile back. :)

chinikfb
09-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Peace......Love those Random Acts Of Kindness! It's God's law and a universal principle...What you put out into the world....comes back. As I believe and say to people....I know I am a decent person and certainly not the only one. There is GOoDness in all...sometimes you have to find it! Pleased to know that we all have experienced RAOK and will do likewise. Blessings....

stormierain
09-25-2005, 01:45 AM
grouchpotato
i thinkwe should have a link for it nrs g, fed-x how can we get one? it would be nice