View Full Version : New (question about life w/o parole)

prdrmewf
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Just wanted to say that having people in same boat as me helps me not feel so alone. My husband spent a year or so in jail and now is on house arrest awaiting his trial. He is in NC. at his parents house as I do not live there. If he is convicted he will be looking at lw/op. If the worst happens will we never have contact visits?

Niightdrmr
09-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Welcome to PTO- as far as contact visits it depends on what level your husband is really- if he is sentences maxium security level I think it takes some time before they are allowed contact visits....medium custody you are allowed contact visits....if you are asking about "trailer" visits the answer to that is NO - NC does not allow conjugal visits..... there are only 6 states that do allow those, NC is not one of the 6 states...so there is a chance you will get contact visits with him - but no chance of having conjugal visits....sorry!!!

Kelly

prdrmewf
09-16-2005, 09:48 PM
You can be looking at life without parole but at different levels?

rubydoodle
09-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I know of one inmate at my son's minimum security prison who is serving life without parole. It has taken him a number of years to get there, but it does happen.

LeaAnn
09-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Welcome to PTO!

rottn
09-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Welcome to PTO.

Niightdrmr
09-17-2005, 11:47 AM
PRDRMEWF- you might want to check out our Loving a Lifer forum - you can find some very useful information in there dealing with your situation!!! :)

Welcome once again!!!

Kelly

prdrmewf
09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Thank you very much everyone for responding.