View Full Version : Question about home confinement after halfway house

Lella
09-15-2005, 01:30 PM
When someone comes home on home confinement after halfway house do they wear an ankle bracelet like someone who is sentenced directly to home confinement?

cjjack
09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
It is my understanding that although most do not, some do.

manchester03
09-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Ive never known anyone that had to wear one in Halfway house, usually thats pre-trial or supervised release.

TxRhino
09-16-2005, 10:29 PM
I think the question was pertaining to supervised release :D .

Keep the Faith

Michael :thumbsup:

Monarch
09-17-2005, 08:09 AM
The requirements for "home confinement" differ from district to district. I am in the Middle District of TN and they don't use ankle bracelets for home confinement. I have friend in Tampa and she had to go on an ankle bracelet when she did the last little bit of her halfway house time on home confinement. It truly depends on where you are. When you go on home confinement from the halfway house you are still in the custody of the BOP and under the authority of the CCC (the halfway house). You have to call when you leave or home, when you get home from a pass, when you go to work, when you get home from work... and they call you EVERY single night (usually between 2 and 4 am) - if you don't answer the phone you are considered to be "unaccountable", which is the number one way to get yanked back off home confinement and put back in the halfway house. It's pretty much the same with or without the bracelet, but I actually think they probably bug you less with the bracelet b/c then they know where you are at all times.

coping
09-17-2005, 11:07 PM
I know someone in Texas who had to wear an ankle bracelet when he came home from halfway house until the final day of his sentence.

April07
09-20-2005, 02:27 PM
They call between 2 and 4 AM??? Oh lovely, it will be like being back on the railroad all over again! :D

John B. Webster
09-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I had to wear a bracelet for 30 days which was part of my Halfway House time. Once it was removed I started my SR. It is pretty common to finish Halfway House at home on a bracelet and the amount of time varies.

toddslady
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm a little behind on everything, so I'm sorry for the late response. I am on home cofinement right now, and no ankle bracelet. My understanding was that if you are sentenced to home confinement then you wear an ankle bracelet, but if you are place on home confinement under the halfway house you do not. All I know is that Liedel in Houston does not use ankle bracelets for home confinement. And, yes they call every night, usually around 2 or 3 am. It still beats being in the halfway house though.

Sheri's MOM
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
HI:

My daughter is due to be released, finally, to a HWH here in Massachusetts in January. It has been a long haul but I will be so happy to have her home. I talked to her yesterday about it and I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions. We hear that the houses are all pretty full and have a waiting list. They have talked to her about home confinement and that would be great for us but we will have to wait and see about that. She already has a job lined up but it is in NH (she had the job before she went in and she is going back to it).
What I would like to know- is there a chance they would let her do home confinement and what about working in NH? We live near the border of both states but reside in Mass. They let her do this before she went in with no problems she just had to report to her PO. Would she have to wear a bracelet?
The other thing is I am all confused about how we pick her up. She is in Alderson, West Virginia. It is about a 5 hour plane ride ( no direct route either) or a 17 hour drive in good weather. Do they allow us to pick her up at Aldersons? Will they allow us enough time to get her home and what happens if there is a snow storm? In the Winter they only have flights out I believe before dark and there aren't very many.
Thank you for any answers you can give me. I don't write very often but I do read a great deal of the posts and I keep everyone in my prayers.

Hearts34
09-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi Sheri's Mom,
I can't say about the job situation in NH because I don't know but I did see another post that said the job you get while at hwy can't be more than 100 miles away. I also don't know if you have to wear an ankle bracelet while on home confinement. I figure home confinement is better than hwy even if you have to wear the bracelet. Anyway, as far as picking her up I can only tell you what we're experiencing and what I've read on other posts here on PTO.
Normally, they will put her on a bus to go to hwy and will allow 1 hour to get to the hwy once she reaches the destination city. If you have alternate plans such as picking her up and driving her to the hwy then she needs to make it known to the staff at her prison so she can get approval for these travel arrangements. You may be asked to send in certain documentation including vehicle registration. I'm not sure if they'll allow an overnight stay since your drive is 17 hours long. I've also read that she'll be provided with a contact phone number in case of an emergency or delay, which they will verify. Whatever your travel plans are, driving or airplane, you need to get them approved ahead of time and don't deviate from them. We're also looking forward to January. All my best to your family.

Sheri's MOM
09-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Thank you so much for the help. She has begun asking all kinds of questions there and hopefully we will all be on the right track. We can't wait to have to home.
God Bless.