View Full Version : Intro: jjj from TX re:FP in Bryan,TX

jjj
09-14-2005, 09:34 AM
My friend has been sentenced to 6 mo. for D.W.I. She is 49 yrs. old & this is her 1st. time. What is she to expect?
She is terrified.

ajap
09-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Why are you thinking this DWI is Federal? They CAN be Federal, but it is not the norm.

jjj
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM
She pleaded guilty to the D.W.I. not the destruction of federal property. She ran into a planter in front of Camp Bullis in San Antonio.

venicespirit
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Welcome to PTO. You'll find lots of love and support here.

mystique
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I am also to self surrender to Bryan in a week. I was wondering what the best way to send money to myself was?

cjjack
09-14-2005, 02:55 PM
You can go to www.bop.gov (http://www.bop.gov) and find out the procedure to send money. That is a new feature of their site.

Here is a link to a thread I stared about women's fed camps. I myself spent 14 months in Bryan, almost 4 years in the system. Many great people have contributed to that thread. I think you will find it informative.

http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50568

That being said, Bryan is not too bad, all things considered.

TxRhino
09-14-2005, 06:13 PM
mystique,

First off Welcome to PTO.

There are two basic ways to deposit money in an inmates account, Wetern Union or "Snail Mail". I personally prefer Western Union. In order to make the deposit:

1.) If you go online with Western Union at WWW.Westernunion.com (http://www.westernunion.com/), you will need to click on the "Quick Collect" option. Then for the CITY CODE enter FBOP. For the STATE CODE enter DC. Once you do this the rest is pretty self explanatory and you should figure it out without problems. You will enter your Inmate number and last name (i.e. 12345-678Smith). It will take about 2 hours for the money to post to your account.

2.)On the otherhand, should you decide to send the Money Order by snail mail... be sure to include your Name and Registration Number along with the lock box address on the Money Order:

Lockbox, Federal Bureau of Prisons
InmateName and InmateRegistrationNumber
P.O. Box: 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001

Posting via the lockbox can take as much as 2 weeks, although I personally do not believe it has taken more than 10 days for money to post that I sent this way. If you have more questions or need more help, please feel free to PM me or Post again. Hope this helps and that you do not forget to

KEEP THE FAITH.

Michael :thumbsup:

LeaAnn
09-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Welcome to PTO!

gjteach
09-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I am also to self surrender to Bryan in a week. I was wondering what the best way to send money to myself was?

Use jpay.com...it is cheap...way cheaper than western union...it is only 4.95 to send up to 100.00...you will need to have about that much a month to buy decent things...they put the money in within hours too! It is a very good way to send money...and they are authorized through the system...easy too....good luck...hang in there...6 months is not too bad...

gjteach
09-15-2005, 08:08 PM
My friend has been sentenced to 6 mo. for D.W.I. She is 49 yrs. old & this is her 1st. time. What is she to expect?
She is terrified. First time? She had a bad lawyer...1st time should be probation...there are people with 3 and 4 that never do jail time...how did this happen??? Just wondering...