View Full Version : Writing Inmates when you are on Probation

Cinammo
09-12-2005, 06:03 AM
or home confinement. Can you do this? I have been writing a couple people for a long time and I don't just want to stop. Do I have too?? I guess I could call probation and ask but I am afraid of what I might hear. I would feel better hearing it from all of you.

tinab1221
09-12-2005, 08:44 AM
You need to let your PO know that you are having contact with a felon, most PO's don't have a problem with it as long as you let them know. I was on (FEDERAL) probation/parole when i first started writing my now hubby, and I let my PO know and she was cool with it.

Zelda50
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
When you are "afraid of what you might hear" means you'd better call! Because what you don't know CAN hurt you. You don't want to inadvertently do something to violate your probation. I know there's a tendency to want to "slide around the system" but it's that tendency that will lose you your liberty. And then you just may find out it's perfectly fine to write them. But you need to find out from your P.O. and not the general public. My opinion. Good luck - hope you get to keep writing! Zelda

Cinammo
09-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I'll ask tomorrow

dizzulsgirl
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Good idea!!!

Cinammo
09-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I know I just wanted to keep writing to my friends and I'm sure since I live in conservative Wisconsin i will not be able to write. Not a big deal, just an irritant