View Full Version : What happened to the pto diet?

Sunnie
05-10-2003, 12:42 PM
HEY!!!!! What happened to the support group we wre going to have for those of us wanting to lose weight.

I started slim fast 2 days ago, and I am just miseable. I have gas ( tmi) AND im gonna starve to death. How can one of these little shakes curb your appetite. I am going to give it a few more days since I do have a whole case of it. oh and by the way I have lost NOTHING~!!

Lets start the support group back up

Sunnie

chuysruca
05-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Hi, Sunnie:

You're a better woman than I. At least you're giving it a go. Good luck.

mrsdragoness
05-10-2003, 02:53 PM
I ATE IT.

MRS. D

TATINEE
05-10-2003, 02:59 PM
That was too funny, Mrs D! LOL. I had myself in the habit of going to the gym almost each day of the week, but then I was sick one week and it all went down the drain. With the end of the semester coming up and a new schedule at work, I'm gonna start a new schedule for myself to get there more often than I have been!

krisintx
05-10-2003, 06:08 PM
hey guys count me in on the diet. I have been "changing my lifestyle" (diet) for about almost 3 weeks. I haven't weighed myself yet hehe so i don't really know how I am doing. I feel a lot better. I actually was drinking 4-6 cokes a day with no water at all. I have not had a coke and nothing but water since I started. I might go weigh myself tonight and let you know on the progress.
If you are serious about getting a little group then that is cool. We could pick a day of the week to post and see how everyone is doing. Tell me what you think.

Kristen

SCLady
05-10-2003, 07:04 PM
I think that a support group for this would be great Sunnie! I tried Slim Fast too at one time, but it just did not work for me, I need real food! lol.

I am doing weight watchers and have lost 23lbs so far. I am looking better and feel so much better about myself.

PM me if you want!

Hugs to you!

krisintx
05-10-2003, 07:24 PM
wow brandy that is amazing! I am really happy for you! I know that all of us can do with all the support here. I went and weighed myself and have lost 10lbs. I am happy about the 10lbs but still have about 30 to lose and then I will be real happy. I just have to keep reminding myself that this weight didn't come over night and i won't lose it that way either.

Kristen

SCLady
05-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Yes Kristen, I know what you mean about the weight coming off slowly, geeze, but it is hard to be patient. I would like to lose about 30 more too. My "baby" is 6 and I am still trying to lose the weight I gained when I was pregnant :rolleyes:

I can use all the support I can get and who better than my family here :D

candy
05-10-2003, 07:38 PM
I have been on slimfast for a year now and have lost 50 lbs.! I know what you mean by starving when you first start! It gets better! You have to eat snacks in between and at night. Don't forget your exercise and drink plenty of water. I prefer crystal light. I only have 20 more lbs. to go and just do one shake a day. It is all about portion control and also mind control. Telling yourself that you can achieve anything!

candy
05-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Congrats. Brandy and Kristen!

flygirlaa2
05-10-2003, 10:25 PM
I started the Atkins diet a few weeks ago and am doing fantastic on it. I have lost over 25 lbs. I did it without my docs approval ( :0 DOH!) There is a good support site I have been using

www.atkinsfriends.com

To the right under resoures is faces gallery. It is a diary of people who are on the diet, many with before and afer pictures. I find it very helpful and encouraging to sit and look at how good they look and read their successs stories. I haven't posted my pic and story yet, but I plan too.

krisintx
05-10-2003, 10:57 PM
You know guys you sure are motivating people. I appreciate all of you. I am sitting here thinking about all the weight we have and will lose. Let's keep eachother motivated. I can't wait!

Kristen

Sunnie
05-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Wow flygirl on the 25 lbs thats AWESOME! and Candy 50 lbs. wtg!! Kristen and brandy you both rock. Dieting is hard enought and having a support group of those trying to acheive the same goal maybe not weighloss wise, but to lose excess weight is what we are wanting to do. Maybe we can talk to David and ask him if we could open an area just for diet and excercise. Have a couple of moderaters like other areas have on here.

Weekly weigh ins,
a place we can go for support when we want to eat that entire chocolate cake ( in all seriousness.)
celebrate when a person reaches their target weight, and also offer a place for maintaining that weight.
A place of others where we can keep each other accountable.'

What do you all think?

Sunnie

bearpaw
05-11-2003, 06:06 PM
If that happens, count me in!!! A support group within a support group. I think that would be great!

Carol

rns4ever
05-12-2003, 12:45 AM
sunnie that is crazy. i started slim fast yesterday. i bought 3 cases with two extra in each one. so i am stuck with it for about a week and a half. lol....... i would love that support group. i am looking forward to it. lets support one another. im in.....................

flygirlaa2
05-12-2003, 01:01 AM
Thank you sunnie. I am still in ketosis which is a massive burning of the fat. I have ketosticks that I use to check to make sure i am still burning. I am excited about it.

krisintx
05-12-2003, 01:20 AM
Sunnie talking to david about it is a good idea! I think that the weekly weigh ins would be great! I need people to help me keep on my toes hehe. Just a little place for us to share our ups and downs.

Joanna
05-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Hey guys,
Im on the weight watchers diet to and have got a trainer at the gym. A support forum for this would be great!

For you guys who have lost that weight thats fantastic!!!!!!!!!

albajo
05-12-2003, 06:30 AM
IF YOU ARE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT LOSEING WEIGHT YA GOTTA GO WITH THE ATKINS DIET I LOST 171 LBS ON IT YES ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY ONE POUNDS OF FAT!!! I LIKE TO EAT AND I LIKE MEAT!! AND YOU CAN EAT ALL THE MEAT EGGS AND CHEESE YOU CAN HOLD; FOR A SNACK TAKE A PEICE OF HAM AND ROLL IT AROUND A PICKLE DRINK ALL THE DIET SODA YOU WANT AS LONG AS THEIR ARE NO CARBOHYDRITES YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT; I NEED TO GET BACK ON IT AND LOSE 50 UNNEEDED LBS!! I DONT DRINK SODA JUST ONCE IN A WHILE A DIET DR. PEPPER THEN I WATER IT DOWN SO THATS NOT MY PROBLEM ; I CAN COOK ALL COUNTRY AND THEN I CAN CHOW DOWN WITH THE BIG DOGS; SO HERES MY SUPPORT GO ATKINS; THE ONLY DOCUMENTED DR DIET WHERE YOU CAN LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT BE HUNGRY HES ACCREDITED WITH SEVERAL MILLONS LBS BEING LOST AND IT DOES WORK LOVE AND PEACE ALBA