View Full Version : Sample letters for early federal probation termination?

PGGraham
09-05-2005, 11:55 PM
I noticed that there were sample letters for parole, are there any samples for early termination of supervised release?
Just FYI, My specifics, I was sentenced in Federal court in Colorado, and had my supervision transferred to Michigan while I was still inside. (Don't ask me how, the prison people did it for me.) I have served nearly 2/3rds of a 3 year probation and am trying to get out early. My PO is asking me to write a letter or a motion, either might do, then she will send it to the Judge in Colorado. Even though I have met all of my requirements, and have not had a single incident during pretrial (TWO YEARS!:angry: (Dang Lawyer) nor my eight months in prison; My worry is that she says that if it is denied, I will have to wait an entire year to try again, so I am seriously motivated to do it right the first time. After a month of searching Google, I can't seem to find anything :confused: Most disconcerting.

Has any one who has done this posted their letters, or what advice would one of the professionals have to offer? (Searcher, Are you reading this?)

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

PGGraham
09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Lacking any advice, I am considering sending the following. Comments?

September 9th, 2005

To whom it may concern;

On November, 2003, I was released from FCI (prison removed) after an eight month sentance to begin a three year term of supervised release. During that time I have complied with all of the requirements of my supervision without incident. Since that time I have secured gainful employment, and have tried hard to rejoin society as a positive and productive member. I have not had any negative law enforcement contact, and have continued my community service and volunteer work.

However, since my release I am running into some dificulties:

I have had to cut a business trip short at some great expense to myself and to my employer.
My employer has asked me to travel internationally in order to bid on several contracts, but because of my travel restrictions, I have had to deny them. (Specifically they would like me to travel to Canada and the Cayman Islands to install and maintain several 'Network Operations Centers' in these countries.
I have been invited to participate in a construction project in Iceland. I have had to deny my involvement in this until my supervised release is over. The construction is expected to be finished before my supervision release date of November, 2006.
I have looked into going back to college to finish my Engineering degree. I have been told by the school's financial aid office that I am ineligible to recieve financial aid while I am on supervised release.

Therefore, since I am over the one year minimum time perscribed in Title 18, part II, chapter 227, subchapter B, section 3564(c), and in fact, over half way through my ordered sentance, and since during the entire time of my incarceration, from pre-trial, through actual incarceration, through my supervised release I haven't had a single negative incident, I respectfully request that my previously ordered term of probation be discharged.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Respectfully submitted September 9th, 2005

(Signed, including all contact information and my inmate number and the case number)

Ken'sWife
09-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I wish you luck with your request. Please update with the progress. I would love to know for my own probation issues and thoughts.

NuBeginning
09-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm going to move this thread to the Federal Forum, as they will be more knowledgable concerning federal probation.

manchester03
09-15-2005, 04:44 AM
Alot of it is up to the judge, however the PO can help alot, he/she is the one to let the judge to know what your progress has been. A letter from your employer is always a very good thing too!