View Full Version : My son's birthday is 02 Sept.

kris658
08-29-2005, 06:16 AM
My son will be 26 on 02 Sept and I am not even sure if he will receive his birthday card from me. He believes that he would be transfered this week to Lakeview, for Shock and I don't know if his mail will be forwarded to Lakeview or returned to me. Does anyone know the answer?

We had our first visit together, last friday and that was wonderful. I don't know when the next time will be, that I can visit him. Is there a waiting period for visits at Lakeview? I know that once shock starts, there is no visiting for a month or so.

Hope everyone is staying strong and keeping the faith!!

nasty_boo
08-29-2005, 07:29 AM
i believe they do forward the mail no how long it would take for him to get it is another story :o so the best thing would be to send it off already and just see when it arrives ... better early /late than never :D
as far lakeview and shock i have NO clue but i bet one of the lovely PTO members will know more and share :p aint that right ;)

by the way WELCOME to PTO and stay strong as well :thumbsup:

ps: best bday wishes to your son

Momma Ann
08-29-2005, 10:08 AM
posted by someone else:I know a little bit about the shock program. Usually the person is 39 years old or younger. They go through several test before they are approved for shock. One is a physcial test and the other is a back ground check. Everyone starts off at Lakeview, then some of them go to the different shock camps throughout the state. They have a time limit for all that they do from making their beds, to showers and eatting. They get to buy things there once every two weeks. But they can only buy stamps, envelopes, writing paper, cigarettes, matches, personal hygene products. They are allowed visits only on Sundays every other week, and phone calls on the Sunday's they don't have visits. For only 10 minutes. The program is tough getting up at 5 or 5:30 and not going to bed until 930 or later. If anyone has any other questions you can PM me, and I'll try to answer.

LAT
08-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Happy Birthday, Michael!

julie192
08-29-2005, 06:10 PM
I do not know anything about Lakeview but I would like to wish ur son a happy bday since we share the same bday....

Manzanita
08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
I believe they do forward the mail, Happy BIrthday

kris658
08-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you ... Julie192:) . Hope you make the best of it!!

I do not know anything about Lakeview but I would like to wish ur son a happy bday since we share the same bday....

Wife C
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Happy Birthday to your son.:)

kris658
08-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Thanks to all of you, who wished my son a happy birthday. I was planning to visit him on friday in Elmira for his birthday but I called there yesterday and was told that he is on the list to be moved today (thurs) to Lakeview Shock in Brocton. So much for the surprise birthday visit!!

harry'sdaughter
09-17-2005, 01:02 PM
happy belated birthday to your son, the virgo, kris!
(i, too, am a virgo!)
so happy to hear he was accepted to the lakeview shock program.
one of my former students was at lakeview. he said it was hard,
but an excellent program. he is doing very well now, in his
own construction business.